Is this proof that Jesus IS the Word?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 437 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Psalm 2
    7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD:

He said to me, “You are my Son”…………..Ask of me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance…………..You will rule them with an iron scepter

Revelation 19
    his name is the Word of God…………………Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”

Are the same words about ruling with an iron sceptor said about the Son of God in Psalm 2 and about the Word of God in Rev 19?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Revelation 19
    …………his name is the Word of God…………………On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
    KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 17
    the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings

Do these two verses say the Word of God is hte Lord of lords and King of kings and also that the Lamb is the Lord of lords and King of kings?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,12:25)
    Revelation 17
    The ten horns you saw are ten kings…………..who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast…………….They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Revelation 19
    I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True……….and his name is the Word of God………………..Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army.
    Ed, in 17 we are told that the beast and the kings will make war against the Lamb of God.  In 19 we are told tht the beast and the kings make war against the Word of God.

Is this a true assessement?  Don't veer off into other directions just yet.  Just stick with this one point, okay?  Is it true that the beast and the kings are said to make war against the Lamb and are later said to make war against the Word of God?

Hi Mike,

Rev 17:12-14 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet;
    but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind,
    and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them:
    for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree,
    and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. (Rev 17:17)

Jesus overcomes them in Rev.17:14 and God's words are fulfilled
    when “The Word”(HolySpirit) takes both the beast and the false prophet
    throwing them both in the lake of fire in Rev.19:20 and slays the kings in Rev.19:21.

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies,
    gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. (Rev.19:19)

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him,
    with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.
    These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
    And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,
    which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. (Rev 19:20-21)

Do you believe that Rev.19 is just a repeat of Rev.17?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,12:33)
    Psalm 2

and I will make the nations your inheritance…………..You will rule them with an iron scepter

Revelation 19
    his name is the Word of God…………………Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”

Are the same words about ruling with an iron sceptor said about the Son of God in Psalm 2 and about the Word of God in Rev 19?

Hi Mike,

You are leaving two very important pieces of the puzzle out of your presentation.

Psalm 110:1-2 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand,
    until I(YHVH) make thine enemies thy footstool.
    The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion:
    rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. (Psalms 110:1-2)

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers:
    even as I(Jesus) received (the HolySpirit) of my Father. (Rev.2:26-27)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 21 2011,22:24)

Hi Ed,

17 tells what is about to happen, and 19 describes it as it is happening (in the revelation), including the results. But yes, they both speak of the same beast and the same kings of the earth who make war with the same person: The Lamb/Word of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 21 2011,22:31)

Psalm 2

Revelation 19

Hi Mike,

You are leaving two very important pieces of the puzzle out of your presentation.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers:

God bless
    Ed J

Ed,

I asked a very SIMPLE question. The answer is either YES or NO. (Actually, the answer is obviously YES, for the scriptures are right there in front of you.)

But you can't answer a direct question with a direct answer, Ed. And that is why I finally give up on knocking my head against a brick “Ed” wall.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 25 2011,02:19)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 21 2011,22:24)

Hi Ed,

17 tells what is about to happen, and 19 describes it as it is happening (in the revelation), including the results.  But yes, they both speak of the same beast and the same kings of the earth who make war with the same person:  The Lamb/Word of God.

Hi Mike,

Do you believe the HolySpirit is taking the war to the kings of the earth?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No Ed. I believe what the scriptures actually say: The Lamb/Word of God and his followers do battle against the beast, the kings of the earth, and their followers.

I see NOTHING about God's Holy Spirit doing battle against ANYONE.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 22 2011,15:31)

Psalm 2

Revelation 19

Hi Mike,

God bless

ED j………….You have posted it right the same thing given Jesus is also given all who overcome. They are Joint Heirs with Jesus and one of his many brothers.

The work of Trinitarians and Preexistence here try desperately to
    separate Jesus from our human Identity. Their work is a work of SEPARATION   And they will recieve what they preach in the end. IMO

peace and love………………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2011,10:22)
    No Ed.  I believe what the scriptures actually say:  The Lamb/Word of God and his followers do battle against the beast, the kings of the earth, and their followers.

