Hell

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Hell is a hole in the ground, where they used to burn garbage.  The Lake of Fire is for all the unjust and Satan, his demons and Antichrist.  It is the second death.  From it there is no resurrection…Question to those that think Hell or the Lake of fire will burn forever, what is the second death????? All will burn up.  
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

I realize that Gehenna is an algorithm for the lake of fire because it has a long and bloody history as well as being the place where trash is burned. My question though is what Old Testament support for its existence is there?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (sunnyb @ Sep. 03 2002,19:02)
    in I John 1:5, the bible says that “God is light and in him is no darkness at all”.  I cannot figure out how then we can attribute a place of suffering for anything other than the spirits under lucifers control and people's spirits born of lucifers seed.  We are basically come in this life to make a descison as to wether we would like to be with God for eternity or not.  If we did descide aginst it then shouldnt we just not exist?  (gravedom….a word that comes from the greek words for Hell)  if God were to punish us for eternity for not wanting to be with him wouldnt that be fear motivation? isnt fear not light?  then that cant possibly be God….That would be like asking if you would like to play pool and if you did not then I would break your legs…wouldnt you call that fear motivation?  I believe (speaking from experience) that if you study the words for Hell (hades , geena , and shehole ) (strongs #'s in brackets) that you will conclude that what most get is gravedom…non existance.  seed of the serpant and the spirits of lucifer get suffering and the lake of fire.  I would be interested to hear what you have to say in response…I have looked at alot of the content of this website and am impressed with the large content of hard work in the area of rightly dividing the Word of God.  (II tim 2:15)  either way this site has blessed me and in return I hope that i am not wasting anyone's time. God bless and happy studying!

sonn

you have also to consider Justice and Love both the principals of God

wen God reach out to you ,out of love and truth,and we refuse it ,this may be a little thing to some;

what is there realy done; rejecting the love of God ;means you do not whant him to be your God,you do not car for his Loving kindness and justice;

that is fine seeing it from your brain,but God justice as to applied ,we have sins by the ton and so guilty to others ,and now we would chose to reject him,but about this ;; what a men sow is also what he will reap,

scriptures says that we are dead unless we coming under the light of Christ

somewere Paul says they are twice dead

Jude 1:12 These men are blemishes at your love feasts, eating with you without the slightest qualm—shepherds who feed only themselves. They are clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead

those people why would God kill them ,i believe he may have a place to send them out of Gods light ;what in reality they beged for.THIS WOULD NOT BE CRUEL;BUT ONLY TRUE JUSTICE

IN ANCIEN TIMES many were killed but this will not stop there resurrection to be saved

Pierre

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Dec. 19 2010,04:05)

Quote (sunnyb @ Sep. 03 2002,12:02)
    in I John 1:5, the bible says that “God is light and in him is no darkness at all”.  I cannot figure out how then we can attribute a place of suffering for anything other than the spirits under lucifers control and people's spirits born of lucifers seed.  We are basically come in this life to make a descison as to wether we would like to be with God for eternity or not.  If we did descide aginst it then shouldnt we just not exist?  (gravedom….a word that comes from the greek words for Hell)  if God were to punish us for eternity for not wanting to be with him wouldnt that be fear motivation? isnt fear not light?  then that cant possibly be God….That would be like asking if you would like to play pool and if you did not then I would break your legs…wouldnt you call that fear motivation?  I believe (speaking from experience) that if you study the words for Hell (hades , geena , and shehole ) (strongs #'s in brackets) that you will conclude that what most get is gravedom…non existance.  seed of the serpant and the spirits of lucifer get suffering and the lake of fire.  I would be interested to hear what you have to say in response…I have looked at alot of the content of this website and am impressed with the large content of hard work in the area of rightly dividing the Word of God.  (II tim 2:15)  either way this site has blessed me and in return I hope that i am not wasting anyone's time. God bless and happy studying!

SunnyB,

Your post is great.

It is about time people began to understand God's mercy, love, light and grace.

God is merciful even to those who reject him..

In a sense, God gives them what they wanted.

They did not want God, they do not get God.

They do not believe in God or his blessings, they don't get God or his blessings.

But where are they to go where God or his blessings are not found?

The only place where God and his blessings are not found is in death.

