Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

1Co 14:15
    What should I do? 1 I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing praises with my spirit, but I will also sing praises with my mind.

What does this mean, Gene?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke……….Right because it is the Spiirt that causes the Mind to think and do those things one can not exist without the other, if you were void of Spirit (intellect), then you would just be a Zombie, Know nothing . It is the spirit that gives us cognizance of Knowledge creating out intellects we have in us. Paul is simple showing that one goes with the other. If you understood what Spirit was you could easily understand that. Or have you forgotten where it say ” WHAT KNOWS A MAN SAVE or EXCEPT THE SPIRIT THAT IS (IN) HIM”. Just that simple.

Piece milling scriptures only serves to increase yours and others confusion Mike. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

It seems to me that Paul is listing his spirit as something OTHER THAN his mind/intellect.

Is this perhaps another use of “spirit” that doesn't fit into your “one size fits all” understanding? ??

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke……….sorry your ignorance prevents you from understanding what Paul is saying , but then again that seems to be your confused mentality. Perhaps this will help you>

1 Cor 2:11 ….> For who of men has known the things of man except the spirit of man which is in him ? thus the things of God knows no one except the Spirit of God.

lets read the rest to futher drive the point home , Vers 12…..> But “we” have recieved, not the spirit (intellect) of the world , but the Spirit (intellect) which is of (from) God, (Now notice MIke), that we may “KNOW” (that takes place in our minds Mike), the things which have been freely given to us of or from GOD; vers 13….> which also we speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, communicating spiritual things by spiritual means. verse 14…..> But the natural man does not recieve the things of the Spirit of God. for they are folly to him; (like your stupid icons show) and he cannot “KNOW” then because they are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED; verse 15…> but the spiritual discern all things, and “HE” is discerned of no one vers 16….> For who ha known the mind of the LORD< who shall instruct him? But But “we” have the (MIND) of Christ

Mike those scriptures could answer a lot of you confusions even the lack of your understand of what a “SPIRITUAL BODY” Is . IMO

peace and love …………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

How does Paul pray with BOTH his spirit AND his mind? If his spirit represents his (INTELLECT), then what does his mind represent?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike……….The Mind is what the Spirit effects giving it its cog-nativity another words it (INTELLECT) residing in it. The are one and the same. “LET THIS MIND BE (in) YOU THAT WAS ALSO (in) CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD”> Paul say “with my body i serve the law of sin and death, but with my mind the spirit. Get it the mind and Spirit are connected , the Spirit supplies the (INTELLECT) of the Mind rather from the world or from GOD. The mind is simply the container of Spirits. And when you speak you bring forth what is already (IN) that container by the spirits in it. As i have told you before “your biggest stumbling block here is you have, no idea what Spirit really is” , but you are not alone that is for sure. IMO

peace and love…………………………………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

You say “they are one and the same”. You say “they are connected”.

If that is true, then it makes no sense that Paul prayed BOTH with his mind AND with his spirit.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 09 2011,14:36)
    It seems to me that Paul is listing his spirit as something OTHER THAN his mind/intellect.

Is this perhaps another use of “spirit” that doesn't fit into your “one size fits all” understanding?  ??

Hi Mike! This is what Georg and I believe also….Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 09 2011,15:57)
    MIke……….Right because it is the Spiirt that causes the Mind to think and do those things one can not exist without the other, if you were void of Spirit (intellect), then you would just be a Zombie, Know nothing . It is the spirit that gives us cognizance of Knowledge creating out intellects we have in us. Paul is simple showing that one goes with the other. If you understood what Spirit was you could easily understand that. Or have you forgotten where it say ” WHAT KNOWS A MAN SAVE or EXCEPT THE SPIRIT THAT IS (IN) HIM”. Just that simple.

Piece milling scriptures only serves to increase yours and others confusion Mike. IMO

peace and love………………………………………….gene

gene

1Co 14:15
    What should I do? 1 I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind. I will sing praises with my spirit, but I will also sing praises with my mind.

would not his spirit be his soul ?

and his mind his full physical abilities ?

