Imperfect church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2010,14:43)
    The Spirit of God in Christ was before Abraham.

Nick………Now that i can agree with , the Spirit that came to be (IN) Jesus at the Jordan was indeed before Abraham. But that does not mean Jesus the Man was before Abraham. Good Point brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………..gene

Elizabeth
    Participant

mike

Frankly, I don't know why you put this in here, what do these men have to do with anything?

(Men have fought and died for you to have that right to think and say whatever you want,)

Have they not done the same for you?
    What is it that you think I am justifying?
    No, I don't think mother Theresa is damned, I don't think any one is damned yet.
    Do you remember what Jesus said?

Jhn 12:3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
    Jhn 12:5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
    Jhn 12:7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.
    Jhn 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

They way I read this is, you can't help all the poor all the time. Would it impress you if I showed you a copy of my donations? would it matter to whom I have given?
    I am not some one that goes around braging, but since you try to embarrass me or whatever, let me tell you that I have taken care of my daughter with two children, and divorced, for years. We have done without so I could give to them; I hope feel are ashamed.

Georg

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2010,07:24)
    CA , you never did answer any of the things in that statement. But first let me say this, As God lives I have been Catholic from birth, I just know and thank God that no man will judge me, God himself will. I have been blessed with knowing some great priest, and cursed with knowing some mean ones. The one I have now doesn't have much compassion, he chastises people during mass openly and out loud.People have left because of him. What about them? What about the guy who was sexually abused? What about the cross veneration ? Are you ever going to stop dodgeing direct questions? It it easier to justify yourself by condemning others because they are not Catholic? What about all the secrets and rituals in the Kof C?  Answer the questions please and stop  side stepping. I left the K of C but if you want to me to prove I am Catholic I could start with telling you the “secrets” of the first degree.  Would that help? I just think that selfrightious Catholics like you give the rest of us meek and humble ones a bad name. May God forgive YOU. Godbless.

you never did answer any of the things in that statement.

Just don't have endless time and there are a lot of folks here. Sorry about that.

But first let me say this, As God lives I have been Catholic from birth, I just know and thank God that no man will judge me, God himself will.

Ultimately, yes I will not be sitting in judgment over you when the books are opened. That will be our King Jesus.

But I can “judge” what you say as being either true or false.

The one I have now doesn't have much compassion, he chastises people during mass openly and out loud.People have left because of him.

People “left” because of Jesus. But you're OK with him, right? Here's a Scripture for you to chew on:

“One of them a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slothful bellies. This testimony is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;” – Titus 1:12,13

What about them?

So you think no one should ever be offended by what is preached? Have you EVER read our history?

What about the guy who was sexually abused?

Sexual abuse is always scandalous. Removing oneself from the Eucharist is also scandalous.

What about the cross veneration ?

Go look up the word “venerate”. What about cross veneration. What is wrong?

It it easier to justify yourself by condemning others because they are not Catholic?

I do not do this.

What about all the secrets and rituals in the Kof C?

What about them? I have never been involved in that. If they are doing something heretical it should be condemned. But the KofC does not equal the Church.

I just think that selfrightious Catholics like you give the rest of us meek and humble ones a bad name.

Pointing out error and hypocrisy is not self righteousness. Please point out ONE self righteous statement I have made. Please use quotes.

May God forgive YOU.

Yes. May God forgive me. I am a sinner. I need forgiveness.

Godbless.

May God bless you as well.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2010,08:37)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 25 2010,12:42)
    Look, you may THINK you are Catholic.  But you sound an awful lot like a Protestant.

When you go and start making statements like this:

“No one can judge me.”

You prove that you have not been properly catechized.  I'm sure you don't realize it, but you are scandalous in your behavior.  You say things like:

“There are many traditions that have no basis in scripture.”

If you WERE Catholic, you would know that not all apostolic traditions are in Scripture.  (Lent for example)

To everyone else:

Either this guy is a deceiver and is NOT Catholic at all.  OR even worse, he is a CINO (Catholic in name only) and doesn't know his faith.

CA

Once upon a time you were Protestant. Do you think God judged you like you do others that are not part of the CC?

Blessings WJ

I will point you to St. Paul. Once upon a time he was the Pharisee of pharisees. He was under the law and persecuted the Church.

But he did this in ignorance and unbelief. If he had died in an unbelieving state, what would have happened to him?

Good question.

