Jesus address his father as the only god

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

John 5:44 Jesus references his father as the only God to receive glory from. Now if you believe in what Jesus says here how can you justify Jesus being God in the same sense as the father? Questioning modalists and trinitarians.

tigger2
    Participant

And, 1 Cor. 8:6 –
    “yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.” – NRSV.

Or,

John 17:1,3 –
    “Father, …. this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” – NRSV.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tigger2……..Right on…………, For there is ONE God and One mediator between God and Man, the “MAN”Jesus Christ.

peace and love………………gene

tigger2
    Participant

Good, Gene.

That's 1 Tim 2:5.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Oct. 13 2013,09:29)
    Good, Gene.

That's 1 Tim 2:5.

Hi Tigger.

There is a contradiction here.
    Please explain these scriptures.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts;
    **I am the first, and I am the last**; and
    **beside me there is no God**.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. *Is there a God beside me*? yea,
    **there is no God; I know not any**.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that *I am he*:
    **before me there was no God formed**, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD;
    ***and beside me there is no saviour***.

tigger2
    Participant

Hi, Wakeup,

I notice that you are able to use colored font and that Gene has used the bold feature in his post above.  So far I haven’t been able to use these (and other) features.  Can you tell me how to do this?
    ……….

If you will please explain my two scriptures, I will attempt to explain two (your choice) of your scriptures.

“Father, …. this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” – NRSV.

1 Cor. 8:6 –
    “yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.” – NRSV.

If you'd like to explain a third scripture (the 'my God's of Rev. 3:12), I'll attempt to explain a third scripture of yours.

Sincerely,

T2

Proclaimer
    Participant

Instructions on coloured font etc.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….=ibcode

tigger2
    Participant

Hey, wakeup,

I think I finally figured out a way to use the font modifiers.

I still don't know how to use the iB code buttons, however.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Oct. 14 2013,07:52)
    Hi, Wakeup,

I notice that you are able to use colored font and that Gene has used the bold feature in his post above.  So far I haven’t been able to use these (and other) features.  Can you tell me how to do this?
    ……….

If you will please explain my two scriptures, I will attempt to explain two (your choice) of your scriptures.

If you'd like to explain a third scripture (the 'my God's of Rev. 3:12), I'll attempt to explain a third scripture of yours.

Sincerely,

T2

Tigger2.

Forst of all: I am not an expert in computers.
    I am sure Mike B will help you how to do the colours.

We must understand that God is ONE.
    There is God and his Word inside of himself.
    He brought forth his Word from inside him,
    as his express image next to him.

Proverbs 8:22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Proverbs 8:23 **I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning**, or ever the earth was.

Proverbs 8:24 When there were no depths, *I was brought forth*; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

Proverbs 8:25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills *was I brought forth*:

Proverbs 8:26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Proverbs 8:27 **When he prepared the heavens, I was there**: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:

Proverbs 8:28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:

Proverbs 8:29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:

Proverbs 8:30 **Then I was by him**, **as one brought up with him**: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Proverbs 8:31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Proverbs 8:32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: **for blessed are they that keep my ways**.

Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 8:34 **Blessed is the man that heareth me**, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Proverbs 8:35 **For whoso findeth me findeth life**, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Proverbs 8:36 **But he that sinneth against me** **wrongeth his own soul**: **all they that hate me love death**.

The Word of God is wisdom,for by his wisdom were all things
    made.

He had glory *WITH* God before the world was.
    What ever God will is; he carried out,what God wanted done,he did the work.

The *Word was made flesh*,by birth.
    The man was called Jesus,and he walked amongst men.
    He died on the cross and went back to heaven,to his God
    *Now* is God his father and his God,because he was *born* by the will of his father: The Son of man/the Son of david.

He still is the *Word of God* that came out of God; that was made flesh after all things were created by him,and for him.
    God and his Word are still one.There is none else beside God.

It's a long answer,but necessary, to get the full picture.

wakeup.

tigger2
    Participant

I have some disagreement with parts of the translation you used, but I agree that it refers to the Word who was with God.  Most early Christians (and many today also agree).

