JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,541 through 3,560 (of 25,907 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    You must need control.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2010,20:58)
    Hi RM,
    You must need control.

and Respect

RokkaMan
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 18 2010,21:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2010,20:58)
    Hi RM,
    You must need control.

and Respect

I don't need control, WE need control, so we don't waste 8 posts on arguing while evading the purpose of this thread.

So pls, listen to SF and show some respect.

RokkaMan
    Participant

I would like your thoughts on this.

I am not trying to tie Jesus as being The Word of God even thought it is expressed in the bible.

But is The Word of God…God himself?

After i get a bunch of your responses, I'll post a verse explicitely showing WHO The Word of God is, so be careful in your analysis or else i'll embarrass you lol.

BTW a simple yes or no will suffice.
    Feel free to post a scripture or two, but please no novels of scripture, and no questions redirected back to me.

Just simply answer it and post (optional) a verse or two supporting your belief.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 18 2010,21:25)
    I would like your thoughts on this. …

is The Word of God…God himself?

HI RokkaMan,

Click Here

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH (Psalm 45:17)
    (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

RokkaMan
    Participant

Amg i don't want to read a book of verse, I am simply asking “you” (as in individuals) you're position and a verse or two of scripture to support your belief.

Please just a simple yes or no.

Is 1:18
    Participant

…..Word was God (John 1:1c)

Oxy
    Participant

Hi, yes the Word of God is God.

He is the ONLY Word of God according to the Scriptures (eg, there is no Scriptural basis for calling the Bible the Word of God, inspired by God yes, but not the Word)

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The the Word was made a little lower than the angels and was born of Mary and called Jesus. Heb 2:7 You have made him a little lower than the angels. You crowned him with glory and honor and set him over the works of Your hands. (ie no longer God)

Then Jesus prayed ….John 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was. ….)

His prayer was answered and He was restored as the Word of God, as proclaimed in Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Oxy
    Participant

But the Word of God is not the Father, nor is He the Holy Spirit. The Word of God is the Prophet and the prophecy, the message and the messenger of God who has been raised from the dead and given all authority.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    The Word of God
    is OF God.

Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ June 18 2010,21:25)
    I would like your thoughts on this.

I am not trying to tie Jesus as being The Word of God even thought it is expressed in the bible.

But is The Word of God…God himself?

After i get a bunch of your responses, I'll post a verse explicitely showing WHO The Word of God is, so be careful in your analysis or else i'll embarrass you lol.

BTW a simple yes or no will suffice.
    Feel free to post a scripture or two, but please no novels of scripture, and no questions redirected back to me.

Just simply answer it and post (optional) a verse or two supporting your belief.

Yes, the Word of God is God as He relates to humanity.

Hebrews 1

1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Your thread isnt nick proof, lol

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Scripture is the mouth of God by God's Spirit.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Amen brothers and sisters.

The Word of God is INDEED God.

The only person who disagrees is Nick.

He says The Word of God is OF God…how foolish.

In the beginning was the word, the word was with god, and the word WAS god? lol

anyways here's my magic verse.
    ——————

1 kings 19:

9And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

10And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

14And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

15And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

ALL capital LORD is exclusive to YHWH alone in the bible.
    Jesus usually was Lord, but i understand it's not the same in all bibles. In the KJV however, we hold that as the authority.

If the WORD of GOD was attributed LORD. He is God.

If Jesus is The Word of God manifested as flesh, can we not say Jesus is God in the flesh?

was his name not to be called immanuel meaning “God with us (humanity)”?

RokkaMan
    Participant

These verse show this is not an Angel.
    These verse also are from the OT…
    so you cannot attribute them to Jesus, for he was not incarnate YET!!!!!

So aparently The Word of The Lord (only person you possibly can be talking about here is YHVH himself or pre-incarnate Jesus as part of the Godhead) is YHVH.

This OT scripture agrees with the new testament,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So if the OT and NT agree that the word of God is God…

I have two questions,

one for Nick…

How the heck do you believe it's OF god when it's explicitely shown in both the OT and NT that The Word is GOD himself.

and second question, how do any of you anti-trinitarians reconcile Jesus, NOT being God when we know he's THE WORD manifested as flesh?

Not saying i'm for trinitarianism either, but you better start believing Jesus is God is his death means nothing.

RokkaMan
    Participant

This deserved it's own post….

Amen brothers and sisters.

The Word of God is INDEED God.

The only person who disagrees is Nick.

He says The Word of God is OF God…how foolish.

In the beginning was the word, the word was with god, and the word WAS god? lol

anyways here's my magic verse.
    ——————

1 kings 19:

9And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

10And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

14And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

15And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria:

ALL capital LORD is exclusive to YHWH alone in the bible.
    Jesus usually was Lord, but i understand it's not the same in all bibles. In the KJV however, we hold that as the authority.

If the WORD of GOD was attributed LORD. He is God.

If Jesus is The Word of God manifested as flesh, can we not say Jesus is God in the flesh?

was his name not to be called immanuel meaning “God with us (humanity)”?

These verse show this is not an Angel.
    These verse also are from the OT…
    so you cannot attribute them to Jesus, for he was not incarnate YET!!!!!

So aparently The Word of The Lord (only person you possibly can be talking about here is YHVH himself or pre-incarnate Jesus as part of the Godhead) is YHVH.

This OT scripture agrees with the new testament,

So if the OT and NT agree that the word of God is God…

I have two questions,

one for Nick…

How the heck do you believe it's OF god when it's explicitely shown in both the OT and NT that The Word is GOD himself.

and second question, how do any of you anti-trinitarians reconcile Jesus, NOT being God when we know he's THE WORD manifested as flesh?

Not saying i'm for trinitarianism either, but you better start believing Jesus is God is his death means nothing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    The Lord is the Spirit.[2Cor3]

RokkaMan
    Participant

and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

That alone shows us how Jesus can be seperate from YHVH and still be God…The same God he serves.

It's hard for the human brain to understand, but how can we understand the complexities of God, no more than a DOG can understand the complexities of a human being?

It doesn't support trinitarianism, but it sure has hell refutes the anti-trinitarian belief that Jesus is NOT GOD.

You might as well convert to islam if you believe Jesus is not God, because that's the only place where christianity and islam differ.

Jesus is God and Lord. To ask a man into your heart and save you, would be blasphemy and idolatry.

If you have questions to rebuttle this, ask away and I will show you God's truth.

RokkaMan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    The Lord is the Spirit.[2Cor3]

And you're an airhead (the candy).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Ex 9.20 -21, Num 3.16, 15.31,36.5, , Dt 5.5, Jos8.8, 1Sam3.7, ,21 ,9.27,15.10, 15.26………

Almighty God is in heaven.
    He manifests as His Spirit [Word] here.
    He is as His Word is in the hearts of the believers.[Rom10]
    And unless you have the Spirit of Christ you are none of his.[Rom8]

Viewing 20 posts - 3,541 through 3,560 (of 25,907 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account