Is baptism needed for salvation?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 4,344 total)
  • Author

Where does it say a man will lose his salvation if he does not get water baptism?

Here is what it says about what a man needs to enter into the kingdom of God.
    A man must be born again.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen.
    Of water and the Spirit.

Wishy washy. LOL. Love you anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    servants serve.

They are like lamp posts that stand at the corners and point in the direction they are told to point.
    Some prefer to laugh at them and mock and throw stones at them, but they keep pointing anyway.

And some never learn and jump from one doctrine to another, having itchy ears. You have agreed and then changed your mind. We do agree that a man must be born again. We do agree it is important a man recieve the baptism of water and the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Let us leave it at that. All I as is you do not teach that a man need water baptism to be saved for this is a lie. If you will agree with that we leave it at that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    All have sinned.
    None is righteous.
    Man is under the wrath of God.
    Jesus is the mediator.
    We all need forgiveness.
    There is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood.
    The blood of the Lamb has been shed.
    We must be born again into the Son.
    This is by water and the Spirit.
    Water baptism with repentance is an appeal to God for forgiveness.
    We are buried with Christ into his death in water baptism.
    The response of God is the inner cleansing with the blood of the Lamb.
    That is the ways of salvation.

Faith alone does not save.
    Repentance alone does not save
    Water baptism alone does not save.
    Spirit baptism alone does not save.

All are required by God.
    Negotiate further changes with God Himself.

There you go again. Nick. Water baptism is the symbolizm of his death. We are buried and raised with him when we are saved. The water being the grave, our dead spirit, and when we come out of the water, ut is the symbol of rebirth of the spirit, a new creature in Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So water baptism symbolises going to the grave with Christ that we may be raised with him.
    That agrees with Romans 6.
    Not something we should put off too long then?
    We are not saved when we say we are, but when the grace of God's promised forgiveness is given in response to the obedience of that walk in faith.
    And that walk is to the grave of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2006,23:54)
    Hi H,
    Why do you continue to teach beyond what is written?

Hi H,
    The holy Spirit does not speak of His own initiative but takes us back to the words of Christ, the bible. The Holy Spirit reminds us only of what is written.

So when you teach beyond scripture it is not by the Spirit of God.

Which spirit are you teaching by then?

2Jn9
    “Any one who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring his teaching, do not receive him into your house..”

Nick, if you teach things that are contrary to the word of God then how can you claim that teaching is of the Holy Spirit? For the Holy Spirit will not teach anything that is contrary to the word of God. So what spirit do you have?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    What have I taught that is not of the Word of God? I need to know so I can correct it .
    Thanks.

That if a man is not baptized by water, he is not saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I have never taught that God cannot or will not save anyone He chooses by any means He chooses.
    We know many will be saved by His mercy alone.
    Our job as servants is to follow Jesus and lead others to the same Way.
    We are His servants if we do as he tells us.
    He tells us to preach the gospel of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
    We are shown that he who believes and is baptised will be saved.
    We preach the way of Jesus shown in the books including Acts.
    The sprinkling with blood we do not see as it is of God.
    And we know it is in response to our obedience to His righteous demands.

Nick, you said in an eariler post that if a man did had to have water baptism to be saved. Now you might be fibbing. Shall we go back through the posts? All I ask is that you do not teach this again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Please go back through my posts and refresh your failing memory as what I say today I have not changed, that I can recall, but you may have misread it or grasped it wrongly.

It matters not Nick, God knows who is right and who is wrong. It would be good that you not teach that water baptism saves. If you do that, it will resolve the issue. I will stand on that it is nessessary that one recieve water baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but if one does not, they will not lose their salvation, but their fight as a believer will be very difficult, for they have not put on the full armor of the faith. If we agree on these matters, then we move forward in brotherhood.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I am not ashamed of scripture.
    Scripture says in
    1Peter 3.21
    “And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-“

And goes on to explain what this means- in the context of an appeal to God for forgiveness, a cleansing of the conscience by the blood of the Lamb.

But of course it is only also in the context of faith and repentance … which can also be said to save us likewise.

Woutlaw
    Participant

heiscomingintheclouds,

What is water baptism then? is it just an outward sign of inward grace? if it means nothing, then why would the Lord and his apostles command it?

The water baptism is telling the world, I am a new creature in Christ. I have been saved. And just as it says in Peter, it is a good conscience towards God. When we are born again, there is something that happens on the inside between the man and God and the world cannot see. When you recieve the water baptism, you are telling the world you have been changed inside and now are a new creature in Christ.

Nick, why must you be so difficult. You admitted that water baptism does not save. Now you are trying to say it does. If you are to be a teacher of men, you cannot go back and forth. You have a very loving heart. And you love teaching men and sharing the things you understand in scripture, but if the things you understand are not perfect, make them perfect. None of us are perfect and we all make judgements in error. Thank God for his Son. When I do something wrong, I am the first to admit it. It is allot easier to say I goofed up when it first happens then to wait until it festers awhile.

Please don't continue teaching this doctrine because it is not true. Water baptism does not save us. That is not so. If a person who is saved dies before getting baptized by water, he will not lose his salvation, but he could.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 4,344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account