Historical accuracy of the bible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Stu
    Participant

What has the consistency of the bible from 2000 years ago to today have to do with its historical accuracy?

The exodus did not happen. The Noachian Flood did not happen. What does it matter that the KJV is consistent with the earliest documents? None of it ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Are the modern editions of the Sherlock Holmes stories consistent with Conan-Doyle's originals? Does that imply that Sherlock Holmes was a real historical figure?

Will you be posting anything on-topic in this thread, t8?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is about the historical accuracy of the texts.

Try this link for accuracy of historical events. Events that many today are skeptical of, but are not skeptical when you look at the archeological evidence:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=2373

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 27 2009,00:01)
    What has the consistency of the bible from 2000 years ago to today have to do with its historical accuracy?

The exodus did not happen.  The Noachian Flood did not happen.  What does it matter that the KJV is consistent with the earliest documents?  None of it ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Stuart

Stu

As the only eyewitness to these facts, you should have come forth sooner.

Georg

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 18 2009,22:07)

Quote (Stu @ April 27 2009,00:01)

The exodus did not happen.  The Noachian Flood did not happen.  What does it matter that the KJV is consistent with the earliest documents?  None of it ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Stuart

Stu

As the only eyewitness to these facts, you should have come forth sooner.

Georg

It is not I who is the eyewitness. It is archeologists, geologists and boat builders who testify against such scriptural nonsense.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Again Stu, your belief in action and of course your belief overrides any evidence to the contrary.

What a faith you have in your own bias and understanding.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 20 2009,13:38)
    Again Stu, your belief in action and of course your belief overrides any evidence to the contrary.

It is not me claiming that untold thousands wandered the Middle Eastern desert or died in a world-wide flood. Archeologists and botanists have uncovered no evidence for these things where you would expect a significant physical record.

You are making these falsifiable claims. They appear to be false, but science is open to your evidence. Where is it?

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ May 21 2009,01:25)

Quote (t8 @ May 20 2009,13:38)

It is not me claiming that untold thousands wandered the Middle Eastern desert or died in a world-wide flood.  Archeologists and botanists have uncovered no evidence for these things where you would expect a significant physical record.

You are making these falsifiable claims.  They appear to be false, but science is open to your evidence.  Where is it?

Stuart

stu,

what makes your science correct ? in the torah, it speaks of many things that should not be done, just recently science now agrees, why is it taking your science so long to figure out what has already been written?

to me, waiting on science to figure it out is well quite blah, why should i have to wait, when what i really need to know in life has already been given.

you keep waiting for science to figure it out for you then you have faith (in science) when you believe what they say then you have belief, when you put all this above everything else in life then you have a god you worship, why are you trying to seperate yourself when you are the same?

why pounding so hard, well it could be that you are in the wrong place, take some godly advice if they do not accept the word, shake the dust off your cloak and move on.

science will figure it out for you……… well, it could be a long wait, but you keep waiting………

much love
    rene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 20 2009,17:25)
    They appear to be false, but science is open to your evidence. Where is it?

Yeah where is the scientific evidence that there was no flood and no God. Contrary to what some think, fossils form in disasters like floods.

Living things just degrade, rot, breakdown, and disappear unless they are preserved in some way.

Stu
    Participant

W_O_B

what makes your science correct ?

Evidence and falsifiable theory. The fact that it can be shown to be wrong, but that current science has NOT been shown to be wrong yet. Most of the recent modifications, except in theoretical physics, are getting tinier and tinier.

Thank you for asking. What makes your scripture correct?

in the torah, it speaks of many things that should not be done, just recently science now agrees, why is it taking your science so long to figure out what has already been written?

Well if you can give me an example, there might be something to discuss. It is not as if the bible actually tells people they will get Trichinosis from eating raw pork, it merely codifies the science of the time that said there seems to be a chance that you might get very sick if you do.

to me, waiting on science to figure it out is well quite blah, why should i have to wait, when what i really need to know in life has already been given.

To figure out what? Do you expect instant answers to whatever questions cross your mind? What credence do you put on those who would give you instant answers with no effort at all?

