Is Jesus still a man in heaven?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes, and until that time, the kingdoms of this earth have been given into the hand of the god of this world.

The prayer is that God's will be done on earth eventually, as it is done in heaven right now. That time is not yet upon us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Given to?
    The light is never overcome.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The kingdoms of the earth have been given to Satan.  That's how he was able to offer them to Jesus.  (Luke 4:6)

This has nothing to do with darkness overcoming light.  It has to do with the way God has done things.  Satan didn't TAKE these from his God – they were given into his hands for the time being.

(Edited to change “Satan did” to “Satan didn't”)

Marlin1
    Participant

first God can not bless you if you do not have anything ;this is true,so TO HAVE SOMETHING MEANS THAT YOU SEARCH HIM IN THE SCRIPTURES (HIS WORDS NOT YOURS )

THEN TROUGH HIS SPIRIT LIKE THE WIND COMES AND GOES HE WILL GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING BUT ONLY IF YOU FILL THE SECOND RULE;YOU HAVE TO LOVE HIM AND HIS SON ;NOW IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEAN ;TO LOVE HIM AND HIS SON ,THEN ,THEN MAY GOD BLESS YOU,

Pierre

NO my friend that is not correct.  You could have a photographic memory and be just as lost. You could put the scriptures together from front to back and still have it wrong. Paul did and he explains it.

PHILIPPIANS 3:4 † Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
    5 † Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
    6 † Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
    7 † But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

He counted it all for loss, for he new that without the Spirit in him, he could not see the truth.
    Jesus said, Unless you be BORN AGAIN, you can not understand scripture.

Here is what I see in the people of God today.  I see us all believing that the scriptures teach a certain thing and we use the bible to prove that we are correct.  And most of us believe it a little different then the next guy, sometimes alot different.  
    DO YOU AGREE?

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 07 2012,19:24)

first God can not bless you if you do not have anything ;this is true,so TO HAVE SOMETHING MEANS THAT YOU SEARCH HIM IN THE SCRIPTURES (HIS WORDS NOT YOURS )

THEN TROUGH HIS SPIRIT LIKE THE WIND COMES AND GOES HE WILL GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING BUT ONLY IF YOU FILL THE SECOND RULE;YOU HAVE TO LOVE HIM AND HIS SON ;NOW IF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEAN ;TO LOVE HIM AND HIS SON ,THEN ,THEN MAY GOD BLESS YOU,

Pierre

NO my friend that is not correct.  You could have a photographic memory and be just as lost. You could put the scriptures together from front to back and still have it wrong. Paul did and he explains it.

PHILIPPIANS 3:4 † Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
    5 † Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
    6 † Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

He counted it all for loss, for he new that without the Spirit in him, he could not see the truth.

Here is what I see in the people of God today.  I see us all believing that the scriptures teach a certain thing and we use the bible to prove that we are correct.  And most of us believe it a little different then the next guy, sometimes alot different.  
    DO YOU AGREE?

Marlin

Marlin

NO my friend that is not correct.

and you quote me that scripture about Paul ?? why do you not show all of what he says;
    Phil 3:8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ
    Phil 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.
    Phil 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
    Phil 3:11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

it seems you only read one word in five ,and one verse in four and you say you love God ??many says Christ will call that they have done many things for him but he will denied them why ??? you think ??

I you really love someone do you not look to find out all about them ? I do ,

and this is not about me or you it is about how we love God because that is what will save us.

so I stand on what I said because it is true.

Pierre

Marlin1
    Participant

Pierre,

That was my point exactly and my question that you didn't answer, we use the same bible to prove two difference things. That is the way it is with the people of God today.

Do you agree?

Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 07 2012,21:35)
    Pierre,

That was my point exactly and my question that you didn't answer,  we use the same bible to prove two difference things.  That is the way it is with the people of God today.  

Do you agree?

Marlin

Marlin

Do now understand what a deceiver does,?

Only tells alfe of the story and then give you his conclude opinion,

Is that the truth of God??? I don,t think so

Do you understand my answer to your question ?

Pierre

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 07 2012,12:24)

Pierre

DO YOU AGREE?

Marlin

MARLIN1.

CAN YOU TELL ME;? What IS THE FLESH OF CHRIST FOR US TO EAT? (john 6:53–56.).

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Marlin1:

I need an answer from you Marlin.
    because this is the trent here; just avoid questions they dont like. Just go to next page.

wakeup.

Marlin1
    Participant

Pierre my friend,

The difference is that you have learned yours by reading and studying the bible and other mans writings.  Even though the scriptures tell you not to.  
    PROVERBS 3:5 † Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

I have followed God's provided way.
    AMOS 3:7 † Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

MALACHI 4:5 † Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
    6 † And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

REVELATION 10:7
    »     7     †     But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

As for me and my house we will serve the LORD in His only provided way.

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin1
    Participant

Wakeup,

That Flesh is the Word,  not the bible, The WORD.
    Jesus said that my kingdom shall be built on true revelation and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So a person could study the bible for a life time and still be lost.  Just like the Pharisee's and the Scribe's.

Jesus also said, Unless you be born again by the Holy Ghost, you will never see, understand the kingdom of heaven, you will be deceived, PERIOD.

God has a provided way and very few there be that will take it.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes M,
    Those who are born of the WORD can be upbuilt by the Word.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 08 2012,14:21)
    Wakeup,

That Flesh is the Word,  not the bible, The WORD.
    Jesus said that my kingdom shall be built on true revelation and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So a person could study the bible for a life time and still be lost.  Just like the Pharisee's and the Scribe's.

