Jehovah

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 25 2011,22:57)
    Terra.

THe name jehovah is being mentioned all the time by the witnisses; why? It is because they are trained to advertise the bible tract society called by that brand. Its like advertising cocacola.

Are you arguing against the transliteration “Jehovah” versus “Yahweh”?  Or against the use of “YHWH” all together? Do you think that when Jesus talked about his Father, he was talking about someone OTHER THAN the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob – the One who told Moses His name?

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Dec. 01 2005,09:35)
    Why isn't the name Jehovah not mentioned in the New Testament?
    Jesus didn't call the Father, Jehovah.  Would it have been disrespectful for God's only Son to call Him by His name, Jehovah?  Did God's name change to Father in the New Testament?  I would like to know!

Hallo Kerch.

Jesus always called his God Father; That is the closest one can get to God. He also thought us how to pray; our Father which art in heaven; not our jehovah.So lets stay there.The bible tract society is called by the name jehovah witnesses,and they are just selling their org. by mentioning that name over and over; Its like advertising a product.
    They will get their share on judgement day.
    It all looks good outside,but polluted on the inside.Like white washed graves.

Peace to you.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 26 2011,22:57)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 07 2009,17:53)
    David
    God people are the ones how apply is will,with all their haert and spirit and respect.
    same with Christ the ones who love me he said obey me.
    the fact that you using the name of JEHOVAH in a day to day bases does not mean that you are saved,or better.

Terra.

THe name jehovah is being mentioned all the time by the witnisses; why? It is because they are trained to advertise the bible tract society called by that brand. Its like advertising cocacola.This is the whole idea.Do you know that the father of the jw's his name is pastor Charles t. Russel, and he is a 33th degree freemason; and his tomb is in the form of a piramid,and is in the freemason chappel complex.
    I will show you.

wakeup.

wakeup

I know more about the JW that you ever will know,

and I am not one,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

Were you aware that the name YHWH is in the oldest known fragments of the LXX? It is written in Hebrew letters in the midst of the Greek text.

When Jesus read from the synagogue, how do you know he didn't read the actual name of his God? Just because it has now been changed to “Lord” is not to say it was that way when Jesus was on earth.

ftk
    Participant

Friends: Do you not think that when God sent the truth/Jesus to earth to enlighten mankind the the absolute truth of God, backed up with supernatural powers, that he would have told him a specific name to use if it was necessary to use a specific name? I believe when Jesus said go in my “name” he was not actually making reference to an english name or spanish name or greek or hebrew et.al…..He was authroizing (go in my authority) my place, my stead, like me, in the truth and power of God to be administered to whosoever would accept and receive. Certainly no name can describe God most high. That's indescribable!! IMO, TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 28 2011,05:31)
    Certainly no name can describe God most high.

And yet God told us through Moses which name to remember Him by from generation to generation.

Do you think God mentioned His name as a joke?  Why would God let us know His name if we aren't to use it?

Tim, check out this site.  I think you'll find it enlightening.  :)

How about you check it out too, Wakeup. Perhaps the KJV is trying to gain name recognition for the Jehovah's Witnesses? :)

ftk
    Participant

Hey Mike: I checked out most of the site you recommended at your bidding. Its loaded with info. no doubt and I have no doubt that its true. But it matters not!! Nothing could matter pertaining to God that Jesus, the truth, didn't reveal to us!

IMO, we have One leader, one pastor, one lord, one truth, one teacher, one master of all and that is Jesus, the Christ. His purpose was to preach the gospel of Kingdom of God. I hear very little mention of the Kingdom of God in the preachers I hear! And if they do mention it they have placed it off into a future time that keeps it from us today. If there was anything necessary to know or follow about God the Father of all, Jesus told us. Jesus is the way through the truth to the life, IN GOD!

Whatever Jesus taught us is the truth. It could be true about all those names of God and there is probably tons of truth we have never uncovered. But only one truth is necessary unto God and that was taught by Jesus.