I would say yes on both question what you say ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca………….The minds is indeed part of the Soul it is the function of the brain, which we call out minds,  but it can do nothing by it self it is totally dependent upon the Spirit (intelligence) that has bee loaded into it, this intelligence given by the Spirit is stored in the cells of our Physical brains or minds,  So we could say the mind is part of the soul (physical functioning part of us) but without the Spiirt you would have no knowledge in that mind what so ever.

So Paul could say he Prays with his mind and also with the spirit, because both are a function of his brain The Spirit is the (Intellect) stored in the brain cells.

1 Cor 2:11….>For who of men has (KNOWN) the things of man “EXCEPT THE SPIRIT OF MAN” which is “IN HIM”>  thus ( or in the same way) no one know the thing of GOD except the spirit of God.

Now when the Spiirt of God is given (INTO) us we also “KNOW” the thing of GOD,  GOD can load some his Spirit (INTELLECT) into us, giving us some of his knowledge and understandings. This is the CHRISTOS or the Anointing of GOD which is given Jesus and the Saints also.

Paul prayed with his mind and yes with  Spirit also they are connected in our bodies. Spirit imparts the INTELLECT to the PHYSICAL MIND, we start loading Spirit into us right after we are born our brain start storing the spirit information in its cells and can be recalled by us when needed.  

The good thing about this is we can all be changed by receiving into us a   ” NEW SPIRIT” GOD can remove our Wrong Spirit s and give us right one and this changes our thinking and corrects our behavior.  I know that flies in the face of “free wheelers” because they like to believe they save themselves by the so-Called ” FREE WILLS” , but none the less it is God who cleanses us and Changes our Hearts and Minds from within us by his POWER to replace spirits and that changes us all. PRAISE AND GLORY TO THE god OF ALL creation HE CAN SAVE US ALL. IMO

Peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 12 2011,08:23)
    Terricca………….The minds is indeed part of the Soul it is the function of the brain, which we call out minds,  but it can do nothing by it self it is totally dependent upon the Spirit (intelligence) that has bee loaded into it, this intelligence given by the Spirit is stored in the cells of our Physical brains or minds,  So we could say the mind is part of the soul (physical functioning part of us) but without the Spiirt you would have no knowledge in that mind what so ever.

So Paul could say he Prays with his mind and also with the spirit, because both are a function of his brain The Spirit is the (Intellect) stored in the brain cells.

1 Cor 2:11….>For who of men has (KNOWN) the things of man “EXCEPT THE SPIRIT OF MAN” which is “IN HIM”>  thus ( or in the same way) no one know the thing of GOD except the spirit of God.

Now when the Spiirt of God is given (INTO) us we also “KNOW” the thing of GOD,  GOD can load some his Spirit (INTELLECT) into us, giving us some of his knowledge and understandings. This is the CHRISTOS or the Anointing of GOD which is given Jesus and the Saints also.

Paul prayed with his mind and yes with  Spirit also they are connected in our bodies. Spirit imparts the INTELLECT to the PHYSICAL MIND, we start loading Spirit into us right after we are born our brain start storing the spirit information in its cells and can be recalled by us when needed.  

The good thing about this is we can all be changed by receiving into us a   ” NEW SPIRIT” GOD can remove our Wrong Spirit s and give us right one and this changes our thinking and corrects our behavior.  I know that flies in the face of “free wheelers” because they like to believe they save themselves by the so-Called ” FREE WILLS” , but none the less it is God who cleanses us and Changes our Hearts and Minds from within us by his POWER to replace spirits and that changes us all. PRAISE AND GLORY TO THE god OF ALL creation HE CAN SAVE US ALL. IMO

gene

so brain,mind,spirit ,soul ,is all but the same thing ??

if so why Paul makes a difference ??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 10 2011,20:28)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 09 2011,14:36)

Hi Mike!  This is what Georg and I believe also….Irene

Then I am in good company on this one.  :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 12 2011,01:35)

gene

Tericca…………..Because the Spirit is (IN) a man or a living soul, that does not make the Spirit (In) Him or it the same thing as his or its soul . His soul functions by the (INTELLECT) given it by Spirit residing (IN) its Soul. A soul can Die but a Spirit cannot die. The Soul is You and the Spirit is what is (IN YOU) guiding your thoughts. The soul and the Spirit are not the same thing.  The spirit can be separated from your soul or replaced with a New one but you soul can not be and it can die.

