JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 10,281 through 10,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    limjunus
    Participant

Is there a spiritual benefit by opposing the doctrines of our Lord Jesus Christ?

He is vividly saying the truth about God. “THAT WE MUST KNOW THE THE ONLY TRUE GOD, IS HIS FATHER” attested by his apostles and the prophets of God.

How we can oppose that very doctrines of Jesus Christ, our Lord? by recognizing the so called “gods” are also true God. YES or NO?

I am reminding you my friends Jesus said, “my doctrines is not mine but from the one who hath sent me..”

Opposing Jesus Christ doctrines mean is, you are opposing the doctrine of the one and only true God, the Father.

Peace.

:D

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2012,04:10)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 15 2012,21:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2012,19:02)
    limjunus,

By the holy scriptures, The first man, Adam and Eve has been created by God, from the clay.  Called a soul without life.  God breath the life into him and the man became a living soul.

Where did you come up with this strange idea?

The clay is the body of a man; it is not the soul.  In fact the soul is in the blood and when the earlier departs from the body; the living breath departs.  

According to Jesus Abraham and Isaac were yet alive even though their body had returned to dust.  What part of them still remained  and was living; even though naked?

Kerwin, it is not a strange idea.

Why not read the Genesis, go to the creation of man by God

There are three component in a man. Spirit, Soul and Body.

I Thess. 5:23 NKJV

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The clay or dust is the external body/personality (cover/clothe of a human being), the Soul is the internal body or inner personality and the Spirit is the life given by God, and shall return to God, when a man was died.

limjunus,

You might not have intended to but you were calling the body the soul.  This is what I called a strange teaching.

You are correct that the soul is the inner man.   The spirit is what that man lives by.

There is a body, soul, and spirit but both the soul and spirit are immaterial in nature; while the body is material.

limjunus,

I see where I misunderstood your words which if interpreted according to your intent do not mean what I thought you were saying. We have to be careful to correctly interpret the Word of God. Thank you for clearing up the matter.

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 16 2012,07:10)

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 16 2012,06:39)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,21:58)

Hi Charles: the same glory.

Edj,

No!! It's not the same glory

comment on my post

Yes,

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye
    have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;
    if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
    For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy
    to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:14-18)

Nice post Ed j. :D :D

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:58)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,16:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:22)

Ed,

According to the AKJV, which you swear by, is Jesus a god?  YES or NO?

Hi Mike,

No

Wow Ed.  ???

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
    6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

To All who aren't aware of this, one can only go so far in a discussion with Ed, because once things start going against him, he isn't afraid to straight out lie to be “right”.  He also isn't afraid to pretend that he can't understand simple language skills or concepts if that's what it takes to keep him being “right” in his own mind.

How sad, Ed.

Mike,

Did you read the Isaiah 9:6 rightfully?

I could not read that the child shall be called “Mighty God”.

What I had read is, “..and his name shall be called The mighty God…” and not the child (Jesus)

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 16 2012,11:06)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,10:50)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,17:41)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:27)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,16:10)
    So, you believe that you and your servants of YOUR “God” are also each “a god”?

Frank,

Do you DENY the scriptures in which many of Jehovah's servants are called gods?   ???

Do you think I made those scriptures up, Frank?  :)

mikebull s'64,

What it is that I deny is your perversion of Scripture!

Good.  Then you accept this actual scripture:

Exodus 21:6 NET ©
    then his master must bring him to the judges, and he will bring him to the door or the doorposts, and his master will pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever

The word translated as “the judges” is really “the gods”, Frank.  These gods were servants of Jehovah, and judges of His people on His behalf.

Will you call them “false gods” – even though they acted as representatives of the Almighty God?   ???

See Frank, it is not that I “pervert” the scriptures.  It's more a matter of you just not knowing them all that well.

mikebull s'64,

Again, I deny your perversion of Scripture! :laugh:

Be aware that the word “God” is of pagan origin!

From the Encyclopedia Americana, 1945 Edition:

“GOD (god, gawd): Common Teutonic word for personal object of religious worship, formerly applicable to super-human beings of heathen myth; on conversion of Teutonic races to Christianity, term was applied to Supreme Being, and to Persons of Trinity 6-38a; 13-58a; Bible 3-174a; Jesus Christ 8-206b; mythology 10-362b; Spinoza's philosophy 12-165a.”

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

GOD, origin from pagan? Allah origin from Islam. But the importance is the meaning.

What is the meaning of the word “GOD”?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 16 2012,14:39)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,02:01)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 16 2012,01:34)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 15 2012,16:11)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 15 2012,02:58)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 14 2012,21:09)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 14 2012,04:38)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 12 2012,22:58)
    …the essence of the word equal is two and could not be completed without the other one to be equaled.