We don't know. But as I have said before, I believe God is merciful especially due to our ignorance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You speak of death as if catholicism is capable of saving folk and a place of security.
    That old barge has sacked the Captain, drawn their own maps, set their own course and is sinking fast.

Grab a lifejacket and jump while there is still time.

mikeangel
    Participant

Georg,
    Yes, and I do not mean this sarcasticly, I do feel ashamed. I am sorry for calling you out. I lived in the middle of a unique situation in my family. All of my mothers family was protestant, and my dads was catholic. I heard alot of crap flung from both sides. My moms family thought she and we were damned and stated alot of the things that you said, but also did next to nothing for anyone other than themselves or thier church. I heard the opposite from my dads family. All the while I see during this “peeing contest” that the godless have taken our laws and basicly made it against the law to affirm belief in God on any offical level. It is maddining. I did prejudged you in being one like my moms side and I was wrong. I am truely sorry. Mikeangel

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 27 2010,12:27)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2010,07:24)
    CA , you never did answer any of the things in that statement. But first let me say this, As God lives I have been Catholic from birth, I just know and thank God that no man will judge me, God himself will. I have been blessed with knowing some great priest, and cursed with knowing some mean ones. The one I have now doesn't have much compassion, he chastises people during mass openly and out loud.People have left because of him. What about them? What about the guy who was sexually abused? What about the cross veneration ? Are you ever going to stop dodgeing direct questions? It it easier to justify yourself by condemning others because they are not Catholic? What about all the secrets and rituals in the Kof C?  Answer the questions please and stop  side stepping. I left the K of C but if you want to me to prove I am Catholic I could start with telling you the “secrets” of the first degree.  Would that help? I just think that selfrightious Catholics like you give the rest of us meek and humble ones a bad name. May God forgive YOU. Godbless.

you never did answer any of the things in that statement.

Just don't have endless time and there are a lot of folks here.  Sorry about that.

But first let me say this, As God lives I have been Catholic from birth, I just know and thank God that no man will judge me, God himself will.

Ultimately, yes I will not be sitting in judgment over you when the books are opened.  That will be our King Jesus.

But I can “judge” what you say as being either true or false.

The one I have now doesn't have much compassion, he chastises people during mass openly and out loud.People have left because of him.

People “left” because of Jesus.  But you're OK with him, right?  Here's a Scripture for you to chew on:

“One of them a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are always liars, evil beasts, slothful bellies. This testimony is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;” – Titus 1:12,13

What about them?

So you think no one should ever be offended by what is preached?  Have you EVER read our history?

What about the guy who was sexually abused?

Sexual abuse is always scandalous.  Removing oneself from the Eucharist is also scandalous.

What about the cross veneration ?

Go look up the word “venerate”.  What about cross veneration.  What is wrong?

It it easier to justify yourself by condemning others because they are not Catholic?

I do not do this.

What about all the secrets and rituals in the Kof C?

What about them?  I have never been involved in that.  If they are doing something heretical it should be condemned.  But the KofC does not equal the Church.

I just think that selfrightious Catholics like you give the rest of us meek and humble ones a bad name.

Pointing out error and hypocrisy is not self righteousness.  Please point out ONE self righteous statement I have made.  Please use quotes.

May God forgive YOU.

Yes.  May God forgive me.  I am a sinner.  I need forgiveness.

Godbless.

May God bless you as well.

CA,
    You constantly make post professing a belief that RCC is the only way to achieve salvation. That is self rightious. You may not look at it that way but it is. About the cross. Can you prove that Jesus hung on any of those crosses? If you cant, then it is a lie “this is the wood of the cross on which hung the savior of the world” . Also I used the term “venerate”loosely. When you bow to something and kiss it that is worship. Also , I do not think that after (and this is not common, but it did happen) a priest screws you God will hold it against you for leaving the church. The very fact that you imply that that person is still held accountable for “leaving the eucharist” shows that you are problibly uncompassionate and judgemental. I believe that at judgement you are in for a shock. I dodn't think it is that far away. Seeya,Godbless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    There is no EUCHARIST in scripture.
    Wake up

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 01 2010,23:38)
    Georg,
    Yes, and I do not mean this sarcasticly, I do feel ashamed. I am sorry for calling you out. I lived in the middle of a unique situation in my family. All of my mothers family was protestant, and my dads was catholic. I heard alot of crap flung from both sides. My moms family thought she and we were damned and stated alot of the things that you said, but also did next to nothing for anyone other than themselves or thier church. I heard the opposite from my dads family. All the while I see during this “peeing contest” that the godless have taken our laws and basicly made it against the law to affirm belief in God on any offical level. It is maddining. I did prejudged you in being one like my moms side and I was wrong. I am truely sorry. Mikeangel

mike

Thank you for straightening this out, I understand, and no hard feelings.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 27 2010,12:30)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 26 2010,08:37)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 25 2010,12:42)
    Look, you may THINK you are Catholic.  But you sound an awful lot like a Protestant.

