John 6:57

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2011,16:06)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,22:20)
    Mike,

Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Add, 'the man from heaven' and you have this:

Just as the living Father sent me, the man from heaven, and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Kathi

Now let's try it the real way:

Just as the living Father sent me, the Word through whom the whole universe was created, and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Now let's try it the real way:

Just as the living Father sent me, the incarnate Son, and I the incarnate Son live because of the Father….”

Jesus was not Son until He became a man because only men can be sons. Jesus was not “sent” from heaven. He came from heaven on His own. Jesus was “sent” into the world in the same way He “sent” His disciples into the world. No one says that His disciples were sent from heaven.

Paul said that He was both born and sent from a woman (Galatians 4). Jesus came from heaven on His own and became under God and it was from that point that He was “sent.”

A nurse may apply at a certain missions organization to become a missionary to give medical attention to third world people. She is accepted by the organization and then “sent” to Africa. She came to the missions organization of her own volition. She was accepted and then “sent” from that point. Jesus left His glory above of His own volition and became Son for our salvation. The Father “sent” Him from that point. Paul said that He was both born and sent from a woman (not from heaven).

Just as the nurse voluntarily put herself under the authority of the missions organization so Jesus voluntarily put Himself under the Father who became His Father when He became Son at His birth.

Mike's and t8's and Pierre's view is heretical and ungodly because it robs Christ of the free volition that is CLEARLY taught in Philippians 2 and in John 10 and in other scriptures. They will answer to God for every soul they mislead.

KJ

Pastry
    Participant

Just as the living Father sent me, the incarnate Son, and I the incarnate Son live because of the Father….”

Jack! But the Scripture Mike quoted does not say what you just did……

Jhn 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Jhn 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
    Jhn 10:7 ¶ Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Jhn 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Also Jesus was sent by His Fatehr, to do the Fathrs will and not Hism own…

Jhn 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

Jesus said He will do the will of him that sent Jesus….see it….

Paul said that He was both born and sent from a woman (not from heaven).

What Scripture is that????

Since Jesus preexisted Hi birth on earth, He was not sent by Maria, but by His Father…..John 6:38…
    Irene

terraricca
    Participant

KJ

Mike's and t8's and Pierre's view is heretical and ungodly because it robs Christ of the free volition that is CLEARLY taught in Philippians 2 and in John 10 and in other scriptures. They will answer to God for every soul they mislead.

KJ

if we read your quotes on this site alone you have your fare share of all the deluded ideas and false concept of scriptures ,

God knows witch ones are truthful and he will change your curse into an blessing for us and so we will be vindicated to be righteous in teaching God's truth not ours,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 22 2011,23:30)

4.  Was it not the Word who was with God and WAS God that BECAME flesh and dwelled among us?  Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Wow Mike, you almost said it…
    you said:
    'Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Do you now agree that all things were created by 'the Word?'

Don't get excited, Kathi.  The capital “G” and the “by” were for YOUR benefit.  :)

All things were created by the Word who was the pre-existent Son, creator was not role of the 'man from heaven.'  Creator was the role of the pre-existent Son.  Jesus was both, the pre-existent Son and the 'man from heaven.'

Okay, let's get to the bottom of this “dual-natured Jesus” you keep talking about.

Kathi (and Jack, if he's not too scared to answer a question after he pops in a thread spouting unscriptural garbage), was it not the pre-existent Jesus who was made flesh, dwelled on earth with the glory of an only begotten, and did many signs, wonders, counseling, and teaching?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 23 2011,02:29)
    They will answer to God for every soul they mislead.

You make a great point, Jack.  But instead of just continually talking the talk, why don't you try walking the walk?

I made a thread called “Is God Almighty One, Two, or Three?”.  This thread brings attention to Jesus' own words in John 8:24-25:

24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied.

The point of the thread was to take ONLY the words of Jesus, and use those words to find out just exactly who Jesus HAD BEEN claiming to be all along.

Keith popped in with a scripture where Jesus claimed to have been GIVEN things BY his God, and made a weak claim that if God GIVES things to Jesus, then Jesus IS that God who GAVE him things.  ???