Exactly.  One cannot be “equal to” himself.  In order for one to be “equal to” another, there has to be that OTHER for him to be “equal to”.  “Equal to” definitely implies TWO – one of whom is “equal to” the OTHER.

So even with jammin's doctored translations that say Jesus is “equal to God”, it still backfires on him.

(FYI, there is no actual scripture that says Jesus is “equal to God” anyway.  There are, however, many scriptures that say he is the “servant of”, and “lessor to” his God and Creator.)

In what essence Jesus Christ is equal with God, as we have aware, it could not be as another true God, because for being the Supreme Being He is alone and could not be duplicated

Therefore, God could and would be equaled by Jesus Christ in the essence of God's attributes.

The true God in the essence of qualities, is holy,… Jesus Christ is also holy (sinless). (God and Jesus Christ is equal in holiness)

A sinless or a holy man could not be condemned to death.  The rules of the law is, “For the wages of sin is death….” ref. Romans 6:23 NKJV.

Therefore, Jesus Christ even though he is a human is immortal (in the form/ nature/ attribute of God) for being holy/sinless and the power of death has nothing to do with him. But he did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,…” (Jesus Christ's nature/attributes is holy and immortal. Entitling him as equaled with God, and it is not robbery or to be hold) Ref: Philippians 2:6

Here is the mystery of the kingdom of God…. for the salvation of all mankind.

All mankind have sinned, except Jesus Christ. The nature/attributes of man is weak, violators or sinners, under the power of death and already condemned for the eternal punishment by God.

The salvation has been made through Jesus Christ. God made him a redeemer and Lord to those people who will beleive with his good news (Christ's gospel).

The good news is; Jesus Christ, have agreed with the will of God, that he must set aside his immortality and holiness by acting as a servant, acting has no reputation and willing to experiences a life of human full of sins, accepting the wages of death for the sinners; he must die for the sake of his believers/ followers even in the death of the cross.  ref: Philippians 2:7-8

In the first place, Jesus Christ could enjoy the benefits for being holy/sinless. He can live forever and ever and no need for him to suffer as a sinner and no need for to experience the hardship in this world. But, instead he remove all of his attributes (immortality and holiness) with God, he took the normal form (sinners and mortal nature) of a human being, live among men, experiences the hardship in this world and died for us. The reward of his noble task and sacrifices,… God, exalted him, given him a name above every name and made him Lord and Savior for the Glory of his God and Father. ref: Philippians 29-11.

That's it…the mystery of the kingdom of God, for the salvation of the followers of Christ Jesus.

read in phil 2.6 that it refers only to holiness.

ill wait.
    give me a single translation limjunus.

i do not need opinion. i want you to read  your illusion in phil 2.6

that is not the right meaning of the verse.
    you are not saying the whole truth. you are like your father satan

Jammin,

Now, you are requesting for a single translation?  You did not see it? There were references every end of the context.

It is not my opinion, it is the new covenant or gospel of Christ Jesus.  That he must set aside his nature/attributes for being a holy man of God.  A holy man could not overcome by death or the power of death has nothing to do with a sinless man.

In other words, the penalty of sin is death and eternal condemnation in the lake of fire (hell). ref: Romans 6:23 / Rev. 20:14 NKJV

Jammin, answer me honestly. How the holy man or a sinless man could be put into death by God, where is the righteousness that only a guilty man must be punished by death?

Do not insist your incorrect understanding with the Philippians 2:6 and just throw away the verses 7 to 11.

Do not contradict the truth of the Bible by twisting it because of your own understanding.  

Think it and learn it rightfully.  You must throw away your belief that the true God died for us.  

Here is the truth of the kingdom of God. The one and only true God, is immortal and would never died.

In fact you are in the stage of a very dangerous illusion.

Jesus Christ, sacrifices his nature/attributes. For being sinless or a holy man, the power of the death has nothing to do with him (Romans 6:23 and Rev.20:14)

The status of Jesus Christ was a sinless man entitling him for immortality. The same/equal quality of God, never died.

But he did not hold into it, instead he set aside it (stripped the equality of God) and agreed to be the appointed redeemer, willing to change his status of being holy man/immortal and took the normal form a human being, acting like sinners, experiencing the pain of being a sinners and ready to die even on the cross.

Because of completion of the noble and holy task given to him by God, he has been rewarded, exalted, receiving precious name above all name and made him Lord and Savior of the chosen people of God.

You are in a perfect illusion of Satan, Jammin. Imagining your belief,…The true God rewarding another true God,… true God died on the cross because he is obeying the commandments of his another true God?

The Holy Scriptures is full of mystery and it is not like an open or ordinary book. You can not get the rightful understanding on it except with the guidance the true preachers of God.

