Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 24 2011,21:01)

Hi Mike:

Let's see what the scriptures state relative to this:

Hi Marty,

I didn't see the long passage you posted as saying anything other than what I just told you.  The last Adam BECAME a life giving SPIRIT. (Verse 45)

Nor did you highlight any part of the passage or make any notes about it.  So, try again, and this time tell me which EXACT words in that passage say that Jesus is still a HUMAN BEING in heaven.

No, the scriptures do not make this distinction.  The first Adam was made a living soul and the last Adam was made a life giving spirit.  Last Adam, Mike, still Adam which is man, but his spirit of holiness has given life to his soul.

Wrong Marty.  He WAS man.  That was BEFORE he WAS MADE a life giving SPIRIT.

Romans 1:3concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was made of the seed of David according to the flesh,

4and was declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of holiness by the resurrection from the dead,

Marty, read the part I underlined.  What do you suppose that part means?  If Jesus began his existence as flesh, and then died as flesh, and is still flesh in heaven, then what does Paul mean by “according to the flesh”?  What other nature could he be “according to”, if he never was anything BUT flesh?  ???

I already showed you what was meant by this.  He received the revelation of the gospel directly from God through the Lord, and not through any of the disciples before him.

No, what you've showed me is your ability to read things into the scripture that aren't there in order to continue your fantasy that Jesus is the only HUMAN BEING floating around in heaven.  Marty, just READ the words that are there, and DON'T add your own thoughts into it.  Paul says he DID received his gospel from Jesus Christ.  And he says he DIDN'T receive it from any man.  Ergo, Jesus Christ is NOT a man.

Don't add your own pre-conceived notions into the scriptures, and you'll do better at understanding them.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I did not receive my gospel from any man, but from Pat.

Marty, do you think of “Pat” as a man or a woman when you read those green words?

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Aug. 20 2011,09:06)
    Why does God mention the word man in 1 Timothy 2 at all except to emphasize that Jesus in his role of mediator is a man?

I think I have to agree here.

It was the fact that Jesus was a man that enabled him to save man by in effect becoming the second Adam. As it says elsewhere, all in Adam will die, all in Christ shall live.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Galatians 1
    1 Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father

T8, was Paul sent by MAN? Yes or No?
    Was Paul sent by Jesus? Yes or No?

12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Did Paul receive his gospel from any MAN? Yes or No?
    Did he receive it from Jesus Christ? Yes or No?

1 Corinthians
    45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

Is the last Adam still a human being? Or did he become a spirit?

50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God……..

Do you suppose Jesus has inherited the Kingdom of God? Can he do that if he is a human being?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. The fact that Jesus DID experience humanity makes him a better mediator for us. He doesn't have to REMAIN human in order to remember being human at one time.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I don't see a conflict with what I said and what you said Mike.

I simply agreed that Jesus as a man is what and who God saved us with.
    If Jesus didn't have to become a man, then why didn't he show up as a spiritual being.

I think that he partook of the flesh to do what the first Adam was suppose to do and as a man he was able to fulfill and redeem men back to God.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 20 2011,00:05)

I simply agreed that Jesus as a man is what and who God saved us with.
    If Jesus didn't have to become a man, then why didn't he show up as a spiritual being.

I think that he partook of the flesh to do what the first Adam was suppose to do and as a man he was able to fulfill and redeem men back to God.

t8

quite right ,yes so true

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 19 2011,00:05)

Kerwin claimed that Jesus is STILL a human being in heaven as our mediator.

You agreed with him.

I was trying to show you that Jesus WAS a human being, but is one no longer.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 20 2011,09:30)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 19 2011,00:05)

Kerwin claimed that Jesus is STILL a human being in heaven as our mediator.

You agreed with him.

I was trying to show you that Jesus WAS a human being, but is one no longer.

REVELATION CH 22:16.
    I JESUS HAVE SENT MY ANGELTO TESTIFY UNTO YOU THESE THINGS IN THE CHURCHES.I AM THE ROOT AND THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID,AND THE MORNING STAR.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup?

And what does “morning star” mean in scripture?

Participant

“Still a man but with an immortal body.”

Act 7:54 ¶ When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with [their] teeth.  

Act 7:55   But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  

Act 7:56   And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Love  in   Christ,
    Marty

seekingtruth
    Participant

I agree with Marty, Jesus has an immortal body as we will after the Resurrection.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 25 2011,16:30)

Act 7:54 ¶ When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with [their] teeth.  

Act 7:55   But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,  

Act 7:56   And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Love  in   Christ,
    Marty

marty

what Stephen looked at was it a dream reality how do you know ??

is their a opening in the sky that zips open ,then is God a man as well because Christ is standing at the right hand of God ??

was Christ size like ?? and God size like ??

yeah ,please

Pierre

Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 25 2011,13:22)

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 25 2011,16:30)

Love  in   Christ,
    Marty

marty

what Stephen looked at was it a dream reality how do you know ??

is their a opening in the sky that zips open ,then is God a man as well because Christ is standing at the right hand of God ??

was Christ size like ?? and God size like ??

yeah ,please

Pierre

What does the scripture state?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (seekingtruth @ Dec. 24 2011,20:01)
    I agree with Marty, Jesus has an immortal body as we will after the Resurrection.

And is it a HUMAN BEING body, Wm?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Mike,
    No. The body of a human being is the one sowed, an immortal body will be the one reaped. However the point I think you're after is, I do believe scripture teaches our new bodies will have a flesh and bone component although it will be defined by it's spiritual portion.

My opinion – Wm

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I hope not, Wm. Because flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Mike I agree, a being dominated by the flesh (and it's desires) cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.

My opinion – Wm

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nor can blood inherit God's Kingdom, Wm.

Blood is said to be the “life” of human being. Without flesh and blood, we can no longer be called “human beings”.

I believe Jesus has inherited God's Kingdom, since he is the one God put in charge of running it for the time being. I believe, therefore, that Jesus can no longer be of the species called “human being”.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Aug. 01 2011,21:40)
    Kerwin: You are absolutely correct!! If you see Jesus you have seen the father. How can they say, show us the father? TK

He is the express IMAGE OF THE FATHER.But not the father.

the fullness of the father dwelt in him.

If the holy spirit is in us; does not mean we become the holy spirit.If Jesus is in us, does not mean we become Jesus.

The father is in Jesus,Jesus did not become the father.

My word come out of me, my word is me but I i am in charge of my word; My word can not tell me what to say: I tell my word what to say.

Only God can give us understanding.

peace to all, we are learning.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 26 2011,07:41)
    Only God can give us understanding.

peace to all, we are learning.

Amen.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account