I'll leave the catholic church if…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

CA

go and look at reality ,history is there to read.

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2010,08:23)
    CA

go and look at reality ,history is there to read.

Yes. Please go and study history.

Cardinal John Henry Newman was a prominent 18th century Anglican bishop who also grappled with the problems between Protestantism and historical Christianity. Unlike many here, he did not try to rewrite Church history. Instead he saw the fallacies Protestantism is built on, and converted to Catholicism. He wrote:

“And this one thing is certain…the Christianity of history is not Protestantism. If there ever were a safe truth, it is this. And Protestantism has ever felt it so… This is shown in the determination…of dispensing with historical Christianity altogether, and of forming a Christianity from the Bible alone: men never would have put [historical Christianity] aside, unless they had despaired of it…

To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    But neither catholicism or protestantism are relevant to the Body of Christ.
    Christ is not divided and neither are of him.
    Did we miss something?

terraricca
    Participant

CA
    did i not tell you I AM NOT FALLOWING RELIGION MADE BY MEN.GET IT ???

THE SCRIPTURES THAT S IT,AND THE SPIRIT OF GOD AND CHRIST.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,08:16)
    The claim that the Bible is a complete guide creates an insurmountable problem owing to the fact that it (the Bible) expressly declares that it is not complete.

All that is in the Bible is true, but not all that is true is to be found written in the Bible.

Christ commanded his apostles to teach mankind “all things whatsoever I have commanded you” (Matt. 28:20). Yet St. John concludes his Gospel by saying, “There are also many other things which Jesus did; which, if they were written every one, the world itself, I think, would not be able to contain the books that should be written” (John 21:25).

One who declares that the Bible by itself is a complete guide is therefore professing a doctrine not only NOT contained in the Bible, but one at variance with it.

Ca,

Where then, do you came across the info that dead people are in heaven and can hear you and pray for you, if not from the Word of God?

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2010,09:06)
    CA

1. If you are a non-Catholic christian, you are Protestant

2. If you can't prove why the books you have in your Bible belong there, please do not call yourself a Bible believer. You received what you believe based on Protestant tradition.

terraricca
    Participant

ca

EVERY BOOK IN THE BIBLES I POSSESS I HAVE ACCEPTED AS BEING THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD
    EXEPTION TO THE APOCRYPHA WRITINGS.
    AND I HAVE PROVEN TO MYSELF THAN THEY ARE THE WORD OF GOD,
    ARE YOU NOT CONVICE THAT THEY ARE THE WORD OF GOD ????

I ALSO SEE YOU HAVE A SWORD IN YOUR HEART,CHRIST SAYS THE MAN WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD WILL DIE BY THE SWORD, THINK ABOUT IT.

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2010,09:53)
    ca

EVERY BOOK IN THE BIBLES I POSSESS I HAVE ACCEPTED AS BEING THE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD
    EXEPTION TO THE APOCRYPHA WRITINGS.
    AND I HAVE PROVEN TO MYSELF THAN THEY ARE THE WORD OF GOD,
    ARE YOU NOT CONVICE THAT THEY ARE THE WORD OF GOD ????

I ALSO SEE YOU HAVE A SWORD IN YOUR HEART,CHRIST SAYS THE MAN WHO LIVES BY THE SWORD WILL DIE BY THE SWORD, THINK ABOUT IT.

Please view this video prayerfully:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aozoXFdr80

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Should we pray to Mary or the saints?

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,09:16)

CA

1.  If you are a non-Catholic christian, you are Protestant

2.  If you can't prove why the books you have in your Bible belong there, please do not call yourself a Bible believer.  You received what you believe based on Protestant tradition.

and if your not catholic you cannot enter into heaven.

that is alright i do not want to enter into your gods heaven, sounds too much like hell.

went away to show they self approved eh ca, your fur still shows under your fleece.

you know your mother has sure had a lot of papa's, wonder how she feels to be widowed so often,
    then have to take on another lover. you don't treat your mother very nice do you?

Quote (princess of the king @ Feb. 19 2010,13:41)

CA

2.  If you can't prove why the books you have in your Bible belong there, please do not call yourself a Bible believer.  You received what you believe based on Protestant tradition.

that is alright i do not want to enter into your gods heaven, sounds too much like hell.

went away to show they self approved eh ca, your fur still shows under your fleece.

you know your mother has sure had a lot of papa's, wonder how she feels to be widowed so often,
    then have to take on another lover. you don't treat your mother very nice do you?

You are vile

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 19 2010,09:14)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,08:16)
    The claim that the Bible is a complete guide creates an insurmountable problem owing to the fact that it (the Bible) expressly declares that it is not complete.

All that is in the Bible is true, but not all that is true is to be found written in the Bible.

Christ commanded his apostles to teach mankind “all things whatsoever I have commanded you” (Matt. 28:20). Yet St. John concludes his Gospel by saying, “There are also many other things which Jesus did; which, if they were written every one, the world itself, I think, would not be able to contain the books that should be written” (John 21:25).

One who declares that the Bible by itself is a complete guide is therefore professing a doctrine not only NOT contained in the Bible, but one at variance with it.

Ca,

Where then, do you came across the info that dead people are in heaven and can hear you and pray for you, if not from the Word of God?

Sacred Written Tradition (Scripture) and Sacred Oral Tradition

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Sacred tradition in whose eyes?
    man's

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    So which is more sacred to you?
    Vatican 2 tells us tradition interprets the scriptures.

enough said.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,17:55)

Quote (princess of the king @ Feb. 19 2010,13:41)

CA

You are vile

apparently i am neither catholic or protestant

:D

Quote (princess of the king @ Feb. 19 2010,22:37)

2.  If you can't prove why the books you have in your Bible belong there, please do not call yourself a Bible believer.  You received what you believe based on Protestant tradition.[/quote]

then have to take on another lover. you don't treat your mother very nice do you?[/quote]
    You are vile[/quote]
    apparently i am neither catholic or protestant

:D

You're a Satanist?

Should have guessed.

actually i am of Italian decent, by my knowledge that makes me more catholic then most, possibly even you?

when are you going to let it go and come to the truth ca, you afraid to be alone?

terraricca
    Participant

CA

A TRUE WORSHIPER IS NEVER ALONE, HE CAN FEEL GOD IN HIM, BESIDE HIM ,NIGHT AND DAY

Quote (princess of the king @ Feb. 20 2010,07:25)
    actually i am of Italian decent, by my knowledge that makes me more catholic then most, possibly even you?

when are you going to let it go and come to the truth ca, you afraid to be alone?

So you are hardened in apostasy due to your familiarity and rejection of the Truth?

If by “alone” you mean “without hope and without God in the world”….

You betcha

If by “alone” you mean alienation from God by sin…

You'd better believe it

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 19 2010,17:57)
    Ca,

Sacred Written Tradition (Scripture) and Sacred Oral Tradition

Ca,

If God's Holy Word says one thing, and oral tradition says another, which one are you going to believe?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account