Fluff or Stuff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Hello everyone.

As you may or may not be aware, some people here post fluff and others post stuff that actually consists of scripture.

I thought I would like to get a poll going about this and what can be done. Because I don't know about you, but I can't really be that bothered debating with people who are more interested in their own understanding about God, than what scripture has revealed about him.

I can appreciate that the Spirit leads us, but we know that he doesn't lead us away from truth to the spirit of error.

I think that there are too many people puffed up in their own imagination and pride and are trying to lead people into error even if they don't realise what they are doing.

I have got to the point where I would like the quality of posts to rise higher than what we have been seeing.

Debating with Traditional Army who defends centuries of oppression and lies doesn't seem that noble a task when you dedicate too much time toward it. I think their ideas were put to rest a long time ago, and all that we are doing now is reminding them of this and they are too blind to see.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a place where people who were humble enough to let scripture teach them. A place where those who don't, cannot disrupt the progress.

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    You already have a place for private discussions by invitation only in the 'Group Discussions and Debates' thread.  If you want to discuss with only certain people then start a discussion and invite who you want to invite.

However, it might be a good idea to have a section for those who believe in the deity of Christ and another section for those who don't and then yet another section for both to participate in.

Kathi

t8

As Kathi has pointed out you have already created a thread for that. But it seems that what you consider fluff is what you disagree with like those who believe in the Trinity and those who believe in a Binity or those who do not believe in the pre-existence of Jesus or those who believe in eternal punishment or no free will.

So the bottom line is no matter what thread you create for all those who have what you call “fluff” you would pretty much have to put every one there with the exception of maybe Mike.

Even if you do create a thread for those you want  to “censure” (at least that is what it seems like to me), people like Mike will follow us there and it will be the same thing all over again.

I knew when you created the discussions thread it would end up the same way. The Trinitarian is one of the main reasons for all the discussion on this board whether you want to admit it or not.

People post what they believe on this sight, and if your focus is to seperate the “fluff” from what you believe is the truth then the only way around that is to ban those who disagree with you.

Of course that would speak volumes and show that your doctrine cannot withstand what you call fluff!  :p

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

all

I knew when you created the discussions thread it would end up the same way. The Trinitarian is one of the main reasons for all the discussion on this board whether you want to admit it or not.

since it take more space to cover a lie than the truth WJ as a point,but if trinitarian would have there own space i would not go there,because they have nothing to say between them or do they ?

Pierre

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,13:20)
    all

since it take more space to cover a lie than the truth WJ as a point,but if trinitarian would have there own space i would not go there,because they have nothing to say between them or do they ?

Pierre

Peirre

That is a circular statement isn't it? Because I think your doctrine is a lie!

Besides are you being honest when you say you wouldn't go there since you constantly post in Trinitarian threads like a badger?

WJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2011,13:42)

Quote (terraricca @ July 01 2011,13:20)
    all

Pierre

Peirre

That is a circular statement isn't it? Because I think your doctrine is a lie!

Besides are you being honest when you say you wouldn't go there since you constantly post in Trinitarian threads like a badger?

WJ

WJ

:D :D :laugh:

Istari
    Participant

T8,

Sorry, but it is true what is being said. Take note from the parable of the Wheat and the Tares.

Also, it is exactly by giving free reign to self expression and personal intelligence (Spirit) along with a flexible limiting 'Body' of rules, that attitudes, true beliefs, growth in true or false knowledge, the nature, character and desires of each poster, is exposed.

At the present time the limiting ability of the rules has been flexed beyond it's normal boundaries – the body has become fat through gluttenous eating of disingenuousness.

It is a clear FACT that many regard 'Winning a point' as their aim – and not 'Learning' of truth.
    When they are confronted by the truth of a matter they become twisters of words and misinterpreters of Scriptures or runaways until the thread has moved on.

But such are the Tares: How can a 'True' Moderator judge and apply the rules to a 'genuine' person who is in firm belief of their [mis]understanding, or another who has been away (Not Run away)?

Who is a true Judge in this forum? Who is a true Moderator?
    Who has true Wisdom? Who has a spirit of concession (Bends with the WIND not try to stand against it)?

Certain belief types allow others to explore their own beliefs – test the depth and strength – broaden their view by a 'nearly correct but still false' point, or realise a potential flaw that could have led them astray or to compromise themselves over time.

In other words, without the OPPONENT we may never be challenged in our own self and remain ignorant of the more (or less) vital aspects of what we believe to be Scriptural Truth.

Build another house – and it, too, will quickly become the dwelling place of every kind of Spirit – just like the rest…

By the way, can I get my editing rights back. Illegal editings is not the cause of my Spangly Tiles (Wizards love Spangly coloured things…!)

Thanks.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Istari,

Excellent Post!    …Censorship IS NEVER THE ANSWER!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Pastry
    Participant

t8  

It is a clear FACT that many regard 'Winning a point' as their aim – and not 'Learning' of truth.
    When they are confronted by the truth of a matter they become twisters of words and misinterpreters of Scriptures or runaways until the thread has moved on.

This is what I believe also.   It is that reason why Georg doesn't post any longer.  And I am also getting tired of posting scriptures, and being then ignored, because whom I posted to will have no answer …
    Peace Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ July 02 2011,02:20)
    Build another house – and it, too, will quickly become the dwelling place of every kind of Spirit – just like the rest…

I agree.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus chose 12 disciples and yes one of them went astray.

This board is open so it is natural to expect all kinds and this is one good thing about HN.

But it is not that great when you want to connect with like-minded people or should I say. people who love scripture over tradition and are humble enough to let scripture teach them. A forum containing chosen people would be good only for exploring scripture in depth. But I admit that there could easily be less accountability.

Different horses for different courses is what I am saying.

e.g., Facebook makes a lousy search engine and Google is not that great on social networking. Not yet anyway.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account