John 8:25

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 228 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

Kathi, I pray to God through Jesus not to Jesus, that is the difference we have…… There is only ONE TRUE GOD…. Not two… Jesus Himself said that His Father is greater then He is…

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus is not Jehovah… Jehovah is one God

Psa 83:18   That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.  
    Jehovah is the most high Gods nam,e ALONE…

Psa 97:9 For You are the LORD Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all [fn]gods.  

Even so Jesus is called God, He is not the Most High God…He the Most High God is above all Gods….that includes Jesus…

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.  

If this does not convince anyone, they are blinded….

Mat 15:9 'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.'”  

Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 30 2011,13:36)

Mike,
    I can talk to both of them and they both hear me…you need me to talk to both of them!

Kathi, I asked which one of your two Gods you PRAY to concerning me.  Please answer.

Jesus is the Son of God and therefore a God also and one with His Father as Jehovah in the fullest sense.

I agree that Jesus is A theos.  But who is the MOST HIGH GOD, Kathi?  And who is NOT that One, but instead the Son OF that One?

Jehovah doesn't change, according to scripture.  So there can be no “fullest sense” of Him.  Either Jehovah is ALWAYS BOTH the Father AND the Son, or he is NEVER BOTH the Father AND the Son.  God is unchanging.

If Jehovah is SOMETIMES just the Father, and SOMETIMES just the Son, and SOMETIMES a combination of TWO, then that would mean Jehovah DOES change.  And that, like almost ALL of your doctrine, is unscriptural.

Kathi, if Jesus IS our one God, then who is the Son OF our one God?  Jesus cannot possibly be his own Son.

He would most certainly tell you how blessed those are who have not seen, yet believed and he would not be referring to you.

That's exactly what this thread was about, Kathi.  I want to know from the horse's mouth exactly who Jesus is.  I listed about 22 direct quotes from Jesus that make it clear he is someone OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO his God and our God.

You guys have listed NOTHING to show otherwise.  You listed Jesus uttering the most common pronoun-verb combination in any language as your “proof” that Jesus is God.  But you can't even be sure that “I am” is what YHWH means for one.  And for another thing, saying “I am” is NOT the same as saying “I WAS I am”.  I showed you where the same pronoun-verb combination was said by Jesus to Phillip, and how virtually EVERY Bible in existence understands that, to make any kind of sense in English, it must be rendered as “I have been”.  It is only on 8:58 that translators forget how to translate because they are being led more by their bias than their ability to render Greek into sensible English.

Keith brought up a scripture where Jesus said all things had been GIVEN to him BY his Father and God.  And you brought up a similar scripture.

Is that it?  Is that the end of the “Jesus is God proof” ALREADY?  :)

I thought for sure I'd at least see the scripture where Jesus said he'd raise the temple in three days.  ???

Pastry
    Participant

Mike! Please go to the prayer tread and consider my request, I would appreciate it very much…..Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Irene,

I follow the prayer thread regularly. I just don't comment every time I pray for one mentioned there. You and yours are in my prayers always, Irene. :)

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 02 2011,03:53)
    Hi Irene,

I follow the prayer thread regularly.  I just don't comment every time I pray for one mentioned there.  You and yours are in my prayers always, Irene.  :)

Thank you Mike….Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God spoke through Yashua.
    I AM

mikeboll64
    Blocked

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Interesting. I wonder why the Apostle John didn't pick up on what you've figured out, Nick. He seemed to think it was Jesus who said those words, not God who said them through Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The words indeed came from the mouth of Jesus the anointed one.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So what scripture tells us that it was God speaking through Jesus, since all we can tell from the scripture itself is that JESUS said those words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Can you not discern the Spirit of God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Absolutely. What I can't discern is why the God-inspired words of the Apostle John would say “Jesus answered” when it was really God who answered. Perhaps John didn't have the spirit like you do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did you not know he was one with the Spiirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did you think when the Spirit in Yashua spoke Jesus would not move his lips?
    He was led by the Spirit.[Lk4]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 13 2012,19:08)
    Hi MB,
    Did you not know he was one with the Spiirit?

So then God was saying that He was before Abraham?  God was trying to teach to the Pharisees that He existed before Abraham?  And none of this was caught or mentioned by Jesus or John?  Only Nick has been shown this truth? I would have thought that the Pharisees already knew God existed before Abraham.

Come on, man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Would you hear it the same as the carnal pharisees would?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick, it would be no big deal for God to say He was before Abraham.  Every Jew already knew that.

But for a man who wasn't yet 50 years old to say that HE was before Abraham?  Yeah, that's a different story.  Something like that would likely cause the Jews to pick up rocks to stone that man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    If they knew God they would have known His voice and not murdered His Son.
    They knew nothing and took the words at face value.
    We should know better.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jn 12.49

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Did you think the words of Jesus were his own??
    Jn 14.10

You need to get ears that hear?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 228 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account