Halloween is coming up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,115 total)
  • Author

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,10:07)
    Well, my daughter made it through her first “we ain't celebrating on halloween” last night.  My husband and I took our stand against halloween and I believe my daughter learned about dying to self yesterday.  With my 17 year old son and 12 year old daughter and my husband, we had a family night and enjoyed just being together and playing some fun games.  We did have one group knock on our door (a skeleton, a grim reaper and a star wars character) and we welcomed them and gave them some candy, their dog came right into our house and laid on his back ready for a belly rub and had to be dragged out cause he didn't want to leave.  We all had a laugh at that.  We usually don't get many door knockers because it is an uphill trek to our front door which is about 100 yards from the street.  So, I just wanted to let you know what we ended up doing.  Thanks to all for helping me sort through this.

God bless,
    Kathi

Cool you opened your door to Satan and his children.

John 8:44
    Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Act 13:10
    And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

1John 3:8-10
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Revelation 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:15
    For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 01 2009,18:06)

Well, my daughter made it through her first “we ain't celebrating on halloween” last night.  My husband and I took our stand against halloween and I believe my daughter learned about dying to self yesterday.  With my 17 year old son and 12 year old daughter and my husband, we had a family night and enjoyed just being together and playing some fun games.  We did have one group knock on our door (a skeleton, a grim reaper and a star wars character) and we welcomed them and gave them some candy, their dog came right into our house and laid on his back ready for a belly rub and had to be dragged out cause he didn't want to leave.  We all had a laugh at that.  We usually don't get many door knockers because it is an uphill trek to our front door which is about 100 yards from the street.  So, I just wanted to let you know what we ended up doing.  Thanks to all for helping me sort through this.

God bless,
    Kathi

No, no one looked like that.

seekingtruth
    Participant

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10″Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
    13″But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14″I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,15:31)

God bless,
    Kathi

No, no one looked like that.

John 8:44
    Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Act 13:10
    And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, [thou] child of the devil, [thou] enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

1John 3:8-10
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Revelation 21:8
    But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:15
    For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 01 2009,16:05)
    9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10″Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'
    13″But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14″I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. 2Corinthians 11:14-16

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 2Corinthians 2:11

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:8

By refusing a Pagan Custom and tradition is in no way exalting. By being obedient by no means makes me a Pharasee.

But knowing the difference, between the Pagan custom and tradition, and condoning, accepting, downplaying, changing it, masquerading it, etc. . . is yet another matter.

Call me what you wish, I accept it.

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,13:07)

God bless,
    Kathi

Hi Kathi

Glad you had a good time!

At church we also had a great time of fun and fellowship with the kids.

Dressing up like Bible Characters was very inspiring. Each person had to have three clues for who they were.

There was a prize for the one who got the most right.

The kids learned a lot about the characters and even the adults.

We started the night with salad and some pizza. We made sure to cast out the demons that were attached to the “Halloween” pizza boxs, :D

Got home to late for the kids coming to the door, and I doubt there would have been many since it was raining pretty hard.

Blessings Keith

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 01 2009,22:00)

By refusing a Pagan Custom and tradition is in no way exalting. By being obedient by no means makes me a Pharasee.

But knowing the difference, between the Pagan custom and tradition, and condoning, accepting, downplaying, changing it, masquerading it, etc. . . is yet another matter.

Call me what you wish, I accept it.

Call us what you wish, we accept it also!

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Keith,
    Sounds like fun…it would have been fun earlier in October also and wouldn't have appeared like a halloween celebration then. That would have given you a chance with your neighbors. Just my two cents.
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,23:41)
    Keith,
    Sounds like fun…it would have been fun earlier in October also and wouldn't have appeared like a halloween celebration then.  That would have given you a chance with your neighbors.  Just my two cents.
    Kathi

Kathi

I wonder what your neighbor thought about you giving the kids that came to your door candy? Do you thnk they may have stumbled?

WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

God bless,
    Kathi

Con,
    Maybe next year, you can hide in the bushes and caste the first stone as the little ones come up the sidewalk. ??? :(

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 01 2009,23:46)

Keith,
    Sounds like fun…it would have been fun earlier in October also and wouldn't have appeared like a halloween celebration then.  That would have given you a chance with your neighbors.  Just my two cents.
    Kathi

Kathi

I wonder what your neighbor thought about you giving the kids that came to your door candy? Do you thnk they may have stumbled?

WJ

Keith,
    No, but I think that they would be turned off of what and who we represent if we were sitting in the dark, hoping they would go away and they knew it.

Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,23:51)

Keith,
    Kathi

Kathi

WJ

Keith,
    No, but I think that they would be turned off of what and who we represent if we were sitting in the dark, hoping they would go away and they knew it.

Kathi

Amen! I agree!

Blessings WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 01 2009,20:53)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 01 2009,23:51)

Keith,
    Kathi

Kathi

WJ

Keith,

Kathi

Amen! I agree!

Blessings WJ

Someone sits in the dark?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CT……..I did, why invite them over, is the way is see it. Well i had my TV on. If your inferring Fear of them , you would be sadly mistaking.

gene

georg
    Participant

Halloween is over, and yet we have to discuss it? Oh, does this mean so much t you all? Heh Nick turn it off. Irene:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    We were all satan's children once.

Quote (georg @ Nov. 02 2009,13:59)
    Halloween is over, and yet we have to discuss it?  Oh, does this mean so much t you all?  Heh Nick turn it off.  Irene:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And yet you can find the time to commment on it with some more of your critisism!

:D :D :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi ya'll,

It's that time of year again. I debated about bringing this topic up since it was such a drama filled one last year, but something happened today that reminded me of it…

Last year discussing this helped me to re-dedicate my past stance of not participating in a celebration that even appears like a halloween celebration in our neighborhood or at our church at their 'fall festival' that was held on the same evening of the trick or treating.

My 12 year old daughter had a hard time with this since, we, in the past had allowed her to go to the fall festival in costume and then come home and go around the neighborhood with her candy bucket in the back of the pick up that her father drove. She had made a comment on her Facebook then about how her 'mother' was not letting her have any fun for Halloween and couldn't even go to the church fall festival on that night. That led to a discussion about what you can and what you shouldn't put on FB, btw. I soon got a comment about that note on Facebook from our youth pastor's wife and she said that she had gone through the same feelings as I had about the church's celebrations on halloween and the whole trick or treating thing.

Then, today in church, the usher sat us way up near the front where we don't normally sit, and during the 'meet and greet' time, an acquaintance sitting behind me got my attention and told me that she had been meaning to tell me all year that she had seen that message of my daughter's on Facebook and was thankful for my firm stance on the matter and was happy to see that she was not the only one. Well, that was truly uplifting because just last night, my daughter was looking at a picture of her in a Raggedy Ann costume and made the comment, 'my last halloween and we weren't even in town for it.' We brought her costume on a trip out of town and my husband took her trick or treating around a local neighborhood there which was a couple of years ago.

This year, one of my college grads that is now living at home since graduation in August asked if we could throw a huge 'blow out' of a party on the last weekend of October with a bon fire. I told him that I didn't want to do anything that resembled celebrating halloween and that if he could come up with an idea that CLEARLY demonstrated that he was having a gathering not at all to build up the idea of halloween, but to glorify the Lord then he should present that to me and we would discuss it.

Well, today we discussed an idea and I will tell you about it if God brings it to fruition…stay tuned. It could be a real cool neighborhood outreach.

Godbless ya'll,
    Kathi

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account