JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,561 through 3,580 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,16:36)
    Hi RM,
    Ex 9.20 -21, Num 3.16,  15.31,36.5, , Dt 5.5, Jos8.8, 1Sam3.7, ,21 ,9.27,15.10, 15.26………

Almighty God is in heaven.
    He manifests as His Spirit [Word] here.
    He is as His Word is in the hearts of the believers.[Rom10]
    And unless you have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.[Rom8]

So if YHVH is a spirit and only a spirit, how does he manifest?

I know i am a spirit/soul, yet my soul is manifested into a physical body, thus creating a human being?

Are you limiting God in a way in which he cannot attach his spirit to a human body via a virgin birth, in which the created human being would be heir to a spirit father but humbled unto flesh via his earthly mother, to grow, live and die like one us to make the statement that he no longer sees us as creation but as kin..so that if the righteous can be slain and condemned, the wicked can be saved and rewarded all to say that I LOVE YOU which means that he cares about us more than his own life as The Supreme Being of all things?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Fruit?

The Lord is the Spirit.
    That Spirit gave the written word through men[2Peter1]
    That living word is near you in your mouth and in your heart if you have tasted of the Spirit.[Rom10]

If we live by the Spirit let us also walk by the Spirit.[Gal5]

RokkaMan
    Participant

BTW.. The Above is called Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    We know he was anointed by the Spirit of God at the Jordan but are you promoting two anointings?

The Word is God in that the Spirit of Christ is the Word.

But why do you focus on idolising his human vessel based on the speculations of men?

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,16:42)
    Hi RM,
    Fruit?

The Lord is the Spirit.
    That Spirit gave the written word through men[2Peter1]
    That living word is near you in your mouth and in your heart if you have tasted of the Spirit.[Rom10]

If we live by the Spirit let us also walk by the Spirit.[Gal5]

Where are you getting this? I thought moses wrote the written word? The bible explicitely states The Word was present in the beginning before creation, was with God, and IS God?

Are you calling The Holy Bible, The Word of God?

because if you are, you're making a very big mistake.

seems like someone has slipped into creating their own perceptions that isn't scriptually supported ANYWHERE.

2Peter1 DOES NOT, i repeat, DOES NOT SAY…the spirit gave the written word through men.

Isn't it a sin to lie about scripture?

RokkaMan
    Participant

If anything 2peter 1 is professing Jesus Christ to whoever the audience was suppose to be.

The very end states

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

And it's speaking of the prophecy of Jesus' coming.

Has nothing to do with The bible being written or The Word of God BEING the bible.

With an interpretation like yours, I highly doubt you have the holy spirit with you…seems more like an ego, since you always think your right.

Now that I know everything you say is balony, and needs to be taken with a grain of salt….(and also why you rarely post scripture and instead make outrageous claims).

I ask you to refrain from posting on my threads. You're input is a waste of space.

I love you, but please stop.

Thanks.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Fruit?

Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    All scripture is inspired.
    2 peter 1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Why are you so intolerant?
    How can you learn?

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,16:54)
    Hi RM,
    Fruit?

Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
    All scripture is inspired.
    2 peter 1

Including the scripture you so diligently say is added by some scholar in the 1500 that we should not pay attention to?

amiright???

Yea, you sound very smart saying that a time like this…more and more people are starting to see your true face.

You are officially insane.
    t8 needs to do something about you.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,16:55)
    Hi RM,
    Why are you so intolerant?
    How can you learn?

Shouldn't you be asking that of yourself?

I provide scripture and logical analysis of it…

You provide scripture, but lie about what it says.

You completely miss the target, you don't address topics, you use foolish one liners to prove points no one can understand.

Why should I be tolerant to such nonesense….

Look you did it again, you steered us away from the topic of this post like you ALWAYS DO.

t8 HELPPPPPPPP!
    gag order please. or limit him to 1 post per thread.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 19 2010,16:25)
    This deserved it's own post….

Amen brothers and sisters.

The Word of God is INDEED God.

The only person who disagrees is Nick.

He says The Word of God is OF God…how foolish.

In the beginning was the word, the word was with god, and the word WAS god? lol

anyways here's my magic verse.
    ——————

1 kings 19:

9And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

10And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

14And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

15And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

ALL capital LORD is exclusive to YHWH alone in the bible.
    Jesus usually was Lord, but i understand it's not the same in all bibles. In the KJV however, we hold that as the authority.

If the WORD of GOD was attributed LORD. He is God.

If Jesus is The Word of God manifested as flesh, can we not say Jesus is God in the flesh?

was his name not to be called immanuel meaning “God with us (humanity)”?

