Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 11 2011,09:39)
    Jesus is not himself the Holy Spirit, he has these Seven Spirits with POWERS (HORNS), that does not make HIMSELF those Spirits.

So Gene,

Who is it in Revelation that has EYES of fire? Jesus? The Holy Spirit? Or the seven spirits of God?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2011,01:31)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,21:28)
    1) The term “flame of fire” is not isolated to Jesus, the common denominator here is the “HolySpirit. (see Heb.1:7)

Is the Holy Spirit ever said to have EYES of fire, Ed?  YES or NO?

It's the “HolySpirit” that gives eyes as a “flame of fire”. (Heb.12:29)

2) A “sharp sword” refers to “the Word” of God spoken as a weapon.
        Again this term is not isolated to Jesus, but instead the common denominator is the “HolySpirit”. (see Isaiah 49:2)

If the “sharp sword” IS the Holy Spirit, then “the Word of God” in 19:13 is a being who isn't the Holy Spirit itself, but who has the Holy Spirit coming out of his mouth.  Do you agree?

The Word was with God and was God, and proceeds out of the mouth of God.

3) Once again this term, “rod of iron”, is not isolated to Jesus,
        but instead the common denominator is the “HolySpirit”. (see Psalm 110:2)

Ps 110:2 is about Jesus, not the Holy Spirit.  Do you agree?

No

What you consider as conclusive proof, only supports what I have been telling you.
    You now are beginning to see evidence that you have never considered before, and so be it!

While I do appreciate the DIRECT way you've answered my questions this time, none of what you said changes “the Word of God” in 19:13 from Jesus to the Holy Spirit.  In fact, you've quoted Ps 110, which is CLEARLY about David's Lord, Jesus, and have tried to make it be about the Holy Spirit.  ???

Please answer these three bolded questions in the same direct manner you answer the last three.

peace,
    mike

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 12 2011,08:24)

“God is a consuming fire.”  ???  Where does that say, “It is the Holy Spirit that gives eyes as a flame of fire”?  ???

Ed, if the Holy Spirit GIVES eyes of fire, then the Holy Spirit is not what HAS eyes of fire.  In Revelation, there is one who HAS eyes of fire.  He is listed as “the Son of God” and “the Word of God”.
    Can you scripturally refute this?

So Revelation 1:16 and 2:16 refer to God, not Jesus?  Or perhaps you will now claim that Jesus IS God?  ???

No

Matthew 22
    43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’?

Jesus disagrees with you.  Jesus says that David was speaking ABOUT the Christ BY the Holy Spirit.  You say David was speaking ABOUT the Holy Spirit.  Hmmm………..who to believe?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 13 2011,03:16)

“God is a consuming fire.”  ???  Where does that say, “It is the Holy Spirit that gives eyes as a flame of fire”?  ???

Ed, if the Holy Spirit GIVES eyes of fire, then the Holy Spirit is not what HAS eyes of fire.  In Revelation, there is one who HAS eyes of fire.  He is listed as “the Son of God” and “the Word of God”.
    Can you scripturally refute this?

So Revelation 1:16 and 2:16 refer to God, not Jesus?  Or perhaps you will now claim that Jesus IS God?  ???

No

Matthew 22
    43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’?

Jesus disagrees with you.  Jesus says that David was speaking ABOUT the Christ BY the Holy Spirit.  You say David was speaking ABOUT the Holy Spirit.  Hmmm………..who to believe?

Hi Mike,

I would expect Jesus to have eye's like his Father. (Rev.19:12)
    The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion:
    rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. (Psalms 110:2)
    He hath made my mouth like a “sharp sword” (Is.49:2)

God bless

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 29 2011,03:01)
    Hi All,

John 1:3
    Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

This verse speaks of the Word mentioned in John 1:1.  Through the Word, ALL THINGS were made, and without the Word, NOTHING was made.

Hebrews 1:2
    but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

The word translated as “universe” is really the Greek word “aeon”, which means the “ages”.  But the word is definitely PLURAL, and therefore refers to MORE THAN ONE age.  So at the very least, God has created MORE THAN ONE age THROUGH His Son, right?

Colossians 1
    13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.

I started at verse 13, just so we are all clear that it is God's Son who is being described in the next verses.  But we want to focus our attention on verse 16.  Verse 16 tells us exactly WHAT was created through God's Son.  It tells us that ALL THINGS were created through God's Son.  It goes on to emphasize that this “ALL THINGS” includes the things in heaven, the things on earth, visible things, invisible things, etc.  And then after the emphasis, as if to drive the point home, Paul REPEATS the words “ALL THINGS” once more.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

This scripture speaks of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  And it tells us once again that ALL THINGS came THROUGH him.  

