Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

• This topic has 461 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

Who, being in the form of God,…….

took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

ME: “WHO” is the anointed Jesus of Nazareth who RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF GOD NOT BY MEASURE, is he who was in the FORM of God. 

John 12: 44 Jesus cried and said,He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath ANOINTED ME to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God,

YES he was made in the likeness of men, he was numbered WITH transgressors, when he went to the cross.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean,  there you go, Jodi, has preached the complete Gospel, of the kingdom of God to you. Now the question is do you truly believe it?

She did not add to it nor take away from it.  We do not push Jesus away from us, trying desperately  to make him appear different then we are?

Jesus was and is the “first of “many” brethern, to be resurected to eternal life. The first,  “not” the only. He is the exact way we can obtain eternal life, it exactly like he did, through God the Father,  our Father and his Father, our God and his God. 

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Berean
    Participant

and was made in the likeness of men:

AND WAS MADE FLESH……

John ans Paul are one….with the Word of God

Berean
    Participant

He was existing with God before to be made flesh….
    I DO NOT LIE

JODI ans Gêne omits this part of thé TRUTH

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

I will give you these passages again, please respond to them.

Isaiah 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives,

17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. 18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God HIMSELF that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. 19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. 

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Psalm 8: O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. ….3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

Berean,

The word of YHVH doesn’t say on one hand,

that HE ALONE BY HIMSELF created all things, and that there is no other God besides Him and it is His WORD that He declares, that He SPEAKS saying that it will be done, that He created earth not in vain but for it to be inhabited, where He visits a man and gives him glory and honor and gives this man dominion over the work of HIS HANDS.

To then on the other hand say,

that this man actually pre-existed and it was he, not YHVH actually, that had created all things and that he created it FOR himself.

THE TRUTH, YHVH created all things ALONE, BY REASON OF and FOR the son of David who is God’s Son according to the Spirit with power by his resurrection from the dead, where he is a first begotten of the dead, MADE higher than the kings of the earth.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Please go back and read slowly and carefully all those passages I gave initially.

Can you speak to me of them?

I feel like I need to dissect them for you and show how they all so wonderfully connect together, it’s like you don’t see those connections at all, and I’d so like for you to see them.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU: and was made in the likeness of men:

AND WAS MADE FLESH……

ME: 

FACT, the WORD of God was made true in the flesh of Jesus of Nazareth when he was anointed with God’s Spirit not by measure and sent to save the world. The people beheld the glory of this man as he performed signs and miracles and spoke God’s word with great authority all BECAUSE he had been anointed with the Spirit.

People didn’t behold his glory Berean because he pre-existed as God’s spirit son and he was some half-breed.  They beheld his glory because he was in the form of God, he had been filled with grace and truth, he had been filled with God’s Spirit without measure having God’s power upon him. As Isaiah tells you, the son of Jesse received the Spirit of Wisdom, Council and Might, Knowledge and Fear of the LORD, SUCH IS GOD’S WORD MADE TRUE IN THE FLESH. SUCH makes Jesus the only one who was begotten by God in full, with the purpose to save that which was lost. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Isaiah 42:1 BEHOLD my servant, I will uphold him: my elect,

my soul DELIGHTETH in him: (SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE, Jodi, The simple present is a verb tense which is used to show repetition, habit or generalization. example:

YOU LIE; PAST /PRESENT/FUTURE! 

GOD’S SOUL DELIGHTS IN JESUS; PAST/PRESENT/FUTURE! JESUS PRE-EXISTED Jodi!

I have given (PRESENT PERFECT TENSE; The present perfect is a verb tense which is used to show that an action has taken place once or many times in the past.Example:

YOU HAVE BEEN LYING since you came on heavennet.

GOD HAS GIVEN HIS SPIRIT UPON JESUS FROM THE BEGINNING;

JESUS PRE-EXISTED 

my spirit upon him,

he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Isaiah 42:6 I the Lord have called thee in justice, and taken thee by the hand,

and preserved thee. ( GOD PRESERVED JESUS;)

JESUS PRE-EXISTED

And I have given thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles:

Isaiah 42:9 The things that were first, (JESUS CHRIST)

behold they are come: ( IN JESUS THE SON OF MAN)

JESUS PRE-EXISTED

and new things do I declare: before they spring forth, I will make you head them.

STOP LYING Jodi!!!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Carmel,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Carmel, it only works if you want me to believe that between the time Isaiah wrote chapter 11 and chapter 42 that there existed a Son of Jesse who between that time God came and rested His Spirit upon him. I guarantee that’s not what you want to tell me though, lol. 

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Carmel, it’s very clear FIRST you have a Son of Jesse and THEN God places His Spirit upon him.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,…18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted*, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Carmel, just as Isaiah 11 is read as prophecy, Isaiah 61 is to be read as prophecy of what the son of Jesse was going to say in the future, and likewise Isaiah 42 is to be read as a prophecy. This could not be more  OBVIOUS as they are all talking about the exact same thing that would occur in the future, God’s Spirit coming upon a Son of Man. 

Berean
    Participant

Thé Father to the Son in Hebrews 1

unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
    [9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
    [10] And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
    [11] They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
    [12] And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Berean
    Participant

God to HIS BEGOTTEN SON:

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Jésus IS omnipotent

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…..It says above “thy fellows”  , please tell us who  “thy fellow” are?  Is it not “fellow” human being? 

