JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,821 through 2,840 (of 25,908 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    Jesus asked Peter roughly the same question and approved of the answer he gave.
    Of course many of his followers had just left him unsatisfied with his teaching.[Jn6]

So would you have wandered off too
    or agreed with Peter?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ July 17 2009,12:30)
    1 John 5:21 says that he is the true God.

“And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.”

gs,
    Good verse bro! This verse clearly says that the Son of God is the true God and eternal life. The anti-trinitarians here are aleays saying that the Father is the only true God. But John disagrees.

THE TRINITY DOCTRINE REIGNS!!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So even though it is never found in the mouth of God YOU will champion it?
    Who are you?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 18 2009,17:32)
    Hi GS,
    Jesus asked Peter roughly the same question and approved of the answer he gave.
    Of course many of his followers had just left him unsatisfied with his teaching.[Jn6]

So would you have wandered off too
    or agreed with Peter?

Nick,
    GS has done with one verse that which I have failed to do. He has disproved you from 1 John 5:20. This verse CLEARLY says that the Son of God is the true God and eternal life. You should fall on your face and weep because of all the times you have diminished His name on this board. It's a good thing for you that He remembers your sins no more.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 19 2009,11:39)
    Hi TT,
    So even though it is never found in the mouth of God YOU will champion it?
    Who are you?

Nick,
    GS has destroyed your Arian traditions with just one verse. It clearly says that the Son of God is the true God and eternal life.

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life

KABANG BOOM!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So you and GS together are quite sufficient to justify what God never teaches?
    So do you agree with Peter in Mt 16?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 19 2009,11:49)
    Hi TT,
    So you and GS together are quite sufficient to justify what God never teaches?
    So do you agree with Peter in Mt 16?

Nick,
    I have noticed that you have no reply to the verse. GS took his Star Wars light saber and cut down your Arian traditions with one swoosh. GS is the man! If I had learned that I had spoken such demeaning things about the Son of God I would fill a bucket with my tears.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Is it not better to let God speak out His doctrines from scripture rather than concocting derived ones?
    What men contrive to put together from a few verses does not constitute truth.
    Do you agree with Peter in Mt 16 or have you moved on?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Jn 1 does not say God is any form of trinity or binity does it?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 19 2009,11:58)
    Hi TT,
    Is it not better to let God speak out His doctrines from scripture rather than concocting derived ones?
    What men contrive to put together from a few verses does not constitute truth.
    Do you agree with Peter in Mt 16 or have you moved on?

You're evading John's statement Nick. Answer John's statement Nick.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 19 2009,12:00)
    Hi TT,
    Jn 1 does not say God is any form of trinity or binity does it?

Nick,
    1 John 5:20 says that the Son of God is the true God and eternal life. Answer it Nick.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Should you let the odd interesting verse cause you to stumble over the truth that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God?
    We are not on a search fror the complicated but the simple. [2cor11]

Did you agree that Peter was correct in Mt16?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    If you are going to add new teachings to the body of Christ then you had better be sure of your own prophetic credentials.
    The Spirit of God takes us back to the words of Jesus and does not speak on His own initiative.[jn14-16]

Quote (thethinker @ July 18 2009,19:37)

Quote (gsilva72 @ July 17 2009,12:30)
    1 John 5:21 says that he is the true God.

“And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.”

gs,
    Good verse bro! This verse clearly says that the Son of God is the true God and eternal life. The anti-trinitarians here are aleays saying that the Father is the only true God. But John disagrees.

THE TRINITY DOCTRINE REIGNS!!

thinker

Hi GS and Jack

I might also add…

1 John 5:20 is clear that John who also penned John 1:1, 18, 20:28 and 1 John 5:1-3 as well as other narrations in his Gospel, claims Jesus is True God!

And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us insight to know58 him who is true, and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. “ This one is the true God and eternal life“. 1 John 5:20

The NET sheds some more light on 1 John 5:20

The pronoun This one (οὗτος, Joutos) refers to a person, but it is far from clear whether it should be understood as a reference (1) to God the Father or (2) to Jesus Christ. R. E. Brown (Epistles of John [AB], 625) comments, “I John, which began with an example of stunning grammatical obscurity in the prologue, continues to the end to offer us examples of unclear grammar.” The nearest previous antecedent is Jesus Christ, immediately preceding, but on some occasions when this has been true the pronoun still refers to God (see 1 John 2:3). The first predicate which follows This one in 5:20, the true God, is a description of God the Father used by Jesus in John 17:3, and was used in the preceding clause of the present verse to refer to God the Father (him who is true). Yet the second predicate of This one in 5:20, eternal life, appears to refer to Jesus, because although the Father possesses “life” (John 5:26, 6:57) just as Jesus does (John 1:4, 6:57, 1 John 5:11), “life” is never predicated of the Father elsewhere, while it is predicated of Jesus in John 11:25 and 14:6 (a self-predication by Jesus). If This one in 5:20 is understood as referring to Jesus, it forms an inclusion with the prologue, which introduced the reader to “the eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us.” Thus it appears best to understand the pronoun This one in 5:20 as a reference to Jesus Christ. The christological affirmation which results is striking, but certainly not beyond the capabilities of the author (see John 1:1 and 20:28): This One [Jesus Christ] is the true God and eternal life.  Source

I find it hard to understand why the Arians cannot see the simple truth of these scriptures.

