How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..only you could twist it that way, but for you I will try to explaine it in a more simple and clear understanding.

IN the beginning was the word (referring to an attribute of God the Father,,the word was with God and (WAS GOD). In others words what God was His word Was Just like you and me are. WE are what our words are. Every man shall be Judged by his word why because he is what his words are.

You full well know what i meant and your true mind was at work to twist what i said by inferring something that clearly was not what was said . but like I said you do the work of your god he is just like you , full of deception and LIES.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 06 2008,17:43)
    but like I said you do the work of your god he is just like you , full of deception and LIES.

On that aweful note, I'm heading to bed.

Bro Gene, I don't think Keith serves a different God than we do. He has different ideas than you, but even you have differing ideas from me. Do I also serve another God?

Really, your testimony here has becomea bit sour. It's unfortunate, too. You have so many good things to say but they are being squelched by your current state of pointing thy finger.

But I guess this belongs in the “Feedback” section, huh? :;):

Goodnight brother's.
    Love one another as the Lord has loved us!

Mandy

WJ…..only you could twist it that way, but for you I will try to explaine it in a more simple and clear understanding.

IN the beginning was the word (referring to an attribute of God the Father,,the word was with God and (WAS GOD). In others words what God was His word Was Just like you and me are. WE are what our words are. Every man shall be Judged by his word why because he is what his words are.

You full well know what i meant and your true mind was at work to twist what i said by inferring something that clearly was not what was said . but like I said you do the work of your god he is just like you , full of deception and LIES.

GB

I didnt twist anything. Your words are there and you still stand behind them.

You say the “Word is the Father” so that would simply mean that you have changed the text to say “Father” and not “Word”.

Do you understand what a liar is? A liar is someone who knows the truth and says the opposite.

So accusing me as being a liar is saying that I say one thing but really I believe something else. Or that I am simply bearing false witness.

You have no proof of such in making that judgment on me.

I can feel your love GB!

gollamudi
    Participant

OH! come on my brother WJ,
    Why you want to stir the mind of another brother? I can see both of you are spinning around the same logic, but not getting the point. You say that there was only one God in the beginning and also Gene, then what is so difficult in understanding Jn 1:1. There were not two Gods in the beginning like many non-trinitarians are believing in this forum. I hope you are believing in One God and I see there is only difference of understanding the nature and position of Jesus, the son of God. If that is set right every thing will be atomatically settled.
    Be calm my brothers don't go for personal insults as Mandy rightly pointed out to Gene.
    Peace to all
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…….why did you miss quote me then and pull out a meaning i did not say and did not rewrite it just like i did , it obvious what you were doing was deliberate and intensional so don't play stupid with me. If you want to quote someone then use the words they use and write them as they did, which you did not do . I said the word was a (ATTRIBUTE) of GOD,the Father. And where did is say the Father was made Flesh and all the rest which i never wrote or said, And don't tell me i don't have proof JUST look at what i wrote and what you wrote and there not even close. If you going to put words in some one mouth that are LIES then That Makes you a LIER . And because i (HATE) what you are doing doesn't mean i (HATE) you, were supposed to HATE EVIL.
    I will gladly let GOD be the Judge between us on this, and He will.

IMO…….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Gene my brother, that's all let there be an end to that friction between you and WJ. I know you have not uttered any thing other than what have just told. Leave it do not bother again for that.
    Peace to you
    Adam

GB

Again, I did not twist your words or miss quote you. Here are your own words…

“People Just do not realize the changes of the texts that took place by inserting the word (Him) for (it) and changing the original text by capitalizing the Word (WORD) to try to make it appear as a separate person, when in fact it refers to GOD the Father Himself.”

My post was in response to your comment that the “word WORD” in fact refers to the God the Father himself”.

Now you say that the “Word” is an attribute of the Father. Which I see as no different than you saying the Word that was with God and is God is the Father.

You yourself have said more than once that we are our words and our words are who we are.

I have done no more here than what you have done more than once to me by accusing me of saying I changed the text. When you have never seen me interpret John 1:1 this way…

In the beginning was Jesus and the Jesus was with God and Jesus was God. While I unlike you believe that John used the term Word from John’s own writings in 1 John 1:1-3 and Rev 19:13 to describe the pre-incarnate Yeshua, you say that the “word” is an attribute of the Father.

So since you believe that the “word” in John 1:1 is an attribute of the Father and in fact the “word” is the Father because we are our words, then please show me how my interpretation of your view of John 1:1 and John 1:14 would be in error. For you believe those verses are referring to the Father and not Yeshua.

I have done nothing more than you do to me all the time in interpreting what I say, yet you have never heard me call you a liar when you have misrepresented my views many a times.

If my statements misrepresent your views based on what you have said then please show me how and I will say I am sorry.

If you retract this statement…

and changing the original text by capitalizing the Word (WORD) to try to make it appear as a separate person, when in fact it refers to GOD the Father Himself.”

And tell me that the WORD is not referring to the Father then I will retract my statement and there is no bad blood.

But I will not stand by while you insult me and my integrity by calling me a deceiver and a liar, and worse a servant ot the god of this world, without calling you out and reporting you to the moderators.

You and I are believers, and this kind of bitterness and hate should not be.

