Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,19:06)
    I am not saying that the Father and the Son make one being.

And that's the problem Kathi. You worship TWO separate BEINGS who you claim are BOTH “God Most High”.

At least the Trinitarians realized how wrong this would be and try to confusingly make their three Gods into only One, in keeping with scripture.

But not you. You don't seem to care that you have two, completely different Gods that you worship.

I can't figure out why this doesn't seem to bother you in the least. ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you said:

At least the Trinitarians realized how wrong this would be and try to confusingly make their three Gods into only One, in keeping with scripture.

The Trinitarians make their three Gods into only One…what? In your opinion…one what? One Godhead or one person?

Doesn't it bother you that you believe in One Supreme God, the Father and another that is a god, Jesus, and another that is a god, satan?

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,

“Ye are theos, ye are all sons of the Most High God.”
    The Psalmist said it, Jesus endorsed it, now it is up to you to accept that it is true, and then figure out what it means.

Tell me why you think that those that were told 'ye are theos' back in Psalms were told that and Paul and Barnabas were not told that they were theos.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,20:15)
    Doesn't it bother you that you believe in One Supreme God, the Father and another that is a god, Jesus, and another that is a god, satan?

Why would it?  That's exactly what the scriptures teach, Kathi.  ???

Psalm 8
    4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
      the son of man that you care for him?
    5 You made him a little lower than the gods
      and crowned him with glory and honor.

Proclaimer
    Participant

A different or another topic Kathi.
    But feel free to post in the right one.

The point is that they were theos.
    So with your understanding of theos, they would have to make the CUT right?

Unless they were false theos. But he didn't say that, he quoted from the Psalm.
    “Ye are theos. Ye are all sons of the Most High God.”
    And if Jesus is theos and a son, then there is nothing holding you back from including those to whom the Psalm was written and to those whom Jesus was referring to.

It didn't say, “ye are theos, ye are false” as you may want it to, (for convenience sake).
    I know that the Trinitarians here basically concluded as much.

Lightenup
    Participant

No t8, they wouldn't make the 'CUT.' Only the theos who created the heavens and the earth who always had deity nature qualify.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,21:18)
    t8,

“Ye are theos, ye are all sons of the Most High God.”
    The Psalmist said it, Jesus endorsed it, now it is up to you to accept that it is true, and then figure out what it means.

Tell me why you think that those that were told 'ye are theos' back in Psalms were told that and Paul and Barnabas were not told that they were theos.

t8,
    Go here for the appropriate thread:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….y310670

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,21:49)

Psalm 8

Because believing in more than one God/god is polytheism. We are to believe in one Jehovah God.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    The Trinitarians make their three Gods into only One…what? In your opinion…one what? One Godhead or one person?

What say you?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

They claim to have one GOD, but that one GOD is made up of three persons. It's absolute insanity. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 22 2011,21:13)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 22 2011,21:49)

Psalm 8

Because believing in more than one God/god is polytheism.  We are to believe in one Jehovah God.

So who are the “gods” that man was made a little lower than, Kathi?

Polytheism is not the belief that many mighty ones, or “gods” exist. It is the WORSHIP of more than one God. That word describes, not me, but you.

The existence of many gods is completely scriptural, Kathi. So is the worship of many gods, for many nations practiced this. But we, as part of God's chosen people, are COMMANDED to worship the Lord our God, and serve Him only. These were the words of the one you want to worship AGAINST his very own teaching. ???

Lightenup
    Participant

polytheism: The worship of or belief in more than one god. You believe in one that is God AND one that is a god, Jesus, and one that is a god, satan.

princess
    Participant

Mike

There is a difference in what one knows and what one believes, for one to know of other gods, it is not automatically assumed as some think that one believes in them. Gods are everywhere, in every culture.

It is the choice of how many gods one believes in defines polytheism. Taking two or more gods and making them one defines polytheism, having only one god defines monotheism.

Doesn't Gill have some sort of explanation on this.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi and Princess,

If one is a polytheist by merely believing in the existence of more than one god, then the Hebrews were definitely polytheists.

Moses often spoke of the gods of the other nations.  It was Moses who told of Jehovah kicking the behinds of the gods of Egypt.

