JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (abe @ Mar. 05 2012,15:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2012,14:55)

Quote (abe @ Mar. 05 2012,14:27)

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 05 2012,10:23)

Quote (abe @ Mar. 05 2012,09:57)
    Heb. 6:18     so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.

One thing God cannot do,  LIE.

Hi Abe,

Do you know what the other thing God cannot do is?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

What is the other one?????????

Thanks.

Hi Abe, thanks for asking! (Luke 11:9)

2 Tim 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

Amen brother.

Peace.

Hi Abe,

It makes a good trivia question. :)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    In context 2 Tim 2.13 is about the Lord Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    holycitybiblecode.org

abe
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,06:43)
    Hi ED,
    In context 2 Tim 2.13 is about the Lord Jesus Christ

Hi Nick and Ed.

Heb.6:17 In this manner God, when he purposed to demonstrate more abundantly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeableness of his counsel, stepped in with an oath, :18 in order that, through two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to the refuge may have strong encouragement to lay hold on the hope set before us.

Sorry….misread 2 Tim.2:13.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    True.

Ed J
    Participant

Abe and Nick,

Heb 6:13-20 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
    14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. 15 And so, after he had patiently endured,
    he obtained the promise. 16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
    17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
    18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge
    to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
    19 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into
    that within the veil; 20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus,
    made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

God bless
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

HI,
    God blesses men with a share in His Spirit.

Prophets and kings have enjoyed this blessing throughout the history of Israel.

They related to God and God worked through them in various ways.

Why would He not relate to the Word as a prior outpouring in the beginning?

abe
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,08:11)

Hi Nick,

What does this saying mean?

Peace.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word was God

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,15:11)
    HI,

Prophets and kings have enjoyed this blessing throughout the history of Israel.

They related to God and God worked through them in various ways.

N

HI,

what kind of spirit are you talking about ??????????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The Spirit of God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,19:23)
    Hi T,
    The Spirit of God.

N

witch one God as many spirits

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The Spirit is one.

abe
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,12:49)
    Hi T,
    The Spirit is one.

Hi Nick,

Phil. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, (Christ Jesus) he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
    :9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and given him the name above every name,
    :10 that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of those in heaven, and those on the earth, and those under the earth,
    :11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Is this name Lord, the Spirit of God?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,19:49)
    Hi T,
    The Spirit is one.

N

so is the trinity three gods in one

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    I do not know any trinity god.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Abe,
    The Spirit of Christ is in the Spirit of God in God.

abe
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 06 2012,13:43)
    Hi Abe,
    The Spirit of Christ is in the Spirit of God in God.

Hi Nick,

Are they all one?

Peace.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    ONE Spirit

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 04 2012,17:40)
    Kathi,

Polytheism is a belief in several gods with different natures and different purposes. Like those who would worship the sun god as well as worship the moon god…two different natures and purposes.

I have not read that definition in the dictionary.  Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary reads “belief in or worship of more than one god.”

What I understand is two persons together with their Holy Spirit that have a common nature (true deity nature) and act as one…interdependently for a common purpose. What one says…the other says, what one does…the other does. The Father gives the directives, the Son carries them out. There is no shifting of shadow between them…they act in complete harmonious unity.

If you drop the “true deity nature” and replace it “godly nature” I agree.

The Son always images the Father, not because He is less than God but because He is the perfect Son working in complete agreement with His perfect Father.

Jesus calls Yawheh his God which means he is subject to him.

If God the only Son was limited by another power against His will, then He did not control becoming a servant but God the only Son was in complete agreement with the Father to limit Himself for a time.

God has no limits.  Anyone with limits is not God.

Gal 1:1 certainly speaks about Jesus not being a man.

Jesus does not speak his own words so the teaching Paul heard did not come from Jesus though it came by Jesus.

Paul knows that Jesus is the one who created all things in heaven and on earth. Man is the creature, not the creator.  God did not use a man to create man, Kerwin.

Romans 5:19
    New International Version (NIV)
    19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

The new creation has been being accomplished through, by, and for one man.