When you go and start making statements like this:

“No one can judge me.”

You prove that you have not been properly catechized.  I'm sure you don't realize it, but you are scandalous in your behavior.  You say things like:

“There are many traditions that have no basis in scripture.”

If you WERE Catholic, you would know that not all apostolic traditions are in Scripture.  (Lent for example)

To everyone else:

Either this guy is a deceiver and is NOT Catholic at all.  OR even worse, he is a CINO (Catholic in name only) and doesn't know his faith.

CA

Once upon a time you were Protestant. Do you think God judged you like you do others that are not part of the CC?

Blessings WJ

I will point you to St. Paul.  Once upon a time he was the Pharisee of pharisees.  He was under the law and persecuted the Church.

But he did this in ignorance and unbelief.  If he had died in an unbelieving state, what would have happened to him?

Good question.

We don't know.  But as I have said before, I believe God is merciful especially due to our ignorance.

CA
    is God not the judge of the heart of men,if so then Paul would have been judge to be true to his faith,and served God accordingly

this is why he was taken .

kerwin
    Participant

Mikeangel wrote:

The Catholic church was the first church.

Catholic means universal and was applied to differentiate the Catholic Chruch from other Christian sects of that time period.  Each sect most likely claimed the were the origional and all the rest were heretics.   The Catholic Church got more standing when they got the government of the Roman Empire to back them in the religious arguments.  That standing was even over other Christian churches that began calling themselves Catholic.

The name of a church is of some import but doctrine is of overwhelming importance and the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church is false.

mikeangel
    Participant

kerwin,
    I will not even begin to defend all the doctrines of the Catholic church, or any of the other churches. I could fill the memory of both of our computers with all the discrepancies, because man falls short all of the time, always. All we have are attempts by men to direct God's temple, which always falls short. Moses fell short, he was not even allowed to enter the promised land. The sanhedrin fell short, promoting “dogmas out of mere human precepts”. The Catholic church is no differant, but, I think it is shaky ground to say a church is “false”. Only God is holy and only he can judge, which I believe is coming very soon. That being said, Peter was told by Jesus that he would build his church on him, and he and paul were martyred in rome, and the church is literally built on him. Mind you, I'm not sayin they're perfect or have a monopoly on grace, but I will leave the judgement to God. There are wo churches that have lineage back that far. In paul's letters, he speaks of “the church” and collections for the needy in “the church”. Look in history, what organized churches other than the Catholic church and the Orthodox church trace back to Paul and Peter?

kerwin
    Participant

Mikeangel,

I believe the rock Jesus built the church on is the fact Jesus is the Anointed One and not Peter.

Even in prophecy it is stated the the word of God will go out from Jerusalem, not Rome. Isaiah 2:3 and Micah 4:2 are two examples.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2010,09:44)
    Mikeangel,

I believe the rock Jesus built the church on is the fact Jesus is the Anointed One and not Peter.

Even in prophecy it is stated the the word of God will go out from Jerusalem, not Rome.  Isaiah 2:3 and Micah 4:2 are two examples.

KW

you right it is on that rock the faith of Peter lays.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2010,09:44)
    Mikeangel,

Even in prophecy it is stated the the word of God will go out from Jerusalem, not Rome.  Isaiah 2:3 and Micah 4:2 are two examples.