Jesus also said, Unless you be born again by the Holy Ghost, you will never see, understand the kingdom of heaven, you will be deceived, PERIOD.

God has a provided way and very few there be that will take it.

God Bless
    Marlin

marlin

you can say many things but in this quote it is wakeup that is true,
    and you are going in opinions that you build believing you have received understanding ,you may have understanding but outside of scriptures and this type of understanding a true christian does not look for,it is of the world not of God,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 07 2012,19:24)

Pierre

5 † Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an HebrewPHILIPPIANS 3:4 † Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:  of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

DO YOU AGREE?

Marlin

marlin1

DO YOU AGREE?

Marlin

so in your opinion we all have it wrong right ?

tell me this ARE THE WRITTEN SCRIPTURES OF TODAY AT THE LEAST SOME TRUE TO THE WRITTEN COPY ON HAND FROM Greek AND Hebrew ORIGINAL COPIES.???

Pierre

Marlin1
    Participant

so in your opinion we all have it wrong right ?

tell me this ARE THE WRITTEN SCRIPTURES OF TODAY AT THE LEAST SOME TRUE TO THE WRITTEN COPY ON HAND FROM Greek AND Hebrew ORIGINAL COPIES.???

Pierre

Pierre, I didn't say the Word was wrong,  I said that man has always been interpreting the Word wrongly. And so it is today, just as it has been all along.

Man trying to do it on his own way, just like Cain, and not following God's provided way.

Marlin

Jodi Lee
    Participant

YES, Jesus is STILL a MAN!

1 Corinthians 15:  42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.  43  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.  44  It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  45  And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”  The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Galatians 4:22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar– 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children– 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written: “Rejoice, O barren, You who do not bear! Break forth and shout, You who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children Than she who has a husband.” 28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.

To be born of the Spirit, has to do with God’s Will, His promise!!

To receive the spiritual body is to receive the promise!

Acts 17:22  And Paul, having stood in the midst of the Areopagus, said, `Men, Athenians, in all things I perceive you as over-religious;  23  for passing through and contemplating your objects of worship, I found also an erection on which had been inscribed: To God — unknown; whom, therefore — not knowing — ye do worship, this One I announce to you.  24  `God, who did make the world, and all things in it, this One, of heaven and of earth being Lord, in temples made with hands doth not dwell,  25  neither by the hands of men is He served — needing anything, He giving to all life, and breath, and all things; 26  He made also of one blood every nation of men, to dwell upon all the face of the earth — having ordained times before appointed, and the bounds of their dwellings —  27  to seek the Lord, if perhaps they did feel after Him and find, — though, indeed, He is not far from each one of us,  28  for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.  29  `Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man;  30  the times, indeed, therefore, of the ignorance God having overlooked, doth now command all men everywhere to reform,  31  because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, by a man whom He did ordain, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.'  32  And having heard of a rising again of the dead, some, indeed, were mocking, but others said, `We will hear thee again concerning this;'

In what body was Jesus raised from the dead?
    He was raised with a flesh and bones body!

How did Jesus inherit the Kingdom of God?
    Not according to his weak mortal flesh and blood body, but according to God's Holy Spirit giving his mind strength to overcome his weak flesh.

The “spiritual body” Jesus received was according to the PROMISE, of which God had given to David,

Acts 2:31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Yes he is a man.
    But not a man of flesh.
    Flesh cannot enter the kingdom.

His flesh did not corrupt but if we follow him and we receive a new heavenly body then does he not have one?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Nick,
    When did Jesus get His new body?

1 Corinthians 15:  42  So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.  43  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.  44  It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

When does our body receive; incorruption, glory and power? According to the above scripture it's during the act of being raised it becomes a spiritual body. When was Jesus raised?

Matthew 28:6 But he is not here. He has risen from death, as he said he would. Come and see the place where his body was.

Matthew 28:7 And go quickly and tell his followers, ‘Jesus has risen from death. He is going into Galilee and will be there before you. You will see him there.’” Then the angel said, “Now I have told you.”

Mark 16:6 But the man said, “Don’t be afraid. You are looking for Jesus from Nazareth, the one who was killed on a cross. He has risen from death! He is not here. Look, here is the place they put him when he was dead.

Mark 16:14 Later, Jesus appeared to the eleven followers while they were eating. He criticized them because they had so little faith. They were stubborn and refused to believe the people who said Jesus had risen from death.

Luke 24:34 said, “The Lord really has risen from death! He appeared to Simon.”

Luke 24:6 Jesus is not here. He has risen from death. Do you remember what he said in Galilee?

What does scripture tell us about Jesus' body after He was raised?

Luke 24:39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

So what does scripture tell us that a spiritual body has – flesh and bones.

I've been trying to get someone to tell me from scripture where they get “Flesh cannot enter the kingdom”

Wm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    He was raised in his damaged mortal body which had not corrupted.

He showed them his wounds and ate food with them.

We receive a new imperishable body in the first resurrection[1cor15]
    Men receive their new body when they are taken up to meet the Lord in the air.
    I expect the same happened when Yahshua was taken up into the heavens-out of the sight of men.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Could be Nick, but I prefer to stay with what we are told in scripture. One other question, what type of bodies will we have at the marriage supper of the lamb?

Wm

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account