Almost everything was changed from the old testament when the New Testament was established through Jesus. Everything the Patriarchs said and did led up to the end of the old religious world and the end of time. The old way was based on time, the New way is eternal, forever, no measurement of time in Spirit! We are now walking in/with/by eternal spirit! What ever we needed to know about God was taught by Jesus. ANYTHING else could be truth or not be truth. I recommend personally, sticking with the truth of Jesus. Just my opinions and thoughts, God bless you, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 30 2011,03:39)
    Hey Mike: I checked out most of the site you recommended at your bidding. Its loaded with info. no doubt and I have no doubt that its true. But it matters not!!  Nothing could matter pertaining to God that Jesus, the truth, didn't reveal to us!

IMO, we have One leader, one pastor, one lord, one truth, one teacher, one master of all and that is Jesus, the Christ. His purpose was to preach the gospel of Kingdom of God. I hear very little mention of the Kingdom of God in the preachers I hear! And if they do mention it they have placed it off into a future time that keeps it from us today.  If there was anything necessary to know or follow about God the Father of all, Jesus told us. Jesus is the way through the truth to the life, IN GOD!

Whatever Jesus taught us is the truth. It could be true about all those names of God and there is probably tons of truth we have never uncovered. But only one truth is necessary unto God and that was taught by Jesus.

Almost everything was changed from the old testament  when the New Testament was established through Jesus. Everything the Patriarchs said and did led up to the end of the old religious world and the end of time. The old way was based on time, the New way is eternal, forever, no measurement of time in Spirit! We are now walking in/with/by eternal spirit! What ever we needed to know about God was taught by Jesus. ANYTHING else could be truth or not be truth. I recommend personally, sticking with the truth of Jesus.  Just my opinions and thoughts, God bless you, TK

tk

what you say is true ;but tell me how do you get lost in your own truth ???

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 29 2011,03:39)
    Nothing could matter pertaining to God that Jesus, the truth, didn't reveal to us!

And since there is proof that the LXX in Jesus' day still used the name YHWH for God, how is it that you know that Jesus himself didn't speak that name?  Jesus could have been making sure everyone knew God's actual name during his entire ministry for all we know.

That could have been what he meant when he said, “When you pray, say: “‘Father, hallowed be your name' “  And, “Father, glorify your name!”   And I made known your name to them, and I will continue to make it known, so that the love you have loved me with may be in them, and I may be in them.”

Doesn't it seem likely that Jesus was talking about the actual NAME of his God?

IMO, we have One leader, one pastor, one lord, one truth, one teacher, one master of all and that is Jesus, the Christ.

And ONE GOD, Tim.  Why do you name the pastor but not his God and our God? Why would you leave out the most important member of our salvation?

If there was anything necessary to know or follow about God the Father of all, Jesus told us.

I believe Jesus taught us God's name.  I believe the divine name is one of the first things Satan went to work removing, by giving a delusion that we should not speak that name.

And I praise Jah for inspiring the KJV to follow in the path of the JWs, putting God's divine and hallowed name back where it belongs.

(Tim, did you know “hallelujah” means “praise Jah!” – Jah being a shortened version of Jehovah?)

I'll bet you say “hallelujah” many times, despite the fact you argue against the importance of Jehovah's divine name.

ftk
    Participant

Mike: Good points! Here's some more. Who named God? If God was from forever and is all inclusive and everything is in God, then there is/was no one to name God. God is self-existent. God is androgynous! God is not nameable or describable! God is,I AM! Any name placed on God would limit or box in what is/all encompassing! It seems!

All power in heaven and in earth is in the name of Jesus. I don't think that means the Spanish word ''Jesus''. Actually all power and authority are manifest in the power and authority of the name of Jesus.

Here is something interesting. The first part of the word “hallelujah” is the Hebrew word…”hay-lale” in the sense of brightness: “the morning-star….LUCIFER…!! This is the only time the word “Lucifer” was used in the old Testament of the Bible. In the Revelation Jesus was called bright and morning star and the morning star.

Pronounced…'hay-lale' and put together with… you….jawh equals…”hallelujah”! Don't yet really know what it all means but its interesting to note.

Also I want to get out my Josephus books and look up “Jehovah” as I think the Jews made reference to Jehovah as a war-lord title not a name. Jehovah our protector, Jehovah our provider, and Jehovah our healer etc.!

