For non trinitarians

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 459 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 07 2010,12:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,11:36)
    Hi P2a,
    God is not a mere man but Jesus was.
    God does not die but Jesus did.

Jesus was in unity with God.
    God filled Him with His own Holy Spirit.
    God was in him reconciling the world to himself.

These things are written so best not to wander off into foolish speculations.

i show scriptures not foolishness.

jesus was not a mere man.

he was not made from dust of earth as we are.

your right jesus was in unity in word,nature and sprirt with god.

the symbolic flesh form of man died.

how do i speculate plain reading of text with no pre despostion to them.

one cannot just ignore scriptures they do not like.

this unity is more than our understanding of a father and son.

that is just to man as illistration.

jesus was the visible copy of the invisible god, the nature of god the word of god the works or god and even titles to god are used and given and shown to man from jesus.

to say he is so different in all and a completely seperate being is every sense is not true.

the unity of god is very complex.

like i said he would either have to be also a god that has no powers or will or words of his own, but then you cannot take away his divinity either.

or he is in total unity with god in all ways, as to be a way for god to have shown man himself in form of words and works from having a son be born of vigin of his spirit seed of his nature . a son as were mere humans can see and relate too with our limited minds that he is the son of God.

of god. he is of god.  christ the living god.

scriptures say that no man has seen god yet it also says people have.

also the apostles worshiped and called jesus GOD.

jesus did not correct them. are they blasphemers for doing so or is it idolitery then on their part?

no if it is true. god is complex in unity.

Hi p2a,
    Was the flesh of Jesus different to yours-just symbolic?
    Was he conceived of Mary?

Did he bleed and die, suffer pain and temptation as we do?  

Scripture says he was a man but folks want him to be a demigod, like the picture books.

Try Is 53

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 06 2010,11:10)
    Jodi Lee said:

Once again are you saying this is a lie, or we are suppose to believe that to some people the Father is the God of Jesus but to others He is not the God of Jesus?

I have said over and over again that the Father is the God of Jesus but NOT the Lord of Jesus.
    Jesus Himself is the King of kings and Lord of lords.” Moreover, He is the ONLY King of kings and Lord of lords.” He has no Lord over Him.

thinker

Hi ThinkingMan,

We have another very interesting yes/no presented.
    Thinker had previously said he would gladly explain using scripture.

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,03:04)
    TO ALL:

I am committed to defining all things within their biblical context.
    thinker

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me,
    ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Are you overlooking these scriptures, or do they have no relevance any more as well?

Please indulge?

ED J

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,12:42)

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 07 2010,12:19)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,11:36)
    Hi P2a,
    God is not a mere man but Jesus was.
    God does not die but Jesus did.

Jesus was in unity with God.
    God filled Him with His own Holy Spirit.
    God was in him reconciling the world to himself.

These things are written so best not to wander off into foolish speculations.

i show scriptures not foolishness.

jesus was not a mere man.

he was not made from dust of earth as we are.

your right jesus was in unity in word,nature and sprirt with god.

the symbolic flesh form of man died.

how do i speculate plain reading of text with no pre despostion to them.

one cannot just ignore scriptures they do not like.

this unity is more than our understanding of a father and son.

that is just to man as illistration.

jesus was the visible copy of the invisible god, the nature of god the word of god the works or god and even titles to god are used and given and shown to man from jesus.

to say he is so different in all and a completely seperate being is every sense is not true.

the unity of god is very complex.

like i said he would either have to be also a god that has no powers or will or words of his own, but then you cannot take away his divinity either.

or he is in total unity with god in all ways, as to be a way for god to have shown man himself in form of words and works from having a son be born of vigin of his spirit seed of his nature . a son as were mere humans can see and relate too with our limited minds that he is the son of God.

of god. he is of god.  christ the living god.

scriptures say that no man has seen god yet it also says people have.

also the apostles worshiped and called jesus GOD.

jesus did not correct them. are they blasphemers for doing so or is it idolitery then on their part?

no if it is true. god is complex in unity.

Hi p2a,
    Was the flesh of Jesus different to yours-just symbolic?
    Was he conceived of Mary?

Did he bleed and die, suffer pain and temptation as we do?  

Scripture says he was a man but folks want him to be a demigod, like the picture books.

