Go Baltimore Ravens!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Hey, Hey, Hey, watch it there…  :angry:

Just kidding, Go Bears! (oh well, kinda like the Cubs, maybe next year)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The last photo is funny, and makes a good point.

But that comparison video says it all. The NFL hits were at least 50% more brutal, and were being done at much higher speeds.

You know you've been hit hard when your helmet gets knocked clean off and flies about 50 feet the other direction.

There are some other “NFL Hard Hits” videos on YouTube that show some even worse ones than this video showed.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes agreed that the hits are harder. It does raise this question though. Because the helmet and padding protects, it obviously leads to bigger hits. So I wonder what sport is more dangerous when that is taken into consideration. I saw a doco a while back about brain damaged retired NFL players who were complaining about the lack of compensation.

In Rugby I have never heard of anyone getting brain damage, I guess because the knocks aren't as hard and not as frequent, plus the only contact is made against the guy with the ball and those tackling him.

Rugby does have a bad track record for causing paralysis. Although only minuscule in percentage, paralysis is a very serious consequence for playing a sport. It concerns me enough to consider whether I want my kids to play that sport.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The rugby players are better tacklers. They have to do it correctly, because of the lack of protection.

I think the pads and helmets in the NFL give the player a false sense of security. And because of that, they don't practice safe tackling techniques – despite the fact that these safe techniques are taught from grade school on up.

I would post another sport I enjoy, but football is really all I watch. Once in a while I'll watch a NASCAR race, or some golf with my dad. But I LOVE football.

We just had the NFL draft this weekend, and it got higher TV ratings than the baseball World Series. Higher than the NBA playoffs. Much higher than any hockey tournament.

And this was just the DRAFT – where teams pick the guys out of college that they want on their teams for this upcoming year! :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

We don't get much coverage on NASCAR here in NZ, but do get Indycar results on the News due to Scott Dixon being a Kiwi I suspect.

Proclaimer
    Participant

This guy played for my home town. He was famous in the 90s for running over players. I reckon he would have done well in NFL.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yeah, that guy is a beast for sure.  He reminds me of our own “Beast Mode”………..

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proof that the Nephilim are still here. The legends of new. lol.

Proclaimer
    Participant

The thing about Rugby is that there is a position for all shapes and sizes. Short and quick off the mark, fast, strong, heavy…Here's another guy from my home town and back in the 90s as well. He was the master of side stepping. I guess we haven't produced any legends since that decade, so forgive the not so great video quality.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ May 12 2014,21:23)
    Proof that the Nephilim are still here.

:D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Myself and two sons decided google our names and see who came up no1 and we got this guy.
    Wow, what a legend. While I’m not an NFL fan, a player like that could surely tempt me to be one.
    Enjoy!

Proclaimer
    Participant

I could almost become a fan of this game after watching these two videos.

My two sons belong to a football (soccer) academy and watch lots of Youtube videos. These videos kind of appeared as recommended and we watched them and they were inspiring.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account