Has anyone seen God or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Presumption does not help.
    If it does not say JUDAS we should not put it there.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 12 2010,18:13)
    Either one or the other bought it.  I think there are something like 101? contradictions listed in Scripture according to one site I saw

Hello Oxy, nice to see you here again. Be careful about the claims you find at some sites. Are the contradictions real or perceived? Whenever I've looked into a supposed contradiction I've found there's always a rational explanation. There's quite a few sites dedicated to this type of work, e.g.

http://www.carm.org/bible-difficulties
    http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm#80
    http://kingdavid8.com/Contradictions/Home.html

You can do some digging and see for yourself but the alleged contradiction you cited has a good explanation. Here's how the last website I listed addressed it:

First of all, what happened was that Judas was given the money by the priests in order to betray Jesus, thus making it 'blood money'. After betraying Jesus, Judas gave the money back to the priests, who then used it to buy the field. However, since the money was 'blood money', it was tainted and thus could not be officially used by the priests. The only way the priests could use it to buy the field would be if they purchased it in another person's name. Since the money previously belonged to Judas, they purchased it in his name. So, in one sense, Judas himself purchased the field. However, the priests were the ones who actually purchased it. Not a contradiction.
    http://kingdavid8.com/Contradictions/Matthew/099PottersField.html

Blessings brother
    Is

JustAskin
    Participant

Is1,
    What you have written is perfectly right.

How do you further this by explaining the 'Hanging' against the 'falling and splitting open'.

Was it both: He hanged himself but the the branch broke away and he split apart on the ground after he fell?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Isa 1:18…….That is right, i was trying to say the same thing Because it was blood money they could not accept it back and it was used to purchase the field in Judas name. You presented it clearer then i did. thanks brother.

peace and ;love to you and yours……………..gene

Oxy
    Participant

Hi Isa 1:18, thanks for the welcome.

At the end of the day, all Scripture was given by a perfect God through the hands of imperfect man and then translated by imperfect man. A preface in the front of one Bible clearly states that “They have done their best..”

However, the very Word of God (Jesus) is perfect and the things He says to us can be totally trusted along with the revelations He gives us. The Scriptures are there to show us the nature of God and His principles along with the prophetic etc, but I see so many people pluck “promises” that were made to Biblical characters and claim them for themselves and so often disappointed. I have found that the further I go in my journey the more trouble I have with traditional teachings. So have I gone off track? I don't believe so simply because I believe the things that my Lord teaches me, and yes, He takes me into Scripture to teach me, and I am seeing good fruit from the things He has told me to do.

Arnold
    Participant

Welcome Oxy! So the Lord has taught you that the trinity is right? I have problems with that. The trinity is not of God, but of a man named Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullian…. He was born in A.D. 155 to pagan Parents. It is said that the trinity is His best achievement to Christianty… However is it according to Scriptures? I don't believe that.
    Deut. 4:35 “Unto Thee it was shewed that thou mightiest know that the LORD He is God; there is none besides Him.
    Deut. 6:4 “Hear O Israel; The LORD our God is one LORD.”
    1 Corinth. 8:4 ” And that there is none other God but ONE.”
    Ephesians 4:6 …. one God and Father of all, who is ABOVE all , and through all, and in us all.
    And by Jesus own words in
    John 14:28 …for My Father is greater then I…..
    1 Thes.. 5:25 “Prove all things.” Have you… I have….
    Math. 15:9 “But in vain they do worship Me, teaching the doctrine the commandments of men.

Peace and Love Irene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Arnold @ June 13 2010,08:13)
    Welcome Oxy!  So the Lord has taught you that the trinity is right?   I have problems with that.   The trinity is not of God, but of a man named Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullian…. He was born in A.D. 155 to pagan Parents.  It is said that the trinity is His best achievement to Christianty… However is it according to Scriptures?  I don't believe that.  
    Deut. 4:35 “Unto Thee it was shewed that thou mightiest know that the LORD He is God; there is none besides Him.
    Ephesians 4:6 …. one God and Father of all, who is ABOVE all , and through all, and in us all.
    1 Thes.. 5:25 “Prove all things.”  Have you… I have….
    Math. 15:9 “But in vain they do worship Me, teaching the doctrine the commandments of men.

