How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mandy….I meant to say i agree with Adam Completely.

Love to you and yours…………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 15 2008,19:54)
    Perhaps Nick's point is that Jesus called God his Father.

Jesus is the Son and not the Father.

In this way, Jesus is not God.

Adam, you may want to give Nick a little room to breathe.  He is a mature brother in the Lord and like Gene, has insight to the scriptures.  I don't always agree with him either, but I have learned from him when I am patient enough to listen instead of talk.  This of course takes practice (on my part).  :;):

Anyway brothers – love one another as Christ has loved us!  He gave himself for us, that we may know true love and be reconciled to our Father.  Let's at least hear one another out and begin to encourage one another to grow in the fruits of the Spirit.  Patience, kindness, considering other's above ourselves, grace, mercy……..forgiveness.  Good stuff!

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    I know you will appear whenever there is heated discussion or arguement. Thanks Sis for your role of unseen moderator in this forum. But I hope our brother Nick certainly appreciate your role. I agree with Gene for getting upset with diversion of topic. But is is also a part of game.
    Love to you
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Adam,

I certainly don't see myself as a “unseen moderator”, rather I see myself as a fellow Christian who is spurring other's on to be more Christ-like.  :;):

Jesus didn't play games.  He loved his brother's.  We should learn to follow him better.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Gene,

I agree that sometimes Nick diverts topics. I myself have been frustrated with him in the heat of debate. However in looking back, when I am not in the defense mode, I can see his reasons behind certain posts. That is all I was trying to encourage you and Adam to do, is to hear him out sometimes and look beyond what we deem to be a superior attitude. Like I said, it takes patience…..

I appreciate both you and Adam, hopefully you both know this by now? But I also see your debates deteriorating as you both become more personal and less tolerant. It's a shame really, because you both have so many valid points. But unfortunately most will not hear them because of the manner in which they are offered.

They will recognize us by our fruits. I have been recognized as an “unseen moderator”! :laugh: But in reality I am only trying to encourage you brother's.

We all have our gifts and ministries. Perhaps “appearing” when debates get hot and reminding one another to love is my ministry? Everyone is needed………..even donkey's.

HEE HAW,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    I again appreciate your concern for us. Only thing we get irritated by the repeated questions of Nick and few others. We do love our brothers but don't think that we are so much involved in personal attacks. you know some times provoking words creates problem for everybody. I hope we will abide in love with one another.
    Love to you
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Adam,

I realize that this site is powered by “provoking words”, in fact that is what stirs one to study and defend their beliefs.

There are a few brother's who have managed to keep their passions in check while teaching what they know. I admire them. I learn from them. I always read their posts first. I see how they handle Nick and general pressure from other's. Their message speaks to me because they are patient in teaching. I learn the most from such posts. Giving tit-for-tat and bantering back and forth usually produces nothing good to eat. :;): I guess that's all I'm offering. Take it or leave it, I guess.

Galations 5:22-26

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
    Against such things there is no law.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

AND

Galations 6:9, 10

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

…..do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I do love you guys and I hope you're not too irritated with me for always stepping in to point the way back towards love?
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why should we not be asked to prove our beliefs from scripture?
    It might stop us suffering the wrath of God for false teaching.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Point is when they are proved you still wont accept them, but Just divert to something else, or ignore the proof and the reasonings. Thats what frustrates those debating with you on subjects. If Scriptures are posted to back up a position you aught to at least acknowledge them.

I have seen you misrepresent many subjects. And your right you could be causing people to suffer the wrath of God by your false teachings. You need to really consider what you Just said because it applies to you as much as anybody on this site.

IMO……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Why not address the questions rather than persist in attacking others ?
    You can expect unproven speculations and false teachingto be challenged here.
    Reading the bible and correcting where you are erring would seem the better thing to do.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….. No what i expect from you is even if scriptures are given you still won't accept them as you have shown many times all ready .Your right take the advice ,i think you need it more then anyone on this site. Your assumption and speculations and false teachings does cause a lot of problems as far as most of us can tell.

imo….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Back to the matter at hand please.
    This constant diversion is distracting for all.
    Scriptures can be bent in hundreds of ways to justify opinion.
    It should not be.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………so don't continue to do it ok.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Please continue to post on this topic

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 16 2008,05:40)
    Gene,

I agree that sometimes Nick diverts topics.  I myself have been frustrated with him in the heat of debate.  However in looking back, when I am not in the defense mode, I can see his reasons behind certain posts.  That is all I was trying to encourage you and Adam to do, is to hear him out sometimes and look beyond what we deem to be a superior attitude.  Like I said, it takes patience…..