However, before going into the translation itself, I would prefer that you specifically answer each one of the scriptures I gave first.

Thanks,

T2

Wakeup
    Participant

There is no mystery in john 17:1.3.and the rest.
    Jesus is straight forward.
    We are to know *the truth* about God/Father and, Jesus,whom he had send.

1 cor. 8:6.
    There is one God, *of* which all things exists,and there is one Lord Jesus, *by* whom all things are made.

Rev.3:12. God is also the God of Jesus.

wakeup.

tigger2
    Participant

Somehow I thought you were saying that Jesus is God.  Your answers, though, don’t seem to be defending such an idea.  I’ll continue by still assuming that is your intent (until you state otherwise).

“There is no mystery in john 17:1.3.and the rest.
    We are to know *the truth* about God/Father and, Jesus,whom he had send.”

[Jesus’ straightforward statement is that the only true God is the Father and that Jesus is someone else sent by the Father.]

“1 cor. 8:6.  There is one God, *of* which all things exists, and there is one Lord Jesus, *by* whom all things are made.”

[And that one God for Christians is specifically called the Father from (literally “out of,” ex ) whom are all things [other than Himself, of course] and Jesus is someone else through (dia) whom all things [other than himself, of course] were made.

“Rev.3:12. God is also the God of Jesus.”

[If you are saying that Jesus is God or equally God, then it is illogical that he would have a God over Him after he has ascended to heaven.  If I have misunderstood you, please forgive me.]

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Oct. 15 2013,11:15)
    Somehow I thought you were saying that Jesus is God.  Your answers, though, don’t seem to be defending such an idea.  I’ll continue by still assuming that is your intent (until you state otherwise).

“There is no mystery in john 17:1.3.and the rest.
    We are to know *the truth* about God/Father and, Jesus,whom he had send.”

[Jesus’ straightforward statement is that the only true God is the Father and that Jesus is someone else sent by the Father.]

“1 cor. 8:6.  There is one God, *of* which all things exists, and there is one Lord Jesus, *by* whom all things are made.”

[And that one God for Christians is specifically called the Father from (literally “out of,” ex ) whom are all things [other than Himself, of course] and Jesus is someone else through (dia) whom all things [other than himself, of course] were made.

“Rev.3:12. God is also the God of Jesus.”

[If you are saying that Jesus is God or equally God, then it is illogical that he would have a God over Him after he has ascended to heaven.  If I have misunderstood you, please forgive me.]

Hi Tigger2.

God's Word is a *living* Word.
    God is always in charge of his Word.
    Just as you are always in charge of your word.

Only God can bring out his Word next to him,and give him a shape as his own image.
    AND THE WORD WAS *WITH* GOD.FOR HE BROUGHT HIM FORTH OUT OF HIMSELF.

Only God can make his Word flesh,which he did.
    Jesus was a living walking talking person.

You see: he is not just someone else,for he came from inside of God out.
    Your word is not someone else.
    Your word is inside you. You think first, and then the words follow.
    Your word has no name./true or false?

God's Word was only named after he was made flesh.
    Therefore our God is also his God.

God and his Word are ONE.

wakeup.

tigger2
    Participant

I finally noticed t8's helpful post. Thanks, t8!

tigger2
    Participant

Hi Tigger2.

Only God can bring out his Word next to him,and give him a shape as his own image.
    AND THE WORD WAS  *WITH* GOD.FOR HE BROUGHT HIM FORTH OUT OF HIMSELF.

wakeup.

I guess you are saying that the Word was not a person before being born on earth.  But since the Word was already “out of” God and at His side in the beginning in heaven, wasn't he a person at that point.

Again, as Wisdom, God created him in heaven and while in heaven he, (Wisdom) was a master worker for God (just as God created all things THROUGH the Word in heaven).

And Wisdom/Word (in heaven) was “delighting in the human race.” (Prov. 8:30, NRSV).

And Jesus speaks of existing before Abraham (John 8:58), and he says in prayer to the Father:

“”glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world began.” – John 17:5, NRSV.

Don't these things show that the Word/Wisdom was a person in heaven before the world began?

journey42
    Participant

Quote (tigger2 @ Oct. 18 2013,10:06)

Hi Tigger2.

