Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

• This topic has 461 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

Of course this idea is unBiblical !

Ed J
    Participant

Page 174 Post #864957 on the thread “The Ordinary Jesus Bragade”

Edj…..produce where I or Jodi ever said jophes Fathered Jesus, again you show us how little attention span you have.

Hi Gene,

Well I showed you

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene, Are you going to admit Jodi is WRONG for the record?

Edj…..Repeat I nor Jodi, ever said that Joseph ever “fathered” Jesus, that is you lying again,
    about what we have said, to try to make yourself look right. I went back and reread that post and
    not so much as a single word saying that it was Joseph who “Fathered” Jesus, by me or Jodi.

Here Ed J you are directly being told that “Jesus is in fact the son of Joseph” (Post 846075)

We are being told that “Joseph, the husband of Mary, begat Jesus” (Post #864881)

“Ed J, Matthew in no way is teaching us of an adoption, he directly gives us that Jesus is of the genes/
    fathered by Joseph” (Post #864879)

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Crazy people are those who directly ignore the specific text within God’s word. It’s unfortunate that you and others DENY directly what Matthew says, that he is giving us the book of the GENES OF JESUS. Plain and simple you don’t believe what is directly said, but I do. 

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

The eternal king would not just be of the seed of David he specifically would come being of David’s sons. Matthew directly tells us that he is giving us the book OF THE GENES OF JESUS. We see from Matthew that indeed as God had said, the eternal king came from being of David’s sons. 

Matthew 1:1 The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. 2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren; 3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram; 4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon; 5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; 6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias; 7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia;….and Matthan begat Jacob; 16 And Jacob begat Joseph (the husband of Mary) of who begat Jesus, who is called Christ. 17 So all generations (men of the same genes) from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations. 

Jacob, the husband of Mary, begat Jesus, and we see through Jesus’s father Joseph, his genes being traced all the way back to David and to Abraham. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Ed J
    Participant

First off I didn’t say: Crazy people believe Joseph is Jesus’ father?
    Instead, in light of much Scripture: its Crazy to believe Joseph is Jesus’ father!

Hi Ed J,

Crazy people are those who directly ignore the specific text within God’s word.

Hi Jodi,

You mean like these verses…

1) Where the Bible clearly says: Jesus was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:27)

2) Joseph was not Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:20, Matthew 1:25) (Jer. 22:28-30/Matthew 1:11-12)

3) God’s HolySpirit was Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:35, Hebrews 7:28)

I’m sure there are many more verses, but these are enough to make my point!

Ed J
    Participant

Jacob, the husband of Mary, begat Jesus, and we see through Jesus’s father Joseph,
    his genes being traced all the way back to David and to Abraham.

Jodi,

Matthew 1:16 says: Joseph is Mary’s Husband (making Joseph Jesus’ Legal father, not his biological father)
    “And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.” (Matt 1:16)
    Please don’t change Scripture to force your view upon it. It instead says: Mary, of whom was born Jesus

Jesus was not born of Joseph so why are you claiming he was?
    Joseph’s DNA is not needed for Jesus to be of the lineage of David

Mary was of the lineage of David, so by proxy Jesus too is of the lineage of David. (<– and you even agreed)
    Why not just accept the truth of what Scripture says? Jesus is “The Son of God”!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Looks like at least one person doesn’t believe that Jesus is the son of God. That is of the Antichrist spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer…..But then God is the Father of us all according to Jesus and the Apostles, perhaps you people didn’t read this yet.

Matt 2:9……. And call “no man” your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven”.

Matt 18:14,… Matt 11:25, 26, …Mar 11:25, 26, Luk 6:36….Luk 11:13,  12:30, 32

Eph 1:2…..”geace be to you, and peace from God “our Father”, and from the lord Jesus “the anointed”.