All one has to do is examine themselves to see if Jesus is in them or not.

Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. “ Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you–unless, of course, you fail the test“?

Think of the magnitude of Paul’s claim here. Paul is saying the test of being a true believer is if Jesus lives in you.

He didn't say the Father or the Holy Spirit. He said “Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you–unless, of course, you fail the test?

He is saying that if “JESUS” isn't in you then you fail the test of being a believer and having any part with God!

Paul is claiming equality of Jesus with the Father as God who dwells in us by “One Spirit” for our bodies are the “Temples of God” and not for another mere man besides ourselves to inhabit.

It is amazing to me how the Arians reduce Jesus to being just a man and then claim he lives in them.

Is there any mere man that can live in other men? If you do not believe that Jesus is God then you have to at least believe God has made him some kind of a god who lives in millions all over the world hearing their prayers, meeting their needs, dwelling among them with the promise that he will never leave them. He also is calling men to come to him, and those that are his he says he holds them in their hand and no man can pluck them out of his hand.

But we know what the scriptures say about that don't we?  

There is only “One True God” who lives in us by One Spirit!

Yet carnal man want to reduce him to a man they can follow.

Hello!

The absurdity of it all is astounding because not one on this board or anywhere can tell me the difference in the nature of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Their own words give them away.

When they say the Lord spoke to me or blessed me or showed me this or that they talk as if it was God, yet if you ask them…

did the Father speak to you? ???  

or was it Jesus? ???

or maybe it was the Holy Spirit? ???

then they are dumb founded because they can not say it was the Father and not Jesus, or it was the Spirit and not the Father!

So in other words they do not have a clue which one is speaking or leading or guiding. They just know that it is God!

Yet they have the nerve to attack Trinitarians for recognizing the One Spirit, God who lives in them!

Here is a big one. When they pray they say they pray to the Father, yet we find examples in scriptures where men prayed to Jesus, and in fact John and Paul claims that our fellowship (koinōnia)is with the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.(1 John 5:3, 1 Cor 1:9, Phil 2:1, 2 Cor 13:14)

To pray to another other than God was Idolatry.

Make up your minds people. Is God living inside of you, or is it God and an anointed man, or a god and a power (Holy Spirit)?

Or is it scripturally the Father and Jesus And the Holy Spirit who are One, The One Spirit, The One True God who lives in us as God?

WJ

Cindy
    Participant

W.J.  I do agree that John 1:1 says that the Word was God and the Word was with God.

John 2:`14
    tells us that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.  He suffered for our inequity and died a horrible death on the cross for us, and took the penalty of death away.  Eternal Life by Faith in Jesus Christ is now a free gift from God.  He now is eternal God, before His Preexisting He was not otherwise He could not have died for us.  Let me ask you some Question!  If all three were equal did they all die?   They are one Person in three, that is what the trinity teaches. Also if the Holy Spirit is a Person, did He not visited Maria and Maria was found with Child by that Holy Spirit. Then He is the Father of Jesus.  We know that is not so. The trinity doctrine is a man-made doctrine and not instituted by God.  Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian was the first that instituted it, in the first century.  Goggle him. The Apostes never taught that doctrine. I was going to say more, but I am getting company unexpatemd and I ewill come back to this kater. Irene
    Peace and Love Irene

gsilva72
    Participant

Nick,

Yes, I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I never said he wasn't. But the word also says that he is the true God and eternal lifel. I can't disprove what the Bible has spelled out for us in plain english.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    So what Jesus said is no more important to you than your misunderstood verse of Paul's?

gsilva72
    Participant

1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” Another scripture that works hand in hand with John 1:1.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    Have you not yet heard that this verse was not in any original manuscripts but added?

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nick

It is in the KJV. One of the oldest (1611) and the most sold Bibles ever. I'm pretty sure it should be in there as God's word. God said he would preserve his word. If the King James wasn't written from some of the original manuscripts, what makes you think these newer versions were taken from the orginal manuscripts.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,821 through 2,840 (of 25,908 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account