These verse show this is not an Angel.
    These verse also are from the OT…
    so you cannot attribute them to Jesus, for he was not incarnate YET!!!!!

So aparently The Word of The Lord (only person you possibly can be talking about here is YHVH himself or pre-incarnate Jesus as part of the Godhead) is YHVH.

This OT scripture agrees with the new testament,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So if the OT and NT agree that the word of God is God…

I have two questions,

one for Nick…

How the heck do you believe it's OF god when it's explicitely shown in both the OT and NT that The Word is GOD himself.

and second question, how do any of you anti-trinitarians reconcile Jesus, NOT being God when we know he's THE WORD manifested as flesh?

Not saying i'm for trinitarianism either, but you better start believing Jesus is God is his death means nothing.

Good post Rokka,
    It's given me something to look into.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Let scripture speak and all flesh be silent.
    We add too much

Participant

Hi RM:

When you speak, it your word coming from you. If someone, obeys what you say, does that make that person you or do does he through obedience to your commandments reflect your character?

God spoke in the OT to many such as Adam, to Noah, to Enoch, to the Pharaoh through Moses, to Moses, to Israel through Moses, through the prophets to Israel, to Nebuchadnezzar, and lastly he has spoken to humanity through His Only Begotten Son. Does the fact that God has spoken (the Word of God) through these people make them God?

There is only “One God”, however, Jesus reflects God's perfectly reflects God's character as He relates to humanity. God not only spoke to humanity through Jesus (it was God speaking (the Word of God)), but Jesus is the only one who obeyed what God was speaking to humanity through him without sin, and so it is written that “he is the express image of his person”. He is God in this sense, and so he said: “He who has seen me has seen the Father”. We have seen the Father through the life that Jesus lived in obedience to the Word of God, and so the scripture also calls Jesus “the Word of God”.

Now the body of Jesus is God's own “flesh and blood”, but they are not the same person. They are two distinct individuals.

Jesus was sent by God, and God has said to us through the Apostle Peter that Jesus is “The Christ, the Son of the Living God”.

There is “One God, and one mediator between God and man, the man, Christ Jesus”. (1 Ti 2:5)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2010,16:45)
    Hi RM,
    We know he was anointed by the Spirit of God at the Jordan but are you promoting two anointings?

The Word is God in that the Spirit of Christ is the Word.

But why do you focus on idolising his human vessel based on the speculations of men?

When I prayed for Jesus to enter my heart, I did not pray for his human vessel to enter inside of me.

I prayed for his spirit…The spirit of God in that HE IS.

According to your logic, if the spirit of christ was The Word…then the spirit of christ is God.

His spirit is no more divorced from his body, than my spirit is divorced from mine.

But when I die, my body will perish and my spirit will live on in the kingdom.

His body indeed perished, and his spirit was crushed momentarily (being sent to abraham's bosom located in hell, to free the saints awaiting him)…then his spirit as The Word of God was ressurected.

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 19 2010,00:25)

——————

1 kings 19:

9And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

10And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

14And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

15And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

Jesus usually was Lord, but i understand it's not the same in all bibles. In the KJV however, we hold that as the authority.

If Jesus is The Word of God manifested as flesh, can we not say Jesus is God in the flesh?

So aparently The Word of The Lord (only person you possibly can be talking about here is YHVH himself or pre-incarnate Jesus as part of the Godhead) is YHVH.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I have two questions,

one for Nick…

How the heck do you believe it's OF god when it's explicitely shown in both the OT and NT that The Word is GOD himself.

and second question, how do any of you anti-trinitarians reconcile Jesus, NOT being God when we know he's THE WORD manifested as flesh?

Not saying i'm for trinitarianism either, but you better start believing Jesus is God is his death means nothing.

Yes, Good post! :)

WJ

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 19 2010,17:00)

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 19 2010,16:25)

——————

1 kings 19:

I have two questions,

one for Nick…

Good post Rokka,
    It's given me something to look into.

Blessings

God Bless you Is 1:18

We all have the same purpose in life, and that is to help eachother find our way back to God.

All glory goes to God.

Today has been a deep day for me, I was so ready to leave these boards alone but God put it in my spirit to continue.

He then revealed scripture to me to reassure me that Jesus indeed was HE in flesh.

OT and NT point to Jesus as being God.

His flesh was not God, but who HE WAS as a person was God experiencing human life.

That is why scripture says he was fully man yet fully god.

One thing God also wants me to reveal is the folly of trinitarianism.

It is wrong and invalid.