Peace and Love Irene

Did I say trinity??? Where did I say trinity???

I mentioned that God is 3, but I did not say trinity. Traditional trinity teaching says that all 3 parts of God are coequal, which is heresy.

We know of the Father, and of the Son (who was the Word in the beginning and is now) and we know of the Holy Spirit whom Jesus received at His baptism. It's all recorded in Scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Scripture says God is one and Jesus quoted it.
    But you think differently?

The Spirit of God is Of God and PROCEEDS from God[Jn15]
    God pours of HIS Spirit.[Jl2]

Jesus Christ has become for us the source of that Spirit of God.[Jn7]

Arnold
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 13 2010,06:20)

Quote (Arnold @ June 13 2010,08:13)
    Welcome Oxy!  So the Lord has taught you that the trinity is right?   I have problems with that.   The trinity is not of God, but of a man named Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullian…. He was born in A.D. 155 to pagan Parents.  It is said that the trinity is His best achievement to Christianty… However is it according to Scriptures?  I don't believe that.  
    1 Thes.. 5:25 “Prove all things.”  Have you… I have….

Peace and Love Irene

Did I say trinity???  Where did I say trinity???

I mentioned that God is 3, but I did not say trinity.  Traditional trinity teaching says that all 3 parts of God are coequal, which is heresy.

We know of the Father, and of the Son (who was the Word in the beginning and is now) and we know of the Holy Spirit whom Jesus received at His baptism.  It's all recorded in Scripture.

Oxy When you say that there are three does that not make a trinity?????? Even though you say that they are not equal but do you say that the Holy Spirit is a person? If so then you belief something I don't. The Holy Spirit is Jehovah God's Spirit….You did not make yourself clear when you said what you did in your post before, so what is that, a half of trinity???? never heard of that before……Irene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,08:29)
    Hi Oxy,

Indeed God is One.. as you are one, but there are three parts of you.

Scripture says that Jesus said He would send the Spirit to us.. John 15:26 And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do you doubt the Spirit is of God and now Christ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 13 2010,06:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,08:29)
    Hi Oxy,

Indeed God is One.. as you are one, but there are three parts of you.

Scripture says that Jesus said He would send the Spirit to us.. John 15:26  And when the Comforter has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He shall testify of Me.

Oxy………You have said that right , the spirit come fro the FATHER and abides in all his childern including Jesus himself. But what do you do with this quoted by Jesus, FOR THOU ARE THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD, the word thou means someone else besides the person doing the talking so it could not have meant Jesus right?. and again another Jesus quote, HEAR O ISREAL THE LORD OUR GOD IS (ONE) LORD. Think about it brother.

peace and love to you and yours……………….gene

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Oxy,

There is a new Trinity creed which 'does not claim the CoEquality'…
    It states that the three are 'CoEternal' (whatever that means), and 'CoExistent' (Whatever that means)

The main point is the subtle change of dropping the 'coequality' because it has been a source of pain for them.

They cannot reconcile Scriptures against such 'in your face claims by Jesus' such as 'My Father is greater than I', or 'My Father has given me the power and authority' and also that the Father gives Jesus Christ HIS kingdom to rule over and then Jesus hands it back…
    How is that coequality?

Also, that both the Father AND the Son 'Send' the Holy Spirit.

The new creed states that 'There is hierachy in the Trinity'…..!

The Father is the Greater God, and then the Son, and they are both greater than the Holy Spirit.

Now, with these subtle 'publicly unpronounced' changes, Trinitarians can now declare all manner of 'truths' that they could not before while still claiming to be Trinitarians (Desperarians).

Over time, the new creed will become everyday creed and will catch out many nondespararians in debates and disputes.

The 'nd' will still be arguing 'but you say they are coequal'.

