JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 01 2007,18:31)
    Hi Oxy,
    That is one approach when what you teach is your own doctrines.
    Another is to check them against what is revealed.
    Then you may learn to abide.
    Our lord told us to.

Pity you don't take your own advice Nick.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Do you see any truth in these verses Nick?

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:  

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.        ???

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ April 30 2007,21:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 30 2007,14:18)
    Hi CB,
    So you say there are three persons in God and one of them is The Father.
    Then you say all have the office of Father but are unable to show three.
    So the Father is just a a meaningless office to you and God is not a father?
    Actually God is the father of Jesus by His own Spirit.

Nick, here is a Scripture that might help you.

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

If the Holy Spirit and the Father were one and the same, would the Father send Himself?  And would the Father travel under His alter ego, ie the Holy Spirit?

And if the Holy Spirit is not an identity in His own right, why did Jesus say whom instead of it?

I have quoted the following Scripture also in the past, but you seem to prefer to put your own interpretation on it.

Joh 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth. For He shall not speak of Himself, but whatever He hears, He shall speak. And He will announce to you things to come.

The Holy Spirit is called He six times in this one verse and these are the words of Jesus.

He is the Spirit of Truth
    He will come
    He will guide
    He will speak
    He will hear
    He will announce

What more do you need?

So if Jesus has a divine Spirit and a Human Spirit.When he died where did the Human Spirit Go? Where did the Holy Spirit Go? And where was the Father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ May 02 2007,00:44)
    Do you see any truth in these verses Nick?

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:  

Joh 9:41  Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.        ???

Hi CB,
    The measure you apply to others will apply to you
    but you teach what is not written.
    What gives?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Unisage @ May 02 2007,07:17)
    So if Jesus has a divine Spirit and a Human Spirit.When he died where did the Human Spirit Go? Where did the Holy Spirit Go? And where was the Father?

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit as we are when we receive the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit always is and therefore obviously does not die.  I would imagine that He would remain with the risen Lord?

As for His human spirit, where does anyone's human sprit go when they die?  But Jesus lives again so I imagine they have been reunited?

The Father remains where the Father is and always was.

Was there a point to this question?

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ May 02 2007,07:24)

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit as we are when we receive the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit always is and therefore obviously does not die.  I would imagine that He would remain with the risen Lord?

As for His human spirit, where does anyone's human sprit go when they die?  But Jesus lives again so I imagine they have been reunited?

The point is simple what you say dont line up with rest of Scriptures.

Show me a Verse when Jesus died his Human Spirit join with the Divine Spirit.

Who was in the depth of the Earth? Where was the Father? What happen to the Holy Spirit. And I cant find a verse where a human and a Divine Spirit join togeather.So what happen to the Human Spirit that Jesus has?

Unisage
    Participant

Oxy

Who is really the Holy Spirit? Do you think that the Holy Spirit is a Person?

Then who is Jesus Christ? Is he the same as the Holy Spirit?

Are you saying that the Father is really the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ?

But what happen to the Human Spirit of Jesus?

Does this sound confusion to you? It would make me confused to if I was in the trinity.

Hello

Since the “Logos” is Spirit!

Question for the Arian followers, (those who do not have a Trinitarian view).

How do you reconcile the folowing scriptures from an Arian view?

Rom 8:
    9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1 Cor 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Cor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to *drink into one Spirit*.

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access *by one Spirit* unto the Father.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and *ONE Spirit*, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord(Kurios) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord(Kurios) is, there is liberty.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus (Yeshua)Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jn 14:16
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jn 16:7
    Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

As you can see these scriptures state there is the Spirit of God, Spirit of Christ, the Spirit, Spirit of Him, His Spirit, Comforter all gloriously united together as One Spirit, which Paul calls the Spirit of God.

When someone accepts Jesus into their heart does the Spirit of Christ or God or the Comforter come to live in them?

How many Spirits do they recieve?

Blessings!  :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Ther Spirit of God in Himself, in Christ and in us, unites us in that ONE SPIRIT

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2007,08:33)
    Hi W,
    Ther Spirit of God in Himself, in Christ and in us, unites us in that ONE SPIRIT

NH

“The Spirit of God in himself.”

Where is this written?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God is a spirit being. Do you do agree God has a Spirit? He speaks of it often.

Jl 2
    ” 28 “And afterward,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
    Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
    29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

So God is speaking here of HIS Spirit which He POURS OUT-From where?

Did you think God's own spirit was a separate entity from God Himself ? What a bizarre thought. we are told about God and His Spirit and how they relate in a similar way to us in 1 cor 2

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

James 2 says about life and spirit relate with us.
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So if you think God does not have a spirit then how are we made in His image?

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Unisage @ May 02 2007,07:33)

Who was in the depth of the Earth? Where was the Father? What happen to the Holy Spirit. And I cant find a verse where a human and a Divine Spirit join togeather.So what happen to the Human Spirit that Jesus has?

Why don't you show me where I have EVER said that a human spirit has joined up with a divine spirit.

I think you have confused me with someone else, or you have confused something I've said.

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ May 02 2007,12:20)

Why don't you show me where I have EVER said that a human spirit has joined up with a divine spirit.

I think you have confused me with someone else, or you have confused something I've said.

This is what you quoted

As for His human spirit, where does anyone's human sprit go when they die? But Jesus lives again so I imagine they have been reunited?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2007,10:14)
    Hi W,

Jl 2
    ” 28 “And afterward,

Did you think God's own spirit was a separate entity from God Himself ? What a bizarre thought. we are told about God and His Spirit and how they relate in a similar way to us in 1 cor 2

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

NH

No I dont believe God is Spirit who has a Spirit.

Where is this written!

There is “One Spirit”!

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    When God pours of HIS Spirit does He pour another person??

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2007,12:43)
    Hi W,
    When God pours of HIS Spirit does He pour another person??

NH

When you drink of the “One Spirit” Who is it that lives in you?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The ONE Spirit of God enlivining His Son the Christ,
    and those in Christ's body on earth, making them ONE in HIM.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Unisage @ May 02 2007,12:32)

This is what you quoted

I said I imagine Jesus, having been resurrected from the dead, was reunited with his spirit. This was not stated as a fact, but rather as a thought, which you seem to have misinterpreted.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 02 2007,12:35)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 02 2007,10:14)
    Hi W,

Jl 2
    ” 28 “And afterward,

NH

No I dont believe God is Spirit who has a Spirit.

Where is this written!

There is “One Spirit”!

:O

Hi W,
    Is the ONE Spirit the Spirit of God?
    Is this the ONE SPIRIT that filled Christ?
    So does the ONE SPIRIT also include Christ?
    Is Christ the man filled also with himself as Spirit?
    Is this ONE Spirit a person in God?
    Is this person in God also the Spirit of God?
    Was Christ filled with three as one Spirit?
    That makes four.

Unisage
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ May 02 2007,20:34)

Quote (Unisage @ May 02 2007,12:32)

This is what you quoted

I said I imagine Jesus, having been resurrected from the dead, was reunited with his spirit.  This was not stated as a fact, but rather as a thought, which you seem to have misinterpreted.

If its not in the word of God.Then why would you even think it?Thats how alot of people get into trouble.That is misleading regardless.

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account