Peace.

therefore you cant read in phil 2.6-7 that it ONLY refers to holiness.

make your own bible boy LOL

the meaning of the verse is that HE IS GOD! it refers to possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God

Philippians 2:6-7

Amplified Bible (AMP)

6 Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [[a]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped [c]or retained,

7 But stripped Himself [of all privileges and [d]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.

it talks about the ESSENCE!

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

His already existing STATE OF EQUALITY with God, both the Father and the Son having the same ESSENCE.

Jammin,

You mean there are two true Gods in existing with the same essence?       Now, you are introducing two Gods,.. a clear contradiction to the official pronouncement of the Son of God. “stating: ” That they may know you (Father) the only true God.  Father is the only true God, and very vividly is not the Son.

If the Bible said Father, meaning is not the Son. YEs or NO Jammin?

:ghostface:

so until now you cant give me any single version that says in phil 2.6 that it refers only to the holiness of Christ. LOL

why dont you make your own bible to support your imagination boy LOL

the bible said the father and the son have the same nature, nature GOD!

that's what the bible says. the bible did not say TWO GODS bec the christians know that God is the form of Christ! that God is nature of Christ! phil 2.6

they know that the father and the son have that same nature!they are both God by nature!

ill repeat my example.

you and your father have the same nature, HUMAN

you are both HUMAN!

Jammin,

you are circling your example.

Who told you that I and my Father are not human in nature?

Who told you that Jesus Christ is God, because he is the Son of God?

Why you can not accept that the other sons of God, are also God? ref : Genesis 6:4 NLT.

Where is the verse that the word God, means is “nature”?

The Bible said, God is spirit…” Is Jesus Christ is a spirit?

Read and study the Bible “kiddie cool”.

:ghostface:

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 16 2012,14:35)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,02:41)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 16 2012,01:35)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 15 2012,18:47)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 15 2012,10:58)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 14 2012,04:09)
    In what essence Jesus Christ is equal with God, as we have aware, it could not be as another true God, because for being the Supreme Being He is alone and could not be duplicated

limjunis,

Who is “the only true Lord”?  

And who is “the only true mighty one”?

Mike,

There is so many true Lords can be read in the Bible. That's why apostle Paul reminded us, that among the many men called lords,.. for us alone, there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ. …also,

we can read in the Bible that there are so many mighty, but the the Almighty God is only one and He is true. ref: Gen. 6:4 NKJV.

There is no other true God, can be read in the Bible, except the Father and God of Jesus Christ. John 17:1-3 / 1 Cor. 8:6 / Mal. 2:10 NKJV.

if im going to follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you boy??
    paul said there is ONE LORD, Christ.

so is the father not LORD to you? yes or no?

Jammin,

That's my original question to you, why you are now using it for me?

I have already lay down my explanation about it (1 Cor. 8:6) and you are again failing to answer my questions.

Did Apostle Paul said that the Father, for being specifically and categorically introduce the one and only true God, should not be called Lord, because of the next context that there is only one Lord Jesus Christ?

or

You just want the passages be in harmony with your understanding that the meaning of the words “only one” is not saying alone but two?

Oh come on Jammin.

To the true believers/ the chosen people of God. “There is only one true God, the Father.  Is does to you Jammin, the real meaning of the word “Father” is the “Son”???

Go and make your own Bible and your own dictionary.

answer my question boy

you said there is ONLY one GOD, the father and you quote 1 cor 8.6

paul also said there is only ONE LORD, Christ.

therefore, if i am going to follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you.

is the father not LORD to you?? yes or no?

Jammin,

one Lord Jesus Christ, does mean to you the one and only true God? YES or NO?

When was the time Jesus Christ became Lord? and who made him Lord?

Read my previous post with a detail explanation, that's a clear answer to you “kiddie boy”.

Unlike your's,…just only post the verses and immediately give your conclusion without explanation.

Why Jesus Christ proclaimed by apostle Paul the he is the only Lord by the chosen people of God? Is does mean to you that the meaning of the word Lord is God? ho ho ho ho!

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2012,20:18)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 16 2012,04:10)

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 15 2012,21:23)

Quote (kerwin @ Sep. 15 2012,19:02)
    limjunus,

By the holy scriptures, The first man, Adam and Eve has been created by God, from the clay.  Called a soul without life.  God breath the life into him and the man became a living soul.

Where did you come up with this strange idea?

The clay is the body of a man; it is not the soul.  In fact the soul is in the blood and when the earlier departs from the body; the living breath departs.  

According to Jesus Abraham and Isaac were yet alive even though their body had returned to dust.  What part of them still remained  and was living; even though naked?

Kerwin, it is not a strange idea.

Why not read the Genesis, go to the creation of man by God

There are three component in a man. Spirit, Soul and Body.

