Is jesus god the father?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

Simply Forgiven (Dennison) believes Jesus is God Almighty, however he does not believe in the Trinity Doctrine.  This is because he believes Jesus to be God the Father Himself.

I was hoping he could show some scriptural support of this theory, one scripture at a time, so we could come to understand why he believes this way, and either support or refute his understanding with scriptures.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2011,20:45)
    Hi All,

Simply Forgiven (Dennison) believes Jesus is God Almighty, however he does not believe in the Trinity Doctrine.  This is because he believes Jesus to be God the Father Himself.

I was hoping he could show some scriptural support of this theory, one scripture at a time, so we could come to understand why he believes this way, and either support or refute his understanding with scriptures.

peace and love,
    mike

Mike

there are no scriptures to support that believe

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Pierre,

Of course there aren't.  There are MANY to refute it, as a matter of fact.  But we should give the boy a chance to defend, or at least explain how he came to this understanding, don't you think?  :)

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Hmm Lets start with John 10. :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay…………..start away. One scripture at a time, please.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

“If I am not doing the works of My Father, do not have belief in Me; But if I am doing them, then have belief in the works even if you have no belief in Me; so that you may see clearly and be certain that the Father is in Me and I am in the Father” (John 10:37-38 BBE).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, right off the bat, we can see TWO people mentioned: “I”, and “my Father”. How does this scripture teach you that the “I” and the “Father” are the same?

Even the words “the Father is in me” are a clue. If the Father, ONE PERSON, is IN “me”, then “me” is not “the Father” who is IN “me”.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2011,09:47)
    Well, right off the bat, we can see TWO people mentioned:  “I”, and “my Father”.  How does this scripture teach you that the “I” and the “Father” are the same?

Even the words “the Father is in me” are a clue.  If the Father, ONE PERSON, is IN “me”, then “me” is not “the Father” who is IN “me”.

mike

Thannn Mike you have a problem?????

You have a Father and a Son who are two different people inside one body?

well who is in the Father and who is in the Son?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
    Does Jesus pray for the disciples to also become God Almighty?  And WHO is he praying to in the first place?  ???

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

that you may see clearly and be certain that the Father is in Me and I am in the Father
    So Could I also conclude that Its obvisuly something you can see and be certain that the Father and Jesus are in the same body?
    In this case we can also see the Father correct? yes or no?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 01 2011,10:07)
    21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—
    Does Jesus pray for the disciples to also become God Almighty?  And WHO is he praying to in the first place?  ???

mike

John 17 is not part of my Proof Text.
    You SAID AND QOUTE!

one scripture at a time, so we could come to understand why he believes this way, and either support or refute his understanding with scriptures.

And Im doing Just that!

So how come you breaking your own rules mike??
    Either accept it or refute it

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

DiVeRsIoN

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Mar. 31 2011,23:10)

mike

You SAID AND QOUTE!

one scripture at a time, so we could come to understand why he believes this way, and either support or refute his understanding with scriptures.

And Im doing Just that!

Are you kidding me? Are you seriously saying that I can't also use a scripture that shows your understanding of your own scripture to be flawed and inconsistent?

Answer my questions, please.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Yes seriously beceause we havent discussed this scripture at all, and you havent anwered any of my questions.

The topic of this particular verse is that Jesus is stateing that its clearly shows the Father is in him, and that he is in the father.

So lets stick to that.  You are already diverting to another topic.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

If you wish, use the Context! Thats what this is about. sticking to this particular verse! this is what YOU WANTED!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 01 2011,23:10)

mike

You SAID AND QOUTE!

And Im doing Just that!

D

explain to us;how could Jesus glorify his father?

and how could his father be in him ?

and how could Jesus and his father be one ,even his father is in heaven and he is on the earth ?

and how could Jesus be in his father and yet the father be in a different place?

Pierre

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2011,11:04)
    D

and how could Jesus and his father be one ,even his father is in heaven and he is on the earth ?

and how could Jesus be in his father and yet the father be in a different place?

Pierre

Actually Pierre those are good questions,

(By the way I seeing your effort in trying to be nicer, and trying to be more understanding, I appreciate your effort and Im hoping you continue not to judge so quickly, but judge righteously of course)

im waiting for Mike to answer those same questions.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 02 2011,00:11)

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2011,11:04)
    D

Pierre

Actually Pierre those are good questions,

(By the way I seeing your effort in trying to be nicer, and trying to be more understanding, I appreciate your effort and Im hoping you continue not to judge so quickly, but judge righteously of course)  

im waiting for Mike to answer those same questions.

SF

thanks for your respond with kindness,

so we will both wait

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

This is very simple, D. If you are claiming “the Father is in me” is proof that Jesus IS the Father, then the fact that the statement mentions TWO should be enough.

But if you don't understand that, then the scripture that shows that the Father will also be “in us” should be enough to show you that “in me” does not mean that “me” is God Himself.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Jack and Keith,

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS? You sure didn't waste any time jumping on D's thread to post against me. Why aren't there any posts from you guys in this thread supporting me? :) Surely you guys don't think Jesus IS the Father, do you?

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account