Also if you read Isaiah14 slowly and open minded it is very possibly a picture of Adam that was created in perfection until he accepted evil or transgression was found in him. His thought were that he would be above God if he knew good and evil. Still just thoughts there, I'm awaiting further revelation in those areas. If you have any throw it by me. Thanks, God bless you in all things, TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 29 2011,09:30)
    Who named God?

God gave us the name he wanted us to remember Him by?

God is not nameable or describable!

Apparently that is not true, for He gave us His name through Moses.

All power in heaven and in earth is in the name of Jesus.

Wrong.  All authority has been GIVEN to Jesus BY his own God, Jehovah.  Jesus rules in the strength and NAME of his God, Jehovah.  (Micah 5:4)

Tim, it seems you give more honor to the creation and the servant than you do to his Creator and Master.

ftk
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2011,23:33)

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 30 2011,03:39)
    Hey Mike: I checked out most of the site you recommended at your bidding. Its loaded with info. no doubt and I have no doubt that its true. But it matters not!!  Nothing could matter pertaining to God that Jesus, the truth, didn't reveal to us!

IMO, we have One leader, one pastor, one lord, one truth, one teacher, one master of all and that is Jesus, the Christ. His purpose was to preach the gospel of Kingdom of God. I hear very little mention of the Kingdom of God in the preachers I hear! And if they do mention it they have placed it off into a future time that keeps it from us today.  If there was anything necessary to know or follow about God the Father of all, Jesus told us. Jesus is the way through the truth to the life, IN GOD!

Almost everything was changed from the old testament  when the New Testament was established through Jesus. Everything the Patriarchs said and did led up to the end of the old religious world and the end of time. The old way was based on time, the New way is eternal, forever, no measurement of time in Spirit! We are now walking in/with/by eternal spirit! What ever we needed to know about God was taught by Jesus. ANYTHING else could be truth or not be truth. I recommend personally, sticking with the truth of Jesus.  Just my opinions and thoughts, God bless you, TK

tk

what you say is true ;but tell me how do you get lost in your own truth ???

Pierre

Pierre: Are you so enlightened that you can assess the amount of light each person on this site has within?

I truthfully don't know what you meant when you said…..tell me how do you get lost in your own truth?

I'm not lost because I don't claim that anything I know is rock solid and unable to be changed for truth at any time. I own nothing. I read and pray and let God teach me what I am able to hear. The teaching I am receiving does not align with most others and their religion but I know God has and will honor the truth unto me. TK

terraricca
    Participant

tk

Mike: Good points! Here's some more. Who named God? If God was from forever and is all inclusive and everything is in God, then there is/was no one to name God. God is self-existent. God is androgynous! God is not nameable or describable! God is,I AM! Any name placed on God would limit or box in what is/all encompassing! It seems!

God gives the name he wanted men to know so he can differentiate the true God from the false gods in existence at the time he give his name to Moses,

Now Christ as said that he ad made the name of his father known to his disciples ,but his disciples did not make this name known to us in their written words ,WHY ?

many things where not written by the apostles but given verbally,

Eph 6:21 Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you also may know how I am and what I am doing.
    Eph 6:22 I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage you.

2Th 2:5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things?

2Jn 1:12 I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.

3Jn 1:14 I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.

but what as been written is for our salvation

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2011,09:57)
    Now Christ as said that he ad made the name of his father known to his disciples ,but his disciples did not make this name known to us in their written words ,WHY ?

Pierre,

The oldest mss of the NT we have come from about 300 years AFTER Jesus walked the earth. How can you be sure that the NT writers didn't write “Jehovah”, and scribes later changed it to “Lord” and “God” because of superstitions?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 28 2011,12:12)
    Wakeup,

Were you aware that the name YHWH is in the oldest known fragments of the LXX?  It is written in Hebrew letters in the midst of the Greek text.

When Jesus read from the synagogue, how do you know he didn't read the actual name of his God?  Just because it has now been changed to “Lord” is not to say it was that way when Jesus was on earth.

Hi Mike,

What are the actual four Greek letters used in the LXX?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The Hebrew tetragrammaton is used. YHWH in Hebrew is inserted into the Greek text.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2011,10:03)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 29 2011,09:57)

Pierre,

The oldest mss of the NT we have come from about 300 years AFTER Jesus walked the earth.  How can you be sure that the NT writers didn't write “Jehovah”, and scribes later changed it to “Lord” and “God” because of superstitions?