Yes, the word definately went out from Jerusalem, starting there and to the world.Paul, choosen by Jesus to witness to the gentiles, started from Jerusalem and went to Rome, and witnessed to Jesus, and was martyred for it. As far as Peter goes, why does Jesus say, and this is from the NIV bible-16v17″blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” I'm not saying the church is the only way to heaven, or that it isn't imperfect, but that historically it does trace its roots back farther than any organized church that I know of, which leads me to repeat my question I asked, What other church besides the Orthodox church goes back that far? O.K. terrica, tear me up. Peace and love,(from Jesus, not any church)

mikeangel
    Participant

oops, that was Mathew 16v17.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2010,13:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2010,03:29)
    HI
    THIS IS YOUR VIEW ANY TRUE CHRISTIAN KNOWS THAT IS CHURCH IS PERFECT,SO SINSE YOUR IS IMPERFECT ,YOU ARE SUFFERING THE CONCEQUANCE OF THAT RELATIONSHIP.
    ( My point is this, no church is perfect, they are run by men and imperfect and sinful, and if you happen to be so self )

WE MAY BE SEE THINGS SLITLY DIFFERENTLY WE STILL BELIEVE THAT GOD IS OUR PRIMARY SAVIOR
    AND CHRIST THE SON OF GOD AND THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD WE KNOW THAT EACH ONE OF US WILL STAN BEFORE THE TRIBUNAL OF CHRIST ALONE WITH OUR FAITH.

WE MAY BE, NOT IN LINE YET WITH THE CHURCHE BUT OUR CHURCH IS NOT IN THIS WORLD AND IS NOT RUN BY MEN BUT BY CHRIST,

YOU JUST NOT BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR CHURCH BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT ,CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE ACCEPTED AND APPLIED FIRST.

Our church? Explain please. Conditions? I have been baptised, and I believe Jesus was God become flesh, and he sacrificed himself for my sins so I may be forgiven, and I do my best to follow his will as best as I can as I read it in his word. What other conditions do you have in mind? Godbless.

Also terricca, I am baptised, both sprinkled and later immersed, so I will repeat the question I asked you back then, What other 'conditions' besides what I have professed in that post need to be met? Godbless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Mar. 14 2010,13:56)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 26 2010,13:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 26 2010,03:29)
    HI
    THIS IS YOUR VIEW ANY TRUE CHRISTIAN KNOWS THAT IS CHURCH IS PERFECT,SO SINSE YOUR IS IMPERFECT ,YOU ARE SUFFERING THE CONCEQUANCE OF THAT RELATIONSHIP.
    ( My point is this, no church is perfect, they are run by men and imperfect and sinful, and if you happen to be so self )

WE MAY BE SEE THINGS SLITLY DIFFERENTLY WE STILL BELIEVE THAT GOD IS OUR PRIMARY SAVIOR
    AND CHRIST THE SON OF GOD AND THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD WE KNOW THAT EACH ONE OF US WILL STAN BEFORE THE TRIBUNAL OF CHRIST ALONE WITH OUR FAITH.

WE MAY BE, NOT IN LINE YET WITH THE CHURCHE BUT OUR CHURCH IS NOT IN THIS WORLD AND IS NOT RUN BY MEN BUT BY CHRIST,

YOU JUST NOT BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR CHURCH BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT ,CONDITIONS HAVE TO BE ACCEPTED AND APPLIED FIRST.

Our church? Explain please. Conditions? I have been baptised, and I believe Jesus was God become flesh, and he sacrificed himself for my sins so I may be forgiven, and I do my best to follow his will as best as I can as I read it in his word. What other conditions do you have in mind? Godbless.

Also terricca, I am baptised, both sprinkled and later immersed, so I will repeat the question I asked you back then, What other 'conditions' besides what I have professed in that post need to be met? Godbless

mikeA

first i am not your judge ,Christ is,your baptism is worthless if it is not in your heart,if you pledge a oath to God to serve him and you fail to accomplish it ,you deal with it ,not me,but if you say that you believe the word of God ,and go and preach what is not supported by the word of God ,you are a liar,not to me but to God ,but if i stumble on to it ,I can not keep silent. to something i know is false.

so your faith is yours to have before God and Christ,but you can not ,remove the relationship of men within your faith
    because it is how you deal with them that will make the difference.

ex;if you do not talk the truth about God ,it is to your fellow men you do it ,if you steal it is to your fellow men you do it,
    we can not touch God ,but we can show that we are liars in our faith, only by the way we walk.
    and be judge by God for it.

so if your faith is genuine in your heart you will be my brother,
    and i will see it in your written words.

church as nothing the do it is men made,but your heart as to belong to God,if you have the faith of Christ.

seekingtruth
    Participant

I once found a perfect church, but then I joined it and it was no longer perfect.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Mar. 13 2010,23:28)
    I once found a perfect church, but then I joined it and it was no longer perfect.

:p :D :laugh:

Very funny Wm!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account