To sum up:

1.  ALL things were made through the Word, and without HIM, nothing at all was made.  (John 1:3)

2.  The ages were made through God's Son.  (Hebrews 1:2)

3.  ALL things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, were created through God's Son.  (Colossians 1:16)

4.  ALL things came through our Lord, Jesus Christ.  (1 Corinthians 8:6)

I see this as undeniable proof that the Word IS God's Son, who IS our Lord, Jesus Christ – through whom ALL THINGS were created.

peace,
    mike

Hi GeneB.

I agree with you, accept for one thing.
    The word was then not called his son,but his word,only after the word was made flesh,only then was he called his son.
    And also the son of David,the son of man,the son of God.
    I am of the root of David.Rev 22.
    The man(flesh) was his son.That man only has seen God,he was in heaven with God,before he was made flesh.And now is he in heaven sitting next to The father,his name is Jesus,but he will be given a new name In rev 19. Lord of Lords,King of kings,THE WORD OF GOD.

John16:27.—And have believed,that I CAME OUT FROM GOD.
    VERSE28.I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER.—
    (Gods word came out of God).

Thank you Gene for your great interest in these things.God bless.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 27 2011,04:50)
    Hi GeneB.

You are incorrectly attributing work I did to Gene.

The word was then not called his son,but his word,only after the word was made flesh,only then was he called his son.

Who had glory alongside his God before the world was created?  (John 17:5)  I believe Ps 2:7 and Proverbs 30:4 to be referring to the Word of God, who was already God's Son and Spokesman long before he became flesh.

Wakeup, I've read comments from you where it seems you believe the Word of God to be God Himself.  Is this correct?  Do you believe that God Himself became flesh?  Or do you suppose the Word is God's Son, who God sent into the world?

That's what my post was about, after all.  If all things were said to have been created through “The Word”, “The Son of God” and through “Our Lord Jesus Christ”, then it stands to reason that they are all one and the same, and therefore all “The Son of God”.

Respectfully,

Mike (not Gene)

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 28 2011,02:13)

Hi GeneB.

Who had glory alongside his God before the world was created?  (John 17:5)  I believe Ps 2:7 and Proverbs 30:4 to be referring to the Word of God, who was already God's Son and Spokesman long before he became flesh.

Wakeup, I've read comments from you where it seems you believe the Word of God to be God Himself.  Is this correct?  Do you believe that God Himself became flesh?  Or do you suppose the Word is God's Son, who God sent into the world?

That's what my post was about, after all.  If all things were said to have been created through “The Word”, “The Son of God” and through “Our Lord Jesus Christ”, then it stands to reason that they are all one and the same, and therefore all “The Son of God”.

Respectfully,

Mike  (not Gene)

Hi geneB.

The word that was made flesh(Jesus) is now called the son of God,before he was made flesh; he is the word of God.And this man Jesus is now made spirit and sit next to his father.And his brethren,(us) will also be made spirit as he is; he is the first fruit of the dead, we in christ will follow, at the resurection.

When Jesus was on earth,preaching the word,God speaking through him,God continues giving the angels orders in heaven.
    He even spoke to those at his baptism''This is my beloved son”–you see God speaking on earth and also in heaven,
    It does not mean that God does not speak to the angels in heaven,because his word is speaking on earth.

I am doing my best to explain this.

Since God is yesterday today and tomorrow, he already knew his son from the beginning, before the world was.

But since we are in the time zone,we only know that Jesus was born 2000yrs ago,that was the time when the word was made flesh;Lived 33yrs and was crucified;died(dead for real).
    His father woke him up in a new body.

He also knew us before we are born.(God is yesterday today and tomorrow.)

You seem to be very interested in this, you will find the truth.

peace to you.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 27 2011,10:30)
    Hi geneB.

Not only can't you get my name right, after I just explained to you who I was, but you didn't even address my point. ???

Wakeup,

1. Were all things created through the Word of God? YES or NO?

2. Were all things created through the Son of God? YES or NO?

3. Were all things created through our Lord Jesus Christ? YES or NO?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup?

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi GeneB.

Respectfully,

Mike  (not Gene)

Hi Mike b.

There is only one God,and with him(inside him )is his word,and his word is truth.(the spirit of truth:Holyspirit)
    God can make his word manifest into anything; sample: the tree of life in the mids of the garden,that is his word manyfest in a tree of life.
    Melchisedeck: The rock in the days of Moses: the opening of the sea,by the word: the birth of a baby named Jesus; is when that same word was changed into flesh. Even the flesh is still the word. He is now in a spirit body,he is still the word.What ever God has translated his word into; he is still the word.
    I can not get any clearer than this.

