Happy birthday to my big brother

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RokkaMan
    Participant

My brother passed away roughly 8 months ago on Dec. 09 2009.

Today is his birthday! (Aug. 23rd 2010).

He by far was and is the greatest christian I know

Here's his story, summarized for an easy ead.

————–

Ndubuisi 'Titus' Ogbaa Biography

My brother was real wicked and evil as a kid. He always got in fights, had the most vulgar mouth you could ever imagine.
    He didn't respect my mom or dad nor us siblings or anyone. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, whenever he wanted. He was a walking devil.

One day when he was about 18 years of age and preparing for college, a family meeting was called at a family friend's house. My father in whom was recently divorced to my mother was invited so that the family can discuss his signing of my brother's college papers so that he may be admitted free of tuition.

My father being the wicked man he was at the time, refused my brother's future (for we could not afford college, and he was our only option) basically to spite my mother and Titus for the divorce.

That night my brother had a panic attack, in which he wanted to cry over the situation, but couldn't… he kept repeating “I want to cry, but I can't cry” over and over again. The ambulance was called and he went to the hospital.

He came back the next morning, kinda different and zombified (from what I could remember).

Later that day he left and went downtown to walk around.
    All of a sudden, a homeless lady sitting on the bench called out to him  and asked if he had of found Jesus Christ as his saviour.

Intrigued by this, he stood there and accepted her offer for a prayer. The lady then pressed a hankerchief to his forhead and prayed. The minute she did that he collapsed and had another panic attack/mental breakdown.

This time, he was speaking in tongues…

he kept repeating the words… “shidimaka shidi maka shidi maka”

———

A couple days later he was released back into our home.

Upon coming home, all he would talk about was God.

This was something foreign in our home.

We all claimed to be christian, but I can assure that none of us really were.

———

Since that day, my brother was never the same…

he had severe bipolar and was classified “disabled”

so bad that he spent 10 years of his life in the mental hospital, but through it all he kept Christ close.

He had a lot of problems to work through, but eventually, about 3 years ago… he was released and flew down from CT to live with us who all had moved to TX at the time.

———

He lived with my mother, my other brother and I for about 1 year, then succeeded not only getting a job, but having his own place.

———

Explaining his mental disability: he wasn't crazy or anything, he just never grew up from age 17 in a way. He didn't have child like mannerisms, more like teenage mannerisms even though he was roughly 30years old.

He just kinda didn't fit socially… like he would see a stranger walking down the street and he'd say hello.

Even though the stranger would think it wierd, my brother considered that this is how it should be and will be in heaven, so he acted accordingly.

————

Anyways long story short.

He got to live on his own in his own apt, and he enjoyed the last 3 years of his life more than any time in his life.

Through-out his life, he did many works.

One of which was bringing me to christianity, and getting me baptized.

He also influenced the rest of the family to be baptized and seek God, he also touched nearly everyone he met, and encouraged them to find God in which they did.

———–

Through-out his struggles, he was living proof of what real faith in God meant. He suffered psychotic attacks where he'd be gripped with overwhelming fear (panic attacks) but always kept faith in God.

———–

The Good Part

One day he told me how he went to church, and a lady prophet prophesied for him.

She had told him, ” that if you hadn't of gotten saved that day downtown, you were going to walk into the street and get hit by a car, die and go to hell”

My brother believed her very much and professed this prophesy to a lot of people.

——————-

Dec 09, 2009. roughly 10 years after that prophesy, my brother was crossing the street to go to the gas station, a college kid struck him with his car and killed him instantly.

As sad as the story is and as much as it hurts… it's clear

——————-

His Fate never changed. That was his destiny to die in that manner, but because he gave himself to God… he was granted the grace of staying with us 10+ more years, to be a salt and light to the world.

That's probably why his mental condition never allowed him to grow up completely…

because he never was suppose to be here after that day.

but because of The Grace of God, my brother has touched so many lives and is the sole reason me and my family are going to heaven.

————-

I love you with all my heart, miss you, and can't wait to see you again!

Happy B-Day Big Bro!!!

shimmer
    Participant

Thank you for sharing that RokkaMan.

Happy Birthday to your big brother.

Ed J
    Participant

Shalom RokkaMan,

That's a very touching story!
    May YHVH comfort you in your
    time of sorrow! (Ecclesiastes 3:4)

B'Shem
    YHVH

Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 23 2010,19:27)

————–

My brother was real wicked and evil as a kid. He always got in fights, had the most vulgar mouth you could ever imagine.
    He didn't respect my mom or dad nor us siblings or anyone. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, whenever he wanted. He was a walking devil.

One day when he was about 18 years of age and preparing for college, a family meeting was called at a family friend's house. My father in whom was recently divorced to my mother was invited so that the family can discuss his signing of my brother's college papers so that he may be admitted free of tuition.

