Idolatrous catholics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Image of Jesus in a clothes iron

Of course it is the usual bearded European Jesus that can be seen.

What did Jesus look like?

Stuart

hey stuart,

what you have posted is general knowledge for most on this board, is there more you would like to add?

much love

Quote (princess of the king @ Nov. 28 2009,19:59)
    hey stuart,

what you have posted is general knowledge for most on this board, is there more you would like to add?

much love

I am wondering as well where this thread is supposed to be going. Hopefully it gets interesting.

Stu
    Participant

Glad to see you both posting in this thread. Shame neither of you had anything interesting to contribute!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Does anyone object to some claiming that indeed Jesus's true image could appear in the scorch marks on an iron? After all, so many here are prepared to discuss what they think Jesus said, on just as little evidence as we have of what he looked like. The gospel accounts of Jesus's words are just as reliable as the European visual artisis' traditional view of his appearance.

Stuart

Stuart

never thought you would be one to play ring around the rosy (and i am sure you know that little tune originated from the black plaque)

The gospel accounts of Jesus's words are just as reliable as the European visual artisis' traditional view of his appearance.

your statement noted above, is this your opinion or of another?

take care, stuart.

His image, whatever it may has little to no importance, when he returns all will see him in his glory, all.

Stu
    Participant

P of the K: Why does it matter whose opinion it is? As it happens I have never seen the phrase or anything like it before I typed it myself, so as far as I know it is uniquely mine, but the point remains: from the point of view of the kind of referencing required by any school history teacher, it is just as valid to say that the iron scorch image IS that of Jesus as it is to claim that Jesus healed a man and told him not to sin again lest a worst thing befall him. You claim a supernatural origin for the probity of Jesus's words (otherwise they were made up by Paul and the gospel writers who never met Jesus) and so I cannot see why I can't claim a supernatural intervention in the case of the iron. Of course I do not believe either actually happened.

Constit: I agree Jesus's image has little importance, except to Idolatrous Catholics. However, if he was ever here at all and he was executed then he won't be back, because he is dead.

Unless you mean back in a figurative sense, in which case I would still have to disagree.

His image is not important. We don't actually know what he said, and it is probably 60% – 40% in favour of his historicity, so where does that leave Jesus? Surely you can only conclude that he is the martyr entirely invented by those who were looking for one.

You adhere to the words put into his mouth by writers who never met him, yet you reject the image claimed to be of him by an iron-owner who never met him. Why one and not the other?

Stuart

Stuart,

I understand the point you are trying to make, first you must know your reader, i do not hold onto any icon, image ect. ect. so your point with me is void and null.

maybe you would do better posting this on a catholic forum, you would get * the strife you are looking for yes?

take care stuart

As princess of the king stated, his image is nothing. And as I stated “has little to no importance”, I do not accept it or reject it.

Again, as princess of the king stated, “your point with me is void and null”.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Charles Darwin image

An Onion exclusive.

Stu
    Participant

You two make a great comedy duo. While you are both slaves to a political manifesto of a martyr who possibly never walked the earth, and whose words you cannot possibly know if he really did walk the earth, yet you don't seem bothered by what HUMANS claim to be the image of your martyr.

The only conclusions I can draw are either that you don't understand the point, or you are somehow dishonest, or you really do believe that words written by those with a political motive are more trustworthy than a chance, divinely-inspired image.

:)

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 30 2009,13:44)
    Charles Darwin image

An Onion exclusive.

I'm glad you know the excellent Onion, t8.

Have you stumbled upon the Landover Baptists?

Stuart

Why dont you explain to me why I should be “bothered by what HUMANS claim to be the image of my martyr”.

Then enlighten me by “understanding the point”.

I still dont see why its important to put a face to a man or even a diety?

It is nothing but vanity. Unless you have the belief a man or diety can only be worshipped if you can see him.

:cool:

Stuart,

Thank you, being sorted with Ron is such a delight for me.

Now, let me let you in on a secular note. when one accuses another without cause, it is really a deep rooted emotion of the one accusing.

With prayer and fasting Stuart, you can get through it. We could be prayer partners, that would be great. Let me know.

take care

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 29 2009,10:03)
    Image of Jesus in a clothes iron

Of course it is the usual bearded European Jesus that can be seen.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

As he suffered all of the insults and every thing that man could possibly do to him including nailing him to the cross. He said “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”.

Greater love hath no man than he should lose his life for his friends.

This then is what Jesus looked like.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Stu:

And this is what Jesus looked like:

Isa 53:1 ¶ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 ¶ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stu
    Participant

90210 you have muddied the waters beautifully by asserting stuff that cannot possibly have anything to do with an historical figure that allegedly lived so much later. I mean, Isaiah was dead long before the alleged birth of Jesus, so he cannot possibly have known about him, can he. You may as well assert that the iron carries an exact replica for all the difference there is.

Stuart

Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 01 2009,15:48)
    90210 you have muddied the waters beautifully by asserting stuff that cannot possibly have anything to do with an historical figure that allegedly lived so much later.  I mean, Isaiah was dead long before the alleged birth of Jesus, so he cannot possibly have known about him, can he.  You may as well assert that the iron carries an exact replica for all the difference there is.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

No, Isaiah could have not know anything about Jesus except that God revealed this to him, and also, the Spirit of God dwelling within me also testifies that God is a reality and that the testimony regarding Jesus is true.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 01 2009,15:56)

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 01 2009,15:48)
    90210 you have muddied the waters beautifully by asserting stuff that cannot possibly have anything to do with an historical figure that allegedly lived so much later.  I mean, Isaiah was dead long before the alleged birth of Jesus, so he cannot possibly have known about him, can he.  You may as well assert that the iron carries an exact replica for all the difference there is.

Stuart

Hi Stu:

No, Isaiah could have not know anything about Jesus except that God revealed this to him, and also, the Spirit of God dwelling within me also testifies that God is a reality and that the testimony regarding Jesus is true.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Isaiah did not know anything about Jesus because he had been dead for 700 years at the alleged time of Jesus.

So tell me what the writers of Isaiah actually have to do with Jesus?

The spirit of the Flying Spaghetti Monster dwelling within me tells me that you are spinning superstitious bluster.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account