Yes there are three that bear witness now.

But God has manifested himself as different personas besides Jesus and The Holy Spirit….temporary ones.

If God wanted to manifest as 20 different people, he could…and it would destroy trinitarianism.

An example…

It would seem that God manifested as melkizedek in the OT…The High Priest in whom Abraham paid tithes to.

If you want to hear my position, PM me.

The important thing is understand this is NOT polytheism.

There is ONLY one God and one God alone.

Supreme Being of all things, manifesting himself into creation in various ways to bring us ALLLLLLL to him.

It's kind of like when Jesus appeared after his ressurection, before his ascension and appeared as a different person.

He didn't have the SAME body, but he was Jesus.

Same spirit manifesting in two different bodies…does that mean Jesus is a binarity? or God is a Quadinity?

No, God can manifest himself to us as many times as he wants in anyway, it's all about us and what we do.

He responds to us, this is how an unchanging God, changes…
    By responding to us who do change.

He loves us, but when we sin, he hates us.
    He blesses us, but when we sin he punishes us.

An unchangeing God, changing based on OUR stance towards him.

Jesus would have never manifested on earth, if we never fell from grace.

But God knowing we would fall, always was ready to take on the role of Jesus.

He had us in mind before we were even manifested into creation.

HE LOVES US

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 19 2010,17:03)
    Hi RM:

When you speak, it your word coming from you.  If someone, obeys what you say, does that make that person you or do does he through obedience to your commandments reflect your character?

God spoke in the OT to many such as Adam, to Noah, to Enoch, to the Pharaoh through Moses, to Moses, to Israel through Moses, through the prophets to Israel, to Nebuchadnezzar, and lastly he has spoken to humanity through His Only Begotten Son.  Does the fact that God has spoken (the Word of God) through these people make them God?

There is only “One God”, however, Jesus reflects God's perfectly reflects God's character as He relates to humanity.  God not only spoke to humanity through Jesus (it was God speaking (the Word of God)), but Jesus is the only one who obeyed what God was speaking to humanity through him without sin, and so it is written that “he is the express image of his person”.  He is God in this sense, and so he said:  “He who has seen me has seen the Father”.  We have seen the Father through the life that Jesus lived in obedience to the Word of God, and so the scripture also calls Jesus “the Word of God”.

Now the body of Jesus is God's own “flesh and blood”, but they are not the same person.  They are two distinct individuals.

Jesus was sent by God, and God has said to us through the Apostle Peter that Jesus is “The Christ, the Son of the Living God”.

There is “One God, and one mediator between God and man, the man, Christ Jesus”. (1 Ti 2:5)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Good post and perspective. I agree with your content but not your position. You see your content can support either position, yours or mine…it's a matter of how you apply.

You see God indeed spoke through many men.

But which of them has he said, Today I have begotten you?

Jesus.

Which of them had a virgin birth?

Jesus

Which of them was no sin found

Jesus

Which of them is HEIR to everything that is YHVH

Jesus

Which of them has the power to save souls?

Jesus

Which of them are you allowed to pray to and worship

Jesus

Which of them existed before the world was

Jesus

Which of them was credited with the creation of everything

Jesus

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and Jesus only.

He is…The Alpha and Omega…The beginning and the end.

The Word of God, The Word that was with God, and The Word that IS GOD.

I agree with your content but not your position.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Simple Forgiven said it best…

You cannot SEE fear…but you know it's present by seeing someone's facial expressions and body language.

In the same light…

You cannot see God, he's a spirit.

But you literal know him/ see him through the body of christ Jesus. Physically and Symbolically.

He said, if you know the son you know the father….Which messenger of God, eg: Moses or Abraham or Adam or Enoch could ever make such a statement?

Participant

I had a quick look to see if others consider the reference to the Word in 1 Kings 19 to be a christophany. Turns out they do.

Verse 5 tells us an angel was touching him, awakening him to eat. But in verse 7 this angel is identified as “the angel of the LORD,” a description always used in the Old Testament of a special manifestation of God Himself. This was no ordinary angel. It was a Theophany or better yet, a Christophany–a manifestation of the second person of the Trinity. This was no less than the Savior who came personally to minister to the prophet. God sent not the ravens as before, nor a widow, nor some other natural means, but the preincarnate Christ. Why?
    http://bible.org/seriespage/restoration-elijah-1-kings-195-18

I wasn't aware of this one, so thanks for pointing me to it.

:)

RokkaMan
    Participant

God pointed it to me to do his work. Thank him!

Viewing 20 posts - 3,561 through 3,580 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account