Gennao

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

For TT.

NickHassan
    Participant

For LU

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

See my thread on conception in the Greek language for my response to your original argument in this thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

For LU

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 21 2006,14:10)
    Hi,
    Would God share His glory in the begettal of a son in His own image?
    Isaiah 42:8
    ” I am the LORD, that is My name;I will not give My glory to another,Nor My praise to graven images.'
    If the begettal was at his conception in Mary then the Son would also be in the image of Mary and God would share the glory with her.

Nick

I just thought I point this out, “the LORD” is not a name, it was put there in replacing the name “Jehovah” by the Scribes who had such a reverence for God's name that they would not speak it or write it.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

To all

Have you ever checked your dictionary what “Father” means?

FATHER; he who gives live to the SON.

What is a “SON”?

SON; he who receives live from the Father.

When speaking of God the Father, we know he had no beginning, everything and everyone else has his beginning from the Father because life or existence begins with him, that includes his Son.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

4mb

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2010,13:40)
    4mb

Okay, I read it all. What's the point? What are you trying to tell me? Just speak English, man. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    A THREAD FOR YOU TO READ AND POST IN.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2010,15:01)
    Hi MB,
    A THREAD FOR YOU TO READ AND POST IN.

What do you want to know?

I don't know the process by which God begat His Son. I think he had to be begotten by God before anything was created or everything couldn't have come into existence through him.

I think he was begotten again as flesh.

I think he was begotten a third time from the dead. I think that is where we don't see eye to eye. You seem to think he was enveloped by God's Spirit; I think he is still an individual being with his own will.

peace and love,
    mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I have come to see that as the Sons of God are led by the Spirit of God [Rom8]the relevant sonship of Jesus began at the Jordan.[Lk3,4]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    He is happy to call us his brothers and we can become sons no other way.[heb 2.11]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2010,16:28)
    Hi MB,
    I have come to see that as the Sons of God are led by the Spirit of God [Rom8]the relevant sonship of Jesus began at the Jordan.[Lk3,4]

Hmmm…..That's what the JW's think! :D

Are you in bed with them now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Are you a brother of Jesus?
    In what way?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 30 2010,16:40)
    Hi MB,
    Are you a brother of Jesus?
    In what way?

Hi Nick,

I have a hope that I might be judged by Jesus to be acceptable someday to be a joint heir with him in the Kingdom of his God and our God, and therefore considered a brother of Christ.

But others besides Jesus were anointed by Holy Spirit, were they not? Were they then the begotten sons of God in the same sense as Jesus is? If so, how can Jesus be said to be the ONLY begotten Son?

IMO, Jesus was not begotten at the Jordan, but before all things came to be. He is not the only one on whom the Spirit of God descended, is he?

peace and love,
    mike

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I'm interested in this that you are disputing..

But I don't know who the 'others' are that were anointed with the Holy Spirit.

Just for completion and to expedite a timely response, can you point out who these others are.

Regards,
    JA.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You should know.

If you have the earnest of the Spirit it is a downpayment on your inheritance,[eph1.14, 1jn 1.20f]
    If you walk according to the Spirit you are a son of God.[Rom8]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ May 31 2010,05:38)
    Hi Mike,

I'm interested in this that you are disputing..

But I don't know who the 'others' are that were anointed with the Holy Spirit.

Just for completion and to expedite a timely response, can you point out who these others are.

Regards,
    JA.

Hi brother,

2 Cor 1 says,

21Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2010,06:13)
    Hi MB,
    You should know.

If you have the earnest of the Spirit it is a downpayment on your inheritance,[eph1.14, 1jn 1.20f]
    If you walk according to the Spirit you are a son of God.[Rom8]

Hi Nick,

This is hard for me.  I dont' feel like I should be forgiven for the things I've done.  My Mom says it's like slapping Jehovah in the face to not accept his forgiveness through Jesus.  

I know what she says is right, but I can't help myself.  I just can't seem to bring myself to think I am “in”.  Like I've made the cut.

Jesus will eventually judge everyone by the things they've done.  So that contradicts in my mind the fact that it is not by works, but by the undeserved kindness of God.

anyway….

peace and love,
    mike

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins.
    When the Son sets you free you shall be free indeed.

Those who have bathed only need wash their feet.[Jn13. 1 Jn1]

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account