JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 7,121 through 7,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    jammin
    Participant

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 1:14-18

14 Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας· 15 (Ἰωάννης μαρτυρεῖ περὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ κέκραγεν λέγων· Οὗτος ἦν ὃν εἶπον· Ὁ ὀπίσω μου ἐρχόμενος ἔμπροσθέν μου γέγονεν, ὅτι πρῶτός μου ἦν·) 16 ὅτι ἐκ τοῦ πληρώματος αὐτοῦ ἡμεῖς πάντες ἐλάβομεν, καὶ χάριν ἀντὶ χάριτος· 17 ὅτι ὁ νόμος διὰ Μωϋσέως ἐδόθη, ἡ χάρις καὶ ἡ ἀλήθεια διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ ἐγένετο. 18 θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε· μονογενὴς θεὸς ὁ ὢν εἰς τὸν κόλπον τοῦ πατρὸς ἐκεῖνος ἐξηγήσατο.

the word (ho logos) is the begotten son of GOD
    the son is also GOD by nature.verse 18 says monogenes theos or God the only son

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 12 2012,00:25)

Hi Jammin,

John 1:1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος
                                                                                            And God was “The Word”.  

Your Greek is a little rusty; you need to study Greek a bit more!
    Jesus is the “Son of God”, he said so himself! (John 9:35-37)

“και ευρων αυτον ειπεν αυτω συ πιστευεις εις τον υιον του θεου                                   and (Jesus) said unto him, do you believe in the Son of God?            
    απεκριθη εκεινος και ειπεν τις εστιν κυριε ινα πιστευσω εις αυτον ειπεν
    δε αυτω ο ιησους και εωρακας αυτον και ο λαλων μετα σου εκεινος εστιν”                and (you) behold him, and he that speaks with you is he.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

jammin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 12 2012,01:25)

Hi Jammin,

John 1:1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος
                                                                                            And God was “The Word”.  

Your Greek is a little rusty; you need to study Greek a bit more!
    Jesus is the “Son of God”, he said so himself! (John 9:35-37)

“και ευρων αυτον ειπεν αυτω συ πιστευεις εις τον υιον του θεου                                   and (Jesus) said unto him, do you believe in the Son of God?            
    απεκριθη εκεινος και ειπεν τις εστιν κυριε ινα πιστευσω εις αυτον ειπεν
    δε αυτω ο ιησους και εωρακας αυτον και ο λαλων μετα σου εκεινος εστιν”                and (you) behold him, and he that speaks with you is he.

God bless

LOL

truly GOD was the word.
    and that GOD is the son of GOD.

God the only son! monogenes theos!

study greek boy! LOL :D :D

jammin
    Participant

14 Καὶ ὁ λόγος σὰρξ ἐγένετο καὶ ἐσκήνωσεν ἐν ἡμῖν, καὶ ἐθεασάμεθα τὴν δόξαν αὐτοῦ, δόξαν ὡς μονογενοῦς παρὰ πατρός, πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας· 15 (Ἰωάννης μαρτυρεῖ περὶ αὐτοῦ καὶ κέκραγεν λέγων· Οὗτος ἦν ὃν εἶπον· Ὁ ὀπίσω μου ἐρχόμενος ἔμπροσθέν μου γέγονεν, ὅτι πρῶτός μου ἦν·) 16 ὅτι ἐκ τοῦ πληρώματος αὐτοῦ ἡμεῖς πάντες ἐλάβομεν, καὶ χάριν ἀντὶ χάριτος· 17 ὅτι ὁ νόμος διὰ Μωϋσέως ἐδόθη, ἡ χάρις καὶ ἡ ἀλήθεια διὰ Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ ἐγένετο. 18 θεὸν οὐδεὶς ἑώρακεν πώποτε· μονογενὴς θεὸς ὁ ὢν εἰς τὸν κόλπον τοῦ πατρὸς ἐκεῖνος ἐξηγήσατο.

read again this greek bible boy. and i think you need to go to school to study greek boy LOL :D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 12 2012,01:46)
    GOD is the son of GOD.