Phi 1:2…….grace be unto you, and peace from God “our Father”, and from the lord Jesus “the anointed”

1Th 1:3, 11, 13, …2THS2 1:1, 2, 16, …1Ti 1:2,  2Ti 1:2…..Phm 1:3……1 John 13

All those who have the “anointing Spirit” from God the Father, have the “seed” of God “in” them , they have been “begotten” of God and are the Sons and daughters of God their Father, who is in heaven. 

Exactly the same as Jesus, was and is. By the exact same “anointing” Spirit being “in” them as was and is “in” Jesus,  Only “FALSE”  teachers,  try to make “the man” Jesus different from his brothers and sisters . 

They are servants of the devil and preach his “his” “doctrine of separation ” . Never stopping to make Jesus appear “different” then we are. The are twice dead, in this life and the one to come unless the repent. 

Question is Proclaimer, do you “truly” believe  Jesus when he said ….I am going to “my” Father and “your” Father, “my” God and “your” God.

If you do then you would know there is no difference between Jesus and those who have, the “Anointing Spirit” of God  dwelling “in” them. 

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

You mean like these verses…

1) Where the Bible clearly says: Jesus was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:27)

ME:

Ed J, I am really confused by you now, do you suffer from major memory laps?…or comprehension to someone’s word?

1.) I have repeatedly spoken of THE VIRGIN BIRTH directly according to Isaiah 7. I have repeatedly talked about how Mary was conceived by the power of God’s Holy Spirit. …but to you that equates to me ignoring the specific text?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: 2) Joseph was not Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:20, Matthew 1:25) (Jer. 22:28-30/Matthew 1:11-12)

ME: Matthew 1 directly tells you that Jesus is of the genes of Joseph, we are given 1 book of genealogy in Matthew, and it is said to be Jesus’s book of genetic heritage and it also that of Joseph’s. 

2.) As I have explained before and even asked you, how is a virgin able to conceive (at least back in those days), if not doing so FROM the Holy Spirit?

“that which is conceived in her is of  (EK – out of, from, by) the Holy Ghost.”

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end…

…35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee SHALL BE called the Son of God.

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will establish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

That which is conceived IS the son of David who SHALL BE great, who SHALL BE called the Son of the Highest, and he SHALL reign. Jesus wasn’t GREAT until he was begotten of God’s Spirit, an anointing, at the river Jordan, which just so happens to be the moment when God declared this Jesus, the son of David of David’s sons, to be his Son, and it just so happens that is when we read of this Son being sent out into the world where people witnessed his greatness BECAUSE the Spirit was upon him without measure. 

YOU ED J, DENY THE GIVEN WORD OF THE PURPOSE OF THE VIRGIN BIRTH.

YOU ED J, DENY THE GIVEN WORD THAT MATTHEW IS GIVING US THE BOOK OF JESUS”S GENETIC LINEAGE.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: 3) God’s Holy Spirit was Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:35, Hebrews 7:28)

ME: 

3) Matthew 1:18 and 20 used the word EK -which as said means out of, from, by

the VIRGIN Mary was found with child from the Holy Spirit, as Luke 1:35 tells us that the “Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee”.

as said, how else is a VIRGIN suppose to conceive without FROM the Holy Spirit by it’s power?

then we are told also in Luke 1:35, “therefore also that holy thing  which shall be born of thee SHALL BE called the Son of God.”

“holy thing” Hagios – most holy thing, a saint

ALL firstborns are considered “holy things” Ed J,

Luke 2:23 as it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy (hagios) to the Lord,

Luke also in chapter 1 calls the prophets Hagios, most holy things. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: 3) God’s Holy Spirit was Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Luke 1:35, Hebrews 7:28)

Hebrerws 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

ME: uh, your not applying the context of the chapter nor other passages that directly speak to it. 

