I'm New Here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Refusal to get involved in politics is a political act, by definition.

So no matter what you do, you're political?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 07 2008,17:19)

Refusal to get involved in politics is a political act, by definition.

So no matter what you do, you're political?

When I claim to be atheist, that is a religious statement. The word atheist only exists because the word theist exists.

By the same logic, if I refuse to get involved in politics I am making a political statement. I didn't mention politics at all then I would not be.

Politics is about management of power and that is exactly what Paul was about as well.

Stuart

david
    Participant

Politics is about management of power and that is exactly what Paul was about as well.

Paul gave up all his worldly power and became a tent maker. He didn't use the political system to achieve his ends. He didn't become a politician. He wasn't against the idea that we need order or that we should obey the governments. He was for God's kingdom (governemnt) not man's. So he stayed out of that system, as did the earliest Christians as a group. They did not hold office. They did not run for office. They did not cheer or champion one leader over another. They suffered persecution and death instead. They were considered useless to the world, as one of the quotes said.
    But, this changed quickly, like gangrene, as predicted. Soon, “Christians” were killing everyone, including themselves. Jesus words were true.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 07 2008,17:29)

Paul gave up all his worldly power and became a tent maker.  He didn't use the political system to achieve his ends.  He didn't become a politician.  He wasn't against the idea that we need order or that we should obey the governments.  He was for God's kingdom (governemnt) not man's.  So he stayed out of that system, as did the earliest Christians as a group.  They did not hold office.  They did not run for office.  They did not cheer or champion one leader over another.  They suffered persecution and death instead.  They were considered useless to the world, as one of the quotes said.
    But, this changed quickly, like gangrene, as predicted.  Soon, “Christians” were killing everyone, including themselves.  Jesus words were true.

Well maybe it is a good thing if people showing signs of mental insufficiency (genuine belief in non-worldly kingdoms, electing to suffer persecution) choose to abstain from voting. Just think how different the world would be now if no christian had voted in the 2000 US presidential election.

Stuart

Is 1:18
    Participant

They would have had John Kerry as a president….*shudder*

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,19:23)
    They would have had John Kerry as a president….*shudder*

I think you mean Al Gore. That may still be shudderworthy for you, but there would not have been the quagmire that is Iraq, and the series of appaling grammatical errors and excuses for ignorance that are the unique product of the current presidency.

Stuart

Participant

It's popular to be opposed to Bush, to deprecate him, certainly the NZ media has that bent. However, I think he did the right thing by deposing Saddam, he was a megalomaniacal leader responsible for the torture and murder of many thousands of Iraqis citizens every year (i'm just tantilising you with a comparison to the God you don't believe exists here Stu, I just know it). He needed to be taken out. There will be short term pain for the country but in the long run they will be better off without their previous government. Some times leaders have to make unpopular decisions for the greater good.

Participant

…and I for one am emensely glad that the US government is not some prevaricating, toothless tiger like the UN. At least they do sometimes step up and take appropriate action when a country is is serious trouble. I just wish they would do it for more countries like North Korea and Zimbabwe….

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 07 2008,19:40)
    It's popular to be opposed to Bush, to deprecate him, certainly the NZ media has that bent. However, I think he did the right thing by deposing Saddam, he was a megalomaniacal leader responsible for the torture and murder of many thousands of Iraqis citizens every year (i'm just tantilising you with a comparison to the God you don't believe exists here Stu, I just know it). He needed to be taken out. There will be short term pain for the country but in the long run they will be better off without their previous government. Some times leaders have to make unpopular decisions for the greater good.

Why did Bush not wait for the UN resolution on Iraq? Why did Tony Blair tell lies in the British Commons about the weapons that were subsequenly not found? You say that regime change justified the invasion, and you may be right, but that was not the reason given for the invasion. Blair and Bush dragged their people into a war on a lie. How can we justify the increase in the threat of terrorism that the 'War on Terror' has caused? Where was Bush in all the other countries where murderous despots are killing their own people? How can the US be so careless as to have a presidential electoral system where the candidate with the most votes is not elected? I think the media 'bent' is actually balanced reporting! {/rant}

Stuart

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Stu……> i told you before, true faith is personal, you can't find it from others, “Have you faith have it unto yourself”, The answer to you lack of faith in GOD is simple, go Head to Head with HIM, He plainly said I am found by them that seek me. See if thats true or not give it a try, if you have the courage to try it. Why doin't you ask GOD to reveal Himself to you and see what happens. Your constant insults to people who believe in Him, proves nothing. It's proof you need and accusing others of not having their's only showes you lack of ability to get your own proof. It plainly say's ask, seek, knock, and it will be given to you, but if you doin't becaused of your preconcieved ideas, why attack others who have their proofs.