But I haven't seen you or Kathi list any scriptures from the first 8 chapters of John's gospel that YOU GUYS think show an instance of Jesus himself claiming to be God Almighty, or equal to Him.

Don't just pop from thread to thread spreading unscriptural garbage, Jack.  That's just talk.  Why not come to that thread I mentioned, and show me where JESUS HIMSELF claimed to be God Almighty?  I did a brief summary in the fifth post on page nine showing exactly who Jesus had been claiming to be all along.  I did not find any scripture where he claimed to be God or equal to Him though.

So here's your chance to add a little walking to your talking.  Why not walk on over to that thread, and post a scripture where Jesus HIMSELF claimed to be God Almighty.

I'll look forward to reading the MANY scriptures you will post.  Because I'm sure there are many right?  Since this is such a CLEAR scriptural teaching, surely Jesus himself must have CLEARLY mentioned that he was God Almighty MANY times, right?  :)

See ya there………………unless of course you can't even find a single ONE!  :D

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Kathi and Jack

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 23 2011,18:18)

4.  Was it not the Word who was with God and WAS God that BECAME flesh and dwelled among us?  Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Wow Mike, you almost said it…
    you said:
    'Or were all things created by “the man from heaven”?

Do you now agree that all things were created by 'the Word?'

Don't get excited, Kathi.  The capital “G” and the “by” were for YOUR benefit.  :)

All things were created by the Word who was the pre-existent Son, creator was not role of the 'man from heaven.'  Creator was the role of the pre-existent Son.  Jesus was both, the pre-existent Son and the 'man from heaven.'

Okay, let's get to the bottom of this “dual-natured Jesus” you keep talking about.

Kathi (and Jack, if he's not too scared to answer a question after he pops in a thread spouting unscriptural garbage), was it not the pre-existent Jesus who was made flesh, dwelled on earth with the glory of an only begotten, and did many signs, wonders, counseling, and teaching?

mike

Yes, Mike, it was the pre-existent Jesus that came in the flesh. Before flesh, He was not human in nature at all.

When He became flesh, He did not empty Himself of His nature but of the privileges of that nature and became a humble slave.  He didn't receive the glory of who He really was as creator and Lord of lords, part of the unity called Jehovah but now does receive that glory from those who 'know' Him.

Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 27 2011,17:55)
    Yes, Mike, it was the pre-existent Jesus that came in the flesh.

Okay,

Then it was ALSO the pre-existent Jesus who became flesh that said, “I live BECAUSE OF the Father”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 22 2011,05:16)
    Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

What does this mean?  There is truly only one name under heaven through which we can gain everlasting life.  So I accept that I may someday live BECAUSE OF Jesus Christ.  It is he who has been granted by his own God to give life to me.

But who is it that gave life to him?

Hi MB,
    God is the LIVING Father.
    He gave a share of His Spirit of eternal life to Jesus.
    Now Jesus has died that Spirit can be sent to all men who obey so that all these may be joined to him now in that Spirit just as he is joined to his Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was no different to you and I until he was reborn from above.
    That is why we are told to follow him and share that life.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,08:51)
    Hi,
    Jesus was no different to you and I until he was reborn from above.
    That is why we are told to follow him and share that life.

Nick.

The man Jesus has been given the breath of life just like us.
    At his death,he gave it back to his Father.
    At the resurection he is made life itself,so will we be.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    The human spirit of Jesus returned to God at death as with any man[ecc12]
    He was raised BY the Spirit of life abiding in him.
    That is our hope too.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,10:36)
    Hi WU,
    the human spirit of jesus returned to God at death as with any man[ecc12]
    He was raised BY the Spirit of life abiding in him.
    That is our hope too.

Nick.

Jesus speaking in John6:62.—the words that I speak unto you,they are spirit and the are LIFE.
    This is not the breath of life that is given to all living.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Of course not.
    That is the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
    But most still only hear the words of a man from Nazareth.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2012,12:02)
    Hi WU,
    Of course not.
    That is the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.
    But most still only hear the words of a man from Nazareth.

Nick.

Yes,not knowing the true Jesus,the word of God.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Yes the Spirit that spoke through Jesus in Jn 2.19 promising to raise him up.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account