Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Why is it you never answer questions? Well I can't expect you to answer this after all this is another question LOL!

Not cleaning like bathing but baptism into Jesus. What does the water represent? What does the wine repersent?

When one confess with the heart does he have a good conscience? What happens when he confesses to believe Jesus? What happens when one is dunked in water?

You say we must be “born again of water”. Where does scripture say that? That which is born of the flesh is flesh that which is born of the spirit is spirit. When you come out of the water is your sinful flesh made clean?

I don't want to keep trying to convience anyone of what I'm saying. If you don't see it that way then fine does that make me more of a sinner because I believe I know what is true and I believe you are mistaken?

If you wish for me to leave just say so you don't have to try and shove me out the door. This discussion has been going on for months. I'm not going to change because you say so and you are not going to change because I say so. If it bothers you that much, and it seems too because you have brought it up yet again, and you believe I'm leading your flock astry then say the word and I'll leave. Jesus doesn't live in heaven net “HE LIVES IN MY HEART”.

Does Jesus live in heaven net for you?

What exactly is this scripture saying?
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.

Sounds like :
    Rom 10:10 for with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Faith
    repentance
    baptism

In that order one (1), two (2), three (3). This is what scripture says this is what I believe. Again Nick you don't have to try and heckle me into leaving if you wish I will leave be a man and just say so or is it you know you are wrong and don't want to look bad? OOPS another question LOL!

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    My point is that scripturally you cannot separate preaching salvation from water baptism. They are as intertwined as the soul is with the body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Water baptism is not just washing the body as we do that every day with no hidden significance.

It is a righteous demand of God that we obey and submit to, appealing to God in repentant faith for forgiveness and the washing of our inner man, the cup, to prepare that vessel to hold the Spirit of God unto eternity.

Col 2
    “11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; “

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 13 2006,02:21)
    Hi kenrch,
    Water baptism is not just washing the body as we do that every day with no hidden significance.

It is a righteous demand of God that we obey and submit to, appealing to God in repentant faith for forgiveness and the washing of our inner man, the cup, to prepare that vessel to hold the Spirit of God unto eternity.

Col 2
    “11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; “

you just refuse to answer questions. What is the water symbolic of in water baptism? What is the wine symbolic of in communion?

Where does scripture say to be born again of water? The scripture you gave in Col.2 says nothing of water.

How does water clean the inner man, Nick?

Nick you can rattle on as much as you like but you prove nothing.

If a person confess Christ then dies is he saved?

What say ye, Nick? Is the person saved or is he going to burn because he couldn't get to water? Now, you want to keep bring it up so please answer the question.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    You say
    “Where does scripture say to be born again of water?”
    Jn 3
    ” 3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?”

5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus asks about rebirth when one is old and Jesus expands the verse. It does not say we have to born again of the Spirit in verse 5 either but we have not been, and do need to be too.

God cleans the inner man through forgiveness by the blood of the Lamb. We have no control over anything God does but can humbly appeal to Him through obedience to His righteous demands.

If you have questions about what God will and will not do and you cannot find the answers in scripture then it is not wise to make presumptions about them but rather wiser to ask Him.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 13 2006,08:33)
    Hi kenrch,
    You say
    “Where does scripture say to be born again of water?”
    Jn 3
    ” 3Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born, can he?”

5Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

Nicodemus asks about rebirth when one is old and Jesus expands the verse. It does not say we have to born again of the Spirit in verse 5 either but we have not been, and do need to be too.

God cleans the inner man through forgiveness by the blood of the Lamb. We have no control over anything God does but can humbly appeal to Him through obedience to His righteous demands.

If you have questions about what God will and will not do and you cannot find the answers in scripture then it is not wise to make presumptions about them but rather wiser to ask Him.

“BORN 'AGAIN' OF WATER” Nick.  Not born of water.  Born of water goes along with “that which is born of flesh is flesh”.  

Seems as though you skipped a verse:

oh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!
    Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Why does Jesus speak of flesh right after born of water?  OOPS another question that you can't or won't answer.

God cleans the inner man through forgiveness by the blood of the Lamb.
    **Then what does the water do Nick?  What does the water repersent?**
    We have no control over anything God does “but can humbly appeal to Him through obedience to His righteous demands”.

I have said it over and over Nick we are to follow scripture but does the water save.  YOU say that “inner man forgivness'through the blood' of the lamb”

“but can humbly appeal to Him through obedience to His righteous demands”.
    Nick all we have to do is follow scripture we don't have to look for another way for salvation.

As usual you have no answers only questions in order to try and prove your doctrine.  If you will not see because of your pride then don't, but your doctrine doesn't change the word.

Again Nick if you confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour then die are you going to burn because you can't get to water?

A simple answer will do.  Don't you believe what you teach?  OOPS another question! LOL!  You won't answer that question will you Nick.  Why?  There I go again!  Look if you don't answer my simple questions about your doctrine then I'm done with this subject.  Answer the questions then we will continue otherwise I will just continue to ask the same questions over until I get an answer or you finally show the real Nick again and do what you want.  It won't be too much longer until the venom and sarcasm comes back just like it has in the past.  Right Nick?