David said, “I will praise you, O Jehovah, with all my heart; before the gods I will sing your praise.”  (Ps 138:1)  One commentator noted:  If this occurrence of elohim means un-gods, King David is saying something similar to, “Dear wife, I'm singing your praises in front of a bunch of prostitutes.” I believe David, the man of God, was speaking of angels here – and acknowledged them as gods.

In Psalm 82:1, Asaph said, “God stands in the assembly of el; in the midst of the gods he renders judgment.”

Who are these gods that God renders judgment upon?  Both Jehovah and Paul call Satan a god.  Are they lying?  Jehovah is the God OF gods; how can that be if there ARE no other gods for Him to be the God OF?

The scriptures are full of other gods besides Jehovah.  Paul says there are “many gods and many lords, both in heaven and on the earth”.  Many people want to put a politically correct, 21st century spin on that statement and imply that Paul was speaking of some kind of “false gods”; but that is not scripturally supported.

I believe in (am aware of the existence of) exactly as many gods as the scriptures tell me about.  I believe that for US, there is but one that we must worry about, worship, and keep pleased – the Father.

And I find it both appalling and ridiculous that the one member on HN who proudly admits her WORSHIP of TWO completely separate Gods Most High would drag me down into her polytheistic mire.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi,

Plural of majesty?

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you said:

And I find it both appalling and ridiculous that the one member on HN who proudly admits her WORSHIP of TWO completely separate Gods Most High would drag me down into her polytheistic mire.

The two and their Spirit are ONE..one in unity. Do you see how you only mentioned part of what I admit and leave off the 'are ONE' part. Don't you find that misleading? It is like quoting part of what I said and leaving out a significant part to complete the thought. You have gotten on other people's case about quoting like that and rightly so. It is misleading and gives the wrong impression. Now, if you want to say what I believe, then copy and paste my signature and do so completely and not in part.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Believing in many gods is polytheism.  Believing in and acknowledging the fact that other people 'believe in' other gods is two different things.  So, you 'acknowledge' that there are many gods, you only 'believe in' God the Father, god the Son, and god the satan.  Which still describes you as a polytheist…even if you only believe in God the Father and god the Son.

Kathi

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Kathi;
    I'm reading a different point that you wrote on the other thread. I like the unity part that you said , for to be in unity to means ' more than one ' in one accord. ty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 23 2011,21:51)

Do you see how you only mentioned part of what I admit and leave off the 'are ONE' part.  Don't you find that misleading?

MISLEADING?!?  You've GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!  YOU are the one who keeps changing your doctrine around.

Kathi, is Jesus “Jehovah God Most High the Son”?  Do you worship him?  Is the Father “Jehovah God Most High the Father”?  Do you worship Him?

If the answers to those questions are all “YES”, then YOU worship TWO completely separate Gods.  You used to boldly and proudly ADMIT this fact.  But for the last couple of weeks, you seem all coy about it.  Why?

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 23 2011,21:51)

Now, if you want to say what I believe, then copy and paste my signature and do so completely and not in part.

Your signature:  Jehovah our God is the unity of the God of gods (Jehovah,the Father) and the Lord of lords (Jehovah,the Son). Deut 10:17

Scripture:
    Matthew 11:25
    At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.

It would seem scripture conflicts with your signature, seeing how THE FATHER in not only the God of gods, but is also the Lord of heaven and earth. In your view, Jehovah the Father is the God part of the unity, while “Jehovah the Son” is the Lord part. How do you explain this contradiction, Kathi?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 23 2011,21:56)
    Mike,
    Believing in many gods is polytheism.  Believing in and acknowledging the fact that other people 'believe in' other gods is two different things.  So, you 'acknowledge' that there are many gods, you only 'believe in' God the Father, god the Son, and god the satan.  Which still describes you as a polytheist…even if you only believe in God the Father and god the Son.

Kathi

Kathi,

Call me what you want. I believe EXACTLY what the scriptures teach me. And I DO what I'm taught in the scriptures. That is why I worship only ONE God.

But if it makes you feel better about yourself to include me into your polytheistic practices, sticks and stones…………..

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account