Has anyone seen God or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy……….What does this mean then , “Adam the Son of GOD”. Found in the linage of Jesus. What about where it say and the Sons of GOD saw the creation of God and were full of joy. Being a Son of God is not unique to Jesus, What is unique to Jesus is the Fact he is the (FIRST) from mankind to attain unto that status as a Son of GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,00:03)
    Oxy……….What does this mean then , “Adam the Son of GOD”. Found in the linage of Jesus. What about where it say and the Sons of GOD saw the creation of God and were full of joy. Being a Son of God is not unique to Jesus, What is unique to Jesus is the Fact he is the (FIRST) from mankind to attain unto that status as a Son of GOD. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Does this mean you now believe in preexistence?

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ………..I have always said Jesus preexisted (IN) the plan and WILL of GOD, Just as we have , that does not mean we or he existed in any state other then in the Nothing more and nothing Less. Jesus or us did not exist in any form before we were born on earth. IMO

peace and love…………………………gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,03:35)
    EDJ………..I have always said Jesus preexisted (IN) the plan and WILL of GOD, Just as we have , that does not mean we or he existed in any state other then in the Nothing more and nothing Less. Jesus or us did not exist in any form before we were born on earth. IMO

Jesus pre-existed as the Word of God. Scripture makes that very clear. He was the first born of the Father.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 04 2010,08:13)

Jesus pre-existed as the Word of God.  Scripture makes that very clear.  He was the first born of the Father.

Hi Oxy,

Please show us all where?

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,01:35)

Hi Gene,

Job.38:7: When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
                    So “all the Sons of God” were “Shouting” for joy in 'only' God's planned mind?

Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

ED J……….That is your conclusion, Your confusing what i said , no where did i say the sons of GOD mentioned in Job were not in existence at the time of creation that is your conjecture by not understanding what i said. Connecting that scripture with Jesus' preexistence is a stretch of the imagination.

But as i have said before, you can make scripture out to be anything if you try hard enough as proven here many times over. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 04 2010,11:12)

Quote (Oxy @ July 04 2010,08:13)

Jesus pre-existed as the Word of God.  Scripture makes that very clear.  He was the first born of the Father.

Hi Oxy,

Please show us all where?

Ed J

Jesus pre-existed as the Word of God:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
    Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    Joh 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
    Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God; his name was John.
    Joh 1:7 This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him.
    Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    Joh 1:9 He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.
    Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him.
    Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
    Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
    Joh 1:13 who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.
    Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Firstborn:

Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

Col 1:13 For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son;
    Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the remission of sins.
    Col 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born of all creation.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 04 2010,13:17)
    ED J……….That is your conclusion, Your confusing what i said , no where did i say the sons of GOD mentioned in Job were not in existence at the time of creation that is your conjecture by not understanding what i said. Connecting that scripture with Jesus' preexistence is a stretch of the imagination.

But as i have said before, you can make scripture out to be anything if you try hard enough as proven here many times over. IMO

peace and love…………………gene

Hi Gene,

Who do 'you say' these these “sons of God” were,
    that existed “Before” the world was made?

God bless
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 04 2010,17:49)

Jesus pre-existed as the Word of God:

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God.
    Joh 1:3  All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.
    Joh 1:4  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    Joh 1:5  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.
    Joh 1:6  There was a man sent from God; his name was John.
    Joh 1:7  This one came as a witness, to bear witness concerning the Light, so that all might believe through him.
    Joh 1:8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    Joh 1:9  He was the true Light; He enlightens every man coming into the world.
    Joh 1:10  He was in the world, and the world came into being through Him, and the world did not know Him.
    Joh 1:11  He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
    Joh 1:12  But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to become the children of God, to those who believe on His name,
    Joh 1:13  who were born, not of bloods, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were born of God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Firstborn:

Rom 8:29  For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.

Col 1:13  For He has delivered us from the power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son;
    Col 1:14  in whom we have redemption through His blood, the remission of sins.
    Col 1:15  who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born of all creation.

Hi Oxy,

I don't see anywhere in those Scriptures you Posted
    “The Word of God” (according to 'you') called Jesus?
    Can you point it out so we may discuss the matter?