READ,

Hebrews 7:20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was MADE priest: 21 (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) 22 By so much was Jesus MADE a surety of a better testament. 23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: 24 But THIS MAN, BECAUSE he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. 26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and MADE higher than the heavens; 27 Who needet not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Psalm 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. 5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. 6 He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

was Jesus MADE a surety of a better TESTAMENT

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my Spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. 2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. 3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. 4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: 6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a COVENANT of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Ed J, we are told that we are joint heirs with Christ (the anointed of the Spirit) being heirs of God, where we are Sons of God being LED by God’s Spirit, where we are children of God for the Spirit bears witness to our spirit that we are children of God.

NOW APPLY that directly TO Isaiah 42. Jesus is OF the people, the son of Jesse to whom God gives the breath of life to and a spirit to walk therein. The Spirit comes upon this Son of Man, it is an ANOINTING and it is a calling to righteousness where then God holds his hand and keeps him –LEADS his spirit with HIS HOLY SPIRIT. 

This was GLORY that God had promised he would give to no other mortal human, an only begotten Son filled with grace and truth as the Spirit of Wisdom, Understanding, Council and Might, Knowledge and fear of the LORD was upon him, SENT To DO GREAT WORKS in the name of the LORD, where then people beheld his glory. 

Hebrews 7:28 does not teach that Jesus was conceived as a one of a kind being by the Holy Spirit combining with a human female egg. That’s just ridiculous, which is what you get when you take a verse perverting it by not applying the context of the verses beforehand and other passages that directly speak to that context.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer,

YOU: Looks like at least one person doesn’t believe that Jesus is the son of God. That is of the Antichrist spirit.

ME: Glad that’s not me!! 

Romans 1:1-4 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, which he had PROMISED afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures, concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the PROMISE of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. ..36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people. 32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David. 

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Proclaimer FOR ONCE can you SPEAK to these passages????????????????

I doubt it at this point, seems like you can’t handle reading more than just a verse or two at a time, and only those verses at that moment count, nothing else should be applied. 

Jesus is a human, a son of David, who is God’s Son ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT, which we are to be made into his image, where we are told that those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God, where we are told that God is going to place His Spirit upon us and cause us to follow all of His ways. As Jesus was begotten of the Spirit, we too are to be begotten, glorified together with him, all being an heir of God’s Spirit, God being ALL IN ALL.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer. ….Jesus became the son of God “exactly”  as we do.  “you must be born again”  His human DNA was from the “loins of King David, just as he said he, “I am the root and “offspring” of David”. Jesus was “Begotten” of God “spiritually”  when The Seed Of God, the “Holy Spirit”  Came into him and remained in him, after his baptizim at the Jordan river by John the Baptist.   His “first”,  flesh body,  was through the roots of Jesse and king David, just AS SCRIPTURE SAYS. His revived “flesh body” was by the ‘Holy Spirit” of God. The same thing applies to us who have  the   “earnest” of the Spirit dwelling in us. 

Have you noticed Jesus was never called the Son of God till “after” he was baptized and recieved the “Anointing” ?  Even the Angel said to Marry “he “shall” Be called the son of God. Where does it say anywhere he  already was the son of God, before his “anointing

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

Jodi,

Matthew 1:16 says: Joseph is Mary’s Husband (making Joseph Jesus’ Legal father, not his biological father)
    “And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.” (Matt 1:16)

Please don’t change Scripture to force your view upon it. It instead says: Mary, of whom was born Jesus

ME:

I’m not changing scripture, and we have gone through this before. 

Punctuation which is added in by the translator can change the meaning to a passage.

Luke 23:43 is a simple example.

Just a change in placement of a mere comma changes the meaning to the passage, to where if it’s not properly placed it creates a lie even.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

REALLY? On the day Jesus was crucified he went to paradise and the thief on the cross was going with him??

NO that’s absurd, a total lie, change the placement of the comma and you are being told the truth, that on that day when they were preparing to die on the cross, Jesus told this man that he would join him in paradise.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

Now let’s look at Matthew 1:1 up to verse 16 and after in verse 17. 