Therefore Paul say i pray with my mine But i also pray with my Spirit , and other word you can not pray without both because the Mind is guided by the Spirit in it. IMO

peace and love……………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 13 2011,07:17)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 12 2011,01:35)

gene

Tericca…………..Because the Spirit is (IN) a man or a living soul, that does not make the Spirit (In) Him or it the same thing as his or its soul . His soul functions by the (INTELLECT) given it by Spirit residing (IN) its Soul. A soul can Die but a Spirit cannot die. The Soul is You and the Spirit is what is (IN YOU) guiding your thoughts. The soul and the Spirit are not the same thing.  The spirit can be separated from your soul or replaced with a New one but you soul can not be and it can die.

Therefore Paul say i pray with my mine But i also pray with my Spirit , and other word you can not pray without both because the Mind is guided by the Spirit in it. IMO

peace and love……………………………………..gene

gene

you would not believe Christ if he would face you ,

you do not believe Paul either,scriptures don't mean a thing ,only your understanding of your world as per gene.

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….So say you in your ignorance, in fact it is you who seems to not understand what scripture is really saying and unable to address a simple subject without stupid snide remarks, when you don't have the understand to explain what your rendition of scriptures are. You and your buddy Mike make a good pair. You really have not changed much sense you started here have you , your were an accuser of the brethren then and still are. You think by say something stupid or accusing someone makes you right, when in fact it only shows your ignorance and stupidity. IMO

Peace and love …………………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Back to the topic of the thread:

1. ALL things were made through the Word, and without HIM, nothing at all was made. (John 1:3)

2. The ages were made through God's Son. (Hebrews 1:2)

3. ALL things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, were created through God's Son. (Colossians 1:16)

4. ALL things came through our Lord, Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 8:6)

I see this as undeniable proof that the Word IS God's Son, who IS our Lord, Jesus Christ – through whom ALL THINGS were created.

Gene, do you agree with these scriptures?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………You can say or force text all you want to, but the bottom line is GOD ALONE and BY HIMSELF Created  everything that exists, and it was not through or any other being.

Isa 44:24 …..> Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer; and he that formed you from the womb,  I am the LORD that makes (ALL) things that stretches forth the heaven (ALONE); that spreads abroad the earth by (MYSELF)  

This fits my understand of who did what and if he did it alone and by himself I don't need to force this text to meet any dogmas or false teachings and i do not let any one or others scripture destory these scripture and what they say MIKE.  I could add many scripture that also agree with this but what good would it do?,  You just have to believe the way you do and in time we shall all find out if that is right or not IMO

peace and love…………………………..gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 13 2011,21:07)
    ……and it was not through or any other being.

Actually Gene, the scriptures that say “through Jesus” are right there in front of your eyes.  Did you not see them?  ???

How am I “forcing the text” by posting exactly what the scripture says?  ???

But let's take Hebrews 1:2 for starters.  It says that God created the worlds through His Son.  Do you believe these scriptural words or not?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………No because i have explained to you before the word “through” is translated all kind of way in scriptures it can just as easily be translated (FOR) or (because of) or for the (Purpose of) or (for the sake of) and true scripture can not contradict scripture . So let start with Isa 44:24 and see if you can get that GOD created anything THROUGH anyone out of that. The Hebrew words there do not have 70 or so different meanings as the predisposed Trinitarian and Preexistences translators used to try to force the text to meet their dogmas trying to separate Jesus from his true human identity, as you and other preexistences do. IMO

peace and love……………………………………………………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Right you are Gene! It was “because of” or through Jesus' crucifixion that God made the ages.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account