Jesus is sovereign and therefore, god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (datguy @ July 25 2009,12:22)
    HI TT, is it that you think Lord means God? I hope that is not the case.
    Women of the bible commonly refer to men as their Lord.
    Christ being a son over his own house was made Lord and Christ by God. Acts 2:36..Heb 3:6

dg,
    The term “Lord” in reference to Christ means “God.” And i find it interesting that you would invoke Hebrews 3:6 when verses 3-4 says that Jesus receives EQUAL glory wuith God,

For Jesus has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses—as much more glory as the builder of a house has more honor than the house itself. (For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.)

Please note that it says that Jesus is “counted worthy” of the glory of the builder and that the builder is God.

Premise 1: Jesus is counted worthy of the glory of the builder
    Premise 2: The builder is God
    Conclusion: Therefore, Jesus is counted to have EQUAL glory with God.

Why did you not invoke verses 3-4 as well?  ???

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 25 2009,17:50)
    “Fully” God, “fully” man.

Words have completely lost their meaning!

See my reply on new thread “transendence versus immanence.”

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    LORD means GOD?
    You have lost touch with sound scriptural understanding.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 25 2009,12:44)
    Hi TT,
    LORD means GOD?
    You have lost touch with sound scriptural understanding.

Nick,

What about Isaiah 9:6 do you not understand?

Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born,
          to us a son is given,
          and the government will be on his shoulders.
          And he will be called
          Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
          Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Nick, you also fail to tell me how Jesus being sovereign does not mean that he is God.

TC27

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TC 27………………if Jesus is sovereign then why did he say he came (NOT) to do His will but the will of HIM who Sent HIM. Sounds to me like the one who sent him is the one who is sovereign not Him. Or have you forgot he said He could do nothing on His own initiative, but what soever he see the FATHER do. And again saying It is not I who do the works but the FATHER in Me DOTH (HIS) work. See that the problem with TRINITARIANS they forget what the rest of scriptures say. They are unable to put them together and draw a reasonable conclusion. God was (IN) Christ, GOD was not Jesus, GOD was in HIM. Just believe what Jesus said and it will clear things up. IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

Quote (Gene @ July 25 2009,19:08)
    TC 27………………if Jesus is sovereign then why did he say he came (NOT) to do His will but the will of HIM who Sent HIM. Sounds to me like the one who sent him is the one who is sovereign not Him. Or have you forgot he said He could do nothing on His own initiative, but what soever he see the FATHER do. And again saying It is not I who do the works but the FATHER in Me DOTH (HIS) work. See that the problem with TRINITARIANS they forget what the rest of scriptures say. They are unable to put them together and draw a reasonable conclusion.  God was (IN) Christ, GOD was not Jesus, GOD was in HIM. Just believe what Jesus said and it will clear things up. IMO

peace and love…………………..gene

Gene,

Read Jude verse 4.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So who is the greater one Who is the God of Jesus[Jn20]?
    Is Jesus his own Father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Lots of folk are sovereign.
    Lords, kings etc.

Are they all gods ?

When will you drop this facile logic??

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,17:30)
    Hi TC,
    So who is the greater one Who is the God of Jesus[Jn20]?
    Is Jesus his own Father?

But Jesus is exalted now.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,20:40)
    Hi TT,
    Lords, kings etc.

Are they all gods ?

But only Jesus is King of kings and Sovereign of sovereigns (that is, Lord of lords).

Lame Nick. Really lame. You know that Jesus is Lord of lords.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said:

TC 27………………if Jesus is sovereign then why did he say he came (NOT) to do His will but the will of HIM who Sent HIM.

Jesus said this BEFORE He was exalted. How many times do we have to say this? At the right hand of God He is EQUAL.

thinker

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,00:40)
    Hi TT,
    Lords, kings etc.

Are they all gods ?

Nick,

There is a difference between what you say about who is sovereign and what I am saying about who is sovereign. People cannot truly be sovereign and you know it. In order to be sovereign one has to be utmost in power and greater than all else. That does not exist in the human world since we all know that God is above any human being. Not only that but in Jude 1:4 it clearly states: “…Jesus our ONLY Sovereign and Lord.” Sovereign is capitalized here because it is a title. He is the word sovereign.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 26 2009,23:23)

Hi TT,
    Lords, kings etc.

Are they all gods ?

Nick,

There is a difference between what you say about who is sovereign and what I am saying about who is sovereign. People cannot truly be sovereign and you know it. In order to be sovereign one has to be utmost in power and greater than all else. That does not exist in the human world since we all know that God is above any human being. Not only that but in Jude 1:4 it clearly states: “…Jesus our ONLY Sovereign and Lord.” Sovereign is capitalized here because it is a title. He is the word sovereign.

TC27

Amen TC!

Men cannot be sovereign in the true and proper sese of the term. This is why Jesus is called “King of kings and Lord of lords.” Anti-trinitarians give only lip service to Christ's sovereignty. They deny all that it means.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 26 2009,04:32)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 26 2009,23:23)

Hi TT,
    Lords, kings etc.

Are they all gods ?

Nick,

TC27

Amen TC!

Men cannot be sovereign in the true and proper sese of the term. This is why Jesus is called “King of kings and Lord of lords.” Anti-trinitarians give only lip service to Christ's sovereignty. They deny all that it means.

thinker

Thinker,

Exactly!

TC27

Cindy
    Participant

Why is John 1:1 so misunderstood? God is a Tittle. Jesus is the Son of God and Lord of Lords. Now notice that when it is our Father Lord is spelled in Capital Letters. LORD, and when it is Christ it is Lord.
    Ephesians 4:6 it says that the Father us above all. Jesus sits next to His Father and the Father has given the Son all authority. That however does not mean that He is equal with the Father. The Head of Man is Christ and the Head of Christ is our Father God.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 27 2009,05:24)
    Why is John 1:1 so misunderstood?   God is a Tittle.  Jesus is the Son of God and Lord of Lords.  Now notice that when  it is our Father Lord is spelled  in Capital Letters.  LORD, and when it is Christ it is Lord.  
    Ephesians 4:6 it says that the Father us above all.  Jesus sits next to His Father and the Father has given the Son all authority.  That however does not mean that He is equal with the Father.  The Head of Man is Christ and the Head of Christ is our Father God.    
    Peace and Love Irene

The name “Father” is also a title. So what's your point?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Are you entitled in this way as well?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So If Jesus is given all power by God that means he is also the God who gave him that power?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 27 2009,07:25)
    Hi TC,
    So If Jesus is given all power by God that means he is also the God who gave him that power?

Nick,
    Jesus has ALL authority. True or false?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    He was GIVEN all power and he will hand the kingdom back to his God and our God.
    He is not a PART of that God.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account