The context is that we are being given the book of the genetic lineage of Jesus, where Matthew is proving that Jesus is a true son of David and Abraham being of their DNA. Matthew begins this book of the genetic lineage of Jesus by starting from Abraham where he reaches all the way to ” Jacob begat Joseph” in verse 16,

16 And Jacob begat (Gennao, begat) Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born (Gennao, begat) Jesus, who is called Christ.

“was” is a word the translators added in, and they changed the pattern of translating gennao all this time from begat to born.

I am well in keeping with the truth of the original text to say, “Joseph, husband of Mary, of whom begat Jesus.” 

When the context is Matthew giving us the book of the genetic lineage of Jesus to link him as a true son of David and Abraham, the book is going to lead us to whose DNA it is that Jesus receives that directly links him to David and Abraham. The lineage given is NOT Mary’s, it’s JOSEPH’S in this case. Jesus is begotten of Joseph’s DNA making him a true son of David and Abraham. By the power of God’s Holy Spirit overshadowing the virgin Mary God fulfilled this lineage Matthew gave us. 

This is not rocket science Ed J, this is VERY SIMPLE logic of the clear given text. 

You simply refuse to acknowledge that Matthew is giving us EXACTLY what he says he is, whose DNA Jesus is of that links him to David and Abraham. You have never once attempted, that I have seen, to even discuss verse 1 and 17 of Matthew. You can’t explain it away, so you don’t even acknowledge it!!!!!!!!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: 3) God’s Holy Spirit was Jesus’ Father (Matthew 1:18, Matthew 1:20, Hebrews 7:28)

ME: I say verse 18 and 20 tell us that the virgin Mary was found with child from the Holy Spirit by it’s powers.

I am still confused as to what you believe exactly. 

You say that the “Spirit of Christ”, who is the Son of God, emptied himself of his glory and came down from heaven.

You believe that which remained after being emptied of glory was combined with Mary’s egg to make a human?

You believe that which remained after being EMPTIED OF GLORY was combined with Mary’s egg, made this child to be a pre-existing Son of God?

Therefore you believe that Jesus is called a Son of God because the non human part of him, which had no glory, pre-existed as a Son of God? 

“found with child of the Holy Spirit”

so you equate “of the Holy Spirit” means “of the Son of God without his glory“? 

hmm….

Ed J
    Participant

Jodi, Joseph’s DNA is not needed for Jesus to be of the lineage of David

I wrote:
    Mary was of the lineage of David, so by proxy Jesus too is of the lineage of David. (<– and you agreed)

Hi Jodi

Do you agree that Joseph’s DNA is not required for Jesus to be of David’s linage through Mary?
    “Yes” or “No” ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer. ….Jesus became the son of God “exactly” as we do. “you must be born again”

Today in the City of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord!

We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we have seen his star in the East, and have come to worship him.”

Even a fool can see when you argue against what I write that you argue against scripture.

That means your teaching and arguments have been exposed.

Didn’t you know that?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer….clever, but you make it out that those  sentences were said at the same time, so it will appear as you say, but the truth is , that those  statements  were said at completely different times, one was when  he was born, that doesent say he was a son of God at all, the other was “after” he was “anointed”  and became the Son of God, then he was sent out into the world, to be the savior of the world. 

Only one statement you used say anything about him being the Son of God, and that statement was made “way after”  Jesus was anonted by God, and became the son of God . Even God said about Jesus,

Again you  have cleverly  left out what the Angel to Mary, “he “shall be” called the son of God, did you notice “shall be”,  a future tense word written there , another words , he wasen’t a son of God already ” when that was said. “GET IT?  Here is another scripture you can try to twist up. 

Heb 1:5….For unto which of the Angels said he at any time,  (please pay attention)  Thou art my son, “this day” I have begotten you?  and again, I “will be” to him a Father, and he “shall be” to me a Son?  

If he say he “will be” and “shall be”, that means he is not that yet  at the time he said it. GET IT!

You continue to try to make Jesus appear “different”  then we are, that is exactly what Satan wants you people to do.

Peach and love to you and yours. ………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account