LOL :D  :D

Hi Jammin,

That's a new one.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (jammin @ May 12 2012,01:47)

read again this greek bible boy. and i think you need to go to school to study greek boy LOL :D

Hi Jammin,

“God was in Christ,
    reconciling the world
    unto himself” (2 Cor 5:19)

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 11 2012,13:28)
    Hi Kerwin,

Why are you defending corruption?
    The word “NO” is in there, just not in
    the corruption presented in the N.I.V.!

al: not (a subjective neg.)
    Original Word: אַל
    Part of Speech: adverb of negation
    Transliteration: al
    Phonetic Spelling: (al)
    Short Definition: no

God bless

Ed J,

I am seeking to correct your understanding that belief is in the pages of Scripture.  You stumble because you search for it there when instead you should seek in your mouth and in your heart.  It is obvious you do not when you seek to squabble about those things that are of no import.  That is why Jesus stated:

John 5
    King James Version (KJV)

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2012,14:19)
    Hi,
    Some Bibles are different because of choice of manuscripts honestly translated.
    But in the case of the NIV and others there is not attempt at faithfulness to the manuscripts.

Nick;

The NIV attempt a combination of word for word and thought for thought while the KJV rejected earlier manuscripts and avoided a word for word translation as well as being biased in support of the monarchy while appealing to the common people.

I doubt any translator was carried along by the Spirit of God as the various teachings they are credited with following are heresy.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 11 2012,13:32)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2012,18:23)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2012,12:02)
    Hi KW,
    There are depths of meaning in every verse of scripture that are destroyed by careless translation.
    How many times have you looked at a verse for years and suddenly another deeper understanding becomes clear?

Nick;

There are as you state, depths of meaning in every verse of scripture.  Many are lost in translation but God is a living God and leads us true despite the ignorance and corruption of translators.

Hi Kerwin,

Is the corruption in the N.I.V. done out of ignorance or corruption of translators?

God bless

Ed;

Is the corruption in the A.K.J.V. done out of ignorance or corruption of translators?

Is it of any real import to those who believe in the living God; who speaks in many ways?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,05:17)

Hi Kerwin,

God bless

Ed J,

I am seeking to correct your understanding that belief is in the pages of Scripture.  You stumble because you search for it there when instead you should seek in your mouth and in your heart.  It is obvious you do not when you seek to squabble about those things that are of no import.  That is why Jesus stated:

John 5
    King James Version (KJV)

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Hi Kerwin,

It's nice to see you quote scripture.

Sorry if my pointing out the corruption in
    the N.I.V. disturbs you, as it's not meant to.

How does one go about seeking in their mouth?
    ___
    God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,05:26)

Hi,
    But in the case of the NIV and others there is not attempt at faithfulness to the manuscripts.

Nick;

The NIV attempt a combination of word for word and thought for thought while the KJV rejected earlier manuscripts and avoided a word for word translation as well as being biased in support of the monarchy while appealing to the common people.

I doubt any translator was carried along by the Spirit of God as the various teachings they are credited with following are heresy.

Hi Kerwin, (this post is an example of point number 1)

Three big logic fallacies that I see presented here:

1. Opinions: opinions are presented as evidence.
    2. Scenarios: scenarios are presented as proof.
    3. Consensus: consensus is seen as conformation.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,05:31)

Quote (Ed J @ May 11 2012,13:32)

Quote (kerwin @ May 11 2012,18:23)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2012,12:02)
    Hi KW,
    There are depths of meaning in every verse of scripture that are destroyed by careless translation.
    How many times have you looked at a verse for years and suddenly another deeper understanding becomes clear?

Nick;

There are as you state, depths of meaning in every verse of scripture.  Many are lost in translation but God is a living God and leads us true despite the ignorance and corruption of translators.

Hi Kerwin,

Is the corruption in the N.I.V. done out of ignorance or corruption of translators?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed;

(1) Is the corruption in the A.K.J.V. done out of ignorance or corruption of translators?