My father being the wicked man he was at the time, refused my brother's future (for we could not afford college, and he was our only option) basically to spite my mother and Titus for the divorce.

That night my brother had a panic attack, in which he wanted to cry over the situation, but couldn't… he kept repeating “I want to cry, but I can't cry” over and over again. The ambulance was called and he went to the hospital.

He came back the next morning, kinda different and zombified (from what I could remember).

All of a sudden, a homeless lady sitting on the bench called out to him  and asked if he had of found Jesus Christ as his saviour.

Intrigued by this, he stood there and accepted her offer for a prayer. The lady then pressed a hankerchief to his forhead and prayed. The minute she did that he collapsed and had another panic attack/mental breakdown.

———

———

so bad that he spent 10 years of his life in the mental hospital, but through it all he kept Christ close.

He had a lot of problems to work through, but eventually, about 3 years ago… he was released and flew down from CT to live with us who all had moved to TX at the time.

———

He lived with my mother, my other brother and I for about 1 year, then succeeded not only getting a job, but having his own place.

———

Explaining his mental disability: he wasn't crazy or anything, he just never grew up from age 17 in a way. He didn't have child like mannerisms, more like teenage mannerisms even though he was roughly 30years old.

He just kinda didn't fit socially… like he would see a stranger walking down the street and he'd say hello.

Even though the stranger would think it wierd, my brother considered that this is how it should be and will be in heaven, so he acted accordingly.

————

He got to live on his own in his own apt, and he enjoyed the last 3 years of his life more than any time in his life.

He also influenced the rest of the family to be baptized and seek God, he also touched nearly everyone he met, and encouraged them to find God in which they did.

———–

Through-out his struggles, he was living proof of what real faith in God meant. He suffered psychotic attacks where he'd be gripped with overwhelming fear (panic attacks) but always kept faith in God.

———–

The Good Part

One day he told me how he went to church, and a lady prophet prophesied for him.

She had told him, ” that if you hadn't of gotten saved that day downtown, you were going to walk into the street and get hit by a car, die and go to hell”

My brother believed her very much and professed this prophesy to a lot of people.

——————-

Dec 09, 2009. roughly 10 years after that prophesy, my brother was crossing the street to go to the gas station, a college kid struck him with his car and killed him instantly.

——————-

His Fate never changed. That was his destiny to die in that manner, but because he gave himself to God… he was granted the grace of staying with us 10+ more years, to be a salt and light to the world.

That's probably why his mental condition never allowed him to grow up completely…

but because of The Grace of God, my brother has touched so many lives and is the sole reason me and my family are going to heaven.

————-

Happy B-Day Big Bro!!!

Hi RM:

The Good News is that if you continue in the faith you will see your big brother again.

May you be comforted through the hope of this reunion.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

davidbfun
    Participant

Quote (RokkaMan @ Aug. 24 2010,03:27)

————–

———

———

———

———

————

———–

———–

The Good Part

——————-

——————-

————-

Happy B-Day Big Bro!!!

RM,

Those two dates are important in my life as well:
    12/9/29 is my father's birthdate but he died 8 years ago.
    8/23/57 is my little sister's birthdate.

Your story reminded me that we all have “an appointment” with death.

My father was the “salt of the earth” and lived his life as a rock for his family and was not “religious” or a Bible thumper like one of his sons :) but was a much bigger man than I've ever seen. I was blessed and lucky to have had him for my father and your story brings back pleasant thoughts of him as well as grief for his absence.

Peace be with you.

The Professor

Lightenup
    Participant

RM,
    Thank you for your story. I am so glad that he touched so many lives and is now at peace with God. Happy Birthday to your bro!

Baker
    Participant

RM  That is a heart warming testimony, and I want to thank you for it.  It brought tears to my eyes.  My Father was killed in the war, and I have a whole in my heart.   I have longed for my Father all my life and can't wait to finally meet Him….So Happy Birthday to your Brother….and best wishes to you Irene

Admin
    Keymaster

Moved to a more appropriate forum.
    BTW, thanks for sharing this.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother RokkaMan,
    Happy birth day to the unseen brother. At times I even doubt the very existence of God by reading such pathetic stories. I see most of the christians only suffer to die than enjoy life.
    My deepest heart felt condolence to you brother.
    Peace to you too..
    Adam

mikeangel
    Participant

Thanks RM, Like someone said, you will be together again, I'm glad you shared this- Godbless you and your family- Mark P.S. How are they now? Like a movie that ends too soon I was wondering what happened to the driver and if he was delt with.

mikeangel
    Participant

P.S.S. I noticed that the anniversary is coming up. The first one is the toughest. My prayers to you and your family. I identify with him. They say I am borderline bipolar. I wear buttons that I had made that say “I Love you”, and I get both good and strange reactions. I also say hello to alot of strangers, but I wait to get eye contact first, not to everyone. Laters- Me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account