I Thess. 5:23 NKJV

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The clay or dust is the external body/personality (cover/clothe of a human being), the Soul is the internal body or inner personality and the Spirit is the life given by God, and shall return to God, when a man was died.

limjunus,

You might not have intended to but you were calling the body the soul.  This is what I called a strange teaching.

You are correct that the soul is the inner man.   The spirit is what that man lives by.

There is a body, soul, and spirit but both the soul and spirit are immaterial in nature; while the body is material.

limjunus,

I see where I misunderstood your words which if interpreted  according to your intent do not mean what I thought you were saying.  We have to be careful to correctly interpret the Word of God.  Thank you for clearing up the matter.

nice…

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,20:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:58)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,16:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:22)

Ed,

According to the AKJV, which you swear by, is Jesus a god?  YES or NO?

Hi Mike,

No

Wow Ed.  ???

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
    6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

To All who aren't aware of this, one can only go so far in a discussion with Ed, because once things start going against him, he isn't afraid to straight out lie to be “right”.  He also isn't afraid to pretend that he can't understand simple language skills or concepts if that's what it takes to keep him being “right” in his own mind.

How sad, Ed.

Mike,

Did you read the Isaiah 9:6 rightfully?

I could not read that the child shall be called “Mighty God”.

What I had read is, “..and his name shall be called  The mighty God…” and not the child (Jesus)

Hi limjunus, (Note: Read the Septuagint(LXX) of this verse)

Once again you got it right! Here is what  “Jesus' Name”  means…

Jesus’ Name in Hebrew יהשוע means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of GOD the Father.
    [יהשוע] “Jesus” REAL name authentically establishes [יהוה] “JEHOVAH” as the highest Name. (Psalm 83:18)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

limjunus,

ill repeat

answer my question boy

therefore, if i am going to follow your argument, the father is not LORD to you.

jammin
    Participant

limjunus said:Who told you that Jesus Christ is God

John 20:28

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

i believe what thomas said to jesus.

he is God and Lord.

——-

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jammin,

Remember at the mount of transfiguration Jesus
    was assured of his resurrection by Moses and Elijah.
    Thomas said: unless I see and touch I will not believe.

Afterward Thomas believed: and said
    unto him, My Lord and my God.  (John 20:28)
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)
    2 Cor 5:19 spells out clearly why Thomas said what he said; there is no hidden messages in his words, Jammin.

Jesus said to Philip: (John 14:11) Believe me that I in the Father,
    and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works sake.

Thomas believed for the very works sake!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:07)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 15 2012,08:35)

limjunis,

Mike,

There is so many true Lords can be read in the Bible. That's why apostle Paul reminded us, that among the many men called lords,.. for us alone, there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ. …also,

we can read in the Bible that there are so many mighty, but the the Almighty God is only one and He is true. ref: Gen. 6:4 NKJV.

There is no other true God, can be read in the Bible, except the Father and God of Jesus Christ. John 17:1-3 / 1 Cor. 8:6 / Mal. 2:10 NKJV.

jammin has a good point here, limjunis.

We must learn to understand “emphatical statements”.  If we take “only Lord, Jesus Christ” LITERALLY, then it means Jehovah is NOT our Lord.

If we take “only true God” LITERALLY, then it means that Jesus, and the other servants of Jehovah who have been called “god” in the scriptures, are “false gods”.

Read my last post about President Obama, limjunis.  Does calling Obama “the only true President” make the President of Mexico a “false President”?  Or is it a way of placing Obama ABOVE the other Presidents in the world?  Which one?

mike

is not God ,the GOD OF GODS AND LORD OF LORDS ???

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (limjunus @ Sep. 16 2012,20:45)

Frank,

Do you DENY the scriptures in which many of Jehovah's servants are called gods?   ???

mikebull s'64,

then his master must bring him to the judges, and he will bring him to the door or the doorposts, and his master will pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever

The word translated as “the judges” is really “the gods”, Frank.  These gods were servants of Jehovah, and judges of His people on His behalf.

Will you call them “false gods” – even though they acted as representatives of the Almighty God?   ???

See Frank, it is not that I “pervert” the scriptures.  It's more a matter of you just not knowing them all that well.

mikebull s'64,

“GOD (god, gawd): Common Teutonic word for personal object of religious worship, formerly applicable to super-human beings of heathen myth; on conversion of Teutonic races to Christianity, term was applied to Supreme Being, and to Persons of Trinity 6-38a; 13-58a; Bible 3-174a; Jesus Christ 8-206b; mythology 10-362b; Spinoza's philosophy 12-165a.”