You saying it is not against me is a cover up for the nastiness of your spirit against me as a fellow believer.

For just like you and everyone on this sight I take my beliefs very personally. But you need to learn some tolerance and room for others to disagree with you and still be saved.

There are others watching so it behooves us to show forebearing and Love to one another.

My prayer is this kind of contention will stop. As Christians we should be able to have dialogue without being abusive.

A fellow believer in Christ, WJ

gollamudi
    Participant

That is an excellent way my brother WJ,
    I fully endorse your feelings. But please here onwards we should not land into such frictions with our brothers.
    Peace to you
    Adam

Proclaimer
    Participant

Do you want me to delete the previous post (the sixth post on the previous page) WJ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..What i said was as you can see, the word (WORD) (REFERS) to God the Father and it is obvious, what i meant. And then you took that a add the whole thing about God the Father being Flesh which i did not say those were all you words not mine, then after all these false statements you end with (Gene version) which is a pure LIE when did I ever say God the Father Became Flesh. The only thing i ever said About the Father in this Was that He was in Jesus by His Spirit. You have distorted and misquoted me and you know it's true.

Show men where I ever said God (WAS) himself was Flesh as you as you implied.

gene

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 08 2008,05:57)
    WJ…..What i said was as you can see, the word (WORD)  (REFERS) to God the Father and it is obvious, what i meant. And then you took that a add the whole thing about God the Father being Flesh which i did not say those were all you words not mine, then after all these false statements you end with (Gene version) which is a pure LIE when did I ever say God the Father Became Flesh. The only thing i ever said About the Father in this Was that He was in Jesus by His Spirit. You have distorted and misquoted me and you know it's true.

Show men where I ever said God (WAS) himself was Flesh as you as you implied.

gene

GB

If the “Word” is the Father, (John 1:1) and the “Word” was made flesh (John 1:14) then that would mean to me and all those who read this that the Father was made flesh.

That is no lie. But I will concede that I do not understand you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You think a word is an attribute?
    Are your words your attributes?
    You could be apart from your attributes?
    You can be with your attributes?

Does the use of words as attributes appear anywhere else in scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..What i said was as you can see, the word (WORD) (refers) to God the Father and it is obviously, what i meant. And then you took that a add the whole thing about God the Father being Flesh which i did not say those were all you words not mine, you twisted and misrepresented my views, then after all these false statements you end with (Gene version) which is a pure LIE when did I ever say God the Father (Became Flesh). In fact you are the one, that believes in a incarnate God not me. Not me.The only thing i ever said About the Father in this, Was that He was in Jesus by His Spirit. You have distorted and misquoted me and you know it's true.

Show me where I ever said God (WAS) himself a Flesh Being as you as you implied i said. And show me where i misrepresent your views and i will apologize to you them. I know of no time i misrepresented your views. But it's very oblivious you have mine. You have no right to add anything to my thoughts. If i say you are what your words are would you them think i meant you word was your flesh. Totally illogical and please don't try to push off on all of us, You didn't know that.

WJ, you were and are wrong and you Know that, and if you don't i feel sorry for you, epically since you told us were or are a minster. May God grant you repentance.

gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Leave it brother Gene,
    I know what you believe, we both don't believe that God the Father became flesh since we don't believe in any God's incarnation. WJ has to understand these words otherwise let us leave to God.
    Let us concentrate on the topic.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam ……Your right I believe all here know I don't believe God the Father is Flesh, as was implied i said. In fact it's them that believe the word (became) Flesh not me. I believe the word came to be in the Flesh man Jesus. And that was how God the Father was in Jesus.

peace to you, Adam………………….gene

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 08 2008,11:11)
    WJ…..What i said was as you can see, the word (WORD)  (refers) to God the Father and it is obviously, what i meant. And then you took that a add the whole thing about God the Father being Flesh which i did not say those were all you words not mine, you twisted and misrepresented my views, then after all these false statements you end with (Gene version) which is a pure LIE when did I ever say God the Father (Became Flesh). In fact you are the one, that believes in a incarnate God not me. Not me.The only thing i ever said About the Father in this, Was that He was in Jesus by His Spirit. You have distorted and misquoted me and you know it's true.

Show me where I ever said God (WAS) himself a Flesh Being as you as you implied i said. And show me where i misrepresent your views and i will apologize to you them. I know of no time i misrepresented your views. But it's very oblivious you have mine. You have no right to add anything to my thoughts. If i say you are what your words are would you them think i meant you word was your flesh. Totally illogical and please don't try to push off on all of us, You didn't know that.

WJ, you were and are wrong and you Know that, and if you don't i feel sorry for you, epically since you told us were or are a minster. May God grant you repentance.

gene

GB

I have nothing to repent of.

You know nothing of my heart or my integrity.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…..”O” I think i do, your (WORDS) speak for you and come forth from your heart and when you miss quote someone and falsely imply what they mean it speaks volumes of your integrity and heart.

imo………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So when a word is spoken into existence
    the word can be with you?

gollamudi
    Participant

What a foolish question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Really?
    Words can outlast us.
    Thoughts and plans die with us because they are within us.
    Hopes and expectations go to the grave with their owners but the Word of God lives.

Proverbs 11:7
    When a wicked man dies, his expectation will perish,And the hope of strong men perishes.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account