I know we can eat meat but can we eat pork?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

hi asher
    no it is not right,to put the law in everyone face,except for the blood,not the kind of animal,
    you are trying to manipulate the OT into the NT and the carnal into the spiritual,
    if you keep the OT as a guide but not as a requirement then that's fine Like Paul say the law is good
    but we move on to spirituality and Christ.

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 13 2010,08:50)
    con…….I was going to bring up the scriptures the Terraricca brought up but no need to he already brought them up , but here is another one to think about.

Luke 10.8…> And into whatever city ye enter and they recieve you, eat such things as are set before you:

I have known men who have eaten pork all their lives and have lived very long lives and seem to have been in good health to. While i tend to believe that Pork and certain other foods can present certain health problems if not curred and handles properly , i am not totally convinced that this is the reason GOD gave those clean and unclean laws. I still believe  it was to show the CARNAL ISRAELITES that they must learn to make a destination between what is acceptable and unacceptable  to God. Maybe both not sure
    yet, I do believe GOD made garbage collectors on earth and in the waters also, and these can be more infectious to our systems.

One thing you brought out that i do disagree with, is that we are not to drink fermented things , Jesus drank wine as well as the other Apostles all the time. So why do you believe we are not supposed to.

gene

There is no cure for trichinosis if received from pork.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Con…..Yes i know, and most pigs that are not properly cared for have it, i once heard. that is why they cure them with Salt i was told. I really don't eat pork much hardly ever.  But certain shell fish are equally as dangerous. As well as some birds also.

Con, tell me have you ever read the Epistle of Barnabas?  I believe it was his, where he described the nature of the animals GOD Chose as unclean . very interesting brother.  It had more to do with the natures more then their flesh, Check it out if you get a chance, Just type in the Epistle of Barnabas.

peace and love to you and yours………………gene

Viewing 3 posts - 181 through 183 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account