The 'd' will say,'no, trinity doesn't say coequal'…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JA,
    And now the polytheism is undeniable

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2010,08:48)
    Oxy………You have said that right , the spirit come fro the FATHER and abides in all his childern including Jesus himself. But what do you do with this quoted by Jesus, FOR THOU ARE THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD, the word thou means someone else besides the person doing the talking so it could not have meant Jesus right?. and again another Jesus quote, HEAR O ISREAL THE LORD OUR GOD IS (ONE) LORD. Think about it brother.

Gene, do you think I don't think?? lol

Was not Jesus made a little lower than the angels? Heb 2:7-9

In the beginning He was with God and was God as the Word of God.

Then He was made a little lower than the angels and born as man (no longer God), so of course He referred to God as being separate from Himself.

But then read the prayer that Jesus prayed in John 17 esp verse 5, And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was…

And in Rev 19.13 you see the Word of God (who obviously was Christ) riding on the white horse.. the very same Word of God that was in the beginning as described in John 1.1

You see Gene, I have been thinking, but more importantly, I've asked God questions and He has answered them for me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy……..I believe you are thinking that is not the question here , what i am questing is you interpitation of what you are reading brother not your thinking about it. The Glory Jesus had in the beginning was a Predestined GLORY and Jesus the MAN understood that God had predestined Him for that Glory, not that he was there and then morphed and came into existence again. You assume that the (WORD) of GOD (IS) Jesus is in error because Jesus himself said the words he was speaking was (NOT) HIS Words, so How could He be that WORD that was NOT HIS> Jesus could be attributed as the one who Speaks GOD'S words and in that sense be reckoned as the word of GOD, but that does not make him the actual WORD itself. He is a spokesman ,”GOD SPOKE IN TIMES PAST (THROUGH) THE PROPHETS, BUT IN THESE LATTER DAYS HAS SPOKEN TO US (THROUGH) A SON. Think about it Oxy.

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2010,09:17)
    Oxy……..I believe you are thinking that is not the question  here , what i am questing is you interpitation of what you are reading brother not your thinking about it. The Glory Jesus had in the beginning was a Predestined GLORY and Jesus the MAN understood that God had predestined Him for that Glory, not that he was there and then morphed and came into existence again. You assume that the (WORD) of GOD (IS) Jesus is in error because Jesus himself said the words he was speaking was (NOT) HIS Words, so How could He be that WORD that was NOT HIS>  Jesus could be attributed as the one who Speaks GOD'S words and in that sense be reckoned as the word of GOD, but that does not make him the actual WORD itself.  He is a spokesman ,”GOD SPOKE IN TIMES PAST (THROUGH) THE PROPHETS,  BUT IN THESE LATTER DAYS HAS SPOKEN TO US (THROUGH) A SON.  Think about it Oxy.

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Gene, what about all the times the Word of God came to people in the Old Testament and spoke to them? There are over 100 mentions of the Word of God speaking to people.

With all due respect, I think it is your turn to think about it brother.

JustAskin
    Participant

Gene,
    And what of Jesus asking, 'and what if you see the son of man ascending to where he was before?'
    Where was that … There's an obvious answer and another obvious answer…!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Oxy………Exactly what about that, did that make those who GOD spoke to and (through) like the Prophets a GOD? NO, so why did that all change with Jesus?. What difference is there in what GOD Did In Jesus that he did not do in the Prophets. Remember it say (GOD) spoke to us (THROUGH) the prophets and and He also spoke to us (THROUGH) a Son, whats the difference it still was GOD that was speaking. right?

peace and love……………gene

Quote (Oxy @ June 12 2010,14:59)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2010,08:48)

Gene, do you think I don't think??  lol

Was not Jesus made a little lower than the angels? Heb 2:7-9

In the beginning He was with God and was God as the Word of God.

Then He was made a little lower than the angels and born as man (no longer God), so of course He referred to God as being separate from Himself.

But then read the prayer that Jesus prayed in John 17 esp verse 5, And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was…

And in Rev 19.13 you see the Word of God (who obviously was Christ) riding on the white horse.. the very same Word of God that was in the beginning as described in John 1.1

You see Gene, I have been thinking, but more importantly, I've asked God questions and He has answered them for me.

Hey Oxy

How are you?

Good to see you here again!

Blessings Keith

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account