God lets them have what they wanted.

barley

SunnyB….> i agree with bradely you have posted it right Grave is the simplest meaning of the word HELL> IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..The word Hell is also another of the many many confusion brought on by false Christianity. The word HELL simply means GRAVE, and if GOD does not resurrect us after we die and our Body corrupts back into the ground we simply will never live again , unless he raises up a body and adds Spirit (intellect) back into it we will never exist, We MUST in order to continue to Live have a Body as Jesus did when he was resurrected. if God did NOT resurrect him and add spirit back into his body, he still would have been dead to this day. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

You are correct about the confusion which is caused by translators who chose to translated different words into the word “hell”.  Scripture speaks of Gehenah, which is the lake of fire and the final death.  It also speaks of Hades which is also called the Grave.  According to Jesus' parable of the Rich man and Lazarus hell is divided into two parts.  Scripture called the part the rich man was in Tartarus.  I am not sure what scripture calls the pleasant part that to the Jews was known as the bossom of Abraham.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 23 2010,23:14)
    Gene,

You are correct about the confusion which is caused by translators who chose to translated different words into the word “hell”.  Scripture speaks of Gehenah, which is the lake of fire and the final death.  It also speaks of Hades which is also called the Grave.  According to Jesus' parable of the Rich man and Lazarus hell is divided into two parts.  Scripture called the part the rich man was in Tartarus.  I am not sure what scripture calls the pleasant part that to the Jews was known as the bossom of Abraham.

Kerwin

those are all allegories

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

Not from what I have heard as they were all well established Jewish beliefs when Jesus, The Jewish Rabbi of all Jewish Rabbis, was teaching in his perishable body.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 23 2010,23:35)
    Pierre,

Not from what I have heard as they were all well established Jewish beliefs when Jesus, The Jewish Rabbi of all Jewish Rabbis, was teaching in his perishable body.

Kerwin

Gehenah, rich man was in Tartarus, bossom of Abraham
    those are allegories,images
    the only one that is what it is Hades which is also called the Grave.

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre,

They could be allegories to some extent but some extent is literal as well since Jesus told the believing thief that was on one of the crosses adjacent to him that they would meet in Paradise that day.   I know that Jesus would die and lay in the grave that day.  He certainly did not see the thief in heaven as he has not yet ascended.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,02:01)
    Pierre,

They could be allegories to some extent but some extent is literal as well since Jesus told the believing thief that was on one of the crosses adjacent to him that they would meet in Paradise that day.   I know that Jesus would die and lay in the grave that day.  He certainly did not see the thief in heaven as he has not yet ascended.

kerwin

so if it does not fit so it is either wrong or you read it wrong or understand it wrong,

wish one will it be??

kerwin
    Participant

Pierre.

I would like to check the Greek since the translators were heretics and therefore may have misunderstood it.

In addition it may not be literal.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 24 2010,16:23)
    Pierre.

I would like to check the Greek since the translators were heretics and therefore may have misunderstood it.

In addition it may not be literal.

Kerwin

good; :;): :;):

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 23 2010,20:02)

Pierre,

kerwin

so if it does not fit so it is either wrong or you read it wrong or understand it wrong,

wish one will it be??

Tericca………Another gross error on you part , Here is what Jesus said to the Thief on the Cross, ” I AM TELLING YOU TODAY, YOU (SHALL) BE WITH ME IN PARADISE”. Jesus did not go to paradise that day he went to the grave and stayed there for three days and three nights. Remember?. Jesus was talking about a future time when He would be in paradise with him not (THAT) particular Day he was going to be there. No one has risen except Jesus , the first resurrection has not taken place yet, except for Jesus himself. It will take place at his return as scripture says it will.

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I believed as you did at one time but a literal interpretation fits too well with both Jewish beliefs of the First Century and with the description of Hades in the parable of the Rich man and Lazarus.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 24 2010,10:40)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 23 2010,20:02)

Pierre,

kerwin

wish one will it be??

” I AM TELLING YOU TODAY, YOU (SHALL) BE WITH ME IN PARADISE”.

People have been moving the comma around in that scripture for centuries trying to prove their point (not saying this what you are doing brother gene)….but whats funny is..commas arent used in the greek language

???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK……….YA i know the original GREEK Text was written in all capital letters without Lower case lettering and no comma's at all. But if you read it straight though it still comes our Jesus was telling him (that day) that he shall (future tense) be with him in paradise and like i have said, Jesus did not go to Paradise that day he went to the grave, a far cry from paradise. IMO

Dk, would like to know what you think about Spirits having Bodies go to that thread and see what you think brother..

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

@berean2005

Revelation is filled with symbolic language. It is filled with symbols.John does tell us ‘exactly’ what the image of a burning lake of fire and sulfur was. John explains what the lake of burning fire and sulfur is. John tells us the lake of burning fire and sulfur is death — the second death.The first death is a ‘sleep’ because there is resurrection from the first death.The second death is not sleep — the second death is permanent death. There is no resurrection from the second death.Jesus Christ died to save us from the second death.The punishment for sin, from the beginning of Genesis to the end of Revelation, is death.

Amen!

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account