What you think is trinitarianism is not trinitarianism. The three persons are one in DEITY NATURE and have been and always will be eternally inseparable in their relationship, yet distinct in relationship as one Father, one Son and one Holy Spirit.

That is my paraphrase as I understand it. I have studied this a lot and what I wrote is basically the sense of it. A multiple personality disorder would be one person who was both a father and that father's son.

I believe you will find that you and Jammin have two different Christologies.

Hi Kerwin,
    Thanks for your response…I know it takes time :)
    you said:

I have not read that definition in the dictionary. Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary reads “belief in or worship of more than one god.”

I suggest that you learn about the other gods that were being believed upon during the time that God was mentioning the other gods. Did you know there was a moon god and a sun god that was worshiped? Do you think that the moon god and the sun god were in complete harmonious agreement and acted as one power and one wisdom? Now if the Sun really was the true God then you would understand that its rays and heat were also included in that one true God-the Sun. The ball of gas, the rays of light, the heat are inseparable from that one true Sun…right? If the Sun did not give off rays of light and the heat, then the Sun would not be fully effective as when it does give off rays of light and the heat. Do you see this, Kerwin?

If you can see that the ball of gas apart from the rays of light and the heat would not be the sun in its fullness, then why can't you see that the Father without the Son and the Spirit would not be God in His fullness? I am not saying that He would not be God but not God in His fullness. Do you see how the ball of gas, the rays of light, and the heat are interdependent of each other? That is how I believe that the Father, Son and Spirit are…interdependent of each other.

The ball of gas is not the rays of light and the ball of gas nor the rays of light are not the heat that comes from them.

I think this is a good analogy to show how God in His fullness is. If you look at a distant star, you realize that it is a ball of gas far, far away. You do not get the benefit of its rays of light nor the benefit of its warmth…this is how those are who believe in a creator but do not receive the rays and the warmth that exist bizillions of miles away…they walk in darkness, the concept of God is distant and knowing Him is out of reach.

Those who know God as He wishes to be known have the ball of gas, the rays of light, and the warmth all at the same time. That is three in one in a sense. Do you see this, Kerwin? It is like, the Father is the ball of gas, the Son is the rays of light, and the Spirit is the warmth that fills you.

All that to say, the three are always existing in the fullness of God, the Father.

The incarnation is like the big ball of gas, the Father, sends His Son, the light rays, in the form of a human scientist for a period of time to live with man and teach mankind about the Sun so that man can be enlightened about that big ball of gas and the rays and then fills the man with the benefits of its warmth when the rays go back to be the powerful rays that he was before.

Well, that's not a perfect analogy; the scientist doesn't get killed, ha, but maybe it can help explain how three are interdependent as one thing and have different 'roles.'

Jesus calls Yawheh his God which means he is subject to him

The rays of Light depend on the big ball of Gas but the big ball of Gas depends on the rays of Light to reach man for it/Him.

God has no limits. Anyone with limits is not God.

Really? Can God the Father be the Son? If not, there is a limit right there. I believe that the Son was the begotten God and limited Himself. For you to say that is impossible, well, that is only your opinion. I have proven to you that God does have limits…the Father cannot be His own Son.

Jesus does not speak his own words so the teaching Paul heard did not come from Jesus though it came by Jesus.

I think that you take that concept of the Son not speaking His own words too legalistically. The Son says “I thirst” for example. Is the Father telling the Son to say that “I thirst.” I think the main point is that the Son and the Father agree on what is said and done through the Son. Jesus said things to convince the people that He came from the Father and that the Father sent Him…the same Father that they worship. If He could show them that, then they could trust Him completely.

Romans 5:19
    New International Version (NIV)
    19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

The new creation has been being accomplished through, by, and for one man.

No one is saying that the Son of God did not become the Son of man and thus was man also as well as the begotten God.

I believe you will find that you and Jammin have two different Christologies.

I believe that we both believe that the Son is fully God by nature and that He is not the Father. We see things differently but the main thing is the same.

I hope this is written clear enough. Take care and get your rest :)
    Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 4,761 through 4,780 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account