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

GOD, origin from pagan? Allah origin from Islam. But the importance is the meaning.

limjunus,

Actually the word “God” (Gad – pronounced gawd) means 'fortune, good fortune' and is translated in the KJV as 'that troop' and in no way means “Mighty One' in relation to Father Yahweh. You will see this more properly translated in the World English Bible:

“But you who forsake Yahweh, who forget My [set apart] mountain, who prepare a table for Fortune, and who fill up mixed wine to Destiny; I will destine you to the sword, and you shall all bow down to the slaughter; because when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear; but you did that which was evil in my eyes, and chose that in which I didn't delight.”
    SOURCE (See: World English Bible translation).

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, G-D is the common Teutonic word for a personal object of religious worship, applied to all the superhuman beings of the heathen mythologies. The word “g-d” on the conversion of the Teutonic races to Christianity was adopted as the name of the One Supreme Being. Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics and Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged agree that the origin is Teutonic paganism.

Now, note what Isayah 65:11-12 says:

11. You are those who forsake YAHWEH (the Biblical Hebrew Creator) who forget My special mountain, who prepare a table for Gawd (G-d the Canaanite idol *El), and who furnish a drink offering for MENI (G-d’s wife),

12. Therefore, I will count you for the sword and you will all bow down for the slaughter because when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not hear, but you did evil in My sight, and chose that which displeases Me.

*NOTE: Baal is the son of El (Eloah, or the plural Elohim).

Now, note what the Jewish Virtual Library says on “Baal Worship”:

“The word baʿl, common Semitic for “owner, master, husband,” became the usual designation of the great weather-god of the Western Semites.”
    SOURCE

Now compare this to what Scripture teaches concerning this deity:

When that time comes,” says Yahweh, “you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master.' I will remove the names of the **Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked (Hoseyah 2:16-17).

**NOTE: The English translation for the word 'Baal' is “my LORD”:

Word Origin & History

Baal
    “The name of many deities of the Semitic peoples” [Klein], late 14c., Biblical use is from Heb. Ba'al, lit. “owner, master, LORD,” from ba'al “he took possession of,” also “he married;” related to Akkad. Belu (source of Heb. Bel), name of Marduk. Also related to the first element in
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

1. any of numerous local deities among the ancient Semitic peoples, typifying the productive forces of
    nature and worshiped with much sensuality. …

World English Dictionary:

1. any of several ancient Semitic fertility gods
    2. Phoenician myth  the sun god and supreme national deity …

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

LORD. (1.) The name appropriated to the principal male god of the Phoenicians. It is found in several places in the plural BAALIM (Judg. 2:11; 10:10; 1 Kings 18:18; Jer. 2:23; Hos. 2:17). Baal is identified with Molech (Jer. 19:5). It was known to the Israelites as Baal-peor (Num. 25:3; Deut. 4:3), was worshipped till the time of Samuel (1 Sam 7:4), and was afterwards the religion of the ten tribes in the time of Ahab (1 Kings 16:31-33; 18:19, 22). It prevailed also for a time in the kingdom of Judah (2 Kings 8:27; comp. 11:18; 16:3; 2 Chr. 28:2), till finally put an end to by the severe discipline of the Captivity (Zeph. 1:4-6). The priests of Baal were in great numbers (1 Kings 18:19), and of various classes (2 Kings 10:19). Their mode of offering sacrifices is described in 1 Kings 18:25-29. The sun-god, under the general title of Baal, or “lord,” was the chief object of worship of the Canaanites. Each locality had its special Baal, and the various local Baals were summed up under the name of Baalim, or “lords.” Each Baal had a wife, who was a colourless reflection of himself. (2.) A Benjamite, son of Jehiel, the progenitor of the Gibeonites (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36). (3.) The name of a place inhabited by the Simeonites, the same probably as Baal-ath-beer (1 Chr. 4:33; Josh. 19:8). – Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary [Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.]
    SOURCE

You will note that in most translations that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name “YaHWeH” (or YeHoWaH) was SUBSTITUTED with the INFERIOR names/titles “the LORD” and “GOD” designated with all capital letters. This practice was in following with the Jewish scribes (copyist) in SUBSTITUTING His Name with the INFERIOR pagan/names/titles Adon (or plural 'Adonai) and El, Eloah {cf. Allah} (or plural 'Elohim').

The Jews developed a belief of their ***”own understanding” that is not taught in Scripture that they should not use the Name Yahweh that is contrary to what is taught in Scripture that we are to set apart (“hallow {make holy}, sanctify”), revere (“fear”), remember, think upon, wait upon, walk in, trust in, love, seek, declare (proclaim), bless, publish, call upon, sing unto, praise, esteem (“glorify”), make known (“manifest”), and know His Name.
    SOURCE

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart? That think to cause My people to forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Baal (God & Lord) – SSBE Jeremiah 23:26-27.

Till when shall it be in the heart of the prophets? – the prophets of falsehood and prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which everyone relates to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Ba'al (God & Lord) – SISR Yirmeyahu 23:26-27.

