Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Yes MB,
    He is no longer flesh.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

He is no longer a human being.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    What defines a human being?

Wakeup
    Participant

MikeB.

REV22:16.I JESUS HAVE SEND MINEANGEL TO TESTIFY UNTO YOU THESE THINGS IN THE CHURCHES.
    I AM THE ROOT AND THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID,AND THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR.

HE WAS THE ORD MADE FLESH OF THE ROOT OF DAVID.
    NOW RESURRECTED BY HIS FATHER AND MADE TO SIT NEXT TO HIM.

NOW HE DOES NOT HAVE TO ASK GOD FIRST TO DO ANYTHING. FOR HE HAS BEEN GIVEN ALL AUTHORITY,IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH.

IF YOU -SPEAK- GODS WORD IN YOUR LIVETIME; YOU ALSO WILL BE RESURRECTED,AND GIVEN SOME AUTHORITY.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Wakeup,

What does that have to do with whether or not Jesus is a human being in heaven? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 09 2012,19:39)
    Hi MB,
    What defines a human being?

Well, flesh for one thing. Have you even known of a human being who didn't have flesh, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    True
    These matters are not of deep importance are they?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2012,03:55)
    Hi t8,
    Yahshua usually referred to himself as the Son of Man[adam]
    He highlighted his human origins.
    One of us.

That includes when he spoke of the final days

Mt25.31
    ” When the Son of man comes in his glory…  The King will…”

Paul discussed the nature of bodies distinguishing FLESH from glorious powerful heavenly bodies in 1Cor 15 36f

Thanks Nick.

I looked up the word used for man and it was 'anthropos'.

I guess there is no scripture that Jesus is the son of Adam anywhere.

So it appears that Jesus is not adam in Heaven, but anthropos in Heaven.

Just defining what we all mean by Jesus being a human being in Heaven.

My guess is that anthropos can include the heavenly body whereas 'adam' is exclusively flesh.

So when we say Jesus is a man or human being in Heaven, we probably need to be more clear as a person could assume that what is meant is that Jesus is a flesh and blood being in Heaven.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2012,15:40)
    Hi ST,
    No his blood was all lost on calvary even unto water.
    His life was no longer in the blood but by the Spirit.

I agree his life is by the spirit, but He told us that it included flesh and bones, after He was raised.

Wm

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 09 2012,00:45)
    Hi ST,
    He had to fulfill the prophecy of the sign of Jonah.

Jesus died on what to us is Wed. evening near sunset the very time that the lamb was slain for Passover. For the Israelites one day changed to another at sunset so Jesus was dead for 24 hours of Thursday (annual Sabbath), 24 hours of Friday (prepared the spices and waited for the 3 day “seal” to expire), and 24 hours of Saturday (the weekly Sabbath), the resurrection occurred what for us would be Saturday evening near sunset. This had Jesus dead at the 3 days and 3 nights just as He had proclaimed as the only sign to be given. So I agree He had to fulfill the prophecy of the sign of Jonah. But what does that have to do with there not being anything in scriptures to prevent flesh and bone from entering heaven.

My opinion – Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    Jonah died and was raised to life again.
    Different to the first resurrection unto a new body

Marlin1
    Participant

t8,

God made us man and that is what we will always be.  We will always be man in heaven or on earth.

II COR 5:1 † For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

This flesh and blood that we have is fallen, it is evil.  Nothing can be done to save it.  It can not inherit the kingdom, but those of us in Christ, He has another house ready for us to move into.  We were created man and we will always be man.

Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Mike,

Hi Marlin,

The KJV translates as “no man”, but it is the Greek word “oudeis”, which really means “no one” – which is how the rest of the translations render it.

GREEK LEXICON — STRONG'S NUMBER 3762
    Click here to view all verses that use this Greek word.
     3762  »      oudeis    {oo-dice'} including feminine oudemia {oo-dem-ee'-ah}  and neuter ouden {oo-den'}   oujdeivß    from 3761 and 1520; TDNT — omitted,omitted; pron

AV  — no man (84)
        — nothing (54)
        — none (27)
        — no (22)
        — neither any man (2)
        — misc (8) [197]
    1) no one, nothing

Strongs says,  Definition: not even one (man, woman, or thing)   i.e  none, nobody, nothing.

So the truth is that KJV got it correct, the meaning being no body. And being that Jesus was able to open the 7 seals and He is a PERSON confirms this.

Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Mike, I couldn't find your topic “For Wakeup”

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 11 2012,00:57)
    Mike, I couldn't find your topic “For Wakeup”

Marlin

look in “truth and tradition” title

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 09 2012,21:36)
    So it appears that Jesus is not adam in Heaven, but anthropos in Heaven.

Hi t8,

The Greek word “anthropos” refers to a “human being”. There is another Greek word that distinguishes male from female. Jesus is called by that word after he was raised, but never by “anthropos”.

Don't forget that 1 Cor 15 says “the anthropos FROM heaven”. It does not say “the anthropos who is IN heaven”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    1Tim2.5
    “For there is one God and one mediator also between God and men, the MAN[444] Jesus Christ”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 09 2012,21:13)
    Hi MB,
    True
    These matters are not of deep importance are they?

Probably not, Nick.  In due time, we'll all know the current makeup of Jesus.

I guess it is a pet peave of mine when the whole world agrees on some grandfathered in doctrine that the scriptures don't even teach.

I've believed some myself in the past.  For example, there is no scripture saying God is from everlasting.  I believe He is, but there is no scripture saying it.  The Hebrew words used refer to “time indefinite”, or “ancient times”.  But things like that bug me for some reason.  It bugs me when people say, “THE BIBLE SAYS God has existed from eternity”, because it really doesn't say that.  It bugs me when people think Jesus is still a human being dwelling alongside God, because scripture is clear that is not the case.  It bugs me when people insist there is but one God – literally – when scripture speaks of many gods in heaven and on earth.

I'm just trying to get us all speaking according to scriptures.  And trust me, I've adjusted many of my old views because of others who have shown me how my view didn't align with scripture.

Will the outcome of this debate have any bearing on who gets life and who gets destruction?  Like you, I doubt it.  But why not speak according to the scriptures in all things anyway.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2012,14:46)
    Hi MB,
    1Tim2.5
    “For there is one God and one mediator also between God and men, the MAN[444] Jesus Christ”

Read the OP of this thread, Nick. I've addressed that scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The role of Mediator still is that of the man Jesus Christ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 10 2012,00:21)
    Strongs says, Definition: not even one (man, woman, or thing) i.e none, nobody, nothing.

So the truth is that KJV got it correct, the meaning being no body. And being that Jesus was able to open the 7 seals and He is a PERSON confirms this.

Hi Marlin,

My point is that it is talking about a PERSON, like you said. But God is a PERSON, and not a man. The angels are PERSONS, and not human beings.

So the meaning is that no PERSON, except for the Lamb, was able to open the scroll.

The meaning is NOT that no HUMAN BEING/MEMBER OF MANKIND was able to open it.

The KJV shouldn't have put “man”, because the gathering was of angels, who are not men. (Really, if Jesus was the ONLY man in heaven, then of course no MAN except for him could open the scroll. :) )

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account