Is God Almighty One?  Two?  Or Three?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 498 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

The Father GRANTED Jesus to have life in himself. Just as Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, granted the disciples to also have life in them and raise the dead.

The Father has GIVEN Jesus authority.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 5
    32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.

37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.

Jesus is one, and God is “another”, according to Jesus' own words.

They had never heard God's voice or seen His form, yet there they were, hearing Jesus' voice and seeing his form.

42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me;

Jesus came, not in his own name, but in the name of his God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 6
    11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

Who did Jesus “give thanks” to?

27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

Jesus surely is not the God who placed His seal of approval on him.

29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

So “God” is one, and the one God SENT is another.

33 For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

So Jesus is the bread OF God, not the God he is the bread of.

37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Is Jesus claiming to be the God who GIVES him disciples?

38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Is Jesus claiming to be the God whose will he does?

No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

Is Jesus the God he says he is FROM?

57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

This one deserves its own thread.  Is Jesus claiming to be the God who he lives because of?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 7
    16 Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17 If anyone chooses to do God’s will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

If Jesus' teaching comes from God, and he says his teaching is NOT his own, then how can he be God from whom he received his teachings?

28 Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, 29 but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”

Another case of Jesus being FROM the God who SENT him.

33 Jesus said, “I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me.

Is it not to whom Jesus called “the only true God” that he would go to?

39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

Was is not BY God, and to the glory OF God that Jesus was eventually glorified?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

Again, Jesus is ONE, and God who sent him is ANOTHER.

Which brings us to the point of this thread:

24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been claiming all along,” Jesus replied.

We have seen that Jesus NEVER claimed to be the God who sent him. Nor did he himself ever claim to be equal to that God. I do not want to die in my sins, and therefore I will believe that Jesus is exactly the one he claimed to be.

These are the claims of Jesus up to 8:25:

1. Is the Son OF God. (3:16)
    2. Was given BY God. (3:16)
    3. Was sent BY God. (3:17)
    4. Has had all things placed in his hands BY God. (3:35)
    5. Is a prophet OF God. (4:44)
    6. Can do nothing on his own. (5:19)
    7. Was granted BY God to have life in him. (5:26)
    8. Has been given authority to judge BY God. (5:27)
    9. God is someone OTHER THAN Jesus, who testifies in Jesus' favor. (5:32)
    10. The Jews had never seen God or heard His voice, although they clearly saw and heard the voice of the one God sent. (5:37)
    11. Came in the name OF his God. (5:43)
    12. Gives thanks TO his God. (6:11)
    13. Has been given the seal of approval BY his God. (6:27)
    14. Does the work OF his God, as the one his God has SENT. (6:29)
    15. Is the bread OF God. (6:33)
    16. Has been given disciples BY God. (6:37)
    17. Does the will OF his God. (6:38)
    18. Is FROM God, whom no one has ever seen. (6:46)
    19. Lives BECAUSE OF his God. (6:57)
    20. Says his teachings are not his own, but come FROM the God who sent him. (7:16-17)
    21. Is FROM the One who SENT him. (7:28-29)
    22. Will go TO the God who SENT him. (7:33)
    23. Jesus is one, and the God who SENT him is his OTHER witness. (8:18)

I STILL await that ONE SINGLE direct quote of Jesus where he himself claims to BE the God who sent him, or even equal TO that God.

peace,
    mike

thehappyman
    Participant

the answer to “what does it matter” is the truth matters.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Jack? Kathi? Dennison?

Were you guys going to show me the direct quote of Jesus where he claimed to be God Almighty or equal to Him?

thehappyman
    Participant

mike ,
    he didn't qoute it in the KJV.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nor any other translation, HM. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

God Almighty is clearly the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    He is a HIM.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus has a God like us. In fact his God is our God too.

John 20:17 (English-NIV)
    Jesus said, Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,
    `I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

Romans 15:6 (English-NIV)
    so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3 (English-NIV)
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

2 Corinthians 11:31 (English-NIV)
    The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.

Ephesians 1:3 (English-NIV)
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

Colossians 1:3 (English-NIV)
    We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

1 Peter 1:3 (English-NIV)
    Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

These scripture teach clearly that our God is the Father and the Father is also God to Jesus himself.  

Ephesians 1:17 (English-NIV)
    I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.

The last verse mentions God, Jesus, and Spirit. (God is clearly one).
    Not Father, Son, Spirit, (Trinity).
    Nor Father, Son, (Binity/Compound Unity substance).

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Kathi and Jack……………we all anxiously await your direct quotes from Jesus where he taught us that he was the God Most High.

ftk
    Participant

The question is God Almighty ONE, TWO or THREE…?

…….Is a lit candle, fire, light, or heat?…….Is a family man a father, a husband, a daddy, a provider, a teacher, a sex partner, a protector, et.al.?…… God is ONE!…. God, billions of aspects,…. ONE spirit! IMO, TK

Lightenup
    Participant

Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the bridegroom, also the redeemer, LORD of hosts and God over all.

Romans 9:5
    Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mark 12:35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? 36David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’i
    37 David himself calls him ‘Lord.’ How then can he be his son?”

So that makes two.

Lightenup
    Participant

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.  

So that makes…two.

Lightenup
    Participant

Luke 1:11 And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense. 12Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. 13But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14“You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;  and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. 16“And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God . 17“It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him  in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for  the Lord .”

The “Lord their God” here is the same one that John goes before as a forerunner…i.e. Jesus.

“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;

Jesus speaking:
    Matt 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist;  yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Lightenup
    Participant

John 1:18
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

That makes…two!

Lightenup
    Participant

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “ I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

Lightenup
    Participant

John 20:26 After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”  29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 498 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account