Not to mention if Jesus were already a God, why would his God have to anoint him in the first place , seening as you say he created everything in existence in the first place.  Those scriptures are speaking of what God the Father has made not Jesus.  Because Isiah “clearly” shows that God the Father “alone and by himself” created everything that exists.

What you are saying would produce a contradiction of many scriptures in our bible texts. Even Jesus said himself clearly, “that they might know “you” the “only” true GOD”.   WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS EVEN IN CONTRADICTION OF JESUS’ OWN WORDS.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean and Carmel, you both need to look more honestly at the scriptures that speak against what you are saying, until you start to do that you will never come to the truth, IMO.  YOU SAY YOU BELIEVE JESUS, THEN WHY NOT START TO BELIEVE WHAT HE SAID THEN.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

I see then you would rather jump to another passage then discuss the passages I have given you.  Well it so happens that those passages directly apply to the entire chapter of Hebrew 1, and if you concentrated on them and believed what they say you would not be so astray from the truth Paul gives us in Hebrew 1, where you even make God’s Son into a totally FALSE IMAGE. 

Psalm 8:1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Berean, can you keep it straight the LORD our Lord verses the man who becomes a lord unto us for our LORD gives this man dominion over that which our LORD created???????

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. 10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: 11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed:but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Berean, you just totally IGNORE scriptures and apply the totally WRONG person to passages here in Hebrew 1, which makes you place the bible as a work of total absurd contradictions, as well as make God’s son into a false image. 

The LORD our Lord, does not change, and it was He that made all things ALONE He says, by himself. 

Jesus however died and was raised from the dead no longer able to return to corruption. He was raised having RECEIVED the promised Holy Spirit.

You are likewise told he was ANOINTED above thy fellows.

You are told in Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath MADE that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and CHRIST.

Berean, you have turned Jesus into an image of ANTICHRIST, if you want to apply the Hebrew verses 10-12 to him. 

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

long as you deny the divinity of Christ …. I cannot see how you can see Jesus completely …

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Will you refuse to apply Psalm 8 to Hebrew 1????

Likewise can you not respond to to the below,

“thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above THY FELLOWS“!

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean…..Read 2ths2,  Jodi is exactly right you have turned the  “image” of the  man Jesus into a GOD, WHICH BREAKS THE COMMANDMENT OF YEHOVAH,   OUR ONLY TRUE GOD.   You and millions of people like you are guilty of turning a man into the “image” of a God and you worship him as such,  you are under a cruse of blindness, and unless you repent you will never come to the truth . You not only do not believe what the only true God says ,  but you openly and brazenly deny Jesus ‘ own words he said.  You can fool yourself all you want but the end will prove sad for you and all who believe as you do also.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Berean. ….what does this mean to you…..

“this is eternal life, that they might know “you” the “ONLY” TRUE GOD” . …..

“for there is “ONE” God and one mediator between God and men, the  “MAN” , Christ Jesus” . 

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU: Jésus IS omnipotent

ME: 

Just so we are all clear omnipotent means,

having unlimited power and authority

Berean, scripture is clear that Jesus then, now, and in the future can do nothing of himself. 

How in the world can one be said to be omnipotent when they can DO NOTHING by their own right?

Jesus is given power and authority through our heavenly Father’s Spirit being upon him, he of his own self can do nothing.

NOT ONLY this, BUT ALSO that which Jesus does with this power is NOT OF his choosing, he is under the full AUTHORITY of our heavenly Father. 

Jesus is a SERVANT unto our heavenly Father, for our heavenly Father is his GOD and our GOD. Jesus is ordained of God to do God’s will. 

Acts 17:31 Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that MAN whom He hath ORDAINED; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised him from the dead. 

PROPHECY NOT COMPLETED, 

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; 3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: 4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts. 

Berean, this is getting just so absurd. You seem to have no actual interest in scripture COLLECTIVELY, which is where the truth can only be affirmed. You have done nothing but totally AVOID/DISREGARD all together direct scriptures given to you that prove you wrong. Your motto is to only pick out scriptures here and there that align with a doctrine.

Jesus is not omnipotent as he has our God and his God directing all his ways. He is the Son of Man ordained by God to return and judge the world in the righteousness that God had called him to. He doesn’t judge through himself, through his own eyes and ears, he has NO authority of his own, only the authority to do exactly what God directs him to do. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi LU and All,

LU:Now who did Jesus say he was , “I am”, the root and offspring of David”.

ME: 

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Folks, NOTHING would have been made that was made without the man to come Jesus of Nazareth. Without the seed of David that God would anoint with His Spirit and call to righteousness for to be a light to the world, DAVID WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN. David was born by reason of his own son. All things were made on the account of this Son of Man and for this Son of Man who would become God’s firstborn, MADE higher than the kings of the earth, a firstborn of many brethren. 

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he MIGHT HAVE the preeminence (first place). 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 

Folks, you are told by Isaiah that our heavenly Father our One True God YHVH declared this END from the beginning, a man who would come and execute God’s purpose for creating all things in the first place. From the beginning of creation, all the fullness dwelt in him who would come, in the man who would shed his blood. From the beginning with YHVH was eternal life. From the beginning with YHVH was this man who would receive this glory first. That glory was of God from the beginning, He created all things by that glory. 

Jesus did indeed preach the resurrection unto his brethren where he said that he would be first among them, where others would follow when he, the Son of Man, returns in our Father’s glory

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account