JOHN 1:1 who is the WORD?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 25,870 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 04 2009,11:40)
    Irene……… Do you KNOW what SPIRIT (IS)?. And JESUS SAID THE WORDS WERE (NOT) HIS WORDS. So how could He be the WORD. John Know exactly what He was saying , ” in (the) beginning was the word and the word (WAS) (GOD) Jesus is NOT GOD. Its just that simple. Believe what Peter Said , Jesus was foreordained (BUT) was manifested in our time. What is so hard about that?

peace and love………………..gene

You are wrong when you say that Jesus is not God.  Have you ever proved it to yourself?
    Hebrew 1:8 But to the Son He said:” Your throne O God, is for ever; ……………
    Here God the Father calls Jesus God.
    And of course John too.
    Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,06:53)
    Hi TT,
    Is the Servant Jesus not the exalted Jesus.
    Is one God and one not?

Nick,
    Lord's sake man! When did Jesus say that truth was not His own? Answer: When He existed in the form of a servant. But He said that all truth was His as well as the Father's IN ANTICIPATION OF HIS SOON TO COME EXALTATION.

IT IS NOT HARD TO COMPREHEND NICK.

Gene's views are based on SELECT Scriptures. I would not want to do a jig saw puzzle with Gene. He would not look at the whole picture on the box. He would start out with a picture of his own and try to put the pieces together from that. When the disciples first heard Jesus say that truth was not His own it was in the context of “I have been sent by the Father.” Then Jesus later says that all truth is His as well as the Father's. This was said in the context of His anticipated exaltation and His going back to the Father. The former He said as SERVANT. The latter He said in anticipation of His returning to His SOVEREIGNTY that He gave up for your salvation in the first place.

THIS IS THE WHOLE PICTURE GOD HAS PAINTED NICK AND GENE! So put the pieces together correctly!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Trinity is a shoddy vessel of human origins that tries to float by patching verses together but those who teach it are forever baling for their lives.

It will sink.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,20:54)
    Hi TT,
    Trinity is a shoddy vessel of human origins that tries to float by patching verses together but those who teach it are forever baling for their lives.

It will sink.

Nick,

You say Trinitarianism will sink?  :laugh:  Another reason why some anti-trinitarians on this board don't go to church is because there are not many anti-trinitarian churches. It was not Trinitarianism that was denounced by the ancient synods and councils.

You're a hoot Nick  :cool:

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

thinker I don't know, do you believe in a trinity Doctrine or not?
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Do you rely on the approval of men?
    The approval of the One who wrote the bible through men should be your hope.

The only church that matters is the body of Christ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 05 2009,21:07)
    thinker   I don't know, do you believe in a trinity Doctrine or not?  
    Irene

Irene,
    Yes I believe in the trinity doctrine. Why are you confused about it?

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 05 2009,21:15)
    Hi tt,
    Do you rely on the approval of men?
    The approval of the One who wrote the bible through men should be your hope.

The only church that matters is the body of Christ

Nick,
    If the body of Christ was the only church that matters then why did God tell us to forsake NOT the assembling of ourselves together? The “body” concept you speak about is necessarily a community concept.

There is no excuse for not fellowshiping with God's people. We all must put up with doctrines we don't like. I have to put up with baptism and all that old covenant stuff at my church. Yet they have the basic truths that Christ died for our sins. It seems that anti-trinitarian doctrine tends toward isolationism and non-community. But the trinity doctrine shows that God exists as a community within Himself and we are made in His (their) image.

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

thinker  Oh, no I am not confused about it, but I was surprised, that you believe in it.  Have you ever tried to prove it?   2 Thes.22 says we should prove all things. Nowhere in the Bible can you find the trinity written. I can prove that there is no trinity however.

Ephesians 4:6 there is one God and Father of all, who is above all, and in us all. Also I want to say that is not revered to Jesus.

verse 4-5 there is one body and one Spirit, just as we are called;
    verse 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Also Jesus Himself said that the Father is greater then I. John 14:28
    The trinity doctrine is 3in1 and all are equal in power.   Not so.

Also when you see LORD, that is always the Father, Lord this way it is always Jesus Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 06 2009,04:02)
    thinker  Oh, no I am not confused about it, but I was surprised, that you believe in it.  Have you ever tried to prove it?   2 Thes.22 says we should prove all things. Nowhere in the Bible can you find the trinity written. I can prove that there is no trinity however.

Ephesians 4:6 there is one God and Father of all, who is above all, and in us all. Also I want to say that is not revered to Jesus.

verse 4-5 there is one body and one Spirit, just as we are called;
    verse 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Also Jesus Himself said that the Father is greater then I. John 14:28
    The trinity doctrine is 3in1 and all are equal in power.   Not do.

Also when you see LORD, that is always the Father, Lord this way it is always Jesus Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    How could you ask me if I have ever tried to prove the trinity doctrine? That is what I have spent most of my tome since january when I joined.

The Father was greater than Jesus while He was in the flesh. This is why Jesus told His disciples that He must go away. The Father is not greater than Jesus now because Jesus has been exalted to the Father's right hand. This means that He is EQUAL with the Father now. You can't take things that were true of Him while He was in the flesh and apply them now.

You are correct to say that the Father is in us. But you must remember that it is TRHOUGH JESUS that this is true. Without Jesus the Father is not in us. Anti-trinitarians like to use the “one God and Father” argument all the time. But what about the “one Lord” statement that refers to Jesus? If the “one God” statement means that only the Father is God then the “one Lord” statement means that only Jesus is Lord.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Is Jesus really his own father?
    God does not change.

Beware of making a man your God.[Rom1]
    God is not a man.
    Jesus was

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,05:52)
    Hi tt,
    Is Jesus really his own father?
    God does not change.

Beware of making a man your God.[Rom1]
    God is not a man.
    Jesus was

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”

You would have to deny this since Jesus was no more than a man to you.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tt,
    Scripture tells us Jesus is a man so better not to argue with scripture.
    Men die as he did but our God and his God is immortal.
    For us there is one God and one Lord.

The Lord is the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So while Jesus was a servant of God he was not God in your view?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,08:05)
    Hi TT,
    So while Jesus was a servant of God he was not God in your view?

Philippians 2 says that He existed in the form of God but made Himself nothing. So He was God made nothing. He became obedient unto the death of the cross and was exalted to the Father's right hand. In ancient Hebrew culture this meant that He is EQUAL with the Father.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God made nothing?
    Did that diminish your trinity God?
    Was he obedient to Himself or his greater Father and God?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,09:36)
    Hi TT,
    God made nothing?
    Did that diminish your trinity God?
    Was he obedient to Himself or his greater Father and God?

Your beef is with Paul. He said that Christ existed in the form of God and that He made Himself nothing and that He was exalted again. Take it up with Paul IF you see him.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    I agree with Paul.
    Jesus is the son of our God.
    But you make God less than God for a time if you hold to trinity folly.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 06 2009,10:01)
    Hi TT,
    I agree with Paul.
    Jesus is the son of our God.
    But you make God less than God for a time if you hold to trinity folly.

You do not agree with Paul. It is Paul you should accuse of “folly.”

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Did Paul assert Jesus was his God or his lord?
    1Cor8
    “… For us there is one God, the Father… and one Lord Jesus Christ”

Do you walk with him into shame outside the city or with the thousands of foolish theologians?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,721 through 2,740 (of 25,870 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account