If your Imaginary Friend was indeed the omniscient inspirer of the OT, all ‘he’ needed to record was that disease is often caused by agents too small to see, but that washing hands before meals would help no end, and that sleeping under a mosquito-proof cover could save lives. That would have made a radical difference to recent human history of exactly the same kind as the ‘don’t eat pork’ advice.. However, there is NOTHING surprising like that anywhere in scripture. It just reads like the primitive science of the time.

you keep waiting for science to figure it out for you then you have faith (in science) when you believe what they say then you have belief, when you put all this above everything else in life then you have a god you worship, why are you trying to seperate yourself when you are the same?

What a load of bollocks. Do you know anything about science?

why pounding so hard, well it could be that you are in the wrong place, take some godly advice if they do not accept the word, shake the dust off your cloak and move on.

That is the usual routine from fundies. Show friendliness until it appears their bluff has been called and they have encountered someone who does not buy the paper-thin mythology of christianity and they run away like good children remembering what Saul of Tarsus and others told them to do: dust off their shoes, and turn their backs on their fellow humans. What a human tradgedy of a religion this is.

science will figure it out for you……… well, it could be a long wait, but you keep waiting………

Give me one fact you know beyond reasonable doubt about the god you worship, something that would be perverse for anyone to deny.

much love

And to you also

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 21 2009,12:23)

Quote (Stu @ May 20 2009,17:25)
    They appear to be false, but science is open to your evidence.  Where is it?

Yeah where is the scientific evidence that there was no flood and no God. Contrary to what some think, fossils form in disasters like floods.

Living things just degrade, rot, breakdown, and disappear unless they are preserved in some way.

Science cannot prove a negative, and it is you claiming that there was a flood so the burden of proof or evidence) is on you. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence but you don't appear to have any evidence.

If I were you I would steer clear of the lies of Henry Morris and others (the main proponents of what you write here) who make outrageous claims of the fossil record being deposited in some worldwide flood. Their hydrology cannot explain the sequence of the fossils, one of many problems they sweep under the carpet. I think Morris is dead now, and I imagine his lies have earned him a place in the lake of fire. Nasty myth that: just as well it is a lie also.

Stuart

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 28 2009,06:06)
    Give me one fact you know beyond reasonable doubt about the god you worship, something that would be perverse for anyone to deny.  

PS 53:1 The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”

Reason this is fact is the statement:

Science cannot prove a negative

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ June 04 2009,09:40)

“There is no God.”

Huh?

Stuart

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 04 2009,02:30)

“There is no God.”

Huh?

Stuart

I didn't realize it was that deep.  It cannot be proven that God does not exist.  Only a fool, therefore, would deny His existence.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ June 05 2009,02:08)

“There is no God.”

Huh?

Stuart

I didn't realize it was that deep.  It cannot be proven that God does not exist.  Only a fool, therefore, would deny His existence.

Are you foolish for denying the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

That is a logical argument.
    It cannot be proven that the Spaghetti Monster does not exist. Only a fool, therefore, would deny his existence.

Tim

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ June 05 2009,01:56)

“There is no God.”

Huh?

Stuart

Stuart

Do you, in your wisdom, claim there is one?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ June 05 2009,23:48)

Quote (Stu @ June 05 2009,01:56)

“There is no God.”

Huh?

Stuart

Stuart

Do you, in your wisdom, claim there is one?

Yes of course there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Stuart

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 05 2009,04:21)
    It cannot be proven that the Spaghetti Monster does not exist. Only a fool, therefore, would deny his existence.

Tim

Pro 14:33 Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

1Co 1:20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Any fictional character has been identified and proven as such to discerning minds. God has not been shown to be a fictional character. Some place their faith in the “Cookie Monster” and “Howdy Doodie.” I'll still go with God.

Blessings,

Seeking

Stu
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ June 05 2009,23:59)

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 05 2009,04:21)

Tim

Pro 14:33  Wisdom rests in the heart of a man of understanding, but it makes itself known even in the midst of fools.

1Co 1:20  Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Any fictional character has been identified and proven as such to discerning minds. God has not been shown to be a fictional character. Some place their faith in the “Cookie Monster” and “Howdy Doodie.”  I'll still go with God.

Blessings,

Seeking

How is your god not exactly as fictional as the FSM (bhna)?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account