Try Is 53

i know that i wasn't made up of god's spirit and put into a virgin womb.

i wasn't a visible copy of the invisible god that could not be tempted to sin and that was perfect from sin.

no jesus was not a mere ordinary man. a man he was but not ordinary.

my body when dead doesn't disapear as jesus did.

nothing about him is so seperate as lots claim.

even jesus claimed the unity that he had in every aspect.

god has come to man and man has seen him as scriptures say.

jesus accepts praise as GOD and prince of peace and eternal father and all titles tht only god is supposed to have.

scriptures say that god shares glory with noone yet jesus does.

its very clear the unity that htey have and god is very complex in unity but some think there is none.

one must take all the scriptures and not just ones that sound good to them.

noone is worshipping more than the one god yhwh here.

matthew 1:23 – behold , a virgin shall bewith child and shall bring forth a son andthey will call him immanuel, interpreted ' god with us”

yeshoshua in hebrew means jehovah saves.

the unity is complex of god. to keep the view that there is no unity is obsurd. and that hey are totaly seperate not what is shown.

to say that jesus is not part of god in any sense but only listens to god as a human son does to his father is not so, that is for us to be able to comprehend his communication.

it was for all not just a specific prophet to have seen or heard god.

micah 5:2 – among hte thousands of judah, yet out o fthee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in isreal, whose goings forth of old, from everlasting.

thats not a descripiton of a created jesus”son”
    it talks of god who is eternal and of old. was always

i'm tired now and don't want ot add more scriptures.

god's unity is complex, just becasue he can be at two places at once yet different roles and specific duties to hold does not mean that more than one god is to be worshiped or that it takes away god yhwh as true god to worship only.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi p2a,
    Scripture says he was conceived.
    Mary really was his mother and not a surrogate.

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2010,13:25)

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 06 2010,11:10)
    Jodi Lee said:

Once again are you saying this is a lie, or we are suppose to believe that to some people the Father is the God of Jesus but to others He is not the God of Jesus?

I have said over and over again that the Father is the God of Jesus but NOT the Lord of Jesus.
    Jesus Himself is the King of kings and Lord of lords.” Moreover, He is the ONLY King of kings and Lord of lords.” He has no Lord over Him.

thinker

Hi ThinkingMan,

We have another very interesting yes/no presented.
    Thinker had previously said he would gladly explain using scripture.

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 07 2010,03:04)
    TO ALL:

I am committed to defining all things within their biblical context.
    thinker

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me,
    ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Are you overlooking these scriptures, or do they have no relevance any more as well?

Please indulge?

ED J

the father and son is a visual illisration for man.

it is a role relationship, one is greater than another.

how else would we be able to distinguish this if it was not shown to use in a way mere can can comprehend.

god has been at two places at the same time and has come to man in sight before in conversation

isaiah . abraham . moses and others too.

he has spoken and shown himself.

to say that because the son figure of god, to man is not equal to the father proves nothing in your defense

for us humans it makes sense in terms of position and authority but doesn't mean it cannot be a way of god's complex unity and communication.

this is not a new thing.

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,13:42)
    Hi p2a,
    Scripture says he was conceived.
    Mary really was his mother and not a surrogate.

i see, you think the bible lies and that she was not a virgin and jesus was concieved from another earthy man.

peace2all
    Participant

nick , your reply does you no justice. you should rethink what you wrote

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P2A,
    Indeed the Son of God was filled with fullness of the Spirit of his God at the Jordan becoming united with Him. Then he began his ministry empowered by God's Spirit.[acts 10.38, lk4, Jn3, Jn14, Jn17]

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,13:55)
    Hi P2A,
    Indeed the Son of God was filled with fullness of the Spirit of his God at the Jordan becoming united with Him. Then he began his ministry empowered by God's Spirit.[acts 10.38, lk4, Jn3, Jn14, Jn17]

but his spirit is what was placed there.

mary was virgin.

i see you had a post about dinosaurs and creation times

you said that god could have tested out different animals before starting adam & eve and that yuo said to someone that we don't know wht god thinks or does and that why does he need to be a boring god …etc.

so why then do you close you eyes to a way that god can use himself to communicate to us.

scriptures point out that it was so.

one god is only worshiped as almighty, only one path that leads to his kingdom, only one source is responsible for all.

keep your faith alive inside.

peace2all
    Participant

just how wonderful yhwh is to make a perfect man from his spirit and have is nature and word and works and spirit to be a tangable thing to man.

no longer a distant and unseen, unreachable creator, ruler and lover of man.

god's very own words were preached to us, his own works were shown to us , his teachings were shown to us.

how to do the things that were written or conveyed was now shown in this visible replica of all that god wills. the same words that created all.

this unity of god is complex how he works and communicates to us and for us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 07 2010,14:17)

Hi P2A,

mary was virgin.

you said that god could have tested out different animals before starting adam & eve and that yuo said to someone that we don't know wht god thinks or does and that why does he need to be a boring god …etc.

so why then do you close you eyes to a way that god can use himself to communicate to us.

one god is only worshiped as almighty, only one path that leads to his kingdom, only one source is responsible for all.