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

There is also a clear warning given to us in Scripture that we are not to add unto or take away from Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word, and this is exactly what has been done especially concerning His Name purely for the “traditions of men” sake. Note that Father Yahweh's Name is recorded in Hebrew Scripture close 7,000 times and has been SUBSTITUTED close to this many times. And to top this off, the translator's of the so-called “New Testament” did not even bother to carry His Name over in their translating, but instead followed in the tradition of the Jews in not publishing His Name in their translating. What does Scripture say concerning the erroneous practice?:

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart (Psalm 29:2.

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; bring an offering and come into His courts (Psalm 96:8 cf. 1 Chronicles 16:29 .

It is quite obvious to me that the scribes (copyist) and in turn the translators did not follow in Father Yahweh's clear instruction (torah, law, commandment, statute, charge, teaching). In turn it is up to us to restore His Name Yahweh to it's proper stead in the Scripture (Yahweh's prophetic inspired word) that it was removed from to the best of our knowledge. You will also note the clear teaching that there will be a RESTORATION of His Name to a “PURE LANGUAGE” by Father Yahweh Himself in the end time of His return to planet Earth when He will set up His Kingdom and do away with the unrighteous kingdoms and governments “of this world”.

For then will I restore to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the Name Yahweh, to serve Him with one accord (Zephanyah 3:9.

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:09)

Frank,

mikebull s'64,

mikebull s'64,

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

Actually the word “God” (Gad – pronounced gawd) means 'fortune, good fortune' and is translated in the KJV as 'that troop' and in no way means “Mighty One' in relation to Father Yahweh. You will see this more properly translated in the World English Bible:

“But you who forsake Yahweh, who forget My [set apart] mountain, who prepare a table for Fortune, and who fill up mixed wine to Destiny; I will destine you to the sword, and you shall all bow down to the slaughter; because when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not hear; but you did that which was evil in my eyes, and chose that in which I didn't delight.”

According to Encyclopaedia Britannica, G-D is the common Teutonic word for a personal object of religious worship, applied to all the superhuman beings of the heathen mythologies. The word “g-d” on the conversion of the Teutonic races to Christianity was adopted as the name of the One Supreme Being. Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics and Webster's Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged agree that the origin is Teutonic paganism.

11. You are those who forsake YAHWEH (the Biblical Hebrew Creator) who forget My special mountain, who prepare a table for Gawd (G-d the Canaanite idol *El), and who furnish a drink offering for MENI (G-d’s wife),

12. Therefore, I will count you for the sword and you will all bow down for the slaughter because when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not hear, but you did evil in My sight, and chose that which displeases Me.

“The word baʿl, common Semitic for “owner, master, husband,” became the usual designation of the great weather-god of the Western Semites.”
    SOURCE

When that time comes,” says Yahweh, “you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master.' I will remove the names of the **Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked (Hoseyah 2:16-17).

Word Origin & History

Baal
    “The name of many deities of the Semitic peoples” [Klein], late 14c., Biblical use is from Heb. Ba'al, lit. “owner, master, LORD,” from ba'al “he took possession of,” also “he married;” related to Akkad. Belu (source of Heb. Bel), name of Marduk. Also related to the first element in
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for
    any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

1. any of numerous local deities among the ancient Semitic peoples, typifying the productive forces of nature and worshiped with much sensuality. …

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

LORD. (1.) The name appropriated to the principal male god of the Phoenicians. It is found in several places in the plural BAALIM (Judg. 2:11; 10:10; 1 Kings 18:18; Jer. 2:23; Hos. 2:17). Baal is identified with Molech (Jer. 19:5). It was known to the Israelites as Baal-peor (Num. 25:3; Deut. 4:3), was worshipped till the time of Samuel (1 Sam 7:4), and was afterwards the religion of the ten tribes in the time of Ahab (1 Kings 16:31-33; 18:19, 22). It prevailed also for a time in the kingdom of Judah (2 Kings 8:27; comp. 11:18; 16:3; 2 Chr. 28:2), till finally put an end to by the severe discipline of the Captivity (Zeph. 1:4-6). The priests of Baal were in great numbers (1 Kings 18:19), and of various classes (2 Kings 10:19). Their mode of offering sacrifices is described in 1 Kings 18:25-29. The sun-god, under the general title of Baal, or “lord,” was the chief object of worship of the Canaanites. Each locality had its special Baal, and the various local Baals were summed up under the name of Baalim, or “lords.” Each Baal had a wife, who was a colourless reflection of himself. (2.) A Benjamite, son of Jehiel, the progenitor of the Gibeonites (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36). (3.) The name of a place inhabited by the Simeonites, the same probably as Baal-ath-beer (1 Chr. 4:33; Josh. 19:8). – Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary [Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.]
    SOURCE

You will note that in most translations that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name “YaHWeH” (or YeHoWaH) was SUBSTITUTED with the INFERIOR names/titles “the LORD” and “GOD” designated with all capital letters. This practice was in following with the Jewish scribes (copyist) in SUBSTITUTING His Name with the INFERIOR pagan/names/titles Adon (or plural 'Adonai) and El, Eloah {cf. Allah} (or plural 'Elohim').

