Is jesus god the angel??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 663 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

Why does the writer of Hebrews ask “To which angel does God ever say….?”

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi D,

I've proved my case. Now, here's what YOU have to prove to show me I'm wrong:

1. Jesus is NOT a messenger of his God.
    2. Jesus is NOT a spirit being.

If you can do either, I'll be willing to go the distance. If you cannot, then it's over.

Can you prove either of these two things, D?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ April 06 2011,22:20)
    Mike Boll,

Why does the writer of Hebrews ask “To which angel does God ever say….?”

Hi Kerwin,

Well, to which one of the angels DID God say, “You are my Son”? It was Jesus, wasn't it?

Kerwin, can you prove the two points I keep repeating for D? If you can, then do so. If you can't, then Jesus is an angel of God, plain and simple.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,09:11)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2011,09:09)
    I've proved my case.  Now, here's what YOU have to prove to show me I'm wrong:

1.  Jesus is NOT a messenger of his God.
    2.  Jesus is NOT a spirit being.

If you can do either, I'll be willing to go the distance.  If you cannot, then it's over.

Can you prove either of these two things, D?

mike

My whole last post dealt with that issue mike.

and you have not proved your case.

You only posted one scripture that has neither stated that 1. that Jesus is a spirit being 2. that Jesus is solely a messenger.

so you have NOT proven that with scripture at all.

Does this count as lying?

I alread responded above

mikeboll64
    Blocked

You stated that one of your posts dealt with these issues. I have not seen these issues dealt with.

D, this is real simple:

CAN YOU PROVE THAT JESUS IS NOT A MESSENGER OF HIS GOD? YES OR NO?

CAN YOU PROVE THAT JESUS IS NOT A SPIRIT BEING? YES OR NO?

Answer those questions, D. And then it will be over.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2011,09:40)
    You stated that one of your posts dealt with these issues.  I have not seen these issues dealt with.

D, this is real simple:

CAN YOU PROVE THAT JESUS IS NOT A MESSENGER OF HIS GOD?  YES OR NO?

CAN YOU PROVE THAT JESUS IS NOT A SPIRIT BEING?  YES OR NO?

Answer those questions, D.  And then it will be over.

mike

MIKE,
    YOU HAVENT PROVEN THESE THINGS FOR ME TO REFUTE.

SO ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTIONS!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D Bye Bye, D.

kerwin
    Participant

Mike Boll,

You first point has nothing to do with proving or disproving that Jesus is an angel of God since there are some angels given other duties but serving as messengers for God.  We simply do not have many dealing with them.  The angels guarding the Garden of Eden are an example of such.  Prophets of God are messengers of God and are not angels.

As for Jesus being a spiritual being he is a resident of the Spiritual realm which makes his a citizen of the Holy Spirit.  Of course I believe you are speaking in another sense.  Scripture declares Jesus is a man in a number of places.  The question then becomes are men spiritual beings.

In addition the writer of Scripture used Psalms 8:4-5 which clearly is speaking of mankind to refer to him.

Psalms 8(KJV)

4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    5For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    6Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
    7All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
    8The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2011,09:46)
    :D  Bye Bye, D.

Cowarddddd

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Mike,
    I hope everyone see's through your cowardly ways, and your a MODERATOR? REALLY?

man, T8 dude, find a new dog, this old one has already expired.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2011,11:41)
    :D  :laugh:  :D   So Paul was saying he was welcomed as an angel of God, as if he were God Himself?   :D  :laugh:  :D

Wm, does Bill Gates have a “higher status” than a billionaire?  What if I had said “Rockefeller” or “Getty” or “Hearst”?  Did I just list people who were “higher” than billionaires?

Let me try this one:

Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Terry Bradshaw himself.

Is Terry Bradshaw in this exercise of a “higer status” than a football player?  What if the player I named was someone much lessor known?

mike

Well I'm not a Steelers fan, now if I said Welcomed me as if I were a football player, as if I were Walter Payton himself. and if I was addressing Bears fans most would see my reference to Payton as to one who is the very epitome of a great football player.

Now if you inserted a lessor player you would be insulting me.