(2) Is it of any real import to those who believe in the living God; who speaks in many ways?

Hi Kerwin,

1) What corruption?
    2) What are you saying?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 12 2012,00:32)

Hi Kerwin,

God bless

Ed J,

John 5
    King James Version (KJV)

Hi Kerwin,

___
    God bless

Ed J;

I am not disturbed by the non-corruption in the passage you speak of.  I am saddened by your lack of knowledge that belief is in your heart and in your mouth.

I freely acknowledge both the translators of the KJV and the NIV are said to be heretics and thus did not have the Spirit.

Acts 12:4
    King James Version (KJV)

4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Easter did not exist at that time; but was invented later as an act of antisemitism.

Acts 12:4
    New International Version (NIV)

4 After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.  

Passover is the correct holiday.

This disagreement over holidays is of no real import.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ May 12 2012,00:36)

Hi,

Nick;

God bless

Ed J.

Do you believe the teachings of the Anglicans? I do not and so am convinced they are heretics.  Do heretics speak as they are carried along by the Spirit of God?  It is like asking if false prophets speak while carried along by the Spirit of God.  I am confident they fall short of the glory of God and so mix the good with the bad.

Does the guilt of the Anglican translators of the AKJV mean the equally heretical translators of NIV are innocent; of course not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The known faults in the KJV justify the use of the obviously corrupted NIV?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 12 2012,01:36)
    Hi KW,

Nick,

They both fall short of God's glory. We are told to test the Spirit. How do we come to know the truth with such imperfect tools?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You accept the NIV as a good translation or a humanised version-made for the palates of men?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,05:48)

Quote (Ed J @ May 12 2012,00:32)

Hi Kerwin,

God bless

Ed J,

John 5
    King James Version (KJV)

Hi Kerwin,

___
    God bless

Ed J;

I am not disturbed by the non-corruption in the passage you speak of.  (1) I am saddened by your lack of knowledge that belief is in your heart and in your mouth.

(2) I freely acknowledge both the translators of the KJV and the NIV are said to be heretics and thus did not have the Spirit.

(3) Acts 12:4
    King James Version (KJV)

4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Easter did not exist at that time; but was invented later as an act of antisemitism.

(4) Acts 12:4
    New International Version (NIV)

4 After arresting him, he put him in prison, handing him over to be guarded by four squads of four soldiers each. Herod intended to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.  

Passover is the correct holiday.

This disagreement over holidays is of no real import.

Hi Kerwin, (you show no evidence of corruption so far!)

1) Spin
    2) By who?
    3) The worship of 'Ishtar' most certainly did!
    4) Do you really 'think' Herod was celebrating the Jewish Passover?     …try again.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,06:02)

Quote (Ed J @ May 12 2012,00:36)

Hi,

Nick;

God bless

Ed J.

(1)Do you believe the teachings of the Anglicans? I do not and so am convinced they are heretics. (2)Do heretics speak as they are carried along by the Spirit of God?  It is like asking if false prophets speak while carried along by the Spirit of God.  I am confident they fall short of the glory of God and so mix the good with the bad.

(3)Does the guilt of the Anglican translators of the AKJV mean the equally heretical translators of NIV are innocent; of course not.

Hi Kerwin,

1) I don't know, what are they?
    2) Have you defined what you are calling a heretic yet?
    3) What?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 12 2012,07:10)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 12 2012,01:36)
    Hi KW,

Nick,

They both fall short of God's glory.  We are told to test the Spirit.  How do we come to know the truth with such imperfect tools?

Hi Kerwin,

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them
    (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue
    (that is English) will he speak to this people.

1Cor.14:27 (AKJV) If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two(Hebrew, Aramaic),
    or at the most by three
    (Greek), and that by course; [and let one (“AKJV Bible”) translate].

The “AKJV Bible” we have today was no accident, it's exactly the way GOD wanted it!

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 7,121 through 7,140 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account