Mike

could be

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2011,02:41)

Who named God?

God gave us the name he wanted us to remember Him by?

God is not nameable or describable!

Apparently that is not true, for He gave us His name through Moses.

All power in heaven and in earth is in the name of Jesus.

Wrong.  All authority has been GIVEN to Jesus BY his own God, Jehovah.  Jesus rules in the strength and NAME of his God, Jehovah.  (Micah 5:4)

Tim, it seems you give more honor to the creation and the servant than you do to his Creator and Master.

Mike:

Matt.28:18….Jesus said….ALL POWER IS GIVEN UNTO ME IN HEAVEN AND IN EARTH….!!

If Jesus is the Truth….he cannot lie…..and ''all'' means…”all” power that is in existence is given unto Jesus….then he said….Go ye therefore(because this is true) and teach ''all'' nations(no special called chosen ones)….baptizing them, (immersing them, washing them, cleansing them, sanctifying them, healing them, purifying them) in the name(total authority and power) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost……….!!

Here is what we are to teach…….''TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER I HAVE COMMANDED YOU…..!!

We have the same calling as the original twelve disciples.

This is pretty direct to the reader, not much room to analyze!

Once again I follow Jesus as he leads me to the truth in God. He says God is his Father and mine. I am an adopted son of God grafted into the family. I do not call my father by his legal name if he even has one! I call him father like Jesus said to pray. I am finding my way home in God through the truth of Jesus my firstborn brother of truth. Bless you, IMO, TK

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (ftk @ Dec. 30 2011,04:16)
    and ''all'' means…”all” power that is in existence is given unto Jesus

Tim,

Wouldn't you think that the One who GAVE Jesus all authority (not “power”) would have more than him?

1 Cor 15:27
    For he “has put everything under his feet.”

You'd also think that “everything” means “EVERY SINGLE THING IN EXISTENCE”, right?

But Paul explains further:
    Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

See Tim? We must use our brains in situations like this. Everything, EXCEPT FOR THE GOD WHO IS OVER JESUS AT ALL TIMES, has been put under him. Likewise, all authority, EXCEPT FOR THE EVEN GREATER AUTHORITY HIS GOD HAS, has been given to Jesus.

I am happy to hear that you realize you are a brother to Jesus and a son to God.

peace,
    mike

ftk
    Participant

Mike:

………[Wouldn't you think that the One who GAVE Jesus all authority (not “power”) would have more than him?]…..
    I think the “power” and “authority'' given to mankind is for here, in the Earth realm!! Matthew disagree with you, he says “all power” is given to Jesus and Jesus delegated it to all who are washed by truth of God to pure minds! When all the untruth/dark blockages are removed the light of God is the core of his creation. We are perfect in creation but lies and untruth block the truth which is the light.

The word translated as “power” in Matt.28:18… is the Grk.word..”exousia” which means:

..ability..privilege..force..capacity..control..jurisdiction..liberty..right..strength…&
    #33; Matt.9:6…the son of man hath power [on earth]to forgive sin…[in fact if we don't forgive others sin, we cannot be forgiven]…V8…when the multitude saw it they marvelled, and glorified [God] which had given such power unto men…!

It is interesting to me that you would focus on the word singled out…”power”…and create an argument as to whether it is an equal power to God or a lesser power to God. God doesn't give spirit with limitation! Authority to use “power” is just as important as having the power! Having all power means nothing without authorized access to the power. In Matt.28:19..Jesus is delegating the power and authority to everyone who is immersed in spirit truth, which is the authority of the father, son and Holy Ghost!

My friend, in this earth realm created for man and given to man by God I believe a human being has “all power” and God is bound in the Earth realm, by his own gift to man. God can only rule the earth through a human being. Hence the reason for prayer. If not invited or requested by a human I believe the scriptures support the fact that God cannot act, in the Earth, on behalf of a human being without his authorization.

Mike I respect you and your knowledge of God. When you say things like…..[See Tim? We must use our brains in situations like this.]…. it is degrading to me. If possible lets learn together without feeling the need to step on, denounce or degrade the others ideas or abilities. Thanks, much love to you! TK

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account