God bless.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Wakeup……….I believe God and His word are one and the same thing, They (ARE) Spirit and This Spirit was (IN) the man Jesus and can be in anyone GOD Puts (IT) IN> Jesus never preexisted his berth on this earth as a sentinel being , that is not to say he was not in the plan of God sense the original creation . It was God plan all along to perfect mankind in his Son of by a begetting process of his spirit. This is what John meant When he said “For His “SEED” abides (IN) you, and again when he said “NOW” are we the SONS of GOD>

Remember where it say “man shall not live by bread along but by every “WORD” that proceeds from the (MOUTH of GOD), that shall a man LIVE BY”. Jesus said that himself and He Lived by the Word of GOD and overcame by (IT). But notice he did not say man would live by His (JESUS') Words But GODS Words so who is the Word?, GOD (IS) his own words, Just as we are ours unless we are obeying GOD WORD as Jesus was, Jesus is NOT the WORD, GOD the FATHER IS and a those WORD were (IN) Jesus BY the Anointing He recieved From GOD the FATHER. Just that simple nothing complicated about it , no Morphing of angels or Gods or anything else , Just the FATHER' LOGOS coming to be (IN) the FLESH MAN Jesus, and can be just equally in you and me and anyone else God is calling and dealing with. It was GOD (IN) Jesus reconciling the world to “HIMSELF” God the Father get all the Glory for His Work even His work (IN) and Through Jesus> IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 06 2012,07:38)

Hi GeneB.

Respectfully,

Mike  (not Gene)

Hi Mike b.

There is only one God,and with him(inside him )is his word,and his word is truth.(the spirit of truth:Holyspirit)
    God can make his word manifest into anything; sample: the tree of life in the mids of the garden,that is his word manyfest in a tree of life.
    Melchisedeck: The rock in the days of Moses: the opening of the sea,by the word: the birth of a baby named Jesus; is when that same word was changed into flesh. Even the flesh  is still the word. He is now in a spirit body,he is still the word.What ever God has translated his word into; he is still the word.
    I can not get any clearer than this.

God bless.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup,

I was hoping you'd directly address my points instead of posting your entire understanding.  By addressing my points, you will then be able to figure out if your understanding is even scriptural.

I've made them big and bold for easy access to your eyes.  Will you DIRECTLY address them now?

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Mike B.

sorry to take so long to respond; I love questions.
    This is how we learn.
    I have just explained it to EDJ,and I will explain it to you.

The word was God, the word is inside him.
    same with your word is inside you,but you are in charge,your word is not in charge. You decide what to say,not your word.
    Your word can not do anything without you.agree?
    If there was no you, then your word does not exist.agree?

Lets say you are a great king,and you send your rep. to another country with your word(message),and your message was not honoured in that country,this means that it did not honour you the king.agree?

same with God ; he as God has send his rep. to another country and it is not honoured.
    But Gods rep. is special,he is a mystery to this world even today still.

His rep. is the word itself changed into flesh;by commanding(word spoken) the womb to conceive.
    and the word came out of that woman in the flesh; he is a man,he also was sucking his mothers breast,and the rest.
    But still, he is the word of God, that always has been with God from the beginning; only now he is flesh.

Since he is flesh and blood and bone,and a person; he has an ID. And his name is called Jesus,son of man,of the root of david.But God is his father because he is born by the will of the father(God)not by the will of man.

This man was resurected and given a spirit body and given all authority,and power,and sitting on the right side: But dont forget,he is still the word of God before he was changed, and still is.Since God has given him all power and authority,now he can act on his own; he does not have to ask his father,because his father trust him.And his new name is the word of God,king of kings,Lord of Lords.He will be in charge of his 1000yr kingdom,for a 1000yrs,then he will hand it to his father.

NO GOD = NO WORD. NO WORD= NO HOLY SPIRIT
    NO GOD NO NOTHING. EVERYTHING IS FRAMED BY THE WORD OF GOD.

The tree of life in the garden; is the word of God in the form of a tree: Even you see a tree standing; it is still the word of God.

God bless.

wakeup.

thank you Mike B

wakeup.

dew
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2012,16:41)
    Hi Mike B.

This is how we learn.

same with your word is inside you,but you are in charge,your word is not in charge. You decide what to say,not your word.

Lets say you are a great king,and you send your rep. to another country with your word(message),and your message was not honoured in that country,this means that it did not honour you the king.agree?

same with God ; he as God has send his rep. to another country and it is not honoured.