Hi p2a,
    So you say but scripture says in several places that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

He was only active by the power of the Spirit after his anointing at the Jordan.

Before then his neighbours noted nothing different about him and his only advantage shown was his wisdom and knowledge of scripture at the age of 12.

Try Acts 10.38

banana
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 05 2010,03:46)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 04 2010,15:55)
    hi P2A
    Jesus always recognise his father being greater than himself and that he does not do anything without his father ,
    if he was God he should not say this ,

there is no trinity, Christ is the only begotten Son of the father ,this can not be broken, do you get it.

the first born of creation ,this can not be broken ;do you understand this.

t,
    Your assertion that Jesus “always” recognizes the Father to be greater than Himself cannot be proven for one thing. Second, the Father Himself said that Jesus would sit at His right hand which is the position of equality in Hebrew thought. So the Father does not recognize that Jesus is lesser at this time.

The Father WAS (past tense) greater than Jesus.

thinker

thinker

Given to sit, which is symbolic, at the right hand of a king, is the highest honor a king can give to any one; it in no way makes the honored equal to the king.
    The Father always was and always will be greater then anyone, and that includes Jesus; Jesus never sought equality to the Father.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi p2a,
    The true father of Jesus kept him from sin and helped him learn His ways.
    But the gifts [1Cor12] and fruit[Gal5] he displayed were those of God in him from the time of his anointing.
    A man no different to I in any way we can truly follow him by rebirth of water and the Spirit into that same empowered and God led life.

banana
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,15:42)
    Hi p2a,
    The true father of Jesus kept him from sin and helped him learn His ways.
    But the gifts [1Cor12] and fruit[Gal5] he displayed were those of God in him from the time of his anointing.
    A man no different to I in any way we can truly follow him by rebirth of water and the Spirit into that same empowered and God led life.

Nick

The fact that Jesus knew who he was, where he came from, and why he had come, kept him from sinning; even though he was tempted in all thinks. Had the Father kept him from sinning, it would not have been Jesus' effort to resist sin.
    He than could have used any other angel.

Georg

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2010,15:31)

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 07 2010,14:17)

Hi P2A,

mary was virgin.

Hi p2a,
    So you say but scripture says in several places that he was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

He was only active by the power of the Spirit after his anointing at the Jordan.

Before then his neighbours noted nothing different about him and his only advantage shown was his wisdom and knowledge of scripture at the age of 12.

Try Acts 10.38

yes i already said he was made of god's spirit and was given it.

he placed his spirit into mary.

so you think that a virgin gave birth without god's doing, but only gave him his spirit at baptism?

luke 1:35 says that this is done by god's spirt (holy ghost) that she was with child from god.

so he has nature of man from mary yet sinless and divine in nature of god.

peace2all
    Participant

jesus had god's divine nature and was sinless in nature also.

he only saw and spoke and did what only god can.

he could not be tempted or sin because he was in complete unity with god.

the very nature of jesus is constant tht the unity is deep, yet some want to past him as this seperate individual in every possible way and thats not so.

sepereate in role and distinction but not in nature and word or spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….Jesus became a son of GOD When the holy Spirit came into Him at the Jordan when He was Baptized, the voice from GOD said in this DAY i have begotten you. Nick is right when He was a young lad he was no different then any other Lad. His ministry started after his receiving of HOLY SPIRIT , He was straight way led into the wilderness to be tested. And with that Spirit was able to master His human Nature. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

hi Gene

why Christ became a son to god ,wen he went to John the Baptist ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (peace2all @ Jan. 07 2010,11:30)
    jesus had god's divine nature and was sinless in nature also.

he only saw and spoke and did what only god can.

he could not be tempted or sin because he was in complete unity with god.

the very nature of jesus is constant tht the unity is deep, yet some want to past him as this seperate individual in every possible way and thats not so.

sepereate in role and distinction but not in nature and word or spirit.

What do you think divine means to a monotheistic Hebrew?

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 07 2010,16:50)
    To All……….Jesus became a son of GOD When the holy Spirit came into Him at the Jordan when He was Baptized, the voice from GOD said in this DAY i have begotten you. Nick is right when He was a young lad he was no different then any other Lad. His ministry started after his receiving of HOLY SPIRIT , He was straight way led into the wilderness to be tested. And with that Spirit was able to master His human Nature. IMO

noone has argued against that, he keeps repeating that instead of reading the scriptures and accepting that god's spirit placed jesus in womb and not the sperm of some man.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 459 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account