The Jews developed a belief of their ***”own understanding” that is not taught in Scripture that they should not use the Name Yahweh that is contrary to what is taught in Scripture that we are to set apart (“hallow {make holy}, sanctify”), revere (“fear”), remember, think upon, wait upon, walk in, trust in, love, seek, declare (proclaim), bless, publish, call upon, sing unto, praise, esteem (“glorify”), make known (“manifest”), and know His Name.
    SOURCE

***NOTE:

Trust in Yahweh with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways ACKNOWLEDGE HIM, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6).

How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies, even the prophets of the deceit of their own heart? That think to cause My people to forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Baal (God & Lord) – SSBE Jeremiah 23:26-27.

Till when shall it be in the heart of the prophets? – the prophets of falsehood and prophets of the deceit of their own heart, who try to make My people forget My Name (Yahweh) by their dreams which everyone relates to his neighbour, as their fathers forgot My Name (Yahweh) for Ba'al (God & Lord) – SISR Yirmeyahu 23:26-27.

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

There is also a clear warning given to us in Scripture that we are not to add unto or take away from Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word, and this is exactly what has been done especially concerning His Name purely for the “traditions of men” sake. Note that Father Yahweh's Name is recorded in Hebrew Scripture close 7,000 times and has been SUBSTITUTED close to this many times. And to top this off, the translator's of the so-called “New Testament” did not even bother to carry His Name over in their translating, but instead followed in the tradition of the Jews in not publishing His Name in their translating. What does Scripture say concerning the erroneous practice?:

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; worship Yahweh in the splendor of His being set apart (Psalm 29:2.

ASCRIBE to Yahweh the esteem due His Name; bring an offering and come into His courts (Psalm 96:8 cf. 1 Chronicles 16:29 .

It is quite obvious to me that the scribes (copyist) and in turn the translators did not follow in Father Yahweh's clear instruction (torah, law, commandment, statute, charge, teaching). In turn it is up to us to restore His Name Yahweh to it's proper stead in the Scripture (Yahweh's prophetic inspired word) that it was removed from to the best of our knowledge. You will also note the clear teaching that there will be a RESTORATION of His Name to a “PURE LANGUAGE” by Father Yahweh Himself in the end time of His return to planet Earth when He will set up His Kingdom and do away with the unrighteous kingdoms and governments “of this world”.

For then will I restore to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the Name Yahweh, to serve Him with one accord (Zephanyah 3:9.

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

I forgot to give another Scriptural reference to the following note in my previous post:

***NOTE:

Therefore My people will KNOW My Name; therefore at that time they will KNOW that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I” (Isayah 52:6).

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 17 2012,01:13)
    limjunus,

ill repeat

answer my question boy

Jammin recycling machine.

Even though you have a bad attitude by not answering my direct questions on you. I will spend some of my precious time so that you can get the true knowledge in accordance with the will of God, if He is willing?

I have also a reciprocating machine. As what I have post previously.

In some instances, we should not take the words literally. I will repeat, in some instances.

The words to be example are: “everything, no other than and only one”.

With relation to 1 Cor. 8:6 NLT. Quote:

“But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for him.

And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.”

Because the other people in this world and the other christian with a different perspectives concerning with their so called many gods and many lords either here on earth or in heaven.

Apostle Paul, specifically, categorically and explicitly described his messages by placing the words “FOR US” (only to the chosen people of God)?

Exclusively for them (true believers of Christ), they must recognize only one true God, the Father,

… and also emphasizing that the Father is the creator of everything (understanding it literally), including the Lord and Savior title of Jesus Christ.

A very clear concrete proof to be used to prove that Jesus, is not the one truly God, because if Jesus is the one and only truly God, who is the one who made him Lord and Savior? (Acts. 2:36 NLT)

Apostle Paul, hath introduced that the Father is the one and only true God, to be known only exclusively among the chosen people of God, because of the teaching of Jesus, “…That they may know you (Father) the only true God…” (John 17:1-3 and John 20:17 NLT)

Jesus, did not pronounced this words, “..that they may know us, the only true God.” and

Apostle Paul, did not instructed the 1st century christian like this, “For us, there is only one God, the Father and the Son”.

and also apostle Paul, did not instructed the true believers like this, “there is only one Lord God, Jesus Christ. Because he will contracted his previous statement that the Father alone is the one and only true God.

The words “only one Lord, Jesus Christ, could not be taken literally that there is no other Lord, except him. Because, the one and only true God, is Lord since from no point of beginning.