I appreciate both you and Adam, hopefully you both know this by now?  But I also see your debates deteriorating as you both become more personal and less tolerant.  It's a shame really, because you both have so many valid points.  But unfortunately most will not hear them because of the manner in which they are offered.

They will recognize us by our fruits.  I have been recognized as an “unseen moderator”!    :laugh:   But in reality I am only trying to encourage you brother's.

We all have our gifts and ministries.  Perhaps “appearing” when debates get hot and reminding one another to love is my ministry?  Everyone is needed………..even donkey's.

HEE HAW,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    If someone posts on a subject and unwittingly inserts falsehoods unrelated directly to the subject matter then a quick reminder often sets things straight. However it also sometimes causes folk to take offence as well and so we wander off the subject.

Laying false foundations can never establish a strong building and it is best to address them early rather than when the door is ready for opening.

We are, or should be, primariliy mutual truth seekers.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Jesus is the Son of the One God of Israel. He has come in the vessel of His son to establish a worldwide earthly kingdom and is soon to send Jesus to rule it in unity with Him and the brothers of our lord.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    It applies to anybody in this forum if he deviates from the true understanding of God and His Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….You position yourself as the one who Knows when aperson is giving false information in others opinion your the one who is doing it, but you just don't see that, you think you are the only one who holds truth, while others who disagree with you are wrong, I haven given you many scriptures concerning subject matter and you Don't acknowledge them, I gave you on one subject over 10 or so scriptures that backed up what i was saying and you just ignored then and went on with your false assumptions. I have seen you do that not only with me but lot's of others also. You say let scripture be the final say, but in reality you want to be the final say. ou present little snap shot of scripture like for instance where the Subject of the Rock comes in You presented two or three places of the same text, but there 20 or so scriptures that deal with that very subject Showing that the ONLY TRUE ROCK IS GOD HIMSELF> but do you admit that (NO) because you don't want to be proved wrong, and just hold on to one or two scriptures, while there are 10 or 20 that show you wrong, in your assumptions, but do you conceder them (NO) because you might have to admit you were wrong, and your pride won't allow that.

IMO……….gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,06:22)
    If someone posts on a subject and unwittingly inserts falsehoods unrelated directly to the subject matter then a quick reminder often sets things straight. However it also sometimes causes folk to take offence as well and so we wander off the subject.

Gene has a point that though you are a Moderator your theology is not above other's here. We are all challenged to find the “falsehoods” in one another's teachings and sharing.

Who is qualified to remind anyone that they are perhaps diverting into falsehoods? Everyone has such different theology here that EVERYONE could be reminding EVERYONE that they are believing a falsehood. It's somewhat comical if you think about it.

I guess we should just encourage one another to seek God and search his word out. Give our opinions but then leave it at that and not have any determinations on who is wrong and who is right. Anyway, just my worthless 2 cents on the subject.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    My heart is for the lambs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Baaa-baaaa,
    Mandy

:;):

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 19 2008,06:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2008,06:22)

Gene has a point that though you are a Moderator your theology is not above other's here.  We are all challenged to find the “falsehoods” in one another's teachings and sharing.

Who is qualified to remind anyone that they are perhaps diverting into falsehoods?  Everyone has such different theology here that EVERYONE could be reminding EVERYONE that they are believing a falsehood.  It's somewhat comical if you think about it.

I guess we should just encourage one another to seek God and search his word out.  Give our opinions but then leave it at that and not have any determinations on who is wrong and who is right.  Anyway, just my worthless 2 cents on the subject.

Hi Sis,
    That's wonderful post, I believe God has chosen you to be the right moderator in this forum. Do continue my sister to encourage and correct many and to lead into the Truth of God.
    Love to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account