God's Glory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    brent.stock7
    Participant

Hi, I have a question about the Father saying, “And my glory I will not give to another.”-

I believe Him, but I don't understand then the glory given to the Son..

Of course, the glory comes back to the Father for the Son said, “Father glorify me, that you may be glorified.”

So, then by the Father saying, “And my glory I will not give to another..”- All glory returns back to Him? But then if he said this, why give it to anyone in the first place?

Someone please help me to understand. Thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

brent.stock7………..Good question, God said he gives His glory to no (MAN), so whats Gods Glory , He is the (ONLY) creator and the (ONLY) miracle worker there is. We are told to honor Jesus even as we honor the Father , but honor is one thing and Glorify is quite another. All the works of Jesus were performed by GOD the Father, Remember he said he could do (nothing) of himself. Jesus himself was a work of God the Father who is the (ONLY TRUE GOD). Remember Jesus said I have Glorified you Father on the earth, we need to do the same thing Jesus Did. When men Glorify Jesus and worship Him as (THE ALMIGHTY GOD) as Trinitarians do, they are stealing Glory from the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD.

love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

Tiffany
    Participant

Gene, excellent reply.

Georg

brent.stock7
    Participant

Gene I believe what you do, but somehow when I read scripture it doesn't add up. Even Paul writes, “Praise and honor be to God the Father and his Son Yahshua.” Wait, why give praise to the Son? For all that he has, and even did came from the Father and the Son could do NOTHING on his own- so ALL the praise and EVERYTHING worth ANYTHING belongs to the Father. Now, if the Father says to honor the Son, then I will do it because who am I to contest the Father? What he says goes, but that is only if he says it; I refuse to praise the Son of God, because this is not what he taught. He didn't even teach to pray to him, but he taught to pray to the Father. I will honor him because the Father has said to but to praise, no, and for him to recieve glory thats just something I don't fully understand. I mean, I comprehend that all glory the Father gives will be linked back to him anyway. Such as glory even I recieve from others I have the choice to explain to them where I've recieved (whatever they glorify in me) it from- And that is from the Father; similar to what the Son said, “I can do nothing on my own, but the Father is who enables me..” So is the type of 'glory' which is spoken about in the Bible.? Because, my God said, “MY glory I will not give to another.”

Hopefully this is correct, and that I am not confused, but if I am someone please correct me. Regardless, I have a spirit that cries, “Abba, Father” – Not Jesus Christ, not Yahshua, noooo I cry Abba, Father. יהוה ! MY ELOHIM! The God of the Israelites, the who chose the Jews and now has grafted gentiles in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi bs7,
    God has His own glory.
    It is not shared.

The Monogenes Son, the Word made flesh, has his own glory.
    He was FULL OF grace and truth

Jn1
    14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Brent.stock7………You have it right, as long as you understand that God the Father is the head and a Sovereign God as you show in your post you have it right, The honor we give Jesus to to the glory of the Father. Just as it says every knee (could Bend) and give honor to Jesus (to the glory of GOD the Father). You have it right.

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Brent.stock7.
    Thank you for your post. It is well thought out, and you present your opinion with much thought, and with a humble attitude, which is pleasing to all who read it. I agree with what you say, our God is a sovereign, and “all is of God” as scripture says, and Jesus could do nothing unless the Father shows Him. But His (Jesus) death and resurrection is what “justified” us, and God sees our sin no more. This is why I believe we honour Him, He paid our debt, He suffered mental anguish, pain, and humiliation for us, and we are imputed to have “died with Him”, our debt paid. But as you say, it was God in Him that caused this to happen, all the Glory goes to God, but we do honour the Son for what He has done. So I guess I would say, I'm not sure as to whether we should praise Him (Jesus) as we would the Father, you are right in saying “all is if God”. I'll give it some further thought, thanks for sparking and interest in this subject.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    No man was justified simply by the death of Jesus.
    But that action enabled all men to be able to be saved by the way of Jesus.

He is the door and the shepherd for the sheep who repent and choose to follow him into eternal pastures.

chosenone
    Participant

Ro.3:25 …24 Being justified gratuitously in His grace, through the deliverance which is in Christ Jesus
    Ro.4:25 …25 Who was given up because of our offenses, and was roused because of our justifying.

Your gospel doesn't agree with scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Context.

You should not apply the teaching of Paul to the Roman Christians to all the heathen rebels.
    Let them first hear and respond in faith to the gospel of the kingdom of God.
    Otherwise it does not apply to them in any way.

chosenone
    Participant

Ro.5:18 … Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Same old problem with PAS as David explained.

Many indeed are made righteous.
    Rom5
    18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all [3956]men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all[3956] men unto justification of life.
    19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Number 3956
    Transliteration:
    pas {pas}
    Word Origin:
    including all the forms of declension
    TDNT:
    5:886,795
    Part of Speech:
    adjective
    Usage in the KJV:
    all 748, all things 170, every 117, all men 41, whosoever 31, everyone 28, whole 12, all manner of 11, every man 11, no 3756 9, every thing 7, any 7, whatsoever 6, whosoever 3739 302 3, always 1223 3, daily 2250 2, any thing 2, no 3361 2, not tr 7, misc 26

Total: 1243
    Definition:
    individually
    each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything
    collectively
    some of all types
    … “the whole world has gone after him” Did all the world go after Christ? “then went all Judea, and were baptized of him in Jordan.” Was all Judea, or all Jerusalem, baptized in Jordan? “Ye are of God, little children”, and the whole world lieth in the wicked one”. Does the whole world there mean everybody? The words “world” and “all” are used in some seven or eight senses in Scripture, and it is very rarely the “all” means all persons, taken individually. The words are generally used to signify that Christ has redeemed some of all sorts — some Jews, some Gentiles, some rich, some poor, and has not restricted His redemption to either Jew or Gentile … C.H. Spurgeon from a sermon on Particular Redemption
    TDNT – Theological Dictionary of the New Testament
    TWOT – Theological Word Book of the Old Testament

But men are never said to be all saved.
    You misunderstand.

But the door is still open if you wish to be.

chosenone
    Participant

What does “ALL” mean to you? Must be different than the dictionary says?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Look up PAS.
    ALL is one of the meanings but beacuse there are others you cannot prove it means all men will be saved.
    A fine theory but contrary to all the principles of faith.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 26 2008,08:53)
    CO,
    Context.

You should not apply the teaching of Paul to the Roman Christians to all the heathen rebels.
    Let them first hear and respond in faith to the gospel of the kingdom of God.
    Otherwise it does not apply to them in any way.

Nick………….where is that written in scripture, you shouldn't makes statements that scripture doesn't backup. Jesus died for the Sons of the (WHOLE) world. Not ours only.

1John 2:2…> And He is the Propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

love and peace to you and yours……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Indeed GB,
    What a pity the whole world does not come to him to enjoy that salvation.

chosenone
    Participant

God will be “All in all”.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Who will be among the all remaining?

chosenone
    Participant

None.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account