One more thing Nick. I post on other forums all believe in the Trinity. The thing is they don't have words full of venom. They are not sarcastic or even believe they know it all but are humble as children of God should be. Makes me wonder if I was wrong about the Trinity seems they have the fruits of the Spirit, no sarcasm etc. that I see on YOUR forum. Oh not everyone, some see it as “we agree to disagree” that's how it should be until God enlightens someone and if they are not puffed up they will take instruction of the Spirit and then move on. You cannot do that. You just want to go over and over and over the same ground not getting anywhere.

kenrch
    Participant

Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!
    Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Why does Jesus speak of flesh right after born of water?  OOPS another question that you can't or won't answer.

Again Nick if you confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour then die are you going to burn because you can't get to water?

I would hang around for an answer but you don't have one, do you?   If you confess Jesus are unable to get to water are you saved? What do you teach Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    If that which you seek to know is not revealed so how can you expect someone as ignorant as me to give you an answer?

What is revealed is that the way of Jesus into the millenial kingdom is not the only means God uses to call a people to Himself. Some are saved through the sheep and goat judgement 1000 years later. We do not understand the ways of God but do our best to show what is written and to obey the commands He gives us.

The rest is over to the One who knows the heart.

“Whoever gives you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose his reward.”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 13 2006,22:21)
    Hi Kenrch,
    If that which you seek to know is not revealed so how can you expect someone as ignorant as me to give you an answer?

What is revealed is that the way of Jesus into the millenial kingdom is not the only means God uses to call a people to Himself. Some are saved through the sheep and goat judgement 1000 years later. We do not understand the ways of God but do our best to show what is written and to obey the commands He gives us.

The rest is over to the One who knows the heart.

“Whoever gives you a cup of water because you belong to me will not lose his reward.”

like I said Nick you can't answer the questions. Your words of wisdom don't answer any questions.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God!
    Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Why does Jesus speak of flesh right after born of water? OOPS another question that you can't or won't answer.

Jesus tried to make Nicodemus understand the difference between physical birth and that of spiritual birth. The reason why Israel did not recognize the visitation of their own messiah, was because they lost the ability to understand the spiritual law. They only could see that which was physical. Proof of this is in these verses.
    Israel did not see the spiritual, but only that which was physical. That is why Nicodemus did not understand about being born again in the spirit and that is why Jesus said in this verse. 10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So man must be reborn from above to see the kingdom.
    And to enter the kingdom he must be born of water and the Spirit.

No Nick.

A man must be born again. He was already born once, but squandered it away because of his love for sin. To be able to enter into the Kingdom of God, he must be reborn, renewed in the spirit. He must be reborn through the quickening spirit, Christ Jesus.

Henoch
    Participant

To be baptized means, literally, to be rinsed in water. Mystery of Baptism is a Sacrament by which the Baptised is endorsed as a child of the Holy Trinity.
    http://www.eotc-mkidusan.org/English/Dogma/index.htm

charity
    Participant

Why do men baptize after John the Baptist, Not believing that he was Elijah returned and born again of the womb?
    His feet a Second time on earth?

1Cr 15:29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?
    1Cr 15:32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

This is giving Paul a big head ach

God even sent a prophet to do the Job

And then Christ who was before John and greater with the baptism of the spirit

Vipers came that believed not and were told to go away by John
    well I guess they just are not going to take “no” for an answer, vain Faith, raising the dead that don’t even rise.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Paul was arguing for resurrection but asking why baptise if there is no resurrection of the living, which there is. It is our hope of glory and all righteousness must be fulfilled. We must not be Naaman who initially thought God's ways are folly.
    Likewise we must be reborn from above that the lifeblood of Christ can enliven and enfruit that Body we have joined.

charity
    Participant

And then just to top this off
    Thinking seen as I enjoy graveyards so much and new life

How much faith would it take to believe that John came out the grave with Christ last breath and went on the write Revelations?
    After all it was Christ Angle that wrote for him, even the same one that new him as behold the Lamb of God?

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

maybe I ………never mind

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Too much.
    The messengers often do the work of God among men.
    They gave the commandments to Moses.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2007,09:39)
    Hi charity,
    Too much.
    The messengers often do the work of God among men.
    They gave the commandments to Moses.

rodger

charity
    Participant

one more

And you know what else?

When I go to a Movie about the life of Christ?

When he dies and his spirit is yielded up nobody wants to raise the dead in the graves?

God said you will know I am God when I open your graves and bring you out of your graves and put my spirit in you

I just wana throw popcorn everywhere!!!!

Why dose nobody wants to recognize what God has done, the world doses not continue as it was from the beginning, God has been faithful in his promise to the fathers.

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Faith is not of the world.
    Religion is, but to no avail without faith and the obedience it demands.
    He will return and perhaps find no faith but power will show again by the sword of his mouth God is.
    He sends his rain at present on the good and the wicked alike so men do not see His work but that too will change.
    Men worship science and their foolish tools and when they find creation they give themselves glory.
    There will be a remnant as always.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account