Jesus Christ is God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Henoch
    Participant

Jesus Christ is God

The scriptures bear abundant testimony that Jesus Christ is God. Some liberal preacher will say to me, “You take the Bible literally. It's just myths.” I answer, “Yes, I believe the Bible 100%. It is the word of God. If you don't believe it, Jesus is of no effect to you, ye are yet in your sins.”

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jesusgd2.htm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome henoch,
    Then who is the Son of God?
    We need to know as salvation is in his name and he is the way to the Father, the mediator between God and man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,Henoch,
    Jesus was surely a vessel for God rather than that God, Whom he identified as his Father.

18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”

God was IN CHRIST not AS Christ.

Jn 8
    ” 54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

Do not join the throngs who deny the reality of the Son of God.

2Peter2
    ” 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Henoch,
    Did this claim come from the mouth of God or Jesus, or Peter or only common men? Certainly God calls the Son of God “God” in Ps 45 and Hebrews but why would you confuse that given appellation with being God Himself? Jesus said he has a God. God does not have a God.

Jn 20
    ” 17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. “

You say
    “Yes, I believe the Bible 100%. It is the word of God. If you don't believe it, Jesus is of no effect to you, ye are yet in your sins.”

But we have to make scripture fit and not break it.

God said Jesus was His Son, quoted by Peter in his second letter

” 16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. “

And Jesus said in Lk 22

”  70Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.”

So are there better witnesses to the truth among common men?

Admin
    Keymaster

This is a duplicate discussion and has been closed.

See a discussion called 'Is Jesus God?' instead.

:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account