Gnosticism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

wob……….Not if you think the (ONLY) truth existed in Scripture, then you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the nose. And many who believe that the (ONLY) truth is in scripture don't even understand what scripture there quoting is even saying. Truth is Truth no matter where it comes from and most Known truths doesn't even come from the bible Just some truth and even that truth has been perverted by man or we would not have thousands of different religious denominations. All claiming to have (“THE TRUTH”). IMO

love and peace to you and yours……………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Truth is established and proven from scripture.
    Many claim to have other sources but this is vanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Trinitarianism also cannot find in scripture the specific foundation to justify itself
    so is reliant on other sources such as tradition and thus is also of gnosticism.

NickHassan
    Participant

For Gene,
    They rely of “truths' they 'KNOW' from outside scripture.
    Like Spirit is intellect and your other ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Well being you are mouthing off about this then it is up to you to produce your Proof from scripture the shows the contrary view right, I realize YOU believe GOD has no INTELLECT, (because He is SPIRIT) But you have a right to believe as you choose thats your problem not ours. I believe GOD has all the intellect that ever existed and uses it to effect His will on all thing. And I don't believe His (INTELLECT) is cold and without LOVE as you seem to think INTELLECT is, Maybe yours is that way don't know. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    We know of your obsession with intellect.
    Turn instead to the God of love.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck……The GOD i SERVE is a GOD of all INTELLECT even the INTELLECT that causes LOVE . YOU can't separate true Intellect from true LOVE. He is not a GOD of LOVE which has (NO) INTELLECT that He gives to his (true) childern causing them to love also By the Godly Intellect given them in there minds.

I realize your intellect is COLD as you said, but thank GOD HIS and HIS children's intellects are not cold but causes love and mercy to work in there Hearts and minds. Thank God for that!

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So you say.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    Now back to the revealed truths of scripture.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,15:17)
    G,
    So you say.

A Sabellian scolding a Gnostic?

This would be funny if it weren't so distressing. :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    But you claim to be standing steady on the foundation of man's making.
    You have cut away the anchor and are adrift in speculative folly.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 27 2009,17:46)
    Hi CA,
    But you claim to be standing steady on the foundation of man's making.

No…that is what YOU always CLAIM I do. I do not claim this.

You have cut away the anchor and are adrift in speculative folly.

You are the speculator with your private interpretation of the Scriptures at variance with the holy apostles and saints of God in all times and places.

Folly? The fool is he who leans on his own understanding. You should try trusting in the Lord with all your heart.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ca,
    Following men only leads to the same pit.
    Those offering empty and sanctimonius human religion will make few sales here.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,17:44)

G,
    So you say.

This would be funny if it weren't so distressing.   :(

I don't think Nick believes that Jesus is a different “mode” of God. He believes he is the Son of God – his own person.

I've always hated labeling….. Labels are for cans. :;):

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 27 2009,18:46)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 27 2009,17:44)

G,
    So you say.

This would be funny if it weren't so distressing.   :(

I don't think Nick believes that Jesus is a different “mode” of God.  He believes he is the Son of God – his own person.

I've always hated labeling…..  Labels are for cans.   :;):

Agreed. I didn't know that about Nick's theology. So thanks for the heads up.

As for the labeling….I was primarily trying to point out hypocrisy. But as you pointed out, I got Nick “labeled” wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Is it hypocrisy to point out the emptiness of catholic religion?
    It is like to any pagan organisation that attempts to bridge the chasm to God by self effort.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    There is room for you in the body of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Catholicism is the ultimate gnostic faith.
    Extrabiblical information is the foundation of their teaching while the Word if God is paid polite inattention.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck………..But you preach Gnostic teachings also, (the preexistence) of Jesus that is a Gnostic teaching, so not much room to chastising another is there, You also preach the doctrine of Devils and Demons as they taught also. You took a step out of your youthful Catholic faith but you failed to come all the way out. We are told to come (ALL) the way OUT not part way and then stop. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    I do not think the unusual origins of the Son of Man matters as far as our salvation goes but it is taught in scripture.
    Doctrines ABOUT demons and devils come from the mouth of Jesus but those FROM them appears as gnosticism.
    You should cling to the words of your Master and put your own down from the higher places in your heart.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..please explain how Jesus taught about Devils and Demons being (spirit beings) of some Kind. I agree that (adversarial Spirit) does exist and is in many and was even in Peter as well as Judas who Jesus said was (a) devil or adversary same thing.. But where does it say that the adversary are (beings) of some kind. A spirit(intellect) is NOT a Being it is what is (IN) the Being. It can even be HOLY Spirit that is in the being. Spirit is Just the way you think Nick and Nothing else. It animates a body through the MIND. That is why it says the (FRUIT) of or from the SPIRIT is LOVE and PEACE and etc. Spirit is in our MINDS. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 283 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account