Hi Mike,

Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his HolySpirit: therefore
    he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

God bless

Pastry
    Participant

Ed! You have avoided questions Mike wants you to answer. You also misrepresent those Scriptures…

You give Scriptures that have nothing to do with John 1 at all… like Isaiah 63…. and ignore all other Scriptures that plainly say it is Jesus who is The Word of God, and not Gods Holy Spirit….
    Verse 14 says that The Word of God is the only begotten of the Father…. that is not Gods Holy Spirit…. besides how did Gods Holy Spirit become flesh? It didn't…. but Jesus did….

And The Word of God will smite the nations of the earth, how can Gods Holy Spirit do that by itself? It can't…. It takes Jesus to do so….and He will one day… probably sooner then we think….

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession.

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Does this sound familiar?

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

God never became flesh, Gods Holy Spirit never became flesh, but JESUS DID……John 1:14

Peace Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Irene,

“The Word” is the HolySpirit; do these verses all shown together help to show you?

the glory as of the only begotten of the Father (John 1:14)
          compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. (Romans 8:18)

The Word of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. (Hebrews 7:28)

1Pet.1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
    incorruptible, by “The Word” of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Of his own will begat he us with “The Word” of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (James 1:18)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 26 2011,08:37)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 26 2011,10:22)
    No Ed.  I believe what the scriptures actually say:  The Lamb/Word of God and his followers do battle against the beast, the kings of the earth, and their followers.

Hi Mike,

Isaiah 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his HolySpirit: therefore
    he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.

God bless

Yes Ed. They rebelled and grieve God's Spirit, and so then GOD became their enemy and fought against them. Not the Holy Spirit.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Irene, I wouldn't bother if I were you. Ed believes that the Word of God is the Holy Spirit of God which is really God Himself. Therefore, in Ed's mind, God Himself became flesh, and for some odd reason, had the glory of – NOT HIMSELF – but of an only begotten of Himself. ???

He cannot give any good reason for God having – NOT HIS OWN GLORY – but the glory of someone that came FROM Him.

Nor will he address my DIRECT questions and points, (as you've pointed out to him).

Debating this with Ed has turned out to be a lesson in futility for me. Because, when it's all said and done, it will not matter how much time you spend or how many scriptures you show him………………his mind is already made up and will not be changed.

Save your breath, Irene.

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

It's only a matter of time before you as well as others begin to see the big picture. :)

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ,
    both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained
    an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of  him(YHVH)  who worketh all things after
    the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of  his glory,  who first trusted in Christ.
    13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard  “The Word”  of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also
    after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that  HolySpirit  of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption
    of the purchased possession, unto the praise of  his glory.  (Eph.1:10-14)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed, if you think it is normal for the glory of GOD HIMSELF to be described as “the glory of the only begotten FROM the Father”, then it doesn't really matter how BIG your picture is, because it is definitely out of focus. :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 27 2011,10:05)
    Hi Irene,

“The Word” is the HolySpirit; do these verses all shown together help to show you?

God bless

ED j……………..Good Post your doing a good Job of relating Jesus to our “Exact Identity” Brother. Keep up the good work. Many have moved themselves away from Jesus in there teaching and they will recieve in the end what they have preached. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,09:09)

Hi Irene,

God bless

ED j……………..Good Post your doing a good Job of relating Jesus to our “Exact Identity” Brother. Keep up the good work. Many have moved themselves away from Jesus in there teaching and they will recieve in the end what they have preached. IMO

gene /ED

for two year we try to show you and Ed that the holy spirit is not the Word= John 1-1 but Christ

we have given you all the scriptures but deny all of them,

so you have not progressed in truth ,in the words of God ,why is that ???

same for EDJ why ????

Pastry
    Participant

Mike and Pierre! All I can add to what you have said is that when God shows us somethings, that does not mean everyone will see it…. that of course is unfortunately so….
    To think that The Word of God is the Holy Spirit is not according to any Scripture….
    And it explains it so nicely in
    Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Who else but Jesus fits this description? No one else……..Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 28 2011,02:09)

Hi Irene,

God bless

Hi Gene,

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren,
    that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God,
    to make reconciliation for the sins of the people (See Lev.25:49). (Hebrews 2:17)

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account