So, why apostle Paul, hath emphasized and categorically announcing that Jesus Christ is the only one Lord?

We can read the answer with the verse 5 of 1 Cor. NLT,

“There may be so-called gods both in heaven and on earth, and some people actually worship many gods and many lords.”

To make it clearly to the chosen people of God, that Jesus Christ was the only man among the humankind made by God, as the only Lord.

Jesus Christ was given the full authority in heaven and on earth. Another passages from the Bible to prove that Jesus Christ is not the only true God, but a servant, recipient/ receiver the matters from God.

“Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.” (Matthew 28:18 NLT)

“For you have given him (Jesus) authority over everyone. (John 17:2 NLT).

Jesus Christ as the only one head of the church and it is equivalent to as only one Lord of the church, because the head is symbolizing as the Lord of the whole body.

The body, the church established by Jesus Christ, could not be having two heads, just only one Lord (Commander/Master). (Col. 1:18 / Eph. 5:23-27 NLT).

That's it…. the secret knowledge of God, only to the few people in this world, in other words, “only for the true chosen people of God. (1 Cor. 8:7 NLT)

Are you a believer Jammin? make it sure that you believing what Jesus and apostles doctrines?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 17 2012,01:16)
    limjunus said:Who told you that Jesus Christ is God

John 20:28

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

28 Thomas responded to Jesus, “My Lord and my God!”

i believe what thomas said to jesus.

he is God and Lord.

——-

Jammin,

Did Thomas hath proclaimed that Jesus Christ, is the one and only true God? Yes or NO?

The reaction/respond of Thomas to the justification of Jesus Christ that he was raised by God from the dead, should be concluded that Thomas is proclaiming that the one and only true God, is Jesus Christ. You are absolutely wrong Jammin.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? Yes or No?

Who is the one and only true God hath introduced by Jesus Christ and the apostles, the Father or the Son? (John 17:1-3 / 1 Cor. 8:6 NLT).

So, it's up to you to believe which is the rightful conclusion, Yours or the conclusion of the great teachers of God?

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 17 2012,01:43)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 16 2012,09:07)

Quote (jammin @ Sep. 15 2012,08:35)

limjunis,

Mike,

jammin has a good point here, limjunis.

We must learn to understand “emphatical statements”.  If we take “only Lord, Jesus Christ” LITERALLY, then it means Jehovah is NOT our Lord.

If we take “only true God” LITERALLY, then it means that Jesus, and the other servants of Jehovah who have been called “god” in the scriptures, are “false gods”.

Read my last post about President Obama, limjunis.  Does calling Obama “the only true President” make the President of Mexico a “false President”?  Or is it a way of placing Obama ABOVE the other Presidents in the world?  Which one?

mike

is not God ,the GOD OF GODS AND LORD OF LORDS ???

I had already post my commentaries about it, Mike.

limjunus
    Participant

Frank,

mikebull s'64,

mikebull s'64,

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

SOURCE

Word Origin & History

Baal
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for
    any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

1. any of numerous local deities among the ancient Semitic peoples, typifying the productive forces of nature and worshiped with much sensuality. …

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

SOURCE

SOURCE

***NOTE:

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Now, were talking the importance of the name of God.

In relation to the name with regards with our salvation. There is no salvation in any other name in this world has been given to men. except with the name of Jesus Christ. (Acts. 4:1-12 NLT)

limjunus
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 17 2012,08:21)

Frank,

mikebull s'64,

mikebull s'64,

Also see:

BAAL God
    LORD God (The)

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

SOURCE

Word Origin & History

Baal
    “The name of many deities of the Semitic peoples” [Klein], late 14c., Biblical use is from Heb. Ba'a
    l, lit. “owner, master, LORD,” from ba'al “he took possession of,” also “he married;” related to Akkad. Belu (source of Heb. Bel), name of Marduk. Also related to the first element in
    Beelzebub. Used figuratively for any “false god.” – Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper  (Emphasis of bold capitalization mine.)

Bible Dictionary:

Baal definition

SOURCE

SOURCE

***NOTE:

Also see:

BAAL Gad
    LORD God (The)

Also see:

THE NAME YAHWEH

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

limjunus,

I forgot to give another Scriptural reference to the following note in my previous post:

***NOTE:

Therefore My people will KNOW My Name; therefore at that time they will KNOW that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I” (Isayah 52:6).

Frank,

I have acknowledge Him, I am trusting Him, I am believing with the Father of Jesus Christ, in heaven, the one and only true God

Jesus Christ name is the name of God, given to him.

Note: John 17:11 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

“I won’t be in the world much longer, but they are in the world, and I’m coming back to you. Hol
    y Father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name that you gave me, so that their unity may be like ours.”

Viewing 20 posts - 10,281 through 10,300 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account