God bless
    Ed J

Oxy
    Participant

I think this explains it Ed

Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was this way (for His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph) before they came together, she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
    Mat 1:19 But Joseph, her husband to be, being just, and not willing to make her a public example, he purposed to put her away secretly.
    Mat 1:20 And as he thought upon these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take to you Mary as your wife. For that in her is fathered of the Holy Spirit.
    Mat 1:21 And she shall bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.
    Mat 1:22 Now all this happened so that might be fulfilled that which was spoken of the LORD by the prophet, saying,
    Mat 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel,” which being interpreted is, God with us.
    Mat 1:24 And Joseph, being roused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took his wife,
    Mat 1:25 and did not know her until she bore her son, the First-born. And he called His name JESUS.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 04 2010,18:54)
    I think this explains it Ed

Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was this way (for His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph) before they came together, she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
    Mat 1:19  But Joseph, her husband to be, being just, and not willing to make her a public example, he purposed to put her away secretly.
    Mat 1:20  And as he thought upon these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take to you Mary as your wife. For that in her is fathered of the Holy Spirit.
    Mat 1:21  And she shall bear a son, and you shall call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.
    Mat 1:22  Now all this happened so that might be fulfilled that which was spoken of the LORD by the prophet, saying,
    Mat 1:23  “Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel,” which being interpreted is, God with us.
    Mat 1:24  And Joseph, being roused from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord commanded him and took his wife,
    Mat 1:25  and did not know her until she bore her son, the First-born. And he called His name JESUS.

Hi Oxy,

Those Scriptures explain, is how [ο λογος] Hō Lōgôs (The “HolySpirit”=151) became
    flesh (in “Jesus Christ”=151) for the first time since Adam's fall in the Garden of Eden.

Understand what is being said there by this parable…

Luke 8:5…11 A (Jesus) sower went out to sow his (HolySpirit) seed: and as he sowed,
    some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.
    And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because
    it lacked moisture. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and
    choked it. And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold.
    And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? And he said, Unto you
    it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables;
    that seeing they might NOT SEE, and hearing they might NOT understand.
    Now the parable is this: The seedisthe word of God. (Mark 13:11) 

John 12:40-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me,
    he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    And I (יהשוע) know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever
    I speak therefore, even as the Father (יהוה) said unto me, so I speak.

Tabernacles Feast=151
                     or “Feast of Booths”=151 is
                    “The LORD JEHOVAH”=151 in us!
                    Three Main Feasts Click Here

2Corinthians 6:16: And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?
    for ye are the [tabernacle] of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them,
    and walk in them; and I “will be”=63 their (YHVH=63) God, and they shall be my people.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy……….God (who is Spirit) Was (IN) Jesus, conciliating the World unto (himself) GOD the FATHER . He was working (TROUGH JESUS), that does not make Jesus the God who was in Him. Why can't you get that brother.

peace and love………………….gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 05 2010,02:40)
    Oxy……….God (who is Spirit) Was (IN) Jesus, conciliating the World unto (himself) GOD the FATHER . He was working (TROUGH JESUS), that does not make Jesus the God who was in Him. Why can't you get that brother.

peace and love………………….gene

My Bible tells me that the Holy Spirit was in Christ and enabled Him to walk in obedience to His Father for His three years of ministry. His Father commended Him from Heaven when the Holy Spirit came upon Him. Did God throw His voice perchance?

Luk 3:22 And the Holy Spirit came down in a bodily shape, like a dove on Him. And a voice came from Heaven, which said, You are My Son, the Beloved; I am delighted in You.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi OXY,
    Yes God shared His Spirit with His Son.
    Why do you speak of three??

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 05 2010,22:53)
    Hi OXY,
    Yes God shared His Spirit with His Son.
    Why do you speak of three??

The Bible speaks of three. Why don't you acknowledge who the Holy Spirit is? It would revolutionize you life if you were baptised in the Holy Spirit. You would speak in tongues and prophesy as the disciples did.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ July 06 2010,20:39)
    Why don't you acknowledge who the Holy Spirit is?

Hi Oxy,

Is the kettle now calling the pot black?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi OXY,
    Do you not share in the Spirit of God in Christ?
    The Spirit is one and proceeds from God.[Jn15, Eph4]

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2010,08:04)
    Hi OXY,
    Do you not share in the Spirit of God in Christ?
    The Spirit is one and proceeds from God.[Jn15, Eph4]

Hi Nick, the evidence I have of the Holy Spirit dwelling in me is that I prophesy, can speak in other tongues, have word of knowledge and other gifts as the Spirit moves. I know the Lord's direction in that He speaks to me and tells me what He requires of me.

I don't know if you have the same experiences Nick, but in all sincerity I hope you do.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Miracles are not proof.[mt7.22]
    Neither is teaching a god of your own design.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account