His rep. is the word itself changed into flesh;by commanding(word spoken) the womb to conceive.
    and the word came out of that woman in the flesh; he is a man,he also was sucking his mothers breast,and the rest.
    But still, he is the word of God, that always has been with God from the beginning; only now he is flesh.

Since he is flesh and blood and bone,and a person; he has an ID. And his name is called Jesus,son of man,of the root of david.But God is his father because he is born by the will of the father(God)not by the will of man.

This man was resurected and given a spirit body and given all authority,and power,and sitting on the right side: But dont forget,he is still the word of God before he was changed, and still is.Since God has given him all power and authority,now he can act on his own; he does not have to ask his father,because his father trust him.And his new name is the word of God,king of kings,Lord of Lords.He will be in charge of his 1000yr kingdom,for a 1000yrs,then he will hand it to his father.

The tree of life in the garden; is the word of God in the form of a tree: Even you see a tree standing;  it is still the word of God.

God bless.

wakeup.

thank you Mike B

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup and Amen.  
    So what do you think then is the Holy Spirit?

dew
    Participant

Jesus spoke with the power and authority of the Father.

God was spirit, the Son was spirit.
    Together they worked in the spirit.
    The Son on His own didn't have the NECESSARY Power.
    However WITH the Father, He Had Power and Authority.
    “And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee”

When Jesus said “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”
    It was the only way Jesus could die, otherwise the Father wouldn't have allowed it.

But then, through love, God raised Him from the dead – the only one ever raised SPIRITUALLY in this way.

Therefore He was Begotten for eternity.
    Their love is eternal.
    Jesus' Power has extended throughout the world.
    He is gathering people for His eternal kingdom.
    Others like Him, but because Jesus was the firstborn for the kingdom,  He will always hold a special place with God.  Which is why it says He is seated at God's Right Hand.

If you're going to come down on me about anything wrong I have writen (in your opinion),  then please understand I'm only new to the Bible.
    Thankyou.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike B.

This is how we learn.

The tree of life in the garden; is the word of God in the form of a tree: Even you see a tree standing;  it is still the word of God.

God bless.

wakeup.

thank you Mike B

wakeup.

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 08 2012,15:37)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 24 2011,19:21)

Wake-up said:

My word is me,and your word is you.

I don't get it, you say…   “My word is me, and your word is you”  
    …then why wouldn't God's word also be God as John 1:1 says it is?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi EDj.

I did say that the word was God as in john1:1.
    And the word was God.

greetings .
    wakeup.

Hi Wake,

Now that you agree with me: “God's word is God”,
    why would you add to God's word by saying
    God's word is also someone else?

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (dew @ Jan. 08 2012,18:06)

Hi Mike B.

This is how we learn.

God bless.

wakeup.

thank you Mike B

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup and Amen.  

dew……….Welcome to the site and IMO you have it right brother. Dew it gets pretty tough here at time but you can definitely grow and learn and share your understandings to us all.

peace and love to you and your…………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Wakeup,

Perhaps I'm not being clear enough.  Will you please DIRECTLY address the points I've made bold in my previous post?

terraricca
    Participant

dew

the holy spirit ;is the will and power of God into the fulfillment of his word.

Pierre

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 07 2012,02:56)
    Wakeup……….I believe God and His word are one and the same thing, They (ARE) Spirit and This Spirit was (IN) the man Jesus and can be in anyone GOD Puts (IT) IN>  Jesus never preexisted his berth on this earth as a sentinel being , that is not to say he was not in the plan of God sense the original creation . It was God plan all along to perfect mankind in his Son of by a begetting process of his spirit.  This is what John meant When he said “For His “SEED” abides (IN) you, and again when he said “NOW” are we the SONS of GOD>

Remember where it say “man shall not live by bread along but by every “WORD” that proceeds from the (MOUTH of GOD), that shall a man LIVE BY”. Jesus said that himself and He Lived by the Word of GOD and overcame by (IT). But notice he did not say man would live by His (JESUS') Words But GODS Words so who is the Word?,  GOD (IS) his own words, Just as we are ours unless we are obeying GOD WORD as Jesus was,  Jesus is NOT the WORD, GOD the FATHER IS and a those WORD were (IN) Jesus BY the Anointing He recieved From GOD the FATHER. Just that simple nothing complicated about it , no Morphing of angels or Gods or anything else , Just the FATHER' LOGOS coming to be (IN) the FLESH MAN Jesus, and can be just equally in you and me and anyone else God is calling and dealing with.  It was GOD (IN) Jesus reconciling the world to “HIMSELF” God the Father get all the Glory for His Work even His work (IN) and Through Jesus> IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………………….gene

Hi MikeB.

Please rad rev19:13.

peace.

wakeup.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account