My opinion – Wm

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,10:59)
    Mike,

Even though you are young in body, your spirit can behave maturillly.

If Mike Boll chooses to depart then let him depart.

Each of us is accountable for our own actions.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2011,10:06)

Mike,

Thats fine, I dont mind him being a coward

BUT IM TIRED of Mike's accusations that WJ, KJ, and I always are dishonest and always avoid his questions.

When he is truely being a Hypocrite!

He doesnt do what he preaches.
    He only comes after what he wants, but has no consideration for anyone else.

I have asked questions, have made points, have brough up evidence, and all mikes has to say is prove something that HE HIMSELF hasnt proven?

What a heretic.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,14:51)
    lol what a coward.

You need to prove that Jesus is an “angelic being” and you have only posted one scripture.

Even if one scripture says that he is an angel, then that is enough.

Also, when you look up the word angel, and look at its usage, then you can see that an angel is not always a small baby being who plays a harp on cloud 9.

And when some entertain angels, do you take that to mean a winged Cherub or Seraph in a temporary man-body?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2011,15:49)
    You first point has nothing to do with proving or disproving that Jesus is an angel of God since there are some angels given other duties but serving as messengers for God.  We simply do not have many dealing with them.  The angels guarding the Garden of Eden are an example of such.  Prophets of God are messengers of God and are not angels.

What about Malachi? His name means “My messenger” which is exactly the same as “My angel”.

Mal`akiy is made up of Mal`ak + iy.

Malak is the word for angel/messenger.

Also, both Jesus and John are called angels.

We are just so use to angels being from Heaven because we from Earth are the ones that need help and so God sends messengers that are usually from above.

It is like the word “theos”. When some see that, they think it must be the Most High, but that is not always the case.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 04 2011,05:00)
    Mike,
    You said yourself that the word angel simply means “Messenger”. So therefore Gal 4:14 only emphasizes that point of importance but doesnt mention that Jesus, the Son of God is a “angelic being”

Where in scripture does it say, “angelic being”?

Angels are not a race or species.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2011,15:34)

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2011,15:49)

What about Malachi? His name means “My messenger” which is exactly the same as “My angel”.

Mal`akiy is made up of Mal`ak + iy.

Malak is the word for angel/messenger.

Also, both Jesus and John are called angels.

We are just so use to angels being from Heaven because we from Earth are the ones that need help and so God sends messengers that are usually from above.

It is like the word “theos”. When some see that, they think it must be  the Most High, but that is not always the case.

I am not seeing where we are disagreeing.

Are you instead just providing further examples?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,11:22)

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2011,10:06)

Mike,

Thats fine,  I dont mind him being a coward

BUT IM TIRED of Mike's accusations that WJ, KJ, and I always are dishonest and always avoid his questions.

When he is truely being a Hypocrite!

He doesnt do what he preaches.
    He only comes after what he wants, but has no consideration for anyone else.

I have asked questions, have made points, have brough up evidence, and all mikes has to say is prove something that HE HIMSELF hasnt proven?

What a heretic.

I have learned the hard way that it is better to suffer the perceived sins of others than be drawn in to sin ourselves.  

It is God's to avenge.

Still I hope that those who insult me mature and that I grow wise enough to know the difference between a false accusation and a godly word.

One way is to persist in demonstrating to them the behavior you are convinced is godly.  Another is advise them of the way that you believe is write.  Be slow to anger and in your anger do not sin.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ April 07 2011,20:57)
    I am not seeing where we are disagreeing.

Are you instead just providing further examples?

I just assumed that you believed that angels were exclusively Seraphs and Cherubs given this statement of yours.

Prophets of God are messengers of God and are not angels.

I was pointing out that many are called angels and that it can be applied to any messenger because it is exactly the same word.

It is translators who choose to use the word 'angel' or 'messenger', from the one word 'malak'.

Still I am not to clear on your stance, so I am not necessarily disagreeing, but pointing out that even men can be called angels.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I should also say that there are scriptures or events that are quoted more than once in the bible and one says angel/angels and in another biblical book it says man/men.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 663 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account