JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,641 through 18,660 (of 25,926 total)
  • Author
    AndrewAD
    Participant

As members of Christ,ordained before eternity we too are images of God and Christ in the blessed Logos.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Could believing that Jesus is NOT the Word of God that was with God be of the Antichrist spirit?

I don’t know, but think about this.

We all know that the Antichrist spirit denies that Jesus came in the flesh.

According to the scriptures below, the Word that was WITH God became flesh.

So denying that Jesus is that Word could be a subtle denial that Jesus came in the flesh.

We also know that through this  same Word everything came, and scripture says the same about the son of God.

We also know that this same Word was the life and light of men, both things that Jesus claimed he was.

Now John came to testify about this light and we know that he testified of Jesus.

And as many as received him he gave them the right to become children of God, again that has to be Jesus Christ and not just an attribute.

And if he is this Word, then he was with God in the beginning, something some people here not only believe, but also teach.

Revelation 19:13
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

John 14:6
    Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

1 John 1:2
    The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

John:1:1-4
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    He was in the beginning with God.
    All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
    In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.
    The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.

He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
    There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.
    He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
    He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
    But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 John 5:6–13
    This is he who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ, not with the water only but with the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the witness, because the Spirit is the truth. There are three witnesses, the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree. If we receive the testimony men, the testimony of God is greater; for this is the testimony of God that he has borne witness to his Son. He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne to his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who has not the Son of God has not life.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Where does scripture say Jesus existed in the form of God?

Are you not misquoting phil 2 yet again?

Is it Ok to treat scripture with disrespect?

Yes Nick, Phil 2. Read it for yourself. Show it the respect it deserves.

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!
    9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Nick, he existed in the form of God/was in nature God emptied himself or made himself nothing and came in the flesh or made in human likeness.

It is written for those who have eyes to see. If this upsets you, I am afraid it says more about you than the scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

You misquoted it because you omitted CHRIST in your post.

Without the Christos anointing he was a godfearing carpenter born of Mary.

The man was not with God nor was God in the beginning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

A body was prepared for the Christos-that of Jesus the Son of Mary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

The antichrist spirit does not deny that Jesus came in the flesh.

Read more carefully and quote what is written.

It speaks of Jesus CHRIST.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh.

Not Jesus before that anointing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus was made a little lower than the Angels.heb 2.9

But you think otherwise?

Do you still think he was the angel of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

jn 3.11f

I tell you the truth.

WE speak of what WE know,and WE testify to what WE have seen, but still you people do not accept OUR testimony.

I have spoken to you of earthly things, and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven-the Son of Man

Who are the WE?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Did you know the Spirit is of the Father and the Son?

They are the WE

See Jn 14.23

So if the Spirit was speaking through Jesus in Jn 3 why do you not hear the voice of the Spirit in other sayings?

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

why are you not hearing the truth in scriptures but always refer to your religion man made doctrines ;

Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

if you would be in Christ right now you would be saying the truth for Jesus came full of it and teach it ;but you do not preach truth so you do not possess the spirit of truth given by Christ to his apostles ;you have separate yourself from Jesus truth ,
    you say;;So if the Spirit was speaking through Jesus in Jn 3(this should be the whole scriptures ) why do you not hear the voice of the Spirit in other sayings?
    this I can see you do not hear it

terraricca
    Participant

nick

the “we” in John 3 11 are him and his apostles ;amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

really?

Shallow thinking again.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

Hi t,

really?

Shallow thinking again.

ha,ha,ha, you are lost another opinion ,but no, scriptures in Nick mouth are hard to come by , show us scriptures ? can you ? will you ? NO

Ed J
    Participant

ha,ha,ha, you are lost another opinion ,but no, scriptures in Nick mouth are hard to come by , show us scriptures ? can you ? will you ? NO

Hi Pierre,

Can YOU show us ANY Scripture that says Christ was created? Can you? will you? NO

…yet this is what you believe ??? …how odd ???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

You misquoted it because you omitted CHRIST in your post.

