Inference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 396 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Re Rev13
    Note the mention of 42 months in v5, the length of the great tribulation.
    The dragon is shown and this is identified as satan in Rev 12.

So I think it is a spiritual view of the influence of satan on the politics and political and religious leadership during this time.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2010,13:24)
    Hi KW,
    Spiritual language is of facts too.
    Certainly philosophical and theological approaches to these words will not bring understanding

You are stating something that you might think is in scripture but which is not.  

What is your “spiritual” understanding of what the clause “basic principles of this world” mean in Galatians 4:3,9 and Colossians 2:8,20.

It is not actually mentioned in Galatians 4:9 but I believe that is what that scripture implies it is speaking of when it states “principles”.

I am assuming since you did not answer that we agree on the definition of “infer”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You would leave your textbooks of logic behind and not attempt to search for useless inferences but search out other usage of the words in the bible and the root meanings.
    4747, 4748,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The way to understand God is not to study and analyse Him from afar but to get to know Him.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

It seems you do not believe scripture when Paul teaches that he would rather speak five words intelligible words to instruct others, 1 Corinthians 14,19.  

That should not be but it is all I can think of to explain why you are arguing that unintelligible words are better than intelligible words.

Why do you instruct people to disobey God who tells us to seek wisdom and knowledge, Proverbs 14:6 and Proverbs 15:14? Are you aware that that it what you are doing.

Why avoid my question about what the clause “basic principles of this world” means?

You need to check your heart on this as you continue to say what is not God's word and oppose what is his word.  It appears the traditions of man are hard for you to throw off.  God is able and willing to come to your aid in fighting them and they cannot resist him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Paul was speaking of the gift of tongues which is not intelligible unless you are gifted also with interpretation of tongues.
    He preferred to preach in words that all can understand so as no to cause confusion
    This has nothing to do with inference and logic.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hansan,

Though the particular item Paul was adressing the principle of intelligible conversation to is the use of tongues the principle applies to the scripture in general. Think of it this way what good is a bible to an individual who does not understand the language that bible is written in. It is useless as all it is to them is a bunch of gobly gobbledygook which is intlligible to them. If you give someone a bible then you choose to give them one they can understand so the can learn from it.

The ability to see such patterns is part of interpreting God's word and I believe it is a gift from God that each of us has in a quanity he determines is best.

I believe I was using it to point out using dictionary definition is a good thing as they aid us to understand the language used in scripture. I will not say it has nothing to do with logic or inferences because correcting understanding scriptures depends on one understanding the logic of them as well as what they may infer.

Why did Jesus infer?

Why did God infer?

Can you answer those two questions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Neither the Father nor the Son inferred anything.
    You keep trying to give glory to man and his weak and infantile intellectual tools
    There are spiritual passages that are not able to be understood without the Spirit that wrote them through men.[2Peter1]

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2010,18:22)
    Just spiritual language.

:D

This statement in itself is an inference, where is it written the Revelation 13 is “spiritual langauge” in contrast to other parts of the NT?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2010,18:31)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Re Rev13
    Note the mention of 42 months in v5, the length of the great tribulation.

Inference.

The dragon is shown and this is identified as satan in Rev 12.

Inference.

So I think it is a spiritual view of the influence of satan on the politics and political and religious leadership during this time.

Inference.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Spiritual things cannot be grasped by the carnal minds of natural men[1cor2]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..But who are you to determine who has a “Spiritual” Mind or not. Because some do not agree with you, is that the deciding factor of who is Spiritual or not Here, You seem to think only those who agree with you are “Spiritual” minded and all the rest are “CARNAL” minded, because what some say doesn't fit you perceptions of things. No one has (ALL) the Truth and Knowledge Here and that includes you also. IMO

peace and love…………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 10 2010,01:31)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    Spiritual things cannot be grasped by the carnal minds of natural men[1cor2]

That is true but it seems your are speaking about yourself.

I asked you once to give your spiritual understandings of the he clause “basic principles of this world” means and you did not answer.

I am now asking you what your spiritual understanding of what the words “spirit” and “carnal” mean.

I am asking you because I suspicion you use words you do not understand to hide in as I have spoken spiritual truths of spiritual things and you do not appear to understand.

You do not need to hide because I am aware that you are not a teacher but rather just a student of spiritual truths just like me and the others here.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    How does scripture show the meanings of these words?
    We do not first seek help from dictionaries

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 10 2010,06:06)
    Hi KW,
    How does scripture show the meanings of these words?
    We do not first seek help from dictionaries

Scripture does not give definitions for words.  It requires you to use logical reasononing guided by the Spirit of God to determine their spiritual meanings.

In Galatians 5 we are taught there are works of the spirit and works of the sinful nature.  It is my belief that the works of the sinful nature are the basic principles of this world and are also carnal in nature.

My belief is based on the facts that God is righteous and desires us to be righteous as he is righteous and thus righteousness is spiritual.  The basic principles of this world are based on sin and thus opposed to what is spiritual.

Logic and inferences are not based on the basic principles of this world but rather are structured according to the very word of God as he is the one that created the world and all that is in the world though oviously not sin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Yes you have the choice to turn first to your intellect for understanding.
    But your mind must be transformed by renewal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The mind of Christ is not troubled by spiritual matters.
    Seek it.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

I understand that you are full of fear and that fear leads you to atempt to sound mystical which you seem to call spiritual but the Spirit God should lead lead you to speak intelligibly even if only to those who are drawn by their hunger and thirst for God's righteousness.

Your words even when you seem to attempt to make them vague only speak of how they are based on the principles of this world because you choose to condemn what you don's not understand.

It is not the use of intellect that is condemnable but rather it is being led by the desires of the sinful nature that is condemnable.  

Why would you condemn a gift of the Spirit of God, 1 Corinthians 12:8 and Daniel 1:17?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Your profound psychological pronouncements are from your limited and worldly view.
    Seek the Spirit.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan,

You are confused between the psychological and the spiritual but in this case their may be some similarities though I am more informed about the later.

It is difficult for those that are in the darkness to come out into the light as their deeds will be revealed to be dark. Though it is difficult it is also needed for unrighteousness to be destroyed because unrighteousness cannot stand the light of God's truth. I beg you to come into the light as you have already startedcomming into the light even though the light may be painful at first.

I know it is painful for me to do so and I also know the rewards for doing so are great.

Dispense with the customs of man that are not in accord with a sound and valid doctrine even though you have become confortable with those traditions and instead adhere to that which is from the spirit of righteousness.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account