AND THE WORD WAS  *WITH* GOD.FOR HE BROUGHT HIM FORTH OUT OF HIMSELF.

wakeup.

I guess you are saying that the Word was not a person before being born on earth.  But since the Word was already “out of” God and at His side in the beginning in heaven, wasn't he a person at that point.

Again, as Wisdom, God created him in heaven and while in heaven he, (Wisdom) was a master worker for God (just as God created all things THROUGH the Word in heaven).

And Wisdom/Word (in heaven) was “delighting in the human race.” (Prov. 8:30, NRSV).

And Jesus speaks of existing before Abraham (John 8:58), and he says in prayer to the Father:

“”glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world began.” – John 17:5, NRSV.

Don't these things show that the Word/Wisdom was a person in heaven before the world began?

Hi Tigger

Good analysis,
    except the Word was never a person before it was made flesh. It was spirit and God gave it a form.

I know wakeup personally, and know that he has gone away for a few days. Just letting you know.

Welcome to heaven net.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tigger ………Welcome to heaven net.

I looked up over 13 different translations of 1 Cor 8:4  and all of them say There is no other God but “ONE”> We could all save us a lot of speculation about others God by Just believing that scripture alone not to mention all the other scriptures that back it Up including what God the Father himself said, In the book of Isaiah. Where he said he looked for other God's and found “NONE”

Glad your aboard Tigger

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 19 2013,05:58)
    Tigger ………Welcome to heaven net.

I looked up over 13 different translations of 1 Cor 8:4  and all of them say There is no other God but “ONE”> We could all save us a lot of speculation about others God by Just believing that scripture alone not to mention all the other scriptures that back it Up including what God the Father himself said, In the book of Isaiah. Where he said he looked for other God's and found “NONE”

Glad your aboard Tigger

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

gene

did you not see this;;

Ps 138:1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
    before the “gods” I will sing your praise.

EX 15:11 “ Who is like You among the gods, O LORD?
    Who is like You, majestic in holiness,
    Awesome in praises, working wonders?

EX 18:11 “Now I know that the LORD is greater than all the gods; indeed, it was proven when they dealt proudly against the people.”

EX 23:32 “ You shall make no covenant with them or with their gods.

DT 10:17 “ For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

JOS 24:14 “Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.
    JOS 24:15 “If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

GAL 4:8 However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods

those that by “NATURE” OR AS JEHOVAH THE ALMIGHTY GOD AND CREATOR,WHO HAS THE REAL NATURE OF BEING THE GOD OF GODS,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….Those by Nature were “NO” Gods? So if they were “not true” Gods then they were “false” Gods, created by the minds of men, right?

So now give us you answer to 1 Cor 8:4….. Where is very plainly says…….. that in the world there is “NO” GOD but ONE seems you have a contradiction of scriptures in your mind, This is not to even mention all the many other scriptures that say the same thing even Jesus himself said thou are the “ONLY” “TRUE” God, common sense should tell you if there is only “ONE “TRUE” God all the others are “FALSE' Gods right , is not the opposite of TRUE , FALSE?

God is a relative term , it depicts worship and obedience, anything can be a God, in that sense, but are they “true” Gods, “NO”, they are not”, That is the point here, are those other “so-called” God's “True” God's or NOT “TRUE” GOD'S? , they might be true to the person who forms these false GOD'S, in his or Her Mind, but they are only figments of their imaginations, that is working in the Children of Disobedience. As for us “true Christians”, we like Jesus believe in “ONLY “ONE” TRUE GOD.

Tell us why are you people so bent on destroying the Word of God the Father, and Jesus, and the apostles, and the Prophets , by pumping you false teaching of the “TRUE” Existences of other so-called Gods. One of the main Commandments say you Shall have “NO” other GOD Besides Me That alsone should tell you there are not others true Gods, but only false Gods made up in the minds of People, and The true God is indeed the God of those “FALSE” God's, people have invented as you and MIke Do, to support you false teachings of John 1:1. IMO

peace and love……………………………………..gene

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account