IMO……….gene

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 08 2008,04:56)
    Stu……> i told you before, true faith is personal, you can't find it from others, “Have you faith have it unto yourself”, The answer to you lack of faith in GOD is simple, go Head to Head with HIM, He plainly said I am found by them that seek me. See if thats true or not give it a try, if you have the courage to try it. Why doin't you ask GOD to reveal Himself to you and see what happens. Your constant insults to people who believe in Him, proves nothing. It's proof you need and accusing others of not having their's only showes you lack of ability to get your own proof. It plainly say's ask, seek, knock, and it will be given to you, but if you doin't becaused of your preconcieved ideas, why attack others who have their proofs.

IMO……….gene

And as I explained to you before there is no proof of the existence of any gods. If there was, then there would be no such thing as faith, would there? You are one of those making the extrordinary claim that there is a fantasy world in which you can find an all-powerful deity, yet there is no evidence (and I don't mean proof, I just mean evidence) that there is any such thing at all. I think your recipe for finding a deity is possibly similar to the one for hypnosis. Can you explain it better than that?

Stuart

praying-4-you
    Participant

This site is amazing!  I went back to the very first post that I posted on the 4th and I am amazed as to what has transpired.

Here is what I posted:  
    Hi!  I am new to this site.  I was given this site as a link to check out.  I pray that I will be able to find my way around and be able to be a witness for the Lord while I am on this site.  I have checked out just a couple of forums before posting this.  It looks like there will be many moments spent in reading all the posts here. May God bless each and every one who comes on this site with what He wants to fulfill in each life in order for His Will to take place so that He will get ALL the praise and glory.
    I look forward to sharing and spending more time here.
    Joyfully in Christ,
    C

I had no idea as to what the response to this would be.  I can honestly say, that I for one will stand firm on God's truth and try with all my heart and soul to stay close to Him.  I am looking forward to posting in some of the other areas that I have had the opportunity to look at over the weekend.

I would like to share these scriptures with you:

Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:
      “Wake up, O sleeper,
         rise from the dead,
      and Christ will shine on you.”    Ephesians 5:9-14

May your evening be blessed with God's understanding in all you do and say.
    Joyfully in Christ,
    C :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stu,
    I would hate to be your instructor if you came here to do bungy jumping.
    Is this cord new?
    Has it been overstressed?
    Do you have the original warranty?
    How relaible are those weighing scales?
    Is the belt perfectly secure?
    When was the depth of the water last measured?

The queue behind you would get rather long.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,09:22)
    Hi stu,
    Is this cord new?

I think an intelligent person would look for a certificate of safety assurance on the way in, that would answer all these questions, don't you?

In any case, what on earth has prompted this little tirade?

Stuart

praying-4-you
    Participant

A promise that is true and cannot be broken:

Jeremiah 33:3

Stu
    Participant

Quote (praying-4-you @ Jan. 08 2008,09:30)
    A promise that is true and cannot be broken:

Jeremiah 33:3

Jeramiah 33:5 might be a good reason to stay at home.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 08 2008,09:25)

Hi stu,
    Is this cord new?

I think an intelligent person would look for a certificate of safety assurance on the way in, that would answer all these questions, don't you?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Your mountain of doubts is stifling your willingness to act on the tiny amount of faith you admit you possess.
    Jump.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,09:54)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 08 2008,09:25)

Hi stu,
    Is this cord new?

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    Your mountain of doubts is stifling your willingness to act on the tiny amount of faith you admit you possess.
    Jump.

What? Please do read what I write before you decide what I think.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Mt 14
    26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.

33Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

If you were in the boat with Peter and you were told to come what would you do?

praying-4-you
    Participant

From Stu: Jeremiah 33:5 might be a good reason to stay at home.

One thing I have learned in all of my studying is that when I go to quote a scripture, I need to look at the whole scripture because each scripture within that particular scripture comes together to complete a thought or message.  
    In the chapter of Jeremiah 33….the entire chapter holds the promise of restoration.  It is not a chapter about characters….it is a chapter of promise from the Almighty God to all who will hear.

For every action there is a consequence.  When we choose to sin, we have to be accountable for our action.  There is always a result for each choice we make.  

I have witnessed the promise made in vs. 3 so many times in my life and in the lives of many others.  
    If there is ever a question about not understanding anything in God's Word….I take it to Him and He truly answers in accordance to His Will not mine.  He knows what is best for us because He created us.

Just like those of us who are parents, we want our children to come to us and ask us for help.  We let them know that we are there for them anytime and anywhere.  That is the same as what the Father promises in Jeremiah 33:3.  He is ALWAYS there……all we have to do is ask.

Be blessed!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account