Without the Christos anointing he was a godfearing carpenter born of Mary.

Correct, it denies that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

But you are actually teaching that the Word or Spirit came in the flesh, not Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. That is what you are saying.

To you Jesus Christ is that person who upon baptism received the spirit and became for the first time, Jesus Christ or Jesus with the Spirit.

But Jesus Christ was born in a manger Nick, and Jesus Christ came in the flesh. Was the baptism when he came in the flesh? No.

He was Jesus Christ before the baptism and it is for this that you condemn me. Yet I have shown you scripture where I merely am repeating these words from the Bible. They are not my words. So you cannot condemn or make conclusions that I am not listening to the Spirit. Because I am quoting scripture Nick, and you are the one who has to give an answer as to why you believe this way and how you are not treading on these scriptures.

• Jesus Christ was born a baby
    • Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

I know at this point you will have to agree with these two points. But how are you going to keep your teaching and be faithful to these clear statements in scripture?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t8,

Jesus was made a little lower than the Angels.heb 2.9

But you think otherwise?

Please pay attention so that you do not have to repeatedly come to erroneous conclusions.

He existed in the form of God, emptied himself, and came in the flesh. 

I see being made a little lower than the angels as being complimentary to what I believe and teach. And if you were fair, you too could see that my belief and statement above in no way denies that God made him a little lower than the angels, in fact it aligns with it. Further, if you quote it in full you will see that it actually says ‘for a little while’.

who for a little while was made lower than the angels,

So you are wrong. I do not think otherwise at all do I.

The fruit of the Spirit does not lead a man to come to wrong conclusions time and time again about another man’s doctrine and teaching. Certainly the Pharisees were very good at that, so I discourage you from following their example.

The spirit of this world is more likely to do that because Satan is the accuser and likes to accuse, falsely accuse, and condemn. It is he that is the Father of all lies and all lies are of him. Please be careful to what spirit you listen to Nick, bitterness will quench the Holy Spirit.

Those who are born from above love others and we know them because of their love. We must be born from above and the proof of that is our love.

Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do you still think he was the angel of God?

Another false conclusion Nick.

I started a topic called “The Angel of the LORD“. I never conclusively said that he was, but that Jesus was clearly called a messenger in scripture and that the Messenger of God in the Old Testament had much in common with Jesus Christ. It was a topic of discovery to see whether there was any merit to this idea that many believe, and I still think there is merit to this day. Please read the opening post in that topic to see what I state about this subject. If you read further, you will see I never changed my stance. It was there to test the idea that scripture seemed to present to us.

The Messenger of the LORD was called ‘Wonderful’ and the messiah is ‘Wonderful Counselor’. The Old Testament repeatedly talks about a being that was like a son of God. Further, Jesus and John are both called ‘messengers’ as is Malachi the Prophet and others.

I spoke correctly when I said that ‘messenger’ was often translated ‘angelos’ in the Greek (angel in English) and that when we read the word angel, it may or may not actually be referring to celestial being like a Seraph or Cherubim. It could actually be talking about a man.

Clearly Malachi was a man, yet that is the word for ‘Messenger’. So right there an ignorant man could state that I am teaching that Malachi is a celestial being, but as I said, that would be an ignorant man who said that, so please do not say that too. He was a LORD’s messenger.

Malachi 3:1
    “See, I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking  will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come,” says the LORD Almighty.

Almost without exception this passage has been interpreted to refer to two messengers – John the Baptist as the first messenger “preparing the way” and the Lord Jesus Christ as the second “messenger of the covenant”.  It  is also quoted in Matt.11:10.

A messenger or the Messenger of the LORD is not always the angel you have in your mind Nick. So stop jumping to false conclusions please.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

Jesus was formed in his mother’s womb. Isn’t that created?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Did Jesus do works by his own power or did God do the works through him?

Viewing 20 posts - 18,641 through 18,660 (of 25,926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account