How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

There is no 'freely' my friend you add words. There only people are caught up in this myth of so called 'free will'. If you are influenced by your old nature where is the question of your free will. remember one thing only God the creator is only having a free will to do any thing as per his will and wish. we don't have that we are only having influenced wills to choose the already installed natures that are existing in us. Please no more questions to me I can not bear that I am only a layman not any expert.
    Sorry my brother.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……..what is the dictionary definition of Free Will and You will find it's a will (free of any) influence of (any Kind), past experience , present influences, or religious influences, another word it is completely free having no preferences of its own. If you have that then you truly are the first man on earth to have “FREE WILL”. And the scientist and Psychologists every sense Socrates who 500 BC discovered it owes you an apology, because you know something non of them or us do.

WJ …..you need to read on what is really meant by (FREE WILL) . there is no such thing my friend……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ……..Free Will, is all religious Hype.

gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2008,18:52)

Quote (gollamudi @ June 28 2008,18:38)
    Hi WJ this is reply to your earlier post,
    Yes my brother you have come to the point of hitting the nail. I agree with you I commit sin by choosing to follow my old nature. But my question is how I am doing that am I doing it by using my so called free will or by being tempted by my old sinful nature? There is no free will again if I am obeying God to do good again I am influenced and guided by the soft voice of the Holy Spirit. I am safe if I hear the soft voice of the Spirit that guides me to obey my father's will I don't think any free will is there again only an influenced will. IMO

GM

But did you freely choose to obey the Spirit of God or the sinfull nature.

Or did God make that choice for you?

You are hung up on 2 words, “Free will”.

You have just admitted that you chose to sin or not to, so you freely choose whether you admit it or not.

:)

They can't see this my brother…let God show them

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…….this may come as a shock, but God made all choices for all of Us, it is not up to you or I to decide whats right or wrong God has already decided that, And as Shakespeare said ours is not reason why, ours is bit to do or die.

What i think you are not taking into you thinking is that God does not ask us to please do right if we can of our own free will decide to, He commands it, He is SOVEREIGN over every thing He creates and He really doesn't need anyone permission to do with them as He choses to. I know that stabs in the Heart of false “Christianity”.

But none the less it's true and it's time people come to realize it. Our own self worth means nothing to God it is a hindrance to Him, we need the attitude of Jesus who said why call ME good there is (ONLY ONE THATS GOOD) and that is GOD> “again it is not (within) a man to direct His paths”. God must do that, thats why we need to take on the Yoke Jesus had on Him on ourselves also.

Gollamudi was right you do not (FREELY CHOSE) anything you do whats doninat in you mind and if its the spirit of God then you will choose his will, if it of your flesh you will chose that. If the influences already exist in you mind you don't create them your self at the time of decision, You will chose what already there because thats all you can do and will do. Your will is the product of your thinking , your thinking is not the product of your will, you have it backward my friend, because you want your will to be the dominate force in your life as all carnality does. No offense intended DK.

IMO…..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    This God that FORCES men to do things is not the God of the bible.
    The god of this world does control men however.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Evidently you don't read the bible much, i see a God who control all thing by the power of His might, I realize He is not your God, your own free will is your God. and the SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD is something you can't stand, however who are you that replies to God He will Do what ever He Choses with or with out You opinion or permission. Some thing you and others need to understand and will some day believe me.
    God does (ALL THINGS) after the council of (HIS OWN WILL), kinda leaves your will out of the picture right Nick.

HOW SOVEREIGN IS YOUR GOD>NICK?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God forces men to do what?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers, please come back to this topic 'how is Jesus not God?'

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 30 2008,14:16)
    Hi brothers, please come back to this topic 'how is Jesus not God?'

Hey Brother GM…where have you been? I have been looking for your imput on certain things

gollamudi
    Participant

Sorry brother, I went to church on Sunday and I was preparing for one lecture that I have to deliver in my Telecom Training Istitute today. You know I am the Principal of that Istitute where we train our Telecom Executives.
    So go ahead and share your points.
    Peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….only you would look at what God causes for our good as forces, why would see that way, “because the Carnal mind is a enemy of God not subject to the laws of God neither can be”, is that what makes you see things that way.

God Creates change in man heart and changes there thoughts to his thoughts or have you not read for Spirit searches the deep thing of God and what knows a man but the spirit in him. Now if the Spirit of God be in you then it constrains you to follow Him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….You just can't stand the idea that God saves people without their help can you it upsets you why, is it because you think your your own God and Savior and your own so called choices is what is contributing to you salvation. Why no just acknowledge it's God the Father who is the one saving all and not the all saving themselves by their so-called free will choices.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So those unsaved with a carnal mind do not have the gift of the Holy Spirit do they?

So how does God force them to do what is His will?

A God of FORCE is not written

Those with a carnal mind do not agree with you when you often stray from scripture?

Surely those with a carnal mind are the ones who do not follow scripture?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    Please let us come back to the topic. You can discuss this in the appropriate thread.
    Ok thanks
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Gene and Nick,

I can tell you, brother's, that I have learned very little from either of you on certain subjects lately. The manner in which you engage one another has not been at all helpful for me while I listen in. In fact, I have turned a deaf ear mostly. And that is a shame because I am among the few who are here to learn instead of teach! :;):

Anyway, it's a shame that you accuse and belittle one another. Can love replace pride?

The wisdom from heaven is first of all peace loving……

Press on brother's,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    ABIDE IN THE WORD and these questions will become unnecessary.
    We cannot build together unless a sound foundation is laid.

Truth is written

Jesus is not the Son of God and also the God of Whom he is the Son.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………wrong again those with carnal minds don't understand scriptures they only mouth them off, but have no spiritual understanding and aren't able to compare spiritual things with spiritual. Kinda like when i gave you those 10 or 12 scriptures about Jesus saying the words he spoke weren't his, but the words of the one who sent Him. You remember you couldn't get it. Ask yourself why couldn't you and you will have your answer.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why should we need another God?
    Jesus came to tell folk about God
    not to say He was ever that God.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 07 2008,22:54)
    Hi Cato

Quote (Cato @ May 08 2008,02:51)

If God is the limitless, great unmanifest, all powerful creator of the universe, how does he limit himself and still be God?

If God is God, and he is all powerfull, limitless, creator of the universe, how could he not be able to take on human form if he would like?

Is there anything to hard for him?  ???

Only men would put such limits on him!

If this limitless God can live in the puny hearts of men by his Spirit, why couldnt he take on a body of his own?

In fact the Word that was with God and is God did!

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (1 Tim 3:16)

Blessings!

:)

The problem is God is not limitless. God is limited. For instance God cannot lie( Titus 1:2), also God does not change (Mal. 3:6). To say God is limitless is out of line with what the scriptures